Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra (13869 Views)

Vote Me As President And Get Biafra - Fayose / Tell Your People To Forget About Biafra: Buhari Tells Igbo Corpers / What FFK Said About Biafra On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by BiafranPrince: 5:53pm On Jun 07, 2015
idprincess:
Why don't you start rebuilding from scratch now. Why wait ? Where's the action, less talk?

Don't let me lay bare the level of hypocrisy and sabotage in this ur zoo entity, check my DP, we deal with facts and intelligence reports here, we don't carry weightless info about.

Steer clear!

If not I start with the time of awolowo and down to GEJ to dissipate facts why zoo doesn't love us for u.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 07, 2015
These kind of thread I have no reason commenting on it, as much as I want one Nigeria, if Nigeria was to break, we and Edo people can never be in the same republic, same with urhobo, Itsekiri and d rest...
As fir d Biafran map it wud be modified to fit in anybody who wants to join and anybody who wants to leave is free via referendum.
For those that are saying igbo's will dominate them, states wud be created and just as they have north and south there wud be up land and down land, and there wud be rotation of power between the upland and d downland so dat nobody is marginalized, not only that there wud be federal character which puts into play all d tribes in Biafra, and a confederation... each state wud be allowed to develop at its own pace and pay tax to the Centre, the capital of Biafra wud be at the Centre and it wud come from parts of all d tribes in Biafra.
If d Ijaws want to form Niger delta republic we wud welcome them if the Akwa ibom/calabar people want to join either Biafra or Niger delta no problem everything wud be via referendum. Same with the igboid groups in delta and Rivers state.
We wud want a nation with peace, equity, progress and unity.
I still stand for One Nigeria by the way.

3 Likes

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by samtol4(m): 6:09pm On Jun 07, 2015
DankemzI:
My stake on this matter is, what will Akwa Ibom benefit by Aligning with the Biafran's? Remember Akwa Ibom Decides whether Cross River is to join or not
If Akwa Ibom chooses to join Biafra will Cross River answer another country's name in another country ?
I've been told when Biafran soldiers took over Uyo there hurriedly change Ikot Ekpene road to an Igbotic name Does that mean if we join forces with them we've automatically erased our 1. History 2. Personality and 3. Culture ?
When Biafran's soldiers entered Ibiono Ibom, they raped wife's, sisters, mothers, even killed peoples goat and merry. Supposed people you want to create a country with

Thank God!
Ibiono people being wise and crafty led Federal troops across the River were Arochukwu was captured.

So now what does Akwa Ibom stand to gain from forming formidable Alliance with South East aka People's Republic of Biafra?
NIce and intelligent write up ...Akwa ibom will never never never join Biafra .With the federal allocation states in Southeast collected what development have they implemented?A lot of noises on forming a government of Biafra but no economic plans in most of these states If you have been to Abia state you will be wondering what is happening to monthly allocations!Akwa Ibom is moving forward not backward !

1 Like

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 07, 2015
If either Niger delta republic or Biafra stands or in a developed Nigeria, lekki wud be child's play to what Bonny Islands and Opobo Islands wud become in Rivers state.
Aba dat is already popular for production of goods though people see der products as substandard, thats the time the real quality wud be put into it, and helping Aba develop strong product brands, dat Island between Onitsha and ASABA a very powerful dam wud be mounted der for electricity.
D red mud in ASABA a ceramic company wud be made der dat wud produce tiles, China plates, and cups etc...
Ebonyi states wud focus on 100percent agriculture to its maximum, and it's bitumen deposits wud also be tapped to its maximum.
Enugu coal and limestone wud be tapped and exploited to its maximum.
All coastal states wud have a port, but to reduce traffic the states ports wud be specialized, like Rivers state port can be used for oil import and export, Akwa ibom wud be for natural gas, while since cross rivers state doesn't have oil it wud be used for the import and export of all non oil commodities.
Anambra wud focus on its mechanic funds wud be allocated to them and proposals wud be written to companies in Germany, Japan the US etc to come and sight der companies der. Bayelsa it's oil pollution wud be cleaned up and respective communities compensated, then after the communities are compensated, d largest refinery in Africa wud be located in Bayelsa. To make sure nobody is cheated and left out or fragmented d Ijaws in Delta,ondo and edo state wud hold a referendum to know if they wud join the new country. So dat it won't look like Igbos are d large majority lording over all.
Anybody who says who doesnt want to join won't be forced can be allowed to secede by referendum.
I still stand for One Nigeria to the last part of me.

3 Likes

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 07, 2015
Today, now, as a people what are we DOING and where are we GOING? How are we keeping our governors in check? What do we do when they marginalise other Igbos based on their state? What private institutions have we invested in or birthed in the homeland? Once we leave how many of ever come back to settle in or give back to the homeland? Where do you live?
BiafranPrince:

Don't let me lay bare the level of hypocrisy and sabotage in this ur zoo entity, check my DP, we deal with facts and intelligence reports here, we don't carry weightless info about.

Steer clear!

If not I start with the time of awolowo and down to GEJ to dissipate facts why zoo doesn't love us for u.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
DankemzI:
My stake on this matter is, what will Akwa Ibom benefit by Aligning with the Biafran's? Remember Akwa Ibom Decides whether Cross River is to join or not
If Akwa Ibom chooses to join Biafra will Cross River answer another country's name in another country ?
I've been told when Biafran soldiers took over Uyo there hurriedly change Ikot Ekpene road to an Igbotic name Does that mean if we join forces with them we've automatically erased our 1. History 2. Personality and 3. Culture ?
When Biafran's soldiers entered Ibiono Ibom, they raped wife's, sisters, mothers, even killed peoples goat and merry. Supposed people you want to create a country with

Thank God!
Ibiono people being wise and crafty led Federal troops across the River were Arochukwu was captured.

So now what does Akwa Ibom stand to gain from forming formidable Alliance with South East aka People's Republic of Biafra?
I don't understand all dz talks o, I thought Philip effiong was an Akwa ibom man, and he was second in command, did he stand and watch his people get molested in an army and a regime he was part of?... no offense intended but I wud like to know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 07, 2015
I wish to know what transpired in d Biafran war from families in d Southsouth dat were affected. I want to know the full details from someone who was born and was matured enough then when the war happened not someone who was maybe a kid and they were pulling him up and down and he wud say he saw d war.
I want one Nigeria but the way the yorubas keep lieing up and down, saying how we igbo's want to dominate other people's land, how we want to steal anybody's oil is annoying.
I believe in One Nigeria but if u people(u know urselves) keep taunting us up and down, I ve no choice dan to speak.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by pazienza(m): 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
DankemzI:

Thank God!

All these false propaganda against Ndiigbo and Biafra sef, it's getting boring debunking them.

There was never a time Biafra renamed or planned to rename Ikot Ekpene, I mean why should we do that, to what end? Sometimes you lots need to use your brains more.

Biafra was divided into provinces, Ikot Ekpene was under Annang province, the administrator of Annang province was an Annang man named Chief Ekukinam Bassey, you believe this Annang Chief would support any attempts to rename Ikot Ekpene?

Btw, I have heard the propaganda that Biafra tried to rename Calabar before, this Ikot Ekpene angle is likely an extension of that rumour mill.
Again there was never a time Biafran soldiers raped people in the East, all these market women rumours is irritating me already.

This is why I remain a staunch believer in Republic of Alaigbo, the negative sentiments from all these non Igbo Eastern groups towards the Igbo is just unbearable at times. Imagine this mofo taking pride in contributing to the fall of Biafra, as if his Ibiono people are better of than Ndiigbo in one Nigeria.

Imagine the kind of empty made up accusations these people were levelling up against Ndiigbo before the willink commission, and yet not even one of them were found to be true by the commission.
Why this Igbophobia everywhere? Onitsha traders contributed money and built street lights on onitsha streets themselves, instead of these mofos to contribute money and build one in Calabar, they refused and instead resorted to blaming the Eastern region govt of being too tribal and Igbocentric for not building street lights in Calabar, can you imagine?
http://scannewsnigeria.com/news/willink-report-1958-the-following-are-excerpts-from-a-the-report-of-the-commission-appointed-to-enquire-into-the-fears-of-minorities-and-the-means-of-allaying-them-otherwise-known-a/

4 Likes

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2015
samtol4:
NIce and intelligent write up ...Akwa ibom will never never never join Biafra .With the federal allocation states in Southeast collected what development have they implemented?A lot of noises on forming a government of Biafra but no economic plans in most of these states If you have been to Abia state you will be wondering what is happening to monthly allocations!Akwa Ibom is moving forward not backward !
comparing what Abia state receives to what Akwa ibom state receives as allocations is like comparing UK to Ghana.

1 Like

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by xmich(m): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2015
Mynd44:

I Nigeria is a signatory to ECOWAS but if they decide against policies what will ECOWAS do? What has the UN done against USA?

2. That is why investing in ports in important. If Nigeria breaks up the SE might find themselves landlocked if the SS decides to form their own state. What happens then? But if a SE officially has a stakes in the ports in the Niger Delta, you are at an advantage

3. Look at it this way, you all nationalise investments, who loses more? This is a call for the SE business community to invest more in the SE. A call to the leaders to develop the zone as together and build alliances with people outside.

Once again don't forget that switzerland is landlock and if se are to have Biafra today we are joining them.

1 Like

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by SUBWAY101(m): 7:21pm On Jun 07, 2015
[s]
Billyonaire:
The Desire for Self-Governance by the Biafrans is not 100% for Economic Survival. The Ethnic Nationalities making up the Biafra are very civilized and organized. The Bias of the write-up seems to connote that the SW is more advanced Economically than the SE. This is pure ignorance. I have constantly stated that those who are against the Biafran ideals are afraid of losing access to the Oil Wealth. The Biafran Dynasty is NOT limited to SE. The SS is a strong ally of the dream of the sovereign state of Biafra.

The world is not ending anytime soon, when the mistake called Lagos is too populated to be condusive for living of humans, the Biafrans will build a well-planned country with 21st century infrastructures. Take the case of Akwa Ibom state. 10years ago, it was a sleepy state of about 6 million people with skewed history. But today, an aerial survey of the state shows a state planned better than Lagos and Port Harcourt. The infrastructures are better than Lagos and if the next administration can push forward, then in the next 8yrs, all the lies told my the SW will only be possible in their ignorance.

I advise Yorubas to travel. Most Yorubas dont travel and all they know about Biafra is about war, famine and poverty, but that is your ignorance. The Biafran Dynasty is much more advanced than the SW. After all how many towns do you have in the SW apart from Lagos developed by Federal Government and other non-Yorubas and foreign businesses.

Lets be nice.
[/s]

Trash from a virtual billionaire.

2 Likes

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by SUBWAY101(m): 7:23pm On Jun 07, 2015
superstar1:

Lmaoooo. Deluded mengistu.

We built and are still building our own land, without soliciting the help of descendants of cain to join us in the project of building.

How will you have mud houses, when your fore fathers never develped an enduring building technology, apart from staying under raffia leaves? Where do you even want to develop when gully erosion has taken 2/3rd of your land and it is a simple common sense that you do not have a choice than to use the remaining 1/3rd to build by fire by force.

We develop our land horizontally and not vertically, with a mixture of our history as old houses and an our evolution as new houses. Show us what depict your history in your villages. NONE. No wonder, they do not appreciate history and tradition because they lack one.

How do you expect people that cannot develop their own land, to develop the land of others? that still remaining a million dollar question to sane minds.

Who is interested in your property? We are the same set of people that did not confiscate your property and you met your things intact when you returned back to SW after the war, without looting them and you can call that covetousness. I am not surprised, because words always have different meaning in the gully eroded land of the ingrates. That is how they call stupidity of rushing to an unprepared war as bravery, cowardice of a sissy bandit lord as bravery. Ingrates are the greedy and covetous lots,

I do not know how Lugard lumped us with this greedy, descendants of cain, akpu-brained chest beaters, that think with their chests rather than their vestigial brains. What do we have in common with this people? NOTHING.

Chisos. You just killed buddahmonk with this post. Ebuka phils, may your soul rest in hell.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by cjrane: 7:54pm On Jun 07, 2015
@op,
I guess you imagine somehow Biafra is for Nigeria to grant by some benevolent stroke of pen?

I can tell you the issue is that 80% of Igbos have not been convinced that Biafra is the only way.They are angry and feel frustrated with the dog eat dog mess we have in this unfortunate country called Nigeria , instead of developing the county evenly, a section believe they can turn other constituent nations into slaves or hostages of some sort in Nigeria....... BUT THEY ARE STILL NOT CONVINCED BIAFRA IS THE ANSWER.

If you can somehow get an overwhelming proportion of Igbos convinced on Biafra, then you can't stop it.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by BiafranPrince: 8:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
idprincess:
Today, now, as a people what are we DOING and where are we GOING? How are we keeping our governors in check? What do we do when they marginalise other Igbos based on their state? What private institutions have we invested in or birthed in the homeland? Once we leave how many of ever come back to settle in or give back to the homeland? Where do you live?

First of all, I live in Biafraland, I have been to 3 continents because of what we do in the course of actualization of Biafra and I still prefer to live in Biafraland.
Today, now, as a people what are we DOING and where are we GOING?
Answer to this depends on the aspect where your question is touching

How are we keeping our governors in check?
To be blank and honest here, the constitution the zoo has, gives the people almost no power to put the governors we have in check, and as docile as the people have become, where we are thinking of what to make of today and how to make ends meet, people don't know the power to put everyone in check is in their hands. Nigeria fashioned itself out in a way to hold the ones in power accountable is like the hardest thing to do, and it is having effects on the mind of the people, and it extension, Biafrans.
I know well enough how many times T.A Orji was stoned in Aba and Umuahia, he was pelted and satchets of pure water thrown at him, and at the approval of Abuja, he surrounded himself with Army tanks and battle-ready soldiers whenever he wants to move out, the people never failed to show their disapproval at his presence and because of the 'absolute powers' bestowed on him by the constitution, you can't do much concerning that, only thing is to hope unto the next election.
Concerning the marginalization, let me tell you, people blow these things out of proportion, I have been to all parts of Biafra land, and I can tell you that we as a people, are more united than people will pull propaganda to make you believe we are not, granted there are few cases of marginalization, but what do you make of an Ilaje man and an Ijebu man having cold wars, why the hypocrisy? Those marginalization stories are seriously blown out of proportion. We are very united, believe this!

About private institutions, I will go against my code of conduct and tell you one example. But before that, Biafrans are investing in the Biafraland, sometimes there are policies that are making things very hard to be achieved like that of siting private institutions.
One example, it is our records, a young man who was dealing with automobiles in U.S and had friends from China and Canada who wanted to build and automobile production company in Anambra, he got a presidential order from Obasanjo who told him either he sites it in Ogun state or he should forget the idea. He tried all he could and got fed up and left, now he owns his own auto spare part production line in China, and he is part of our struggle, he dreams on investing in Biafraland. It is in our record, and the records of ministry of commerce and industry.
That is the level of back-stabbing and sabotage, that makes it hard for us to invest and run private institutions in the evil entity.

Also about coming back to our land to settle and giving back, Biafrans are doing the little they can, Nigeria is holding us back.
And for clarity, the people at the forefront of realization and restoration of the sovereign states of Biafra are people in Diaspora, these are IPOB in over 88 countries, they fund everything, from defense fund, the funding of the labs and production centers and also to the Tens of thousands of Dollars used monthly in running Radio Biafra and all it's relay stations in Biafraland and the head station in London. These guys are at the fore front to restore Biafra, and 90% of them will come home to invest and rebuild Biafraland if Biafra is restored today, trust me on that.

Let Biafra come first.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by samtol4(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2015
lygn19:
comparing what Abia state receives to what Akwa ibom state receives as allocations is like comparing UK to Ghana.
The l allocation Abia state received from 1999 _2015 what did the two governors(The Orjis) do with the money?oh you mean the money is small ,the small they collected what did they do with it?We need to be sincere with our analysis .
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2015
OK I have heard you and will keep an open mind.
BiafranPrince:

First of all, I live in Biafraland, I have been to 3 continents because of what we do in the course of actualization of Biafra and I still prefer to live in Biafraland.
Today, now, as a people what are we DOING and where are we GOING?
Answer to this depends on the aspect where your question is touching

How are we keeping our governors in check?
To be blank and honest here, the constitution the zoo has, gives the people almost no power to put the governors we have in check, and as docile as the people have become, where we are thinking of what to make of today and how to make ends meet, people don't know the power to put everyone in check is in their hands. Nigeria fashioned itself out in a way to hold the ones in power accountable is like the hardest thing to do, and it is having effects on the mind of the people, and it extension, Biafrans.
I know well enough how many times T.A Orji was stoned in Aba and Umuahia, he was pelted and satchets of pure water thrown at him, and at the approval of Abuja, he surrounded himself with Army tanks and battle-ready soldiers whenever he wants to move out, the people never failed to show their disapproval at his presence and because of the 'absolute powers' bestowed on him by the constitution, you can't do much concerning that, only thing is to hope unto the next election.
Concerning the marginalization, let me tell you, people blow these things out of proportion, I have been to all parts of Biafra land, and I can tell you that we as a people, are more united than people will pull propaganda to make you believe we are not, granted there are few cases of marginalization, but what do you make of an Ilaje man and an Ijebu man having cold wars, why the hypocrisy? Those marginalization stories are seriously blown out of proportion. We are very united, believe this!

About private institutions, I will go against my code of conduct and tell you one example. But before that, Biafrans are investing in the Biafraland, sometimes there are policies that are making things very hard to be achieved like that of siting private institutions.
One example, it is our records, a young man who was dealing with automobiles in U.S and had friends from China and Canada who wanted to build and automobile production company in Anambra, he got a presidential order from Obasanjo who told him either he sites it in Ogun state or he should forget the idea. He tried all he could and got fed up and left, now he owns his own auto spare part production line in China, and he is part of our struggle, he dreams on investing in Biafraland. It is in our record, and the records of ministry of commerce and industry.
That is the level of back-stabbing and sabotage, that makes it hard for us to invest and run private institutions in the evil entity.

Also about coming back to our land to settle and giving back, Biafrans are doing the little they can, Nigeria is holding us back.
And for clarity, the people at the forefront of realization and restoration of the sovereign states of Biafra are people in Diaspora, these are IPOB in over 88 countries, they fund everything, from defense fund, the funding of the labs and production centers and also to the Tens of thousands of Dollars used monthly in running Radio Biafra and all it's relay stations in Biafraland and the head station in London. These guys are at the fore front to restore Biafra, and 90% of them will come home to invest and rebuild Biafraland if Biafra is restored today, trust me on that.

Let Biafra come first.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 08, 2015
samtol4:
The l allocation Abia state received from 1999 _2015 what did the two governors(The Orjis) do with the money?oh you mean the money is small ,the small they collected what did they do with it?We need to be sincere with our analysis .
if u want to compare Akwa ibom and Abia's development, compare it that time Akwa ibom was not receiving d huge revenue it is receiving right now, b4 there court case with Cross Rivers state, u wud know dat its even Akwa ibom u need to ask what they have been doing with there money since the state was created.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 9:45am On Jun 08, 2015
@@@

idprincess(f): 9:51pm On Jun 07
OK I have heard you and will keep an open mind.

u can as well keep close mind

now u could see the zoo is holding us back!

more evidence will keep your mind closed very soon
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by funlord(m): 10:04am On Jun 08, 2015
grin See "biafaran Comedians!" Living like alice in a virtual wonderland and having pipe dreams about cessation! Make una go think of how to upgrade una bank account status frome sickly to healthy abeg, na that time all this una craze go end! U all need 2 escape poverty dats all!
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by ikeyman00(m): 10:11am On Jun 08, 2015
^^^ it is not about pipe dream

it is about u as people leaving us alone

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

we dnt need uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

chie see head ache

and mind u IPOB under radio baifra london got some posh people like doctors; professors, engineers etc

u think we come from ajegule or oshodi
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 1:22pm On Aug 13, 2015
Who owns the article? This must be the most biased reportage that ive ever come across. The most annoying thing about it is that writer and at exuding an unbiased disposition.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Udmaster:
Nice write up BUT quite a biased analysis.. Why do South East have the least number of states? why is a state like Ebonyi so low in Allocation sharing? Why is there lack of Federal Presence in South East? Why didn't the FG Rebuild the South East after the war?
South East Governors(like Mbakwe,nnamani, ogbonnaya onu etc) REBUILT the region after the war by THEMSELVES.. Yet the South East States are standing and still progressing with the Highest Number of Middle Class Families in Nigeria.

South east has only five states because it is small. Only kogi state (The 13th state by size) is more than the size of all south east states put together. Niger state alone is more than twice the size of all south east state. All the south east states are among the eight smallest states in Nigeria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_area

Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
atbu1983:

South east has only five states because it is small. Only nasarawa state is almost equal to size of all south east states. Niger state alone is almost twice the size of all south east state.

Rank State Area km²
1 Niger State 76,363
2 Borno State 70,898
3 Taraba State 54,473
4 Kaduna State 46,053
5 Bauchi State 45,837
6 Yobe State 45,502
7 Zamfara State 39,762
8 Adamawa State 36,917
9 Kwara State 36,825
10 Kebbi State 36,800
11 Benue State 34,059
12 Plateau State 30,913
13 Kogi State 29,833
14 Oyo State 28,454
15 Nasarawa State 27,117
16 Sokoto State 25,973
17 Katsina State 24,192
18 Jigawa State 23,154
19 Cross River State 20,156
20 Kano State 20,131
21 Gombe State 18,768
22 Edo State 17,802
23 Delta State 17,698
24 Ogun State 16,762
25 Ondo State 15,500
26 Rivers State 11,077
27 Bayelsa State 10,773
28 Osun State 9,251
- FCT-Abuja 7,315
29 Enugu State 7,161
30 Akwa Ibom State 7,081
31 Ekiti State 6,353
32 Abia State 6,320
33 Ebonyi State 5,670
34 Imo State 5,100
35 Anambra State 4,844
36 Lagos State 3,345
Another question:
Why is land mass being used as opposed to population for example. I know that you're smart.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Sweetlemon(f): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
DankemzI:

Thank God!

Eyen eka mi sososng o.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:

Another question:
Why is land mass being used as opposed to population for example. I know that you're smart.

If it is by population, lagos should be divided into three states!!!!
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
atbu1983:

If it is by population, lagos should be divided into three states!!!!
So, what is wrong with Lagos having 10 states created from it? Government is for the people. The people make up the land. What happens in Nigeria is a abberation.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:

So, what is wrong with Lagos having 10 states created from it? Government is for the people. The people make up the land. What happens in Nigeria is a abberation.

United state of America is ten times (10 times) the size of nigeria and about two times (2times) our population. united state have Just 50 states. Using United states as a standard, 36 states are already too much for Nigeria.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 2:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
atbu1983:

United state of America is ten times (10 times) the size of nigeria and about two times (2times) our population. united state have Just 50 states. Using United states as a standard, 36 states are already too much for Nigeria.
But the US government does not share money to its federating units. The core of this discussion is the revenue sharing formula of Nigeria. In the US, every state caters for themselves and that is why Texas is the richest state as opposed to New York or Cali.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:

But the US government does not share money to its federating units. The core of this discussion is the revenue sharing formula of Nigeria. In the US, every state caters for themselves and that is why Texas is the richest state as opposed to New York or Cali.

In Nigeria the sharing formula is by Population and landmass of the states. And also oil production from the states. If another state is carved out from the existing South east states as defined today, the total revenue coming to south east will be approximately the same . It is a mere redistribution of resources of a zone with itself. Except you cut part of south south states to form the state, it will amount to nothing extra it terms of federal allocation to the zone.

More states only cause more divisions and dis unity. Outside that it only increase number of governors and other politians. Apart from bringing govt closer to the people in the new capital city, nothing much to gain from more states.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
atbu1983:

In Nigeria the sharing formula is by Population and landmass of the states. And also oil production from the states. If another state is carved out from the existing South easst states as defined today, the total revenue coming to south east will be approximately the same .

More states only cause more divisions and dis unity. Outside that it only increase number of governors and other politians
So, can you explain why Sokoto that has been divided into about 3 states does not have the same allocation it had in the 70s. Coupled with the increase of its population. Is it that people were imported from Niger republic to fill up the new states?
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 2:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mynd44:
I don’t really like to look at past mistakes except I want to see what I could have done better and put it into my going forward. Not even mop about what I could have done about it in the past. It happened, it happened. The whole issues about pogrom or genocide is just a long story for the history books and holding on to the past is not going to make you go forward so what do you do? Look to the nearest and far future.

The problems you have is not different from the problems that plague other parts of the country which is basically economics. I will always say until the inhabitants of the South East start looking towards developing the economics of the South East as a whole and not of certain people living in the South East, nothing will happen going forward.

Take this Second Niger Bridge for example. You have Delta on one side and Anambra on another side and you say for 30 years people have clamoured for another bridge but what is the cost of the darned bridge? It is a little over 100 billion. Are you saying the governments of Delta and Anambra could not have built the bridge by coming up with some of the capital, have private investors come up with the rest and toll the bridge? Imagine the impact of that?

It took the new governor of Anambra, Gov Obaino to sanitise the Anambra side of the bridge after the whole place was almost decaying.

When I heard of the port in Akwa Ibom, I almost jumped out of my skin hoping that the Abia state government will see that as a chance to improve the trade at Aba. You ask why?

The Ibaka (I believe that’s the name) port is a good chance for Abia state to get at the sea. They ought to have bought a stake or invested money towards the project perhaps get exclusive terminal(s) (the same way Lagos bought huge farmlands in Ogun state for their rice project). Then finance or look for investors to finance a direct rail line from the port to an inland port close to Aba and develop an industrial complex right there. Do you know how much economic activities that is? That on its own has simply opened up Abia state to the sea and gives them a chance to export without stress and also give them a chance to bring in raw materials and export raw goods. Footwears and the likes made from Aba gets easy access to the world.

The South Eastern states can come together to link everywhere via rail. The South East is not that large: an inland rail port in Abia can easily link the rest. If you wait for the FG to dredge the Niger, sorry ooooo because believe it or not, Anambra is not the only state that will demand for a share of that and in the spirit of equity, the federal government had to consider the rest too.

Igbos are one of the most travelled people in the world, I find it amazing that the governors and leaders there can’t use the influence of these people to draw in investors.

Do what Ogun state is doing to Lagos by sending delegations to companies (with your people at the helm) and giving them free land and tax incentives which is gradually making Ogun one of the states with the highest number of industries right now and still growing.

It is not every time you wait for the Federal Government. Look at how Lagos took Ikorodu road from the FG and worked on it. Or how Oyo, Ogun and Lagos asked the FG to hands off the Lagos-Ibadan expressway if they won’t fix it.

I want to see a tax structure in Anambra that generates money for the state to do more. The traders are there, tax them but before you can tax them, make the markets better. Aba is there, tax the traders and give them a chance to access the international markets

You don’t have to fight for international airports. Fight for roads instead.

Regional integration first: that is the nearest future before you talk of Biafra. If Biafra works, you already have the structures. If it does not come, you still have it

I don’t get why Abia state will fire non-indigenes from other South Eastern states from the civil service. That is dumb and only divide you.

You complain of representation in the National assembly and how you are numerically disadvantaged but even if you have an additional state, it only gives you a slight number. SE legislators need to build bridges with those from other zones and play the politics of the Senate and House of Representatives. They need to learn to “toast” other legislators (possibly actively support the bills favouring them) so they can support your bills in return.

This politics of “We are Igbos” has to stop especially at the federal level. Learn to play politics where you make friends (even if you have to pretend). Do you think Lagos got the federal government to move a lot of companies there because they have more senators? Hell no. They made friends with those they can make friends with, sacrificed what they can and got what they can get. Remember a tight hand not only keeps what it has but also not receive anything.

Igbos love to talk about how many houses they have outside the south east or how many business interests they have outside the south east but at what gain? You set up a factory in Oyo and pay tax to the Oyo state government, employ more citizens(indigenes and non indigenes) of Oyo and add to the GDP of Oyo so you can brag? Why not set it up in Ebonyi?

I don’t understand how Ifeanyi Ubah can come out to say Igbos are taking over Lagos and brag about how “they” won House of Representative seats there. Who will they represent, the south east or Lagosians(Lagosians here being both indigenes and non indigenes)? They are there to develop Lagos. Why will Ifeanyi Ubah say “Igbos will install the governor of Lagos”? You are simply playing politics where everyone else will be hostile towards you. Look even if you have Biafra as your goal, pretend to belong and be a part so you can get what will develop you

There has been this issue of other regions cutting food supplies to Biafra if it is ever created and then you hear Igbos say they will also cut oil supplies but before thinking of alienating yourselves in the event of a Biafra, why not just open your doors with the North in terms of trade as it concerns food? Why must it be malice (not necessarily violence)?

No one has the monopoly of farming but is the south east investing in farming right now? Learn from what happened the last time when food was cut off and stop thinking about how you will cut off oil supplies. What if the states in the South-South decide not to join and decide to form their own country (It can happen)? Everyone trades according to what they gain and if anyone offers them money, they will sell oil to them. Nigeria uses merely 400,000 barrels of oil each day, the oil deposits in Ondo and Edo(if you believe Edo will be part of a Biafra then you need to think about it again) can sort that out. The government is also talking of continuing the search in the Lake Chad region. Deposits have been found in Lagos, with Dangote building a 650,000 barrels per day refinery and Oando following up with a 350,000 barrels per day. The country will be a refining hub in West Africa and with that can afford to buy raw crude and export the products.

But what happens to the people of Igbo descent who has billions in investment in places outside the South East or the places that might not be part of Biafra? The loss to these people will be huge as the government of the country you leave might just nationalise them if you decide you want to leave with malice and the continual threats by people like Kanu Nnamdi of Radio Biafra.

Think of developing the SE as a short term goal with Biafra as a long term goal else the future (near and far) is going to be hellish.

http://www.megahub.com.ng/to-get-biafra-forget-about-biafra/

its too late.
Re: To Get Biafra, Forget About Biafra by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
Afam4eva:

So, can you explain why Sokoto that has been divided into about 3 states does not have the same allocation it had in the 70s. Coupled with the increase of its population. Is it that people were imported from Niger republic to fill up the new states?

To be sincere with all honesty, with the introduction of 13% derivative, the percentage of Federal allocation going to the North has dropped.

Also search for 1980 federal allocation data and compare it with today data, you will discover that the percentage of federal allocation to states like sokoto, Imo that have experienced division have reduced with a factor closed to the number of states formed. Go and search for data you will see the fact. Dont just assume by what you feel or think.

The real impact of more states is political influence not economical.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG To Cut 2016 Budget, Increase Debt Ratio / Protest In Abraka Over The Activities Of Fulani Herdsmen / Boko-Haram Training Camps Found In Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.