Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,212 members, 7,815,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review (41107 Views)

Reactions Over Rats In President Buhari's Office / #OperationCallYourSenators: Senators Express Displeasure With Their Callers / Rivers Residents Express Mixed Reactions To Tribunal’s Sack Of Governor Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by bunmititi(f): 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2015
nobody can cut the salary of the 2015 senators!
the salary is part of their conditions of service when they applied to work for us.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 13, 2015
Accept a downward review of your take home or go home. What are you even legislating even we in Nairaland can't do better that makes you want to suck us dry. More legislative work that aren't heard happen on this forum 24/7 and we don't get paid.
You work couple of days a month and want to hold the nation at ransom.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Adesiji77: 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2015
midolian:
Why is he still referring the reporter to the bank? Why can't he say it? cheesy cheesy

Very insincere set of pple.

grin

Don't mind him....as if the banks are under obligation to provide the information.

He must have thought that the reporters are stoopid cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Firefire(m): 8:47pm On Jun 13, 2015
PassingShot:
Whether they like it or not there must be pay cut in their salaries and allowances in whatever guise.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by spencekat(m): 8:50pm On Jun 13, 2015
Cut it drastically.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2015
Even if Federal Govt. wants to remove just 1 Naira from their salaries and allowances, they would be against it.... bunch of bloody thieves!

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Mbediogu(m): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ndlistic:

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/senators-express-mixed-reactions-over-pay-review/

What has any Senator done for the ppl with constituency fund? It is conduit for fraud and should be stopped forthwith.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by pBuhari(f): 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
thieves in the chamber

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Emyogalanya: 8:56pm On Jun 13, 2015
If only this bruce lee guy will be president of this country he has passion for the common man on the street

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
Dollyak:

The difference is that, they are living in excess. So there are no changes to their lifestyle except a little dip in their savings.

Your view isn't inaccurate. However, lifestyles are created side by side one's means. Nigeria being what it is with so many extended family dependents swarming around you when your egg hatches, you might appreciate what I meant earlier if you wore my kind of viewing glasses. True that savings would wind down, so would lifestyle. Pay cut isn't an easy war for HR fellas in any organisation.
Back to the matter, Nigeria needs to put a sharp knife through our politicians' share of our national cake.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by maxtamazin: 9:05pm On Jun 13, 2015
Constituency allowance? Stupid fools. ..what is the point of that allowance. What are they doing that the governors can't do with their own allocation? Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Realist2: 9:10pm On Jun 13, 2015
midolian:
Why is he still referring the reporter to the bank? Why can't he say it? cheesy cheesy

The never want to disclose their salary, because Nigerians will be very surprise at it. You hear any Nigeria lawmakers reveal their pay.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Realist2: 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
midolian:

The never want to disclose their salary, because Nigerians will be very surprise at it. You Will never hear any Nigeria lawmakers reveal their pay.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by darediamond(m): 9:13pm On Jun 13, 2015
Amen but you are. In effect cursing that most useless and greedy man in Nigeria Obasanjo.
That man ougth bé bé jailed for life or better still hung in the public and televised nationwide on NTA.
He was the one who started enslavement of we youths with the kicstarting of "Contract Staff" he Obasanjo was the main person who Converted Constituency Allocation (given to the Senators to develope the area they Represent) to "Constituency Allowance" during is 3rd term agenda.
I do not know why Bola Ige protected this man in prison sef going by what he Baba Bola Ige and other true Yoruba Leadears knows about him to bé a Traitor and Conspirator.
He never for a time in his life love any Nigerian. Expecially the poor.
No, unless you change O.B.J before it is too late (can he even change at all), the time of and hand of Abachalike rutlessness shall revisit you in Jesus name.
Amen
Luggi007:
Thunder go fire anybody that kicks against this pay cut in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by dotwyz: 9:14pm On Jun 13, 2015
Pls what exactly are these clueness senator's trying to spoking out of their corroptible mouth? But sha bad belle people won't recognized them self until exposition come. But i beleive by the time the PMB will started his vaconia attitude with all of you, you will found it so anxiously, because he will not allow you to tarnished his spotless name. Because his trying to optimized nigeria economic while you are fighting for ur belle.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by 989900: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2015
When asked how much a Senator earns he still referred the reporter to find out from the banks.

cheesy Barawo! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by darediamond(m): 9:20pm On Jun 13, 2015
As simple as that dear!
You are so on point.
Dollyak:
If the pats is not reduced, people should storm their office
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Amazo: 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ndlistic:

Source:http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/senators-express-mixed-reactions-over-pay-review/

Does our / any democracy really need dozens of senators and house representatives? Imagine how the cost of governance will astronomically reduce if these over-bloated superfluous organs are cut out or at least cut down to an affordable size. It's high time democracy evolved. These two chambers are dispensable with negligible impact on the efficiency of governance. Sure, we need checks-and-balances system in place for the fact that absolute power corrupts absolutely but this can be achieved without these perpetual money-draining leak pipes.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Ademascot: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
marafa pls u can't truncate our change policy better u support now or else resign. sai change

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by freekick: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2015
Amen fire
Luggi007:
Thunder go fire anybody that kicks against this pay cut in Jesus name.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by allosteric: 9:24pm On Jun 13, 2015
The first casualty of the pay cut should be the constituency allowance of N500,000,000 per senator and N300,000,000 per member HOR, annually since 1999!

We all came from various communities but I bet none can say there's anything to show for that huge sum of money except the senators' personal houses and business centers.

The wastage of hard earned resources and tax payers monies by governors and chairmen & women in LGAs should also be addressed. The case of Senator Bukola Saraki's father collecting N10,000,000 from the Chairmen of LGAs in Kwara state on monthly basis through out his tenure as the governor of that state, needs a revisit. So also all the other states of the federation including but not limited to the Sultan, Emirs, Obas of Lagos, Oyo, Benin, Egba, Ijebu and others too numerous to mention.

Sitting allowance should also be axed or tied to some achievements, after all they requested to be voted in so as to sit and legislate people-oriented and progressive laws!

3 Likes

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by friends4ever(m): 9:39pm On Jun 13, 2015
Constituency allowance and monthly salary are the same prelude...you guys just installmentised it to deceive ordinary citizens.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by chaxking(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
funlord:
grin
Abeg my cousin just enter house of reps this week, make dem leave the wages till next june at least make I hammer small! Given the same chance all of una go wish the same, as 4 the haters I no send una!
lazy ass like u are d ones killing dis country, go nd work nd stop been dependent. Just so u know u are on your own, ur cousin is not ur dad or mum. Grow up homs
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by chaxking(m): 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
funlord:
grin
Abeg my cousin just enter house of reps this week, make dem leave the wages till next june at least make I hammer small! Given the same chance all of una go wish the same, as 4 the haters I no send una!
lazy ass like u are d ones killing dis country, go nd work nd stop been dependent. Just so u know u are on your own, ur cousin is not ur dad or mum. Grow up homs...
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by ugoezeik(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
funlord:
grin
jux giv me 24hrs u must b arrested n prosecuted for dis. so u r telling him to steal ehhh? gods r watching u

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by GideonVIBES(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2015
Whenever i hear or see Nigerians give their veiws,i cant stop imagining how after 55 years,the citizens still fall prey to cheap political processes,strategies,propaganda's,etc,nigerians CANT do anything about how much our senators earn,not even d president does.only d senate has d right to reveiw d act.A political officers salaries and allowances makes only 10% of his earnings.we have problems bigger than this issue,and d worst of it is that many thinks one GMB can stamp everything out,by just making a tv broadcast and decreeing an end to corruption.AM SORRY TO SAY THIS BUT 98% OF NIGERIANS,does not even know the nations problem.SECONDLY;we should know our politicians are not doing a work for charity,go round d world politics is a lucrative business.

1 Like

Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by scentmarlc(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2015
Ndlistic:

**spreads mat**

Abeg @op wake me up wen dey all agree to the cut.....i go break

MR NL2015 I REP #TeamScentmarlc
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 13, 2015
midolian:

Even if he says it, Nigerians will still not accept it.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by Ebukaokeke25: 10:07pm On Jun 13, 2015
I love dis! Coming from our legislators demselves.quite plaudable.
Re: Senators Express Mixed Reactions Over Pay Review by jamace(m): 10:15pm On Jun 13, 2015
Good. I like this. Legislooters own don done. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aso Rock Cabal Asks Buhari To Place Tinubu On Security Watch List Before 2023 / Scores Of Boko Haram Insurgents Killed At Sambisa / Buhari Imposes Total Lockdown On Kano For Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.