Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,029 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. (112223 Views)

Comedian Akpororo Apologizes To Kate Henshaw After Her Outburst / Okey Bakassi Throws Shade At Buhari / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 9:22am On May 30, 2015
lordhugo:

Gimme my own!
oya come take
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 9:25am On May 30, 2015
bad belle. the guy was excellent
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by CSTR2: 9:26am On May 30, 2015
This is a very young comedian performing in the biggest occasion of his life.
Of course, he would be overawed and make mistskes.
Alibaba and co did not become masters overnight.
Akpororo will definitely improve.
One thing is certain though, akpororo has far bigger potential than alibaba.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by sucess001(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2015
Akpororo shouts too much for real.

A lot of our comedians re plainly dry. The gud ones re Basketmouth,Bovi, Seyilaw, I go die, Ali Baba...

I can by far make pple laugh better dan most of these guys...

Did yall see princess and ushbebe's performance @ AY live? Absolutely terrible.

They can't invite Bovi...cos of his open support of jonathan and even basketmouth doesn't fit an official occasion like that.

The perfect person for such event was an MC/Comedian like Gbenga Adeyinka or Alibaba. Teju Baby Face and Tee A too could do...

These guys need to consistently refresh their jokes...

Lesson for all: if u don't constantly reinvent yourself...u become stale!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Originalsly: 9:31am On May 30, 2015
"......his bank account increased"....small minded people who can't see farther than their nose. The stage nor audience doesn't get bigger than that at a Presidential Inauguration. If he couldn't prepare and be sharp for that one ... to make his name and fame ... to get bookings from far and wide... then plain and simple he messed up big time on a golden opportunity. Who would now want to book him after such a performance and national embarrassment?...who would now be willing to go to his show?......doesn't matter...he got paid.

3 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by themodernman: 9:33am On May 30, 2015
axortedbabe:
Mehn I don't know what happened Cuz dude used to be funny, BT last nite, he wasn't funny one bit...even when he said Mr president was laughing and asked cameramen to capture him,when camera captured baba,baba no dey even smile talk more of laugh,na there I change channel.

Kikikikikikikikiki grin

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by reflx(m): 9:34am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:
I actually felt for the dude, his jokes did not fit that occasion. An Ali Baba is more matured & would have done better. His tight trouuser sef wey come they show him penile map didn't even help matters.

Very very tight for comfort abeg grin

my dear...the guy was awful...i began to feel kinda sad for him!!!maybe he didn't rehearse at all and tot he could flow with the atmosphere!!!unfortunately it failed him! cry

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by themodernman: 9:34am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:
I actually felt for the dude, his jokes did not fit that occasion. An Ali Baba is more matured & would have done better. His tight trouuser sef wey come they show him penile map didn't even help matters.

Penile map? Wetin your eye fain go dia.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 9:35am On May 30, 2015
themodernman:

Penile map? Wetin your eye fain go dia.

It was all over nau grin
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by NaLaugh: 9:36am On May 30, 2015
Every performer has an "off day."

In general, i think he is decent. I post his performances on my site, when i find them.

Basketmouth is usually good, but even he has had some pretty awful performances.
That is just the nature of the beast.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 9:37am On May 30, 2015
reflx:

my dear...the guy was awful...i began to feel kinda sad for him!!!maybe he didn't rehearse at all and tot he could flow with the atmosphere!!!unfortunately it failed him! cry

You don't go for that kind of show without doing your homework. The dude was obviously not prepared. He think set na THE Experience

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by lordhugo(m): 9:46am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
oya come take

Following
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by windud: 9:47am On May 30, 2015
Those jokes were complete poo to me. was nervous and edgy watching him make no meaning to our dignitaries. first national disgrace our president saw. Was expecting Ali Baba, Basket Mouth or Gordons, Mr. Haleluyah. Akparoro u screwed up

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by themodernman: 9:48am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:

It was all over nau grin

Was it all over or your eyes were all over angry

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by kingslly(m): 9:49am On May 30, 2015
I've neva laughed at any of his jokes. Dat guy is not a Comedian.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 9:49am On May 30, 2015
themodernman:

Was it all over or your eyes were all over angry

Na you sabi sad

Is it your body?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ROCKJ1(m): 9:50am On May 30, 2015
shortgun:
Blame the brainless Daura President
I hope you are ok?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by DrBulalaa(m): 9:59am On May 30, 2015
When comedians don't research and map out jokes to fit occasions they are invited for that what happens. Akpororo was just repeating jokes that didn't suit the occasion. Better luck next time, if there will be a next time sha grin

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by zibi2(m): 10:00am On May 30, 2015
I just watched it on you tube man he tried buhari laughed to his joke. God has elevated him. Haters always hate.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Classicman47(m): 10:06am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:

Everyone talking about his jokes u na Im pen!s u dey look.
Human being!
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Glokit(m): 10:07am On May 30, 2015
funny or e no funny......account don fat.....haters! aw much u get for account....funniest tin u didn't realised was DAT most of u watched him on tv ... but he was dia live with d president and some world dignitaries.......boring jokes made his account fat....wen last did your wonderful speech fetched u money.......
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 10:09am On May 30, 2015
Classicman47:

Everyone talking about his jokes u na Im pen!s u dey look.
Human being!

Mr Holier-than thou, why would he wear something to emphasize his pen!s if he doesn't want us to talk about it?

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by themodernman: 10:20am On May 30, 2015
Ariel20:

Na you sabi sad

Is it your body?

Abi oh! cheesy
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Deluxii(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2015
What I really want Akpororo to work on is to try and modulate his voice over the microphone whenever is performing. Damn! the guy too dey shout over the mic and this always makes him to sound so horrible. My 2cent

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by maddock(m): 10:28am On May 30, 2015
To be honest I felt so ashamed for reason I dont know why, maybe just having an empathetic feeling for the misfiring. Like someone rightly pointed he didn't do his homework well he should have researched and maybe watched former clips of similar event to guide him on type of jokes. Akpos better luck next time.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ikorodureporta: 10:33am On May 30, 2015
The whole show was a show-of-shame!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by joxxy01(m): 10:33am On May 30, 2015
even the m.c own worst, kept givin dry jokes about buhari and his certificate scandal....i just felt like stabin him wit a fork on his eye
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by wacoj(m): 10:36am On May 30, 2015
Poster you are very correct. I was highly disappointed with his jokes last night.
As soon as i heard that Akpororo was the one coming to perform, i was so excited
considering what i know him for. He used to be my greatest comedian, but his performance
last night was just SHIT SHIT SHIT

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by TheAdvocate(m): 10:41am On May 30, 2015
Ryabcool:
Lol! This same akpororo that was insulting Buhari during Jonathan's campaign with nollywood acts. I don't pity him. In fact they made a big error inviting him to perform.

Did he insult Buhari or he made a joke about Buhari? Yu need to understand the difference dude.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by preciousMI1(f): 11:10am On May 30, 2015
one thing is that he took his pay. second thing is that some pple in d crowd laughed...
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by fejikudz(m): 11:13am On May 30, 2015
tupem:
dude! those dry jokes have changed his account balance for good!
Hahahaha, u can say that again!!!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by fejikudz(m): 11:18am On May 30, 2015
sucess001:
Akpororo shouts too much for real.

A lot of our comedians re plainly dry. The gud ones re Basketmouth,Bovi, Seyilaw, I go die, Seyilaw....

I can by far make pple laugh better dan most of these guys...

Did yall see princess and ushbebe's performance @ AY live? Absolutely terrible.

They can't invite Bovi...cos of his open support of jonathan and even basketmouth doesn't fit an official occasion like that.

The perfect person for such even was an MC/Comedian like Gbenga Adeyinka or Alibaba. Teju Baby Face and Tee A too could do...

These guys need to consistently refresh their jokes...

Lesson for all: if u don't constantly reinvent yourself...u become stale!
so true

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Shares Throwback Photo: "When My Bumbum Was Bigger Than Bombay" / Henod Luxury Hotels, Lagos Owned By Prince Odi Okojie, Mercy Johnson's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.