Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,199 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. (112206 Views)

Comedian Akpororo Apologizes To Kate Henshaw After Her Outburst / Okey Bakassi Throws Shade At Buhari / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nicholas4(m): 8:01am On May 30, 2015
Lol

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:01am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
Eyaa, I didn't watch the stuff but from u guys comments, I really pity him.. He must have been so embarrassed... Make una tell am to come collect free hug from me

All these girls on NL. U hear say his account balance don break bank na im u dey offer am free hug. B4 nko ur hug no suppose be free abi make he pay for am abi na set up free hug u dey offer ni? mtcheew U dey offer free hug with those 2 incisors wey I dey see so? THE PRESIDENT MUST HEAR THIS!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by dotune(m): 8:01am On May 30, 2015
In the comedy world, there are highs and lows. Even the Ali baba and basket mouth have had a share of their own, if u ask them. Let's just say it's one of those lows of akpororo. I'm sure he will learn from it and move on. Sometimes everything goes against u on a big day like that. Don't alwys try to judge and condemn people. It could also be u oo on ur big day too. And u will need us to empathise with you grin

6 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by prophetfire: 8:01am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:
I actually felt for the dude, his jokes did not fit that occasion. An Ali Baba is more matured & would have done better. His tight trouuser sef wey come they show him penile map didn't even help matters.

Very very tight for comfort abeg grin
surveyor-general! You scan him well.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by MizzD: 8:02am On May 30, 2015
eduxerxes:
No matter how funny you are as a comedian, u can never make that kinda audience laff. They're heads of state and states men for Gods sake.

Akpororo tried jooooooor! Just that, he should have cracked some election related jokes. Dem plenty naaaaa!

Corporate jokes also allowed. His mistake was the irrelevance of his jokes to the setting.

Bro, this is not about making head of states laugh. The jokes were ridiculously boring to we viewers at home. I was cringing in embarrassment and at a point, my brother in law had to change the channel. After that dog joke, he just couldn't deal. Never watched such a terrible comedy all my life. Trust me it's not about the irrelevance of his jokes to the setting, those jokes would not make kids chuckle.!

He also blabbed a lot, was incoherent most of the time. Urgh

6 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Neplusultra(f): 8:02am On May 30, 2015
Dat lady singer dat performed sef, I don't understand her song, she jus dey shout undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by midolian(m): 8:03am On May 30, 2015
SHARIAREPORTERS:

Haram! Haram! Haram!
Woman dhe tickle u
Chai
Na long stick she use?
hahahaha..u don find me come here again?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by chrisifeanyi: 8:03am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
Eyaa, I didn't watch the stuff but from u guys comments, I really pity him.. He must have been so embarrassed... Make una tell am to come collect free hug from me

This Anambra girl too fine
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:03am On May 30, 2015
Maybe this is his biggest performing event yet. His. Is not as experienced as the bull dogs in the industry but his is quite good. If the OP is right let's just hope with won't cost him other top invite. He should learn to think different.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by adonismuller(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2015
You are just hating or maybe your problem was too big for you to laugh.

Without even being there,from your first paragraph I was laughing, you think comedy is easy like music where you sing rubbish and they give you nice beat? Go stand for crowd talk whether your leg no go dey shake!

5 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ifyemex(m): 8:04am On May 30, 2015
Twas funny;just that una. Problem big pass the joke,like he said earlier.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:05am On May 30, 2015
Why didn't you indicated yourself?

You could have decided to be the intruder comedian of the show.

Bad belly.....

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:05am On May 30, 2015
OgaTheTop2:
'I go die' should've been invited. I go die is one hell of a comedian.

I go die!!!! Not for this type of event. anyone who follows i go die very well knows that 90% of his jokes are sexual in nature. Lewd and explicit Jokes about women and sex form the major part of his get-up. Those are not the type of jokes needed in an event like this.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Chinom(m): 8:06am On May 30, 2015
I have never found him funny. All he does is SHOUT. They person wey book am don collect 10%. That's why he was chosen in the first place. It should have been Ali Baba, Julius Agwu or Basket mouth.

Akpororo is too juvenile for such occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:07am On May 30, 2015
Things are getting more difficult these days.
Whatever u do, know that u have competitors all over.
Package ursef well so that u wont miss next opportunity when it presents.

I am gradually loosing interest in nigeria comedy simply because it has been stereotyped. Same with Nollywood actors, everyone wanna be a comedian.
I have lost interest in NTA, AIT, Super Eagles, Nollywood, naija politicians, NEPA, Naija comedy,

I never expected anything different from his performance last night thus I wasnt disappointed.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:07am On May 30, 2015
Entertainment generally was poor. I expected that for Akpororo, the organizers would have gone for Ali Baba, AY, Basket Mouth or Gandoki. Though I enjoyed the performance of Bongos Ikwue, I feel Victor Uwaifo should have been picked instead. Maybe the organizers were still pained by Uwaifo's performance in Jonathan's campaign parties in Lagos. This is the first time, as far as I know, that Victor Uwaifo won't be playing in a gala at the state house. He has been playing in the state house since the 1960s. He once boasted that he has played for all Nigerian leaders.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by walosha(f): 8:09am On May 30, 2015
Brother the joke is above average. If it is not funny to you I bet you need a pastor
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:09am On May 30, 2015
For me, Bovi is one of the few comedians who tailors his jokes to fit the event he is performing at. I watched his performance at one Godswill Akpabio event and he had the whole hall in stitches. He cracked a joke about an airplane pilot and PDP/APC that everybody across both party lines can laugh about. That's how to know a good comedian

3 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by idithlove(f): 8:10am On May 30, 2015
Isn't easy to mak crowd laugh though,maybe he shud look for anoda line of work
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by dammytosh: 8:12am On May 30, 2015
tupem:
dude! those dry jokes have changed his account balance for good!

Leave the broke and dumb opinionist.

That guy is one of the best comedians around now.

He might have a bad day but it can't be as boring as an hate filled report.

I guess his will be recorded by another mistake from Buhari grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by eddydey(m): 8:12am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

@op , free the guy abeg ! the organizers wanted a cheaper comedian, the got a cheap joke in return grin
Esdb3:

@op , free the guy abeg ! the organizers wanted a cheaper comedian, the got a cheap joke in return

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Neplusultra(f): 8:12am On May 30, 2015
Is it d same Bongos Ikwue of Maryam Babangida pls? I watched his performance too but I tot dey said he's dead?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by petcom(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2015
I swear.. dry stuffs. Wey den for bring basket abi bovi. The organisation was generally poor sha

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:15am On May 30, 2015
"My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?"
-Esdb3

Thanks for this part, I was carried away and didn't get the punchline.

On the whole, dry comedian.
They should've gotten basketmouth or an individual with more experience for the show. Most performances were boring and the whole thing looked low-key like organizers refused to spend the whole budget. The MC was the most annoying part as he kept chasing performers off the stage at random times.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Rilwayne001: 8:15am On May 30, 2015
axortedbabe:
Mehn I don't know what happened Cuz dude used to be funny, BT last nite, he wasn't funny one bit...even when he said Mr president was laughing and asked cameramen to capture him,when camera captured baba,baba no dey even smile talk more of laugh,na there I change channel.

embarassed akpororo, bet why nahh

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by charlie009: 8:15am On May 30, 2015
Why won't dey invite him to anoda occasion c bad belle pple oh,moreover d joke was funny to odas dat actually enjoyed it.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Revolva(m): 8:15am On May 30, 2015
Truth of the matter those class of people don't need comedy jare their mind is set elsewhere.....but akpororo don collect him cheque..sha
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:16am On May 30, 2015
Seriously,he really fuked up big time,it would have being better if twas Bovi or basket mouth. My opinion. Buh he don get bank alertgrin #GodWin cos he said that "my accnt balance don receive change too. Onl God and himself knows the amountcheesy
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by OgaTheTop2: 8:18am On May 30, 2015
adeaks:

I go die!!!! Not for this type of event. anyone who follows i go die very well knows that 90% of his jokes are sexual in nature. Lewd and explicit Jokes about women and sex form the major part of his get-up. Those are not the type of jokes needed in an event like this.

He would change style of performance. He probably might crack executive jokes.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ajisebioyo1(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2015
Even i was also forcing myself to laugh with the expectation of more funny jokes but lo and behold nothing funny was cracked. Moreover he said it in his joke that his account balance would change...but if i were the the president, i would cut his money for the dry morsel jokes

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Obinovictor(m): 8:20am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:

Akpororo is nor yet ripe for this kind of function, he is still a church oriented comedian. Basketmouth would have nailed the ocassion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Shares Throwback Photo: "When My Bumbum Was Bigger Than Bombay" / Henod Luxury Hotels, Lagos Owned By Prince Odi Okojie, Mercy Johnson's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.