Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:21 AM

Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba (114053 Views)

Why I Oppose Buhari –fayose / I Oppose Gov Oshiomhole Marriage To Fortes Because Oshiomole No Fine(pics) / Buhari First 7 Horrible Acts Since Becoming President Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by martinosi: 9:52pm On May 29, 2015
akhis:

I somuch understand your perspective but that of this guy is faulty. Few hours the deceleration was made, someone running out to say "Buhari first blunder" meaning he hopes and prays for more blunders and seek to look out for only blunder. He is too pessimistic. American will always say, God bless America, will this op be sincere to agree that he has ever prayed for Nigeria once?

The Issue of Boko Haram should have never been mentioned in President Buhari Speech
in a Direct way....especially any High Level Military Strategy like moving your Central Command

Not good signs...on your first day at Office when you start moving the Cafetaria
away from the Staff Room or the Dining Hall or the relaxation Area...
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by nwadiuko1(m): 9:53pm On May 29, 2015
I support buhari on this....because those guys in abuja are actually underemployed......

But most of the people bashing the op do not have an iota of military know-how....they are just being affected by the bandwagon effect.....( Ofcourse I can see some people bringing "biafra" "GEJ" and TAN into this)

No matter our party affiliations, tribe or religion, we the Nigerian youths should not be too comfortable just because we moved an inch from where we are to where we want to be....we should hold our leaders accountable at all time and accept nothing but the best from them....

Actually its people like the op that we need as youths in this country.....at least he has shown that he can articulate and reason well (though he is wrong on this one)

My point exactly? We shouldn't be too comfortable with one or two decisions from the government or make our leaders too comfortable....let's push them hard(constructively though) till they get the very best.....its our right
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by 2Brave: 9:53pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday in Abuja directed the central command of the military to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno, to intensify the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who gave the directive in his address after his inauguration, said it was impossible to achieve victory against the insurgents if the command continued to operate from Abuja.

He said that the command center would relocate and remain in Maiduguri until the insurgents were subdued.

No where in the History of world military History will the military central command be located right in the combat zone it is the height of unprofessional-ism which is about to force me to revisit the issue of Buhari certificate scandal. let us use the United state of America model as a case study .

Military Central command are non combatants they are not infantry units but expertise from various field of course

Structure

Central Command headquarters staff directorates include personnel, intelligence, operations, logistics, plans & policy, information systems, training & exercises, and resources, and other functions. The intelligence section is known as Joint Intelligence Center, Central Command, or JICCENT, which serves as a Joint Intelligence Center for the co-ordination of intelligence. Under the intelligence directorate, there are several divisions

In the United State the Central Military Command directs four "service component commands" and one subordinate unified command and no fighting units directly subordinate to it:

The United States Army Central (USARCENT), and the United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT), both headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, the U.S. Marine Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida and the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (USNAVCENT), headquartered at Naval Support Activity Bahrain in the Kingdom of Bahrain. MacDill Air Force Base also hosts a Sub-unified command called the Special Operations Command Central (USSOCCENT).

In 1983, U.S. Military Central Command was established to succeed the Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force, formed at MacDill AFB, Florida on 1 March 1980, to handle US national security interests in Southwest Asia, Central Asia and the Persian G

The USA Central Military Command main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests interest in the following countries as the Area of Responsibilty.

Area of Responsibility Countries for USA Central Military Command Located in Mac Dill Air force Base in Tampa Florida..

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Tactically its a great Blunder for Mr Buhari to relocated the Military Central command right into sambisa forest when he knew quite well that these people are non combatants they are not infantry soldiers and their area of responsibilty covers a wider area than just boko haram. they monitor , deploy and protect both Nigeria air land and water from both internal and external aggression.

Relocating Nigeria military Central Command to frontline war zone is the most senseless decision any president have ever taken and such action is capable of endangering Nigeria external security an outside force may invade the nation of Nigeria in time like these..

This wrong decision calls for us to revisit Buhari certificate scandal and how he come about his title of Major General when he is incapable of simple kindergarten Military Decision

Ifeduba ThankGod T ( political Analyst writes in from Anambra state)

I see u don't know nothing of Military tactics and warfare. A retired military general after studying d Nort East issue see it fit that the Central command need to move theater of war and all u can say is Blunder, I sorry for u. Must time the soldiers have problems calling communicating to the military high command this will be solve now, if there is any attack now the general will be there to give effective orders and if need be die too not sitting in there offices grow fat belly since must of even benefit from this insurgency
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by bettercreature(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2015
martinosi:

Unfortunately your response was ill-informed....research before you talk....
You obviously dont know how powerful American military is compare to Nigerian primitive military
Infact american police alone could destroy Bokoharam withing a week
Am sure you heard or read about the debate on how OBAMA is trying to downgrade american police because they are getting much more powerful than what police should be
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by akpumping7720(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:

I repeat once again the Central Military Command are not combatant soldiers they are experts there you find computer scientist manning the drones and satellite images rebroadcasting Enemy troop location to the combatant soldiers on ground and the airforces, there you even find Military nuclear experts etc..

they gather information, plan and cordinate military assaults ...

Central Military Command is an intelligent unit in the Army that is where military operation is directed using satellite images .. Buhari in this single directive acted as a man who is no longer in touch with modern military techniques

Nigeria military Command Area Of Responsibilty covers the whole of Nigeria and outside Nigeria where our troops are stationed currently

so it is very much senseless to relocate such a unit with sensitive data right at the frontline as if modern military intelligent information is gotten by trekking around sambisa forest in the middle of the Night? what are military satellites for? and surveillance drones?
Chairman enough pls.... With all these your analysis, why didn't u advice GEJ to use your strategy and when they were operating from Abuja what did they achieve in combating the Boko Boys. I beg live GMB alone make he decide how to tackle this menace once and for all joooo
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by sadissbala(m): 9:54pm On May 29, 2015
[quote author=sadissbala post=34226899][/quote]I guess u are one of those haters that I was told about.buhari is military General while u are ordinary writer not even international security expert.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 9:55pm On May 29, 2015
Since op is a political analyst you must have read sun tzu He said be fluid like water meaning there should be no rigidity in fighting. This is guerilla warfare one of the hardest to defeat. So there is no one cut fit all solution.he also said there are 5 laws that govern rules of war.geography was one if them if they have a command center there the generals will be closer to their Environment And Master It. Not sending people they do not like seeing their faces to fight
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by martinosi: 9:55pm On May 29, 2015
Rotimi47:
In all conflicts the command centers are few kilometres from the war theatre! America, Russia, Ukraine, Vietnam, Korea,DRC, Sudan, Georgia etc do it, even in some cases when America is attacking a county they have their command center on their war ship which is not far from that countries coast. People need to get their fact's right; Buhari is not a bedroom or a paper general as he has seen actual combats: he fought during the Nigerian civil war, he fought a deadly islamists group in the North during the early 80s & he lead Nigerian troops against Chad when they invaded Nigerian side of chad basin; he & the troops he lead push them out of Nigerian territories & captured several towns & villages in chad, those territories were only handed over to chad after they apologized & begged. PMB knows what he is doing.

Moving your Central Military Command..Come on Dude are you serious....please can someone
check if we are in May 2015...o.k i forgot Nigeria for the most part is still a 3rd World nation....under-developed
in state and mind ......Shezzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by CSTR2: 9:55pm On May 29, 2015
The OP made a very rookie mistake by calling buhari out now.
He is still basking in the euphoria of his election victory so his decisions whether right or wrong will be very well defended by his followers.
His decision to move the command center to maiduguri did not sit well with me too but what can i do.
You just have to wait and see how it plays out.
When his decisions and choices begin to have dire repercussions, then you can blast him till your heart's content.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by SolomonAdeola: 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
Some ppl write for several reasons. I wish I could reply straight to this writer. Don't know what propelled this writing. Well, I had typed a long speech of counter attack against him, then I remembered that everyone is entitled to his opinion and has the right to voice them out. But if I would say at least, its not a sound and balanced argument against this innocent decision of our dear BaBa
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by AIZubair(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday in Abuja directed the central command of the military to relocate to Maiduguri, Borno, to intensify the fight against Boko Haram insurgency.

Buhari, who gave the directive in his address after his inauguration, said it was impossible to achieve victory against the insurgents if the command continued to operate from Abuja.

He said that the command center would relocate and remain in Maiduguri until the insurgents were subdued.

No where in the History of world military History will the military central command be located right in the combat zone it is the height of unprofessional-ism which is about to force me to revisit the issue of Buhari certificate scandal. let us use the United state of America model as a case study .

Military Central command are non combatants they are not infantry units but expertise from various field of course

Structure

Central Command headquarters staff directorates include personnel, intelligence, operations, logistics, plans & policy, information systems, training & exercises, and resources, and other functions. The intelligence section is known as Joint Intelligence Center, Central Command, or JICCENT, which serves as a Joint Intelligence Center for the co-ordination of intelligence. Under the intelligence directorate, there are several divisions

In the United State the Central Military Command directs four "service component commands" and one subordinate unified command and no fighting units directly subordinate to it:

The United States Army Central (USARCENT), and the United States Air Forces Central Command (USAFCENT), both headquartered at Shaw Air Force Base in South Carolina, the U.S. Marine Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), headquartered at MacDill Air Force Base, Florida and the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command (USNAVCENT), headquartered at Naval Support Activity Bahrain in the Kingdom of Bahrain. MacDill Air Force Base also hosts a Sub-unified command called the Special Operations Command Central (USSOCCENT).

In 1983, U.S. Military Central Command was established to succeed the Rapid Deployment Joint Task Force, formed at MacDill AFB, Florida on 1 March 1980, to handle US national security interests in Southwest Asia, Central Asia and the Persian G

The USA Central Military Command main headquarters is located at MacDill Air Force Base, in Tampa, Florida. A forward headquarters was established in 2002 at Camp As Sayliyah in Doha, Qatar, which in 2009 transitioned to a forward headquarters at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar to serve American strategic interests interest in the following countries as the Area of Responsibilty.

Area of Responsibility Countries for USA Central Military Command Located in Mac Dill Air force Base in Tampa Florida..

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

Tactically its a great Blunder for Mr Buhari to relocated the Military Central command right into sambisa forest when he knew quite well that these people are non combatants they are not infantry soldiers and their area of responsibilty covers a wider area than just boko haram. they monitor , deploy and protect both Nigeria air land and water from both internal and external aggression.

Relocating Nigeria military Central Command to frontline war zone is the most senseless decision any president have ever taken and such action is capable of endangering Nigeria external security an outside force may invade the nation of Nigeria in time like these..

This wrong decision calls for us to revisit Buhari certificate scandal and how he come about his title of Major General when he is incapable of simple kindergarten Military Decision

Nincompoop.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by TUBLEZ(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2015
Attention seeker..at least we don see ur pix
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by akwunmi(m): 9:57pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:

Structure

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

it's not ur fault, ur fadas n modas were born 2 hate....2.usa n nig na d same ?, de have highly sophisticated weapons and technology to capture and attack their targets any wher in d world. All I c in ur speech is HATE, HATE, HATE.AR u TRYIN TO TELL US U KNOW MORE DAN AN X GENERAL?? HAVE U EVA IN UR LIFE BEING ON A WAR FIELD B4.INSTEAD OF UR SILLY ASS NIGGA 2 ACCEPT GOD'S WILL N LET HIM TRY HIS BEST, U AR HERE WIT UR MUMU PHOTO DE DISPLAY UR MUMUNITY TALENT..idiotic pikin.
IF U LIKE HATE FROM NOW TILL TOMORROW, WHO GOD HAS BLESS, NO MAN OR WOMAN CAN CURSE.

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by adakoleagbenu: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
spongeisback:
....And the mofo had to end this silly write up with his picture. You think this is punch.com?
Lolzzz!!!!!! Goodness!!! So true!
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Machiny: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
Buhari did not relocate the command centre to another country according to your argument. The relocation of the command centre will send a strong message to Boko haram that its not business as usual. And besides, its not like its the whole military that was relocated there, its just a section of it.
what he is trying to explain is moving the command center to borno.means they are to focus on just boko haram.if niger delta militant starts they we be relocated to port harcourt

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Correctman0606: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
ifedubatoochukw:

Structure

Afghanistan
Bahrain
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Lebanon
Oman
Pakistan
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Tajikistan
Turkmenistan
U.A.E.
Uzbekistan
Yemen

What are classic thread. Very briliant young man. May your days be long and continue to remain on top. We need to watch this president carrying cow brain. He is simply a stark illitrate.

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by CSTR2: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
The so-called taniods should relax for now. Four years is a long time. There will be so many opportunities to criticize.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by CSTR2: 9:58pm On May 29, 2015
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by jenti: 9:59pm On May 29, 2015
Trash.
The headline was deceptive. It is foolish to call another person's opinion particularly a retired general who had fought and commanded a troop ablunder when you had never held a gun. Armchair political analyst.
The command line against Boko Haram had been in Abuja in the last 5yrs and had fetched us nothing, what is wrong in trying another strategy. It is madness to keep doing the same thing and be expecting different results. This is an era of change.
Moreover, these so called commanding officers are in Abuja for their pockets. When they get to the battle front and their life is at stake they will command better.
Lets give the new idea a chance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by maxdel: 10:00pm On May 29, 2015
It is obvious that for every strategic pronouncement made by our new President, there are many half baked analysts waiting in the wings to attempt to shoot it down. Now suppose Bornu State is a sovereign State (by size it is larger than many existing countries), would "its" government fighting against insurgents within its territory move its military command to Niger or Chad republic because anywhere within the "Bornu" territory is too close-by? Or will Nigeria military command move base from Abuja if a rag tag Boko Haram force showed presence in Abuja.
Fools oft tend to unwittingly expose their dumb attitudes in hasty criticisms even when they are not grounded on the details of what they criticize.
Buhari is a real-life tested and proven professional military commander who for all you do not know was schooled in a top US military school. Same Country on which you laid and exposed your military ignorance. Too many dumb analysts set a good president GEJ on the wrong course. You won't succeed with Buhari an experienced military strategist.
Mr Ifeduba, you will have to wait forever for Buhari's first real blunder. This certainly, aint one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by cococandy(f): 10:00pm On May 29, 2015
Hmm.
Plots to a bigger issue.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by rafaelloteli: 10:00pm On May 29, 2015
Though, I love president Muhammadu Buhari's personality and his sense of dignity and uprightness, but I must say this, his hasty decision to relocate the central military command to a troubled Borno State should be revisited. For instance, President Buhari was able to subdue and quench the maitatsine uprising during his military regime without relocating the central command from its location to maitatsine warfront andmaitatsine uprising is now history...though, im very much concerned like Mr president that the issue of security and bokoharam is uppermost on our scale of issues to be seriously dealt with, but president Muhammadu Buhari should have at least exercise a little patience for this relocation of the central command to be serioulsly debated at the National Assembly and listen to their deliberations and final decision before taking this crucial decision......President Muhammadu Buhari...."WE ARE NO MORE IN A MILITARY REGIME AND THIS IS 2015 AND NOT 1985".........

1 Like

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by bofoy(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
dagok:
Na your parent will die of poverty.... PMB is your president now... So if you don't like him.... You can kill yourself.... #IDIOT
bastard, stop taunting me, i am not criticizing you but the GOVT , fine urself something before unemployment go kill you , get outta here i don't talk to bush animals like you.
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by olaideeeedris(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
olutunde12:

Lie! If this is cluenessness, thank God jonathan was clueless. By the time they run over the command, Nigeria is finished!
Bros, park sentiments aside, d USA he was comparing us to didn't ve their crisis on their home soil. It was outside their territory
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
It sounds like a move to score cheap political point, but a tactical military error. This should not have come from a military strategist, if Buhari was ever one.

In summary, if Boko Haram captures Maiduguri, then Nigeria is captured. What happens if ND insurgency resumes, are we going to establish another military centre in Port Harcourt?

In disaster management. You try to integrate all security apparatus and sensitive matters away from the disaster point. Not the other way round.

He was obviously ill-advised. A first blunder indeed. I am sure by tomorrow APC will provide a new explanation to the statement.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by stayblack: 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
ITbomb:
Do you mind the brainless one chance president.
MUMU MUST ADD HIN OWN DUMM THINKIN...MONKEY
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Machiny: 10:01pm On May 29, 2015
As much I wldn't want us to rush into conclusion now.its just to give the new president time to perform.But I see sense in your writeup.because if niger delta militants starts there hostility means the command wld also be moved to port harcourt ?just thinking
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
politricks:
All i see from your write up is you comparing us with U.S.A.

Well well like most Nigerians you miss the point. If he compared us with Congo or Sudan it would not have changed your position in form and value. The point is not whether we are the us or not but that it is tactless to relocate the center of your military infrastructure to the heat of a warzone. If that gets taken out as Boko Haram continues to demonstrate, will they relocate to Nairaland to continue the battle? I see over 250 like minded dolts think the same way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by Beerem: 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
DOES THIS MEAN THAT THE SERVICE CHIEFS WILL MOVE TO MAIDUGIRI?
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by dagok(f): 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
bofoy:
bastard, stop taunting me, i am not criticizing you but the GOVT , fine urself something before unemployment go kill you , get outta here i don't talk to bush animals like you.
#Stupidity
Re: Buhari First Blunder Why I Oppose Relocation Of Military Command-ifeduba by adakoleagbenu: 10:02pm On May 29, 2015
Buhari is just relocating the command centre,as related to the coordination and strategies to fight boko haram. Its not like he's relocating the entire military apparatus to Maiduguri.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Let's Have Your Complaints Here / Olusegun Adeniyi Ambushed By Boko Haram / Occupy Nigeria: Updates From Across The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.