Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,627 members, 7,813,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. (112184 Views)

Comedian Akpororo Apologizes To Kate Henshaw After Her Outburst / Okey Bakassi Throws Shade At Buhari / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by pek(m): 8:41am On May 30, 2015
honvalid:
kissIm not surprise at all.i think akpororo is over rated for such event.He is my close friend so iknow the programmes dat he can perform well.He is more like 95percent good for church programmes and 50percent okay for circular show.Believe u me he is over rated.They should have give it to Bovi or gandoki.He is not really a total comedian.He only sing,dance and add some jokes when its necessary.
bros, it is secular and not circular. Also, believe you me is wrong. Just say, believe me.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 8:42am On May 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

All these girls on NL. U hear say his account balance don break bank na im u dey offer am free hug. B4 nko ur hug no suppose be free abi make he pay for am abi na set up free hug u dey offer ni? mtcheew U dey offer free hug with those 2 incisors wey I dey see so? THE PRESIDENT MUST HEAR THIS!
lmao.. Do you know what it takes for me to hug him?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by LuvSwollenPussy(m): 8:42am On May 30, 2015
I'm not really suprised. His jokes are usually full of exaggerations (not reality) and anybody who exaggerates will definitely fvck up someday especially in an intimidating gathering like that of yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:42am On May 30, 2015
Akpororo's presentation was a piece of trash.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 8:43am On May 30, 2015
heffem:
free hug? Ur hugs dey produce money?
gives something more than money
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 8:44am On May 30, 2015
uppa:
if he doesnt show up.....errm...can I *coughs* replace him?
ole
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:44am On May 30, 2015
Honestly, it was a poor outing.
The guy has not learnt to catch on the moment in his trade.
Too bad!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by cyril700(m): 8:44am On May 30, 2015
honvalid:
kissIm not surprise at all.i think akpororo is over rated for such event.He is my close friend so iknow the programmes dat he can perform well.He is more like 95percent good for church programmes and 50percent okay for circular show.Believe u me he is over rated.They should have give it to Bovi or gandoki.He is not really a total comedian.He only sing,dance and add some jokes when its necessary.
those u mentioned are pdp stalwarts who championed campaigns against d apc
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by PassingShot(m): 8:45am On May 30, 2015
hedonistic:

So this explains it. Starting the new government with nepotism and 'Man know Man' - even in the smallest of things. Is this what the much-vaunted 'change' will entail?
So, someone saying "he might have been brought by Osinbajo" is enough to disorganize your whole system!
We know that TANoids opposition will be very hilarious. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by lordhugo(m): 8:49am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
lol . Not allowed

Gimme my own!
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by chukwuemekaduke: 8:49am On May 30, 2015
No be small shame catch me for him

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by femi4: 8:51am On May 30, 2015
expozey:
Quite surprised to hear this. I personally consider him one of Nigeria's top conedians judging by some of his performances I've witnessed.
Probably this was the biggest occasion he has performed in and was just so nervous. I know he'll definitely get better.
Basketmouth and Ali baba remain the best, they can do jokes in pure English. You need to see Joke Sliver too yesterday, she was so nervous that she forgot the name of vp's wife. Imagine, a whole project fame faculty principal

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:51am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
lol . Not allowed

Not allowed because he is not akpororo or because his bank account balance never experience change? Choose one instead of stopping at "not allowed"
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by tupem: 8:51am On May 30, 2015
buzquet:
how fragile a Nigerian thinkin can be. Is everything bout moni?
no it's not! that's why prosperity shouldn't be yours! hypocrite! was Alibaba perfect as a comedian from day one?! stay online and be hating! akpororo is facing his fears and nervousness and making a headway in his career! and pls don't quote me again lover if poverty! angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:51am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
lol . Not allowed

Not allowed because he is not akpororo or because his bank account balance never experience change? Choose one instead of stopping at "not allowed" You be mopol?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by isahsalee: 8:52am On May 30, 2015
Talk is cheap, we criticize the intellects of others from our comfort zones. Tell me of that man who had never suffered set back in quest for success in life?. Comedy business is more complex than music show. A musician will continue with a hit track taking for a live show tour around the world. But, is not the same with Comedian because, the moment a comedian say a joke in a particular venue, the chances repeating same joke in another venue is always less than 20%. Comedian keeps refreshing to meet up with new trends where he drives the jokes from.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by breakeven: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
It was very disgraceful indeed. I was even ashamed when I was watching it. The organisers bleeped up. Akpororo may be a good clown not certainly a good comedian for such an occasion.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:53am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
lmao.. Do you know what it takes for me to hug him?

Do u know what it takes for anyone to give u a hug back? Or don't u belong to everybody and belong to nobody?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by femi4: 8:54am On May 30, 2015
lordhugo:
HIS JOKES WERE NOT SUITABLE FOR THE EVENT. PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

EVEN MY MUM CALLED ME AND SAID SHE WAS CRINGING IN HER SEAT LAST NIGHT!

SHE ASKED IF THAT WASN'T THE SAME MTN AIRTEL ADVERT GUY.

HE MESSED UP.

MORE POLITICAL JOKES SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE.

NOT PIDGIN ENGLISH AKPOS JOKES.

The only good spot was when he asked buhari and his wife to adopt him!

.....not dog and armed robber and AREA!

I was disgusted and this is coming from a confirm warri boy.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by modebabe(f): 8:54am On May 30, 2015
Ryabcool:
Lol! This same akpororo that was insulting Buhari during Jonathan's campaign with nollywood acts. I don't pity him. In fact they made a big error inviting him to perform.
no dey want him to come and disgrace himself.
tupem:
no it's not! that's why prosperity shouldn't be yours! hypocrite! was Alibaba perfect as a comedian from day one?! stay online and be hating! akpororo is facing his fears and nervousness and making a headway in his career! and pls don't quote me again lover if poverty! angry
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by redcliff: 8:54am On May 30, 2015
expozey:
Quite surprised to hear this. I personally consider him one of Nigeria's top conedians judging by some of his performances I've witnessed.
Probably this was the biggest occasion he has performed in and was just so nervous. I know he'll definitely get better.

That guy is not funny in anyway. He shouts too much and talk more rubbish

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by dustydee: 8:54am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Cc: lalasticlala
The part that made me cringe was when he made reference to change in his account, saying his account had changed due to the invitation to perform. I think he realised too late that it was inappropriate for that type of setting.

3 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by itxtoff(m): 8:56am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Cc: lalasticlala
You see your old life? Na jealousy go kill am finish. Go do the comedy yourself nah. Mpama ike.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:57am On May 30, 2015
But seriously the guy was so dry that I had to sit with a 5 litre gallon of kunu just to wet my palate he kept drying up with his gaffes.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Fourwinds: 8:57am On May 30, 2015
Ryabcool:
Lol! This same akpororo that was insulting Buhari during Jonathan's campaign with nollywood acts. I don't pity him. In fact they made a big error inviting him to perform.
i believe dat must have made him nervous

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by kwiin: 8:58am On May 30, 2015
op l agree with u. l guess he was invited based on the request of the VP who must have sat through his best outings in the church. l think he does best in church setting. He couldn't find anything in politics worth a joke and so resort to cursing his audience and those who recruited him. l pitied him.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by trustedward(m): 9:04am On May 30, 2015
Seriously Dat guy is d most boring comedian I've even seen in Nigerian history,his jokes re as dry,.....even Mtn useless joke funny pass him own,wit his Big Big teeth Wen him dey sun,seriously basket mouth or Alibaba would av been better..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by AnOlAd: 9:05am On May 30, 2015
Thought it was only me oooo... Horrible performance.....Jeeezzz I was literally cringing on my seat..

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by jtjohn(m): 9:11am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
Eyaa, I didn't watch the stuff but from u guys comments, I really pity him.. He must have been so embarrassed... Make una tell am to come collect free hug from me
ur hug dey share money........
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by cjplainstrip: 9:14am On May 30, 2015
Download the most played song in the country this week 4 free! its Choco Jay starring wilfresh titled,EKELEBE (Police). Totally hilarious. http:///XSspK0.Enjoy!

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ifeomaekol(f): 9:18am On May 30, 2015
vizkiz:
I wasn't expecting him(apororo) to be the comedian at that kindda occasion though(no hating)
Ali baba, or basket mouth...even seyi law would have done better! Even their maturity speaks smiley
maybe his price was cheaper than that of basket mouth n ali baba or bovi.

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 9:21am On May 30, 2015
naijadeyhia:

Do u know what it takes for anyone to give u a hug back? Or don't u belong to everybody and belong to nobody?
lmao. Ur funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Shares Throwback Photo: "When My Bumbum Was Bigger Than Bombay" / Henod Luxury Hotels, Lagos Owned By Prince Odi Okojie, Mercy Johnson's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.