Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Three Arguments For God's Existence - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Arguments For God's Existence (100088 Views)

What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by finofaya: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hahaha ... I thought it were men and women who " arose naturally" that first discovered that - love smiley

No sir, it was Jesus. Jesus is love.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:59pm On Aug 07, 2015
finofaya:

No sir, it was Jesus. Jesus is love.

How can say that ! Can you prove it ? I need proof !
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by finofaya: 9:23pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

How can say that ! Can you prove it ? I need proof !

The Lord loves you. Open your heart or any body part to him and see.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
finofaya:

The Lord loves you. Open your heart or any body part to him and see.

Please tell me , are you sure ? undecided How can open my heart or this "body part" ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by finofaya: 10:07pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Please tell me , are you sure ? undecided How can open my heart or this "body part" ?

Say "Jesus, rock of ages, I desire you, come into me". Say it while you kneel in prayer.

When it works you will feel a warmth inside you, permeating you being. Before then, keep trying. smiley
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2015
finofaya:

Say "Jesus, rock of ages, I desire you, come into me". Say it while you kneel in prayer.

When it works you will feel a warmth inside you, permeating you being. Before then, keep trying. smiley

Wow ! It worked ! .... Do you know I said it twice and I felt something like a surge inside me just now ... thanks ... wow ... I really want to know more about this Jesus you talk about . What Church do you attend ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I hope you know God's power is not limited to creation . How about miracles- lame walking , blind seeing- personal experiences , healings etc
Is that also part of an " extrapolation of human creativity " ?

I dont get ... looks like a typo or something you should elucidate

Do you think God is a metaphysical being?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:
Do you think God is a metaphysical being?

Hmm ... metaphysical relates to supernatural ... then yes He is a supernatural being ... why do you ask ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 11:27pm On Aug 07, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Hmm ... metaphysical relates to supernatural ... then yes He is a supernatural being ... why do you ask ?

What do you use to detect such a metaphysical being?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:44pm On Aug 07, 2015
Kay17:

What do you use to detect such a metaphysical being?

It can't be scientifically explained because the being is supernatural (beyond science & laws of nature ) . So its more like how to detect Him and not what is used to detect Him . Now that's when Religion comes in !

Through religion you can understand the true nature of God . But you have to be of Him in other to "detect" Him .

^^^^ This is rudimentary though
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 12:14am On Aug 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

It can't be scientifically explained because the being is supernatural (beyond science & laws of nature ) . So its more like how to detect Him and not what is used to detect Him . Now that's when Religion comes in !

Through religion you can understand the true nature of God . But you have to be of Him in other to "detect" Him .

^^^^ This is rudimentary though

How do you detect God through religion?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 8:18am On Aug 08, 2015
finofaya:
I have o. On this thread and on an earlier one where OP made a similar argument. I will try to win him over some other time. Have you commented yet?
yes na
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

God is found everywhere and thus we could detect Him thru the Spirit that He gives us. But saying all this and no matter how deep we tell you about the truth of God. You will still not belief. Why? Because your conscience has been hardened and blinded. So pls may i know what kickstarted your agnosticism/atheism or were you born like this?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 1:06pm On Aug 08, 2015
ProphetUdeme:
God is found everywhere and thus we could detect Him thru the Spirit that He gives us. But saying all this and no matter how deep we tell you about the truth of God. You will still not belief. Why? Because your conscience has been hardened and blinded. So pls may i know what kickstarted your agnosticism/atheism or were you born like this?

So for me to find your God, I must either believe or assume a Spirit of God exists. Then accept certain effects as the handiwork of this spirit, and thus find God. Don't you think these are laborious assumptions to make?! Shouldn't I be more suspicious of the assumptions I make to prop up your God?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by orisa37: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2015
Your write up is intelligible. Athiests are confined to straight jacket non belief in God. Wether they believe in the Spirits or in some kind of it, like the abstracts, I really don't know. Don't they dream and know as the Bible say that God gives dreams and instructs, directs and discerns His chosen ones through dreams in addition to the Bible? God is everything and the Father of satan(the book of Job) and Christ(The Gospel), but only Christ becomes God and holds the Sceptre of Righteousness. That's why the devil and its demons and the athiests are jealous of God.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

So for me to find your God, I must either believe or assume a Spirit of God exists. Then accept certain effects as the handiwork of this spirit, and thus find God. Don't you think these are laborious assumptions to make?! Shouldn't I be more suspicious of the assumptions I make to prop up your God?
you still have a long way to go dear i pray you fine help before its too late
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by malvisguy212: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

bible did not teach blind faith , the bible encourage the believers to be certain of their faith , Jesus did not forced Thomas to accept him , even when Jesus know, peter will deny him , he still allow it to happened,Jesus told judas to do what he ought to do , if you can't be sure of the existence of God ,you don't have to believe, first be sure of what you want to believe.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 5:03pm On Aug 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
bible did not teach blind faith , the bible encourage the believers to be certain of their faith , Jesus did not forced Thomas to accept him , even when Jesus know, peter will deny him , he still allow it to happened,Jesus told judas to do what he ought to do , if you can't be sure of the existence of God ,you don't have to believe, first be sure of what you want to believe.

How does this make me aware of your God's existence? Don't you put the horse before the cart by asking me to believe there was a Thomas, a Jesus and a Judas; all these characters I am expected to believe to be truthful, and take that for God?!

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by malvisguy212: 5:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

How does this make me aware of your God's existence? Don't you put the horse before the cart by asking me to believe there was a Thomas, a Jesus and a Judas; all these characters I am expected to believe to be truthful, and take that for God?!
I did not even ask you to believe.what caught my attention in your post is when you say
" I must either believe or assume a Spirit of God exists."which is what I don't agree with.you don't assume if God exist,it is either you believe 100% he does exist or you do not believe he exist.
https://www.nairaland.com/2361253/100-convinced-vs-100-committed
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 5:24pm On Aug 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
I did not even ask you to believe.what caught my attention in your post is when you say
" I must either believe or assume a Spirit of God exists."which is what I don't agree with.you don't assume if God exist,it is either you believe 100% he does exist or you do not believe he exist.
https://www.nairaland.com/2361253/100-convinced-vs-100-committed

You mean faith?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

I fuckin' love you:*

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

I pray and He answers me . People pray for me and He answers . He responds to my requests . Ive been sick and prayed for and God healed me instantly . Lemme quickly tell you one of the numerous testimonies of mine :

When I was a kid , I always had terrible nightmares . Those times I woke up scared and couldn't sleep. I was so scared that sometimes I began to cry . It was a thing of worry to my mum . That went on for a very long time till she then acted ! Mum called a house care member or leader ( cant remember which it was ) in my church ( at that time ) and asked him to pray for me , after explaining everything to him . He prayed for me- commanded those nightmares to stop - and it ceased . From that day( over 15 years ago or so till now ) Ive never had those terrible nightmares again !

So did I "detect" Him ? yes

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

I pray and He answers me . People pray for me and He answers . He responds to my requests . Ive been sick and prayed for and God healed me instantly . Lemme quickly tell you one of the numerous testimonies of mine :

When I was a kid , I always had terrible nightmares . Most times I wake up scared and can't sleep. I was so scared that sometimes I began to cry . It was a thing of worry to my mum . That went on for a very long time till she then acted ! Mum called a house care member or leader ( cant remember which it was ) in my church ( at that time ) and asked him to pray for me , after explaining everything to him . He prayed for me- commanded those nightmares to stop - and it ceased . From that day( over 15 years ago or so till now ) Ive never had those terrible nightmares again !

You, sir, are uneducated.

1 Like

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

When I was a kid , I always had terrible nightmares . Most times I wake up scared and can't sleep. I was so scared that sometimes I began to cry . It was a thing of worry to my mum . That went on for a very long time till she then acted ! Mum called a house care member or leader ( cant remember which it was ) in my church ( at that time ) and asked him to pray for me , after explaining everything to him . He prayed for me- commanded those nightmares to stop - and it ceased . From that day( over 15 years ago or so till now ) Ive never had those terrible nightmares again !

So you feel you owe a debt to this Being who ensures your good health, and therefore try to "pay" back by acknowledging his existence and worshiping him, right?

Wouldn't you agree with me that a direct experience with God is impossible? By "direct", I mean a clear and unequivocal perception of God which everyone have.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2015
timonski:

You, sir, are uneducated.

A grammatical error and I'm uneducated . An impetuous attempt to ridicule me ?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:53pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

So you feel you owe a debt to this Being who ensures your good health, and therefore try to "pay" back by acknowledging his existence and worshiping him, right?

Wouldn't you agree with me that a direct experience with God is impossible? By "direct", I mean a clear and unequivocal perception of God which everyone have.

No no ... anybody can have a direct experience with God
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 6:05pm On Aug 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

No no ... anybody can have a direct experience with God

But you never had one.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

But you never had one.

Like I earlier said : " I pray and He answers me . People pray for me and He answers . He responds to my requests . Ive been sick and prayed for and God healed me instantly ."
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

Lol @ "laborious assumptions " - just like a student finding it so hard to accept the fact that he has to work hard in other to excel his academics

You over think a lot . Your heart is not ready to accept God and its clearly evident . If your heart is open and willing to accept Him , he comes to you smiley .

There are very much more knowledgeable people that believe and worship God . You can do so too

Matthew 7:7-8

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

8 for every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by malvisguy212: 8:23pm On Aug 08, 2015
Kay17:

You mean faith?
it is either you have faith in God or you do not, and when you do(have faith in God ) , you make sure you are 100% sure of what you believe. Bible never encourage the believers to have blind faith.

2 Likes

Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 10:42pm On Aug 08, 2015
malvisguy212:
it is either you have faith in God or you do not, and when you do(have faith in God ) , you make sure you are 100% sure of what you believe. Bible never encourage the believers to have blind faith.
What is the difference between faith and blind faith?
Re: Three Arguments For God's Existence by Kay17: 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2015
KingEbukasBlog:

Like I earlier said : " I pray and He answers me . People pray for me and He answers . He responds to my requests . Ive been sick and prayed for and God healed me instantly ."

How are you sure its not the Devil answering? And if I pray for a mountain to literally move but it doesn't, wouldnt that prove the contrary?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (48) (Reply)

Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / Ada Jesus Suffers Stroke, Brought To Odumeje & Rita Edochie, They Rejected Her / Prayers That Break Curses And Destroys Ancestral Spirits.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.