Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review (41104 Views)

Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office / #OperationCallYourSenators: Senators Express Displeasure With Their Callers / Rivers Residents Express Mixed Reactions To Tribunal’s Sack Of Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by salbis(m): 7:43pm On Jun 13, 2015
Real agents of change I guess!
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by SealLumidee: 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
erm...I thought we were talking about pay cut here
huthority01:
The governing party All Progressive Congress (APC) has launched new moves to takeover Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara, Daily Times reports.

The fresh offensive is to allow the ruling party make up for the loss it suffered in the legislative arm against to the opposition Peoples Democratic make (PDP) which saw APC aspirants losing in the bid National Assembly leadership despite having majority lawmakers.
A caucus of the party’s officials, led by APC’s National Chairman make Odigie-Oyegun after the meeting on June 11, Thursday resolved to regain the leadership of both legislative chambers.
The chieftains of the party want to ensure that Gbajabiamila becomes as House Leader.
While it is not certain who among the APC Senators the party will present to run the Senate’s make position, indications are widespread that the leadership was already in touch with President make Buhari on the matter.

The angriest in the APC on the development in the National Assembly is that of Senator Bola Tinubu, considered to have been the source of strength of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Gbajabiamila, both of whom lost out their bid in the legislative arm of administration.
Senator Bukola Saraki who was endorsed by the opposition became the Senate President
while the PDP’s member Ike Ekweremadu emerged Deputy Senate President.
Also, Yakubu Dogara who was supported by the PDP trounced APC’s preferred candidate for House Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Silva79(f): 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
that stupid zamfara senator that has poverty written all over his state doesn't want a paycut.... isi oku

3 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Autolord: 7:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Thieves
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
There are mixed feelings because they are all corrupt leaders and thieves! angry angry angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by ogdada: 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2015
Booked
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by olalekan1(m): 7:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
This senator Marafa is a fool. Why can he tell us right away instead of directing us to banks when he is sure the banks will never release such information to a third party. The fool don calcuate how much he will earn in his first term as a senator...SMH

8 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by seunfape(m): 7:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
sammieguze:
Amen.... Fire! cheesy
Jesus,fire and thurder.hmmm.u dy vex
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by 9jatatafo(m): 7:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
That senator telling us to go to bank to know how much they are paid is a very greedy fellow. He is serving the people and he should tell us how much he earns. What arrant nonsense from him. It seems Sen Bruce and Malaye are on good course.

6 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Whether they like it or not there must be pay cut in their salaries and allowances in whatever guise.
2nded & lasted
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Dollyak(f): 7:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
If the pats is not reduced, people should storm their office
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by doctokwus: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Whether they like it or not there must be pay cut in their salaries and allowances in whatever guise.
Is it really possible with this Saraki led senate following the error of judgement on the president's part concerning his election?
Remember,the truth is that its in d allowances,particularly the constituency allowances that these senators make a kill,not the actual salary per se.
How would PMB be able to make a Saraki led senate to agree for eg that these allowances should not go into their personal accounts but directly for the projects and whatever else its allocated for?Its nigh impossible under this Saraki/PDP led senate.
There is a way to get things around the senate,if only PMB would drop his 'more democrat than democracy' approach and apply the 'Obasanjo formula', but I doubt PMB would, when he has already ceded his no nonsense approach, @ least that's how I read his initial actions.
PMB must however be ready to confront these rogues in the NASS with the 'iron fist but dexterity approach',less it would be biz as usual in the legislative chambers.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by BizBayo: 8:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lousymouth:
Those people mo go gree ooo.... They need to pay pack their loans,godfather nd plan for future elections.... What we need is part-time Lawmakers nd pay as yu go senators.... Not this over bloated assembly we are running...

I like this concept. Not just doing nothing and earning much. You get paid when u're needed.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Pesuzok(m): 8:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
so why is the senator saying we should find out from the bank...yeye dey smell
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 13, 2015
Waiting to see the thieves who would oppose the motion.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Teenaira: 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2015
Nigerian should start asking questions from their (s)elected politicians.

To start with, should we have the so called constituency project / allowance knowing fully well what will happen to such allowances / projects. If a legislator is carrying out constituency project, are we expected to have a second set of legislators who will carry out oversight functions on such projects ? Is there no danger of these legislators abandoning their core function of legislation to become executives themselves to manage such projects ? I want to believe our legislators are actually super executives whose project are not overseen by anybody !!!

The truth is that nobody among the legislators actually want to be a legislator, they prefer being executives because that is really where the actions are if you know what I mean. Infact, a lot of them find the chairs in the legislative chamber very comfortable for a good day nap as we see them on our television screen. The strength of a government should actually be in the legislative chamber where men of goodwill will collaboratively discuss and review burning issues of national appeal. Unfortunately, Unfortunately and unfortunately, that is not to be.

I will like to see a legislator in Nigeria in my life time who will be prepared to earn the minimum wage then I will dove my hat and say a BIG THANK YOU . Till then. Yours only.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Burger01(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
Mega2010:
Most of them are there to enrich themselves....cut the Damn salary and allowance and that will reduce election violence to the barest minimum
^^^
Exactly!

Luggi007:
Thunder go fire anybody that kicks against this pay cut in Jesus name.
^^^
Ameen! Thunder firefire!cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by pallyking(m): 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
Senator Marafa is one of those who think that public office is a gold-mine.

How much lawmakers are paid is no secret. It is huge by any standard, which Nigeria cannot afford.

He should spare himself the ridiculous chorus of "ask the bank".

What was wrong with him telling reporters what his take-home pay was?

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by lexy2014: 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
huthority01:
The governing party All Progressive Congress (APC) has launched new moves to takeover Senate President Bukola Saraki and the Speaker of House of Representatives Yakubu Dogara, Daily Times reports.

The fresh offensive is to allow the ruling party make up for the loss it suffered in the legislative arm against to the opposition Peoples Democratic make (PDP) which saw APC aspirants losing in the bid National Assembly leadership despite having majority lawmakers.
A caucus of the party’s officials, led by APC’s National Chairman make Odigie-Oyegun after the meeting on June 11, Thursday resolved to regain the leadership of both legislative chambers.
The chieftains of the party want to ensure that Gbajabiamila becomes as House Leader.
While it is not certain who among the APC Senators the party will present to run the Senate’s make position, indications are widespread that the leadership was already in touch with President make Buhari on the matter.

The angriest in the APC on the development in the National Assembly is that of Senator Bola Tinubu, considered to have been the source of strength of Senator Ahmed Lawan and Gbajabiamila, both of whom lost out their bid in the legislative arm of administration.
Senator Bukola Saraki who was endorsed by the opposition became the Senate President
while the PDP’s member Ike Ekweremadu emerged Deputy Senate President.
Also, Yakubu Dogara who was supported by the PDP trounced APC’s preferred candidate for House Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila.
what has all this grammar got 2do with d topic?

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by anytexy: 8:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
lexy2014:
what has all this grammar got 2do with d topic?
I tire ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
It's pretty hard to take pay cut as an employee especially when you, your household and benefactors have become used to living bogusly. During austere times people must adapt to frugality. I don't support their heavy unjustifiable remunerations.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
President is working smiley
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by hassymo5(m): 8:25pm On Jun 13, 2015
These legislotters are making noise ,,pls make wuna publish wuna entire salary.... why is ur salary always secret....

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Emilokoiyawon: 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2015
Legislooters should earn minimum wage nothing more. Legislooters have no business traveling abroad when there is an infinite amount of work here at home do start working on. Legislooters must be judged by how many citizens in their districts have been lifted from poverty to decent living since they were elected. Legislooters must be treated by the Nigerian health structure they have designed for the rest of us - no more doctor visits to England, US, Indian etc.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Diffdeef(m): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Lol
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by otokx(m): 8:33pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pay cut they must or we shall not take them seriously.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Dollyak(f): 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
PastorJohnny:
It's pretty hard to take pay cut as an employee especially when you, your household and benefactors have become used to living bogusly. During austere times people must adapt to frugality. I don't support their heavy unjustifiable remunerations.
The difference is that, they are living in excess. So there are no changes to their lifestyle except a little dip in their savings.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by armadeo(m): 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
FOOL!!!

what sort of retarded senator is this Kabir Marafa? why not just say how much you earn instead of saying Nigerians should go to the banks and ask and then come and discuss with them.

its just like saying i should go to the bank and ask who has the most money in an account or how much does an individual have. doesn't he know that the bank is holding unto privileged information and can be sued for breach of contract. Why is it so difficult for them to come out and say this is the TOTAL amount i receive when " Godwins" at the month end. why the secrecy and mystery shrouding their enumeration, they release only basic salary as if we are daft. we know all the multiplications of basic salary that leads to the final " ALERT".

Thumbs up to ben bruce and dino melaye, I only hope this aint initial gra gra.

Now let me rant.....

WTF is hardship allowance
How on earth does someone buy newspapers worth 1 million in a month even more expensive than his domestic staff
why the f..k should we pay you to entertain your guest that's insane
The vehicle allowances have me confused completely i dont understand that one.

you politicians the thunder/lightening was in traffic and has come down to enter bike......

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 13, 2015
sammieguze:
Amen.... Fire! cheesy
Seconded

Cc bacarnista
CR7
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by wilson71: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Parliament To Debate Nnamdi Kanu's Repatriation To Nigeria / Solomon Dalong Drinking Tea By Roadside (Photos) / Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.