Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,216 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. (112222 Views)

Comedian Akpororo Apologizes To Kate Henshaw After Her Outburst / Okey Bakassi Throws Shade At Buhari / Comedian Akpororo Weds Josephine (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:20am On May 30, 2015
charix:
"My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?"
-Esdb3

Thanks for this part, I was carried away and didn't get the punchline.

On the whole, dry comedian.
They should've gotten basketmouth or an individual with more experience for the show. Most performances were boring and the whole thing looked low-key like organizers refused to spend the whole budget. The MC was the most annoying part as he kept chasing performers off the stage at random times.

Lolgrin I don't need anybody to tell me that,you slept around 11:30 to 12mid nightcheesy you cram d joke 4 head ni sha

Second paragraph:
Yeah I think you're right,organizers na d real fuk upsad
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by buzquet(m): 8:20am On May 30, 2015
tupem:
dude! those dry jokes have changed his account balance for good!
how fragile a Nigerian thinkin can be. Is everything bout moni?

4 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Ninilowo(m): 8:20am On May 30, 2015
Borrow jokes he cracked that yesterday. That "look ur neighbour" joke was actually from a. b. o. k. i for Christ.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by heffem(m): 8:23am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
Eyaa, I didn't watch the stuff but from u guys comments, I really pity him.. He must have been so embarrassed... Make una tell am to come collect free hug from me
free hug? Ur hugs dey produce money?

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by martineverest(m): 8:24am On May 30, 2015
I was really embarassed.i had to switch to another station.....his suit was over-size....i really pity him.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ifeayi99: 8:24am On May 30, 2015
grin
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Ninilowo(m): 8:25am On May 30, 2015
sweatlana:
The entire gala was poorly organised. It's was shameful at some point joke silva and the other mc didn't know what they were doing!

What a disgrace!
Yes..... I saw it too.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by harry509: 8:25am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Cc: lalasticlala
weda dry or not. He has bein paid already.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Krasid(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2015
niceguy7:
At op because u dont like akpororo doesn't mean he is not funny...get with it. undecided
Who says he's not funny? All the OP said was that his nervousness made his jokes yesterday a bit dry.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by jodeci(m): 8:26am On May 30, 2015
I felt pity for the guy,he was lost.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by ogaphill: 8:28am On May 30, 2015
Esdb3:
Akpororo was the comedian invited for the presidential inaugural gala night, he was banal and even though he tried to hide it, he was nervous!

He came up and cracked his dry egg shell of jokes like this"ahem, can you please appreciate me, pls appreciate me once again. If I crack joke and you no laugh it shows your problem is big and you need a pastor not a comedian. Tell your neighbour you are looking good, tell him or her once again. My name is akpororo but the white men call me akporaurau. My father one time went to buy a dog, though the dog didn't behave like a dog but like a cat anyways dog na dog. You know how people call their dogs by human name, you go see dog called kelvin, gabriel. You'll see white people say gabriel jump, sit, run. One day thieves came and shouted everybody lie down, na so the dog lie. The owner look at the dog and said gabriel bark, bite these people. The dog replied if you no shut up I go bite your ear, no be gun they hold so?(That was the funniest of his jokes and it isn't even funny)"

He then, talked about a warri pastor that asked people to tell their neighbour that what happened to me will happen to you. "Na so I look my neighbour hin get bandage for I eye I con talk say neighbour what happened to you will happened to you" (akpororo then laughed) then he. Greeted joke silva and said "shout to my great aunty, aunty joke silva. We need to improve our nollywood. You see our accident and spirit scenes let us leave the accident scenes to the indians." He then said rubbish about spirit scenes that made no meaning to everybody"

He finally capped his "unfunny" display with "thank you mr president for being a good father, you are my father from far away and thank you my mother(referring to the first lady) even though you don't know you borne me, we want change ehn(then he started chuckling) so we can change our father and we can change our mother"

He finally dropped one dumb joke I won't bore you further with and promised to return. But aint nobody wanna hear that shii no more, I guess so because he didn't return!!!

Damn that dude was so dry. Why didn't they invite basket mouth or ali baba.

Cc: lalasticlala
Is that what happened nwanne?
Well, there was no light in Enugu since last week till now, so I didn't watch the Inaugural dinner, Inaugural Ceremony and the Gala night cry . How many Gala did Buhari chop abeg
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Superstar007(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
I thought I was the only person that noticed it. Dude was definitely out of ideas, he shouldn't have been invited for a show of that magnitude. One of his biggest undoing was using pidgin English, Basket mouth or Seyi law would have killed the show.
I doubt he will ever be invited to such an event again.

Even the performance after his dismal display wasn't any better. The M. C had to come chase those guys away by continously saying "Thank you". Na so I just change channel.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by uppa(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:
Eyaa, I didn't watch the stuff but from u guys comments, I really pity him.. He must have been so embarrassed... Make una tell am to come collect free hug from me
if he doesnt show up.....errm...can I *coughs* replace him?
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by pek(m): 8:29am On May 30, 2015
I have been meaning to ask, can't our comedians perform in English?

3 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by soldierdollar(m): 8:30am On May 30, 2015
Sommyangel:

Mtcheeeeww. Free hug ke
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by rezzy: 8:30am On May 30, 2015
Nothing do e joke abeg.
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by nicerichard05: 8:30am On May 30, 2015
The fact is that, I use to see the likes of Akpororo, Mc Accapella ndd Mc funny bone as fantastic comedians until ddey visited my church on 2 diff occasion.

They did d same joke dey did d first time dey came nd repeated it again. Honestly does guys aren't funny at all cos dey cannot confidently crack d rips of same audience in 2diff occasion cos jokes don finish for market.

Anyways it paid off for him, more money buh him fame is gradually going down. I dnt see my church inviting him for d third time.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by mkoabiola: 8:31am On May 30, 2015
But dd akpororo knw he disappointed d audience so as to buckle up nx tym,
If he doesn't den,he wil stil perform anoda dry joke
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by melvoy2k: 8:32am On May 30, 2015
"I go die" could have done far better. I was personally embarrassed by Akporeoro dry jokes. It is a pity!!!
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by honvalid(m): 8:33am On May 30, 2015
kissIm not surprise at all.i think akpororo is over rated for such event.He is my close friend so iknow the programmes dat he can perform well.He is more like 95percent good for church programmes and 50percent okay for circular show.Believe u me he is over rated.They should have give it to Bovi or gandoki.He is not really a total comedian.He only sing,dance and add some jokes when its necessary.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Nobody: 8:34am On May 30, 2015
he was nervous...

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Krasid(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2015
Chinom:
I have never found him funny. All he does is SHOUT. They person wey book am don collect 10%. That's why he was chosen in the first place. It should have been Ali Baba, Julius Agwu or Basket mouth.

Akpororo is too juvenile for such occasion.
Me too.Comedy should be natural and not done with force.He forces his jokes a lot by shouting.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by LaRoyalHighness(f): 8:35am On May 30, 2015
I felt so sorry for him... Hope he performs better next time... Guess he was nervous.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Samirana360(m): 8:35am On May 30, 2015
Yea his jokes were so dry buh just lik he said; his account no dry at all, d dude's account don change....go and work on urself @op
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Hustlerlomo(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2015
U no well, u tink say to crack jokes na moi-moi? u sabi am na we no dey see u. Abi u tink say na small wrk for PMB to even shine e teeth... Guy stay 1side joor, u no get yan!
Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by sojdan4real(m): 8:36am On May 30, 2015
tongue Some comment and signature on NL are even funnier than his jokes... tonguetonguetongue

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by honvalid(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2015
honvalid:
kissIm not surprise at all.i think akpororo is over rated for such event.He is my close friend so iknow the programmes dat he can perform well.He is more like 95percent good for church programmes and 50percent okay for circular show.Believe u me he is over rated.They should have give it to Bovi or gandoki.He is not really a total comedian.He only sing,dance and add some jokes when its necessary.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Bestofralph(m): 8:37am On May 30, 2015
I believe he didn't charge much for that performance. Remember Buhari will not spend all that millions of naira to hire Basket mout or Bovi or Ali Baba just for a 5mins performance. But no matter how much i pay that Akpororo of a guy, he must refund me!!! If they knew he was presenting that kind of jokes, they would have just bought a Basket Mouth's comedy CD and play part of it.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by cyril700(m): 8:39am On May 30, 2015
That event was a way too big for him. This administration will not favour d entertainment industry at all. Imagine the line up of artist that performed so traditional, cultural and tribal based. I see sense in it tho coz our entertainment industry is full of nudity

2 Likes

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by skyisthelimit(m): 8:40am On May 30, 2015
In life u take your opportunities once they come..he was below par and he knows it..he needs to mature fast because comedy has gone beyond what he did last night..look at your guest,prepare for your audience..research&update...he fluctuates in his performances but Bovi matured faster...even if he got paid it's more about establishing his brand so he can negotiate well..if he continues like last year his bargaining power might be low..i want him to succeed cos he has tried for himself knowing the kinda backgrounds these guys started from but he should be nailing d kind of chances he got last night..big time.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by LeStylo: 8:40am On May 30, 2015
vizkiz:
I wasn't expecting him(apororo) to be the comedian at that kindda occasion though(no hating)
Ali baba, or basket mouth...even seyi law would have done better! Even their maturity speaks smiley

You spoke my thoughts. Something really wrong with choice of entertainers. Very poor choices were made from musicians to comedians.
You were very right, the likes of Basket mouth, Ali Baba or even AY would be better off!

Musicians too! KWAM1
Musicians with wonderful stage melodrama, brilliant acoustics or sonorous voice are best options for such gathering where language is not understood by all. P-Square, Asa, Sunny Ade, Seun or Femi Kuti, Lagbaja would have made a most impressive impact on the guest.

Tuface was the only "fair" choice.

1 Like

Re: Comedian Akpororo Disgraced Himself At Buhari's Gala Night. by Sommyangel(f): 8:40am On May 30, 2015
lordhugo:

I can collect the hug on his behalf. will give it to him when I see him next week.
lol . Not allowed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sexiest Nollywood Actors In 2017 (Photos) / Tiwa Savage Shares Throwback Photo: "When My Bumbum Was Bigger Than Bombay" / Henod Luxury Hotels, Lagos Owned By Prince Odi Okojie, Mercy Johnson's Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.