Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,987 members, 7,817,907 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS (93121 Views)

Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Remi Tinubu Finally Speaks At The 8th Senate, But What Exactly Did She Say? / First Day Of Sitting Of The Senate Of The 8th NASS (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Ama80(f): 11:20am On Jun 09, 2015
Tinubu's factor will be d bane of Apc.

4 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by fotadmowmend(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
superstar1:

How does that take his being yoruba away from him?

Technically he is 4rm the North ... Thats politics for you .... Best player will always win
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Where are the jagaban ass lickers. Just shows the guy is still a local champion. As long as the we yourbas has sold nigeria back to the fulanis let us help them complete it. So it would backfire. These supporters of APC has taken jonathan calm and transparent govt as cluelessness. But made the big mistake to associate it with the whole of PDP. Time to cut the oju obo of lagos to size. Let's tell him he is a local champion.

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by mascot87(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
Ogetogeo:

Hahahaha. You are a joke, how do u explain Ike Ekwerenmmadu as the deputy? I guess its Tinubu's making too?

You will be shocked that Nduma will win hahahaha. APC are just too smart for you guys
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by joelreg(m): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
chamboy:
apart from maturity, it's all a game.. they use Lawan to Fool PDP... Saraki is APC Candidate right from When Ngige lost Senatorial Seat

Wat is this one saying. Ask yourself DID LAWAN AND HIS SUPPORTERS PRESENT at THE INUAGRATION
Keep deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by tinuolababy(f): 11:21am On Jun 09, 2015
My ex governor carry go jare kiss kiss kiss
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Brytawon(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2015
Bukola Saraki (APC-Kwara Central) elected unopposed as President of 8th Senate by 57 of 108 Senators, with 51 Senators, including Sen. Ahmed Lawan, absent. The other Senators were at the International Conference Centre at the time Saraki was declared President.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by olutunde12(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2015
AbuMikey:
This is unacceptable!
Hasty Nomination.
Hurried assumption of office.

Saraki, just probably bit more than He can chew.

Or, what if Saraki was Tinubu's choice?

No No No, He is not! APC backed down when they knew they have lost the batle and did not want to lose saraki and his people to opposition again!! You lives are simply about Tinubu? ah eh eh....
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by chesterlee(m): 11:22am On Jun 09, 2015
Not even under PDP was the NASS inaugurated with 57 senators... obviously,Change isn't real,its just a means to get to power.

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Reference(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
chamboy:
Saraki is Solid Tinubu/APc's Choice, Lawan was just a bait to fool PDP N Taniods

Then how can you explain out what happened at the weekend. Storm in a teacup eh. My man, there is a power struggle for the soul of the party, between the west and the north, between loyalists and independent. You cannot deny that.

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by frisky2good(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
Yeye dey worry you. When he left PDP for APC, he was a hero abi?

solid3:
Bukola is a traitor. He has just decamped back to PDP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Shegman22(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
Ekweremadu Don win
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by dokyOloye: 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
GodMode:

He is yoruba..
Bukola's father,Olusola Saraki is fulani on his paternal side and yoruba on his maternal side.
That makes them more of Fulanis.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by MosakuAW(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
B69U:

APC legislators thought they could postpone the seating of the House but David Markk pressed on. David Mark has the power to call NASS and he did. Buhari could not stop dat.

PDP nominated Saraki without APC legislator that is why the house was scanty.

Go hide your face in shame, PDP wins.

Why should i hide my face in shame. Am neither a PDP nor APC supporter. Am only an electorate and i vote who ever i think in my heart is the best.

You sound like a PDP supporter, but i can only ask you one questions. What have you gained from any of the political party that is tangible.

I just want to advice you, follow your consence, vote wisely and allow them to play the politics.

Umbrella or Broom... Nigeria will continue

5 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by ernesterioo(f): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
## The ibos have been sidelined,No president,No Senate President, No deputy Senate, no vice president # cheating too much#Ibos re been cheated ooooooo
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by coleon(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
The handwriting had long been written on the wall,because Saraki is the only man prepared for the Job and the plan came out well for APC.

2 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by chamboy(m): 11:23am On Jun 09, 2015
joelreg:

Wat is this one saying. Ask yourself DID LAWAN AND HIS SUPPORTERS PRESENT at THE INUAGRATION
Keep deceiving urself
That y d smart ones always dwell over the minority
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by GodMode: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
fotadmowmend:

No ... Kwara state isn't south west ....

Check the Nigerian map properly.. Kwara is SW.. Kwara's population is over 90% yoruba..

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
ZeezaRapture:
Senator Saraki has just been sworn-in as the new Senate President!!!!

Details later...

Source: NTA

lalasticlala abeg your help is needed here.

APC majority but PDP is controlling the house
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by 400billionman: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
And they keep wasting Nigerians money..

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by frisky2good(m): 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
He's not a Yoruba man.

superstar1:

How does that take his being yoruba away from him?

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by porka: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
kaybams1:
The truth is APC actually showed uncommon political maturity. They realised they made a miscalculation by conducting a primary for the senate seat- an act that led to uprising and PDP wanted taking advantage of. They saw that all PDP just wants more than anything isn't the senate seat, but spoiling the goodwill and reputation of APC. The chess players in APC saw this and decided to outsmart their opponents. They know in politics, reputation and public perception is everything. They saw that the dent in their name will be higher if Lawan is forcefully inaugurated. So they played the fool and made a hard decision of begging every Ahmed Lawan supporters to sheath their sword and allow Saraki be the Senate president just to send a message that APC is truly a democratic party that elevates peace over any other thing. Its the opposite message PDP wanted the public to see so that they can use it as their political campaign in the future. At the end, it was a checkmate - APC won again.

It doesn't make sense.

APC conducted a mock primary to select a "sole candidate" for the office of the Senate President.

In spite of the warning that it is unconstitutional and against any common sense to do so, they went ahead threatening everyone.

They thought they were dealing with some Lagos and South West cowards who are owned by a single man.

APC refused to present its sole candidate on the day of election.

That's massive defeat there my friend.

Cowards!

1 Like

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by sojihandsome: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
i don't think nothing has changed same ppe in different party mind you dey can never change
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by imperfections: 11:24am On Jun 09, 2015
This election is fraud..!!! They have postponed the elections only for 51 of them (sen) to go ahead and elect saraki unopposed. Where are the likes of dogara, akume and lawal? Be informed that they are not even in the assembly complex as at time of the so call elections. Shame on them...!!! Its a PDP factor anyway. embarassed undecided shocked
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by UnknownT: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Brytawon:
Bukola Saraki (APC-Kwara Central) elected
unopposed as President of 8th Senate by 57 of
108 Senators, with 51 Senators, including Sen.
Ahmed Lawan, absent.
The other Senators were at the International
Conference Centre at the time Saraki was
declared President.
wow, just 57? And some people are saying APC played PDP? Nothing we no go hear for nairaland grin

3 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Manir9ja: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
It's not about PDP or APC its about voting for a competent leader and i think saraki is the man. Let's go Nigeria the journey have just started.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
BUHARIWILLWIN:
Hehehehehehe. See PDP saying 'Saraki wins, PDP wins' I laugh in Okrika. U guys will be surprised what hit you. Reason deeply and see that APC just gave you guys a sucker punch. The House is more united now. Check tins dis way, Saraki won unopposed abi. Meaning der was no contest at all. Contrary to wat Apc made u guys believe dat dey are having internal crisis. Crisis my foot. Wat APC wants is to finally sideline and relegate PDP to d abyss of Political oblivion. Gbagaun!. Heheheheh. D more you look, d less you see. APC is in control. Fine one from APC.
I guess Ekweremadu is also d Apc candidate abi? Clown!

5 Likes

Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by mascot87(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
aventura:
was it also their plan to have a PDP deputy. who's the dunce now?

The joke is on PDP. Ike Ekwerenmmadu was just selected to get Saraki the slot. NDUMA is next and you people will still cry grin grin
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by NwaJesusteete(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Pdp candidate
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by yooglodotcom: 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
We must support him for the good of the country.

Nigeria politicians are definitely the same irrespective of party their personal ambition comes first. Did not matter to me who comes top this days.

Please can work start now? first 100 days of PMB is crucial and no further delays are required.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by Reference(m): 11:25am On Jun 09, 2015
Brytawon:
Bukola Saraki (APC-Kwara Central) elected
unopposed as President of 8th Senate by 57 of
108 Senators, with 51 Senators, including Sen.
Ahmed Lawan, absent.
The other Senators were at the International
Conference Centre at the time Saraki was
declared President.

I see. What were they doing there. I thought this was unanimous. I thought this was the day of reckoning. So this matter is not settled. Hmmm.
Re: Bukola Saraki Is The Senate President Of The 8th NASS by bamigboye27: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2015
hmmmmm, i wonder how PMB will cope and enjoy his stay in office when his dream is to get rid of corruption in this nation and corruption is now the senate president......that is what i call irony of the highest order

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Petitions UN, EU, US, UK, Russia, Israel, Over Military Operation / Lockdown: FG Gives N20,000 To Poor Households In FCT / Atiku Vs Buhari: Mc Oluomo's Poll - Final Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.