Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent (79181 Views)

Senators Pray over Saraki's Victory At The CCT (Photos) / Saraki's Victory Is Northern Conspiracy Agains Yoruba-bisi Akande Blasts / Buhari Wins Kano With Landslide Victory-daily Independent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
BlackMaria:

If saraki must win,den his party members must be around during the election. That stuff na sham.

He won the senate presidency with 57 votes. That means there were at least 8 apc/non-pdp senators there. Besides, he's the president of the senate and not that of his party. He is expected to be reasonably impartial and neutral, for the interest of the nation.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by themodernman: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
leofab:
Run along with your Almighty USA and UK... When they were withdrawing remember that China; Russia and India were advance to fill in the vacuum... People like will always want to be a slave so as to always eat free food.. Gibberish

If this is what you can draw out from this statement then you obviously have problem with reasoning and it will be a waste of time trying to explain anything to you cos you'll be too slow to grasp and I don't have time.

No wonder you're where you are currently. Always shouting China & Russia yet China's loan got them correct Plant while we squandered ours under his tenure. Numbskull
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Tahovic: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abinibi is difference from Ability, Bukola Saraki was born with blood of politics while Ahmed Tinubu is learning about politics (learner).
Sai...... Leader!!!
Sai... ....Bukky!!!
Sai........ Oloye!!!
Walahu Yasimuka Minannass!!!
Warafanahu Mankana Aliya!!!!
Iwaju.....Iwaju......Iwaju.......
Insha Allah!!!!
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by olayinkaj2(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
I don't understand again o, is saraki and dogora still in pdp?
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by disumusa: 4:06pm On Jun 10, 2015
manutdrichie:
Nigeria as a nation is bigger than one okpolo eye to control
august meten don dy come any non indigen living in se need to be carefull not to be use as peper soup.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by aviazuva: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2015
Why did the APC have to fix the meeting date the same day of Inauguration?
Why meeting away from inauguration venue?
Why meeting at the time election should be going on?
Did they think that their meeting even without other political parties would delay the inauguration time or change the date?
WHy , WHY, Whyyyyyy?
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by leofab(f): 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
themodernman:

If this is what you can draw out from this statement then you obviously have problem with reasoning and it will be a waste of time trying to explain anything to you cos you'll be too slow to grasp and I don't have time.

No wonder you're where you are currently. Always shouting China & Russia yet China's loan got them correct Plant while we squandered ours under his tenure. Numbskull
always blaming the society; who is that society? See what you can our country and not trading blames. Just tell your almighty PMB to tread carefully with those country if only you are intellectual grid enough to know where am coming from. Maybe you can go ask questions; Iraq; Syria; Sudan; Yemen only to mention but a few. These nations you adore with your life is notorious for their ' Destroy and Plummet' acts.. Eyes wey dey see(open eye) nor be Tinubu type oh
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by manutdrichie(m): 4:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
disumusa:
august meten don dy come any non indigen living in se need to be carefull not to be use as peper soup.

warriz diz 0tond0 saying
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by winterfell007(m): 5:11pm On Jun 10, 2015
gAme of thrones. God I love that series badly

DiepreyeAbaka:
Its gonna be interesting in NASS,the Lannisters always pays its debt,Saraki's emergence typifies that
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by themodernman: 5:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
leofab:
always blaming the society; who is that society? See what you can our country and not trading blames. Just tell your almighty PMB to tread carefully with those country if only you are intellectual grid enough to know where am coming from. Maybe you can go ask questions; Iraq; Syria; Sudan; Yemen only to mention but a few. These nations you adore with your life is notorious for their ' Destroy and Plummet' acts.. Eyes wey dey see(open eye) nor be Tinubu type oh

And when America and European countries stylishly withdrew how did we fare? How does Nigeria compare to Syria, Libya & Iraq that they're Leaders are perceived to be terrorist and tyrannist? What you deserve from America is what you get. If we had utilized our relationship with the whites South Africa won't be a threat to us now but our leaders greediness has brought us here but you are busy pointing fingers at America.

The crisis in Syria, Iraq & Libya is caused by the dissidents in the country d same way BH is opposing the FG & international aid...ours hasn't just escalated to their level.

Use your God-given brain & stop swallowing all your tribe tell you hook-line-sinker. I was once a staunch Anti-Buhari before I saw GEJ for the destruction he was.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
softnipples:

Hmmm...is that a compliment?
grin

God's Art!
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
kemthegirl:

Na. She was wise. I never took her serious till now. The SW seem to have selective amnesia. They forget that one Nigeria is an artificial creation of the colonial masters. That is one fact the north never forgets. As long as we r lumped with SW, they will continued to screw us over.
SS/SE know they r screwed. So we will just join the north to screw u over the more. Mme Ebod.
Your granny is not wise @ all,she is foolish and passed her foolishness down to you. If South-West dey vex as you claim,y don't you start another civil war as your coward(Ojukwu) did.
Ode oshi.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eluwilussit:

He won the senate presidency with 57 votes. That means there were at least 8 apc/non-pdp senators there. Besides, he's the president of the senate and not that of his party. He is expected to be reasonably impartial and neutral, for the interest of the nation.
Ok,I hear. Just watch the events unfold.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 9:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
BlackMaria:

Ok,I hear. Just watch the events unfold.

You appear to me like a man who trusts these rogues. You think what happened was a mistake? That shiit was well orchestrated. Bukola has all the pdp behind him. I am sure he has some other apc senators behind him. PMB is aware of that scheme. He's not a retired general for nothing. At the end of the day, he will work with Bukola and with good reasons.

A worse case scenario, Bukola will rerat with his supporters and pdp might suddenly become the majority. Unfortunately, Nigerians never learn from history. Pdp called the bluff of all their decampees, but today, we all know the price of that bluff.

I hope apc and Tinubu will accept what happened and find a way to keep their members together and United, to avoid "had I known". We can't afford to fail so soon as a nation.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eluwilussit:

You appear to me like a man who trusts these rogues. You think what happened was a mistake? That shiit was well orchestrated. Bukola has all the pdp behind him. I am sure he has some other apc senators behind him. PMB is aware of that scheme. He's not a retired general for nothing. At the end of the day, he will work with Bukola and with good reasons.

A worse case scenario, Bukola will rerat with his supporters and pdp might suddenly become the majority. Unfortunately, Nigerians never learn from history. Pdp called the bluff of all their decampees, but today, we all know the price of that bluff.

I hope apc and Tinubu will accept what happened and find a way to keep their members together and United, to avoid "had I known". We can't afford to fail so soon as a nation.
Just watch how events will unfold.
Saraki and pdp may av won this,but watch out.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 10:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
BlackMaria:

Just watch how events will unfold.
Saraki and pdp may av won this,but watch out.

Hey, is there any particular reason why u don't want Saraki? To me, head or tail we(masses) lose and the politicians win. So it doesn't matter who is senate president. Does it? It doesn't even matter to me which party is ruling. Same rogues them all are.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 10, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Hey, is there any particular reason why u don't want Saraki? To me, head or tail we(masses) lose and the politicians win. So it doesn't matter who is senate president. Does it? It doesn't even matter to me which party is ruling. Same rogues them all are.
If saraki had allowed Apc senators vote in that election,his election wud av been credible,but getting ur fellow APC senators out of the house smells of bullsh1t.
I support the election of the house of reps,but for the senate,na rubbish.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 10:38pm On Jun 10, 2015
BlackMaria:

If saraki had allowed Apc senators vote in that election,his election wud av been credible,but getting ur fellow APC senators out of the house smells of bullsh1t.
I support the election of the house of reps,but for the senate,na rubbish.

I am not aware that Saraki got them out of the assembly. It was reported that apc senators elect were supposed to meet their national leaders at 9 am, whereas the house election was 10am. Saraki as a chip off the old block(his father), decided not to take chances. He was right. His interests as a politician come first. Party is secondary in Nigerian politics.

He aligned with pdp members and was elected as senate president. It has been agreed that the procedure met all the requirements of the law. So he is in order. Apc will need 2/3 of the house vote to impeach him. Great. But where will they get that? Pdp has 49 or so, while apc has 59, minus Saraki. And to cap it all, it appears that Buhari and the entire north are ok with this. More so, it is alleged that the pdp decampees in apc are in the boat with Saraki. If all this is true, only a man with extraordinary powers can remove Saraki. Not like I care who is or isn't the senate president. grin
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 11, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I am not aware that Saraki got them out of the assembly. It was reported that apc senators elect were supposed to meet their national leaders at 9 am, whereas the house election was 10am. Saraki as a chip off the old block(his father), decided not to take chances. He was right. His interests as a politician come first. Party is secondary in Nigerian politics.

He aligned with pdp members and was elected as senate president. It has been agreed that the procedure met all the requirements of the law. So he is in order. Apc will need 2/3 of the house vote to impeach him. Great. But where will they get that? Pdp has 49 or so, while apc has 59, minus Saraki. And to cap it all, it appears that Buhari and the entire north are ok with this. More so, it is alleged that the pdp decampees in apc are in the boat with Saraki. If all this is true, only a man with extraordinary powers can remove Saraki. Not like I care who is or isn't the senate president. grin
We shall see where all this will end.
That pdp won the deputy and senate leader is crap. Saraki betrayed his fellow party members. You think,apc members who wud av wanted to support saraki are happy that pdp won that other 2 seats.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by christopher123(m): 10:52am On Jun 11, 2015
LOL

Now you are really crazy and funny...I am using this ur quote

lol

lawanson44:
BREAKING NEWS!

OXFORD LEARNER'S DICTIONARY HAS ADDED A NEW WORD TO THE DICTIONARY.

NEW WORD... "TINUBU"

Tinubu (tee-nu-bu) Noun: Someone who believes that he would achieve a sinister goal and looks forward to the benefit(s) of such goals when attained but suddenly meets a deadlock after the goal is attained without enjoying the expected benefits.

Example: The tinubued armed robbers successfully broke into the company's safe and carted away cash only to realize that the money were fake currencies!

Funke became tinuburized when she discovered the man she snatched from her friend because of his presumed wealth was an ordinary driver.

Adjective:To be a Tinubu...the state of not enjoying what you expected from a good fortune.

Example: "My First Class Honors Degree Certificate is null and void because NUC has declared my Alma-Mata an illegal university. Oh! i am a Tinubu!!"
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by kemthegirl(f): 2:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

Your granny is not wise @ all,she is foolish and passed her foolishness down to you. If South-West dey vex as you claim,y don't you start another civil war as your coward(Ojukwu) did.
Ode oshi.

Na. U r a 're*tard. I am not igbo and every one knows ur kinsmen r the weak link in the south. Two faced backstabbing a*ss wipe.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

We shall see where all this will end.
That pdp won the deputy and senate leader is crap. Saraki betrayed his fellow party members. You think,apc members who wud av wanted to support saraki are happy that pdp won that other 2 seats.

Bottom line is that apc has to accept Saraki or risk losing him and his supporters in the senate. Assuming Saraki has 7 supporters and himself, that gives pdp 57. Apc becomes the minority with 51. That's if more apc senators will not move to pdp with Saraki, for the so called "juicy posts".

Pdp is only doing what an opposition is expected to do. They haven't gained a lot but no one was expecting them to get anything at all, and that might explain why they didn't play a fast one on Saraki on Tuesday. Half bread in peace is better than a full loaf with so much trouble. Not like it matters who is what? Them all are the same.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 12, 2015
kemthegirl:

Na. U r a 're*tard. I am not igbo and every one knows ur kinsmen r the weak link in the south. Two faced backstabbing a*ss wipe.
Is that all or u still got more.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Bottom line is that apc has to accept Saraki or risk losing him and his supporters in the senate. Assuming Saraki has 7 supporters and himself, that gives pdp 57. Apc becomes the minority with 51. That's if more apc senators will not move to pdp with Saraki, for the so called "juicy posts".

Pdp is only doing what an opposition is expected to do. They haven't gained a lot but no one was expecting them to get anything at all, and that might explain why they didn't play a fast one on Saraki on Tuesday. Half bread in peace is better than a full loaf with so much trouble. Not like it matters who is what? Them all are the same.
It will be better 4 all the so-called moles be exposed,so dey can decamp and purge the party of JUDAS.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

It will be better 4 all the so-called moles be exposed,so dey can decamp and purge the party of JUDAS.

Dude, u appear to take these politicians seriously, don't you? If u wanna get involved in politics or even in discussions of politics, you had better get a very thick skin. It is a treacherous domain. Flexibility of association is very crucial for survival.

Don't you ever forget Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest. The crux of the theory is the ability of a specie to adjust to circumstances. To adapt, you have to be flexible. Now, I am not talking about political prostitution. I am talking about alliances, wherever you may find them and whoever they may be. Self preservation is the first rule in life-unless if u are Jesus.

Saraki didn't do anything wrong. The party, apc were the ones who acted stupidly and selfishly. Now, that's not unique to apc. Pdp at its peak, did the same. The leadership is always trying to put its puppet in high places. Obviously there will be some elements in the party who will kick against such practices. Therefore, it behooves the leadership of apc to genuinely embrace Saraki and Dogara. Work closely with them and alienate them from the pdp senators and their machinations.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Dude, u appear to take these politicians seriously, don't you? If u wanna get involved in politics or even in discussions of politics, you had better get a very thick skin. It is a treacherous domain. Flexibility of association is very crucial for survival.

Don't you ever forget Darwin's theory of the survival of the fittest. The crux of the theory is the ability of a specie to adjust to circumstances. To adapt, you have to be flexible. Now, I am not talking about political prostitution. I am talking about alliances, wherever you may find them and whoever they may be. Self preservation is the first rule in life-unless if u are Jesus.

Saraki didn't do anything wrong. The party, apc were the ones who acted stupidly and selfishly. Now, that's not unique to apc. Pdp at its peak, did the same. The leadership is always trying to put its puppet in high places. Obviously there will be some elements in the party who will kick against such practices. Therefore, it behooves the leadership of apc to genuinely embrace Saraki and Dogara. Work closely with them and alienate them from the pdp senators and their machinations.
I hope APC does what is best 4 the party. I support any move dey make.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 8:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

I hope APC does what is best 4 the party. I support any move dey make.

I am indifferent to party. I support every good move that will benefit the poor masses. I am for greater good for the greater majority.

Look at apc very well, apart from Tinubu, Buhari and a handful of their top membership, they are all former pdp members. Old wine in new skin. Party to them is like apparel. You chose which fits the occasion.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I am indifferent to party. I support every good move that will benefit the poor masses. I am for greater good for the greater majority.

Look at apc very well, apart from Tinubu, Buhari and a handful of their top membership, they are all former pdp members. Old wine in new skin. Party to them is like apparel. You chose which fits the occasion.
I tell u. The same way,dey destroyed pdp is the same way,dey want to ruin APC,but ntn 4 dem.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Eluwilussit(m): 9:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
BlackMaria:

I tell u. The same way,dey destroyed pdp is the same way,dey want to ruin APC,but ntn 4 dem.

I wish the apc and pdp will genuinely develop into two opposing sides, just like the American system. We need two or three strong parties. We need checks and balances. I hope we get there soon. But above all, I wish we could stop tribalism and religious bigotry. I wish we could all be Nigerians. Free and safe, no matter where you find yourself. Just the way it is in the West!
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
Eluwilussit:

I wish the apc and pdp will genuinely develop into two opposing sides, just like the American system. We need two or three strong parties. We need checks and balances. I hope we get there soon. But above all, I wish we could stop tribalism and religious bigotry. I wish we could all be Nigerians. Free and safe, no matter where you find yourself. Just the way it is in the West!
Gbam.
Tribalism and Religion is the main problem of this country.
Re: Tinubu Dumbfounded Over Saraki’s Victory - Daily Independent by Demainman1: 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2015
TINUBU is wicked and selfish!!

Why did he give BUHARI Osibanjo (a non entity) as his VP instead of FASHOLA?? GREED!!

Why did he not let BUHARI choose his prefered candidate from the SW instead of forcing Osibanjo on him like that.

If I were BUHARI i will punish TINUBU seriously for that singular act of his.

TINUBU cannot do anything in the interest of Nigeria. Only for his own personal interest. Nigeria do not need such a person.

Even bible said it that if you humble yourself you will be exalted.

TINUBU exalted himself before the election by calling the shot for BUHARI. Buhari took it because he was desperate to become president and could have done anything, even dancing naked if that was what TINUBU wanted.

Now power has changed hand. President Buhari cannot be a boi to anyone. When he is not GEJ.

IF TINUBU does not take things easy "O ma teh". "Buhari ma fo yeye e".

Be careful Oga TINUBU

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Before And After London Vacation Pictures Of President Buhari / Orji Uzor Kalu's Wife, Ifeoma, Is Dead / Jonathan Holds Buhari's Hand So Tight As He Conducts Him Around Aso Villa (photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.