Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,783 members, 7,813,586 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77892 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Lionsclaw: 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
vislabraye:

grin. Hmmm. Interesting. From the explanation you gave, if that's the reason it makes sense. But their explanation for not allowing him in sounds ridiculous. The whole story to me sounds funny.
But when Gej wss service chief, he attended security meetings with his vice, Sambo.
Have you forgotten ?
yea bro. While sambo may have entered security meetings with gej, one thing that cannot be proved is the exact time gej decided to let him in. Was it sooner or later? If we assume it was sooner wldn't that simply be gej's own style smiley
Buhari is a different man altogether and if he so wish to bring the vp later instead of sooner I wont blame him, I will blame the vp for being in a hurry and suspect is zealousness. Me think there is just too much brouhaha after just 10days in office. Dont you think so?
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by dammytosh: 11:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
lawanson44:

He should work hard to redeem the image of his South West brothers which includes you cos you all are now the laughing stock of Nigerian politics. grin grin

Very ironic and laffable.

Bukola is an Igbo man right ? No be only laffing stock, Na fish stock

ODEmwingwe

Oponu Ayirada

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Danfo(m): 12:31am On Jun 12, 2015
So Obama was a military man before becoming US President?..

it's strange and inexcusable that a VP is being locked out of security meetings....what an insult on the VP office, if the story is true !
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by adconline(m): 2:33am On Jun 12, 2015
shinealight:

The point most commentators on this thread are missing is the fact that it is the President that is the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces and not his Vice. As far as Security meetings with Military Chiefs are concerned, it is the prerogative of the Commander-In-Chief to decide who he wants to participate in view of the sensitivity of the information that may be disclosed. Exposure to certain pieces of information may even turn out to be a burden on the VP, particularly if he has no contribution to make on the issue. Hence, some of these actions may be a blessing in disguise and a way of shielding the VP.
To put it another way, he who has seen the face of the culprit in a murder case for instance is more likely to be a target for elimination than he who knows nothing about him. Does it make sense to expose both the President and his Vice to danger in case of a putsch? I think not!
Nope.. VP is the deputy of national security council meeting as statued in the constitution.. He's the 2nd in command- and can exercise power over defense chiefs, IG, minster of interior ..
This is what Nigeria constitution states: mind you that "'shall" in law, is mandatorily applicable in nature. GMB might be violating the constitution already.

G - National Defence Council
16. The National Defence Council shall comprise the following members -
(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Minister of the Government of the Federation responsible for defence;

(d) the Chief of Defence Staff;

(e) the Chief of Army Staff;

(f) the Chief of Naval Staff;

(g) the Chief of Air Staff; and

(h) such other members as the President may appoint.

17. The Council shall have power to advise the President on matters relating to the defence of the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Nigeria.

K - National Security Council

25. The National Security Council shall comprise the following members -
(a) the President who shall be the Chairman;

(b) the Vice-President who shall be the Deputy Chairman;

(c) the Chief of Defence Staff;

(d) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for internal affairs.

(e) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged responsibility for defence;

(f) the Minister of the Government of the Federation charged with the responsibility for foreign affairs;

(g) the National Security Adviser

(h) the Inspector-General of Police; and

(i) such other persons as the President may in his discretion appoint.

26. The Council shall have power to advise the President on matters relating to public security including matters relating to any organisation or agency established by law for ensuring the security of the Federation.

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#NationalSecurityCouncil
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Seriallinks(m): 5:58am On Jun 12, 2015
sukkot:
playing second fiddle was dangerous in an era where the only resource to sustain the whole country was oil. however nobody is buying oil anymore. oil is going out of fashion fast as new technological advancements are being made and newer and cleaner sources of energy discovered. one of the G7 mandates was to end the global use of oil. so at this beautiful time in our history the resource we have is the land. we will all return to farming and it will matter not who is ruling the country or who is playing first or second fiddle. and as for the hausas running the country, i really dont care. i see hausas as humble and simple. i dont mind being ruled by a humble and simple tribe of people. i draw the line if i am being ruled by a boastful chest beating tribe lmao. so as long as the hausa is on top, i personally dont mind because they are not boastful chest beaters.

Bros I love this post! 1 billion likes...grin Nice one!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by sukkot: 6:40am On Jun 12, 2015
Seriallinks:

Bros I love this post! 1 billion likes...grin Nice one!
Hehehe my bros Seriallinks i troway salute my chief grin grin
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by kwaraguy(m): 6:51am On Jun 12, 2015
Kennywills7:
First they call him a mere commissioner and now they are saying he is going to undergo some training in order to keep things to himself without him giving information to tinubu, hmm it seem to me he is d vice president on paper while he is bn sideline in important and sensitive matters

U knw dat feeling when u want to listen to an interesting part of a story but then they send u to buy something? That's what is happening here
You've said it all
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Eric14(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2015
Dats the true fact.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Myself2(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2015
shikaan:
this is complete nonsense.
what do they mean by this rubbish...
they dint know he will see a footage and not eat for days when they chose him as VP?
this APC hypocrisy is disgusting.
for heavens sake!!! how do you lock the vice president out of a security meeting where is this done? oluwa o. jor help us.

grin grin grin
NO WAY, LEAVE OLUWA OUT THIS!!!!!

SOME MONTHS AGO, Y'ALL WERE CHANTING;
CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE.......

NOW IT'S MY TURN TO CHANT;

ONE CHANCE
ONE CHANCE
ONE CHANCE...

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 12, 2015
Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gun powder, may God deliver.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2015
The saddest thing about this is Tinubu has boxed the yorubas in since he joined the north against the rest of the south. The rest of the south will not follow him at all and the north knows this. So regardless of what they dish to osinbande or tinubu they have to keep taking it cause there is nowhere to run or any other region to compain to. Forgive me but i shouted it from day one even before the elections this was what will unfold the only place I erred was i didn't realise it would happen this fast in less then a month after the new government.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by dammmy(m): 9:03am On Jun 13, 2015
Obama also attend dome meetings like dis before the Invasion that leads to the death of Osama bin laden.... So no biggy!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 14, 2015
If buhari de lock am out true true, den I'm no longer against the people that want buhari to die so that they osinabajo can takenover.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 14, 2015
Lionsclaw:
yea bro. While sambo may have entered security meetings with gej, one thing that cannot be proved is the exact time gej decided to let him in. Was it sooner or later? If we assume it was sooner wldn't that simply be gej's own style smiley
Buhari is a different man altogether and if he so wish to bring the vp later instead of sooner I wont blame him, I will blame the vp for being in a hurry and suspect is zealousness. Me think there is just too much brouhaha after just 10days in office. Dont you think so?

Its good to deceive others, but its highly fooolish to deceive ursef
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Lionsclaw: 12:01pm On Jun 14, 2015
chuna1985:

Its good to deceive others, but its highly fooolish to deceive ursef
God punish your farher for fvckin an underage girl to giv birth to u.
How can you just type to insult me not that I quoted you or as if u had any meaningful thing to say. I did not insult d president or d vp I even said ppl are making so much fuss abt stuff in less than 10days in office. So wat is ur gross.
Look idi.ot I say you are a foolish moro.n
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Lionsclaw:
God punish your farher for fvckin an underage girl to giv birth to u.
How can you just type to insult me not that I quoted you or as if u had any meaningful thing to say. I did not insult d president or d vp I even said ppl are making so much fuss abt stuff in less than 10days in office. So wat is ur gross.
Look idi.ot I say you are a foolish moro.n

As I already said.

Keep deceiving ursef aggressively.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Lionsclaw: 12:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
chuna1985:

As I already said.

Keep deceiving ursef aggressively.
grin delusive foo.l
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by free13: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2015
Kennywills7:
First they call him a mere commissioner and now they are saying he is going to undergo some training in order to keep things to himself without him giving information to tinubu, hmm it seem to me he is d vice president on paper while he is bn sideline in important and sensitive matters

U knw dat feeling when u want to listen to an interesting part of a story but then they send u to buy something? That's what is happening here
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by free37: 11:07am On Jun 17, 2015
Ayietim:
The fear of rejection keeps us indoors and out of sight,
and we are denied recogntition, respect and lose the sense of pride that might have come if we had come out to give it a try.
Sometimes, we watch in unbelief and self indignation,
as those not half as good as we are get drowned in ovation,
for doing their best which is our average, but yet they are the centre of praises and the adulations.
Don't envy them, we are better than them, but they are the best,
they are known by the world,
we are cowards, they are brave,
they have conquered fear,
while we are still the victim of 'harmless' fear.
The time has come for us to step out there and give the world the real action,
we are the best, we know it and we are ready to prove ir, fear can no longer imprison our true position, this is our final decision.
/p5sIGP-fE

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos / Explosion Rocks Benin, Houses Destroyed / 2019 Election Results: Atiku, Buhari In Close Marking- Vanguard Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.