Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom (32166 Views)

APC Crisis: Buhari Moves To Pacify Tinubu With More Ministerial Nominees-Tribune / NASS Leadership Crisis: Buhari, APC Govs Tell Saraki, Others To Respect Party / APC CRISIS: Buhari Meets Atiku, Oyegun And Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by voxpopp: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2015
IF YOUR MUM WAS AMONG THOSE OWED SALARIES, WILL YOU GO AGAINST BUHARIS DECISION AND TYPE THIS NONSENSE?

BackDatAssUp:
We reward failure and criminality in this Nigeria.

This is similar to how Oshiomole granted scholarship to that juvenile stowaway who endangered the lives of air passengers by crawling into the landing gear of an aircraft.

The case of Osun is a matter of high irresponsibility for how are we to explain that Osun with a gross revenue less than 60 billion annually will go ahead to budget 210 bn during an election year mainly drawn from bank loans?

As things stand now in the State of Osun under aregberascal, the monthly allocations from the federation account is down to 540 million from 4bn.

Where were the state assemblies and trade unions when these governors where taking out loans left, right and centre?

Other than Cross River which took out bonds during the Duke administration to develop the state infrastructure which was in line with expected state revenues from oil proceeds sourced from oil wells in Bakassi and those ceded to Akwa Ibom, I don't see any reason why any of these states can't meet up their responsibilities.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Youngk(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
abeg which bank or group dey lend states all this money,nawooo dos banks get mind oooo
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Youngk(m): 10:01am On Jun 13, 2015
abeg which bank or group dey lend states all this money? nawooo dos banks get mind oooo
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 13, 2015
voxpopp:
IF YOUR MUM WAS AMONG THOSE OWED SALARIES, WILL YOU GO AGAINST BUHARIS DECISION AND TYPE THIS NONSENSE?

Nonsense.

I thank God my mother does not need to work for money again and God forbid to work for a mumu state that doesn't even pay well in the first place.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by stan241(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2015
PRYCE:
Yes bailout APC states! Osun, Benue, Plateau... All 'PROGRESSIVES'
I'm sure you are aware that both Benue and Plateau states had PDP governors and the APC governors there were just recently sworn in so the bail out actually is due to the mismanagement of the former governors! A little objectivity doesn't hurt or does it?

1 Like

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2015
sai buhari..

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by CSTR2: 10:05am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:
We reward failure and criminality in this Nigeria.

This is similar to how Oshiomole granted scholarship to that juvenile stowaway who endangered the lives of air passengers by crawling into the landing gear of an aircraft.

The case of Osun is a matter of high irresponsibility for how are we to explain that Osun with a gross revenue less than 60 billion annually will go ahead to budget 210 bn during an election year mainly drawn from bank loans?

As things stand now in the State of Osun under aregberascal, the monthly allocations from the federation account is down to 540 million from 4bn.

Where were the state assemblies and trade unions when these governors where taking out loans left, right and centre?

Other than Cross River which took out bonds during the Duke administration to develop the state infrastructure which was in line with expected state revenues from oil proceeds sourced from oil wells in Bakassi and those ceded to Akwa Ibom, I don't see any reason why any of these states can't meet up their responsibilities.
Can you blame them?
It is free money afterall.
The people that should be vocal against this daylight robbery are quiet.
We suffer environmental pollution only for the proceeds to be splashed on parasitic incompetents.

1 Like

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by efilefun(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
EFFECTS OF USING STATE FUND FOR CAMPAIGN....APC CHANGE
Was Benue state ruled APC before oponu
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by arsetalks(m): 10:07am On Jun 13, 2015
kodded:
If buhari allow someone like aregberascal to roam the street of osun freely then I know he is only bluffing undecided
Brain some brain na. What can the honourable president have done to a sitting governor for f*ck's sake?
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by voxpopp: 10:07am On Jun 13, 2015
JUST ANSWER MY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION AND BE REASONABLE FOR ONCE

BackDatAssUp:

Nonsense.

I thank God my mother does not need to work for money again and God forbid to work for a mumu state that doesn't even pay well in the first place.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by shakaZuIlu: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2015
Generalkorex:
Thanks baba
the workers are really suffering.
The state governors are so useless. They are governors and not paymasters.
They should think out of the box. And improve their IGR

general korex the Chinese guy grin
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by arsetalks(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

At the end of the day, Nigeria Delta resources is what you want to use to pay off the stupid1ty of your useless governor.

It won't work.

No amnesty for Boko Haram and definitely no financial bail out for your Odenni Rauf Ooni Gbese
Imo and Enugu also need a bail out. Did you read? And last time I checked, ND is still part of Nigeria.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Generalkorex(m): 10:10am On Jun 13, 2015
shakaZuIlu:

general korex the Chinese guy grin
busted.
I see you really love making trouble.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by arsetalks(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2015
Vanellope:
Good news. Aregbesola hinted on this a few days ago. Let no one blame the states. This came about due to the drastic drop in oil prices in the international market.
What happened to these states not depending on the federation?
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Rexphobia(m): 10:12am On Jun 13, 2015
No need to bail them out. Let AMCON buy the states like banks in crisis and settle all the debts. Then other viable states can buy over the states from AMCON

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:12am On Jun 13, 2015
voxpopp:
JUST ANSWER MY HYPOTHETICAL QUESTION AND BE REASONABLE FOR ONCE

You are a silly fool and I am not being hypothetical as well.

Your mother deserves to be owed salary for being so foolish as to not see the scammer she voted in as governor

You must suffer the consequences of your collective foolishness.

Niger Delta oil is not meant to solve all your parasitic needs and mistakes.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by CaptPlanet(m): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2015
Bail them out for the sake of the civil servants they're owing and their families.

This is what happens when you "keep a goat close to a yam". *In Gej's voice*

This should be serve as stern/final warning to those lackadaisical governors.

Next time should be prison after enough probing.

Ogbeni Rauf, how market

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by CSTR2: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2015
I will never forgive the niger-delta governors if they allow buhari waste our money.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by shakaZuIlu: 10:14am On Jun 13, 2015
Generalkorex:

busted

my guy na your boy oo but no shout oo because here i remain the invisible anonymous general Bloodykiller cheesy

aka Opiaoku, Devilhimself, kingofdemons, shakazullu, etc
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 13, 2015
arsetalks:
Imo and Enugu also need a bail out. Did you read? And last time I checked, ND is still part of Nigeria.

What is my business with Imo or Enugu?

Get used to poverty in osun because Niger Delta will either pullout completely or control more of her own resources

Parasites

1 Like

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by nortcentrallord(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2015
It's a welcome development but I thought they said the federal account is empty? From which source is the federal government going to bail out the states? I think all states should bail out themselves. It will put all the stupid governors on deck and wake them from their slumber. We must start taking the needed step to fiscal federalism then finally true federalism.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by igbsam(m): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2015
patrick89:
what kind of country are we operating? Why should these states get any bail out? If they are not going to sustain the state. They should shut the state down.. Let them collapse to another state.. This kind of thing is really annoying. PMB should not try that shit! It is a no no for me!!

You should know that the masses are the ones suffering all this. So the bailout is a welcome development
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Generalkorex(m): 10:18am On Jun 13, 2015
shakaZuIlu:

my guy na your boy oo but no shout oo because here i remain the invisible anonymous general Bloodykiller cheesy

aka Opiaoku, Devilhimself, kingofdemons, shakazullu, etc
sha no come perform boko haram here
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by arsetalks(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

What is my business with Imo or Enugu?

Get used to poverty in osun because Niger Delta will either pullout completely or control more of her own resources

Parasites
And the idiiota is probably working under a yoruba or leaving in yoruba land.

Continue shouting on nairaland. Thats all you can do.
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 13, 2015
arsetalks:
And the idiiota is probably working under a yoruba or leaving in yoruba land.

Continue shouting on nairaland. Thats all you can do.

Lolz.

Me work for an Yoruba slave?

I am my own man and own my own business in Delta and Abuja.

Try another one, you national beggar.

2 Likes

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by erisegun: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2015
patrick89:
what kind of country are we operating? Why should these states get any bail out? If they are not going to sustain the state. They should shut the state down.. Let them collapse to another state.. This kind of thing is really annoying. PMB should not try that shit! It is a no no for me!!
werey ni e undecided
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by erisegun: 10:34am On Jun 13, 2015
CSTR2:
I will never forgive the niger-delta governors if they allow buhari waste our money.
kee ya sef* ode
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by anonimi: 10:36am On Jun 13, 2015
I thought the 'strong, incorruptible man of integrity' will recover the monies stolen by the governors and JAIL them.
Was that not why we voted him

Maybe the writer dey confuse JAIL with bail otherwise.........

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2512068_ummismellliesmeme_jpegc038ac5b0c6b017841d4cfc0748257bd
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Nobody: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2015
When oil price plummets more, even the Federal Government will need bail out. Is it not time for States to start searching for how to generate revenue from investments ? You can not tax citizens that you have no social welfare for, you have no roads for them and no social security. Even Federal Government should stop bailing them out, allow them the luxury of thinking and planning.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by arsetalks(m): 10:38am On Jun 13, 2015
BackDatAssUp:

Lolz.

Me work for an Yoruba slave?

I am my own man and own my own business in Delta and Abuja.

Try another one, you national beggar.
proper idiota. Abuja is part of Delta too?
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by CSTR2: 10:39am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Salary Crisis: Buhari To Bail Out States - Ortom by Pque(m): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2015
Olamitisoji:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/salary-crisis-buhari-to-bail-out-states/

why is it that there is no prompt accountability by Governors b4 their final exit. If they are unable to give reasonable account, they should be push straight into the prison. The state ought to have set auditors for that singular purpose, finacial accountability and if guilty, imprisonment.

Anyway that debt I'am seeing is sucidal. Africa, Nigeria, the only country where where principal thieves walk free and minor thieves are imprisoned. If this article is true, Buhari and his government have a lot to do or is this how we will continue to fold our hands while things are done upside down and our complaints will always end as media rantings. Beside, what are our legislature doing if not to check the excess of the executive or are they partying in the house dancing shoki after they have also been bribed! Just one day is for the owner of the house, everyday may be for the thief!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afenifere To Sunday Igboho: You Lack Power To Issue Quit Ultimatum / FG Seeks Abolition Of Visa Requirement Among D-8 Member Countries / Buhari And Wife, Aisha Celebrate Their Granddaughter's Birthday (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.