Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,037 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom (32157 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by geedeex2(m): 9:27am On Jun 13, 2015
Ok
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by shedrack222: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Xx
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Trabings of a working administration... Expecting alot more your excellency... GOD bless Nigeria
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by cvibe2: 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
ok

Great news for those being owed for months by the state governments.

There is absolutely no reason why you should not want a great life.

www.OnlyWorkingClass.com

Marry right and live a good life!

The premium dating for working class singles, busy professionals and successful business people.

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by searay(m): 9:28am On Jun 13, 2015
Nonsense I didn't read it. I don't read typed written materials
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by lonelydora: 9:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Baba is working.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Youngzedd(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2015
abduljabbar4:

And who are you?

K
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Lasgidy1(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by myklangelo(m): 9:32am On Jun 13, 2015
Seriously any state that manages its tax revenue very well will not depend on the federal govt. States ought to be independent in some aspects. They lack management

I don't disappoint, the 2nd Igbo language weekend tutorial is out in my blog. It is educative in a new way. Visit my blog.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2015
Why doesn't Buhari just leave those states that cannot pay salaries alone?

That's when most of their governors will learn something called....being financially responsible.

Especially Aregbe.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by PassingShot(m): 9:33am On Jun 13, 2015
Obinoscopy:
The bail out must come with a price.......else the other states who will not benefit from the bail-out will be annoyed.

The price could be that the states to benefit from the bail-out will no longer be collecting money from the FG that's meant for payment of salaries. All salaries will be paid directly into the workers' account by the FG.
Do you think the bail out will not be repaid? I don't have any reason to believe that.

What I think will happen is that the affected states will pay back on installments to the FG from their monthly allocation at no interest.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by chinolization: 9:34am On Jun 13, 2015
So governors like Obiano and Fashola that managed their resources very well and grew their IGR are fools?

I am sure Buhari is not even thinking about this crap or else he will be ready to nail his presidency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by omenka(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2015
90 billion and they allowed the criminal to escape from the country.

I have said it time and again, that Suswam dude is worse than Theodore Orji.

The guy did absolutely NOTHING for his people besides breaking and remaking "road dividers", planting grasses on the roads one day and uprooting them to replace them with dead flowers the next day, then empowering thugs making them even more powerful than the state police commissioner!! Imagine policemen saluting a Thug when he walks into their station to free his "boys" that had been arrested for one wrong deed or another! angry

I know I vowed not to insult anyone anymore, but on this one, sorry to say- God punish that man wherever he is! angry

He's very lucky to have abstained from the inauguration. Even his deputy he delegated didn't dare go close to the place. Heard some rude boys even went as far as preserving and collecting their stools in polythene bags to stone him with. What a wonderful sight to behold that would have been! angry

5 Likes

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Firefire(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2015
pedel:
The president should assign some administrators for the bail out to make sure money is spent on paying salaries alone.
Governor Aregbesola cannot be trusted. He is reckless and prodigal. He will start some baloon projects like feeding school children, MKO Airport, Opon Imo, erecting statues, helecopters, builing the world's tallest drums and other projects that costs billions of naira and has no direct impact on the people he governs.
When a man likes to spend more than he can earn or generate it is an indication of thievery tendencies.
Governor Aregbesola is going to waste the money. He is not to be trusted with the money. I have said my own.
By the way I am pro APC but Osun state governor is a bad money manager.

A replacement drum would be required. Buhari should please come to the rescue.

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by eliwa47(m): 9:37am On Jun 13, 2015
we for thank God ooooo, this salary issue of a thing wanted to paralyzed activities in all the affected states, sai baba, jo gba wa ooooo.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Chibokgame: 9:38am On Jun 13, 2015
Mmmm!
So this effects cut accross board,

I thought it was only affecting the COUNTRY of WESTERN Nigeria.

It will be good sha,
Cos anything that comes from the APC led government is always A WELCOME DEVELOPMENT.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Firefire(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2015
omenka:
90 billion and the allowed the criminal to escape from the country.

I have said it time and again, that Suswam dude is worse than Theodore Orji.

The guy did absolutely NOTHING for his people beside breaking and remaking "road deviders" and planting grasses on the roads one day and uprooting them to replace them with dead flowers the next day, and then empowering thugs, making them even more powerful than the state police commissioner!! Imagine policemen saluting a Thug when he gets to their station to bail his "boys" that had been arrested for one wrong deed or another! angry

I know I vowed not to insult anyone anymore, but on this one, sorry to say- God punish that man wherever he is! angry

Not only him, everyone stealing Nigerians wealth in the form of projects and governance, may peace be far from them. angry
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Rexyl(m): 9:41am On Jun 13, 2015
Tightguy:
REALLY ?
If by any chance this news is true , then its a case of mixed feeling for me.
1. At least i am happy that the workers in the affected states would finally get their salaries , ohhpppssss.
2. What measures would the FG put in place to prevent this issue from becoming a recurrent decimal in the near future ?
3. We were made to understand that the FG as at last month was borrowing to pay workers' salary. What now becomes their fate when/if they decide to add to this burden from salary of workers in some states ??
4. What if the situation of falling oil prices doesn't improve , how will those same affected states cope ?

The States should face the reality and plan on what they have instead of boasting on what is not realistic and fail in the end. That is what affected Aregbe.

1 Like

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by forposting103: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2015
Free e-Learning scholarship awaiting you here >> http://www.forposting104..com/
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Firefire(m): 9:44am On Jun 13, 2015
eliwa47:
we for thank God ooooo, this salary issue of a thing wanted to paralyzed activities in all the affected states, sai baba, jo gba wa ooooo.

I expect Lie Mohammed to have condemned the situation in APC controlled state to show his neutrality, and having the welfare of the people at heart. Lo and behold he became dumb.

I want to believe APC is full of hypocrisy. undecided

1 Like

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by philips70(m): 9:46am On Jun 13, 2015
funlord:
grin

This makes no sense? I hope PMB knows that the governors who swallowed this cash are still alive and have not even started spending their loot! Why is the nigerian government always afraid of dealing severely with looters? This would just encourage more lootocracy in the current regime! Naija Is a joke abeg!

While not exonerating anyone it might not be a case of looting but that of wrong planning and excessive dependence on the federal allocations.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by stigman(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2015
LAfricana:

I think it does make sense.The people of Osun have suffered enough, plus those in benue

And to those governors, thunder fire you for being irresponsible angry

Check out www.africanwatch.net for the latest happenings in Africa, and International Scholarship updates for Nigerians
French airport police under fire for detaining six-year-old Cameroon girl over passport issue

And you all blamed Jona for this, so is he going to be doing it always because I don't see it stoping, the governors will continue to owe
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by CSTR2: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2015
With niger-delta money?
smh
Our governors are sleeping.
One would be forced to believe the niger-delta is an eldorado with no need for money.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Timbi: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2015
This news is really misleading. At no point in time has the government of Kaduna state failed to pay salaries i. e. salaries are paid as promptly.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2015
And what are the figure head governors doing?
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by rabimlomo: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
EFFECTS OF USING STATE FUND FOR CAMPAIGN....APC CHANGE

Was Enugu, Benue Plateau and Kaduna governors APC Why are you people like this nau
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by thewarrior72: 9:54am On Jun 13, 2015
Vanellope:
Good news. Aregbesola hinted on this a few days ago. Let no one blame the states. This came about due to the drastic drop in oil prices in the international market.
Oh shut it, why didn't all the 36 state in Nigeria owe? or is it only this few state that had their allocation slashed?[s][/s]

My take on this is, if bailout funds is to be given to any of them, the state should be declared bankrupt & they administrators removed from office, with FG appointed administrator taking over the states until thinks normalizes.The situation on ground in most of this states calls for a total declaration of state of emergency by FG nothing less.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Kingspin(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2015
Is only in Nigeria that u see money been pump to states without gain at the end of 4years. Pumping money without return has made our govs lazy enough while the state is left to suffer. What a country? No biz is run like that anywhere, i mean u already planned to fail. This is a country that have no future plan. We are running a shapeless system and restructuring it to make it have a face of a project will be the best way to go for the long run.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2015
It is the same thing PDP, KOWA or any political party in Nigeria would do... They would not want to expose their weaknesses.

Firefire:

I expect Lie Mohammed to have condemned the situation in APC controlled state to show his neutrality, and having the welfare of the people at heart. Lo and behold he became dumb.

I want to believe APC is full of hypocrisy. undecided

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2015
River State Immediate Governor Amaechi also left over a very huge amount of debt in River State and it is actually affecting River State people.

I wonder why River State was not mention on the article as one of the victim been affected.

They just mention some state paraded by so called apc yet some people keep on chanting for change.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest Against Fulani Herdsmen Rocks Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Throwback Video Of Tinubu And Pat Utomi Dancing / Nine Ministers Seeking Elective Positions Resign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.