Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,947 members, 7,814,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26326 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Dotwillis1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hahahahahahaha cheesy

Is that what you think ? cheesy
is it a falsehood? smiley
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by teejaypee: 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mehnnn. Cant even remember o
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Aspiregreat: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
God don catch you today :tongue

The q should be in capital letter

It's supposed to be Queen's English not queens English cheesy

More so, you omitted an apostrophe (') after Queen

Yea I knew, I will definitely add those things when its time to write...... However its not noticeable vocally.......

#I speak Queen's English..... tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2015
Minet16:
and I being a type of person that is
allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the
terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's
eardrums

Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.

The whole place went silent and I was very happy
my player was answered.

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

come tosyne2much what's with all this your blunders na?? in fact, WHICH FACULTY YOU DE??

Hahahahahahaha roflwkmd oga calm down cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
chowlade:
My threads has reached d front page three times before i noticed i had commited huge grammatical blunders. who can still remember?
Na dis one dey pain pass

Most times, I start seeing my errors the moment my threads get to the HQ when modification cannot be made cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Harvard13(m): 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
i think the funniest i remember was at a match viewing spot in school. one guy just shouted. "shut up, chelsea go win the CHAMPION league! dead!! it was so funny d way he said it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Aspiregreat: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
Galacious1:
English aint my mother's tongue, so fvck ursef if u hate my 'gbagaun'.

Hey friend, I could lecture you on Queen's English tongue....
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Omotayor123(f): 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Minet16:
and I being a type of person that is allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's eardrums
Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.
The whole place went silent and I was very happy my player was answered.

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

@MINET16
Untop all the proof reading.....

You bad oooooo. Tosin another Gbagaun recorded...

grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Aspiregreat: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2015
Harvard13:
i think the funniest i remember was at a match viewing spot in school.
one guy just shouted. "shut up, chelsea go win the CHAMPION league!
dead!! it was so funny d way he said it

one guy........I could lecture you on Queen's English...... tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Chrisx1x(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have never did such mistake in my life.am serious
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hahahahahahaha roflwkmd oga calm down cheesy

lol guy you no no say we don tay for the system of gbagoun
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Omotayor123:

grin grin grin
haahahahhahaha
Obviously it's a typo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Omotayor123:

grin grin grin

lol tnx miss, but am good thou, not bad
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Chrisx1x:
I have never did such mistake in my life.am serious
Oga u sef don fuccck up ooooo cheesy

It's done not did

*Past participle* cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 6:10pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
haahahahhahaha

Obviously it's a typo cheesy

which i saw with my EYES wide open... well i was just saying "this Tosyne2much own don 2 much sef, i must catch am" which i gladly did.

@ MINET16
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Aspiregreat: 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2015
Omotayor123:

You bad oooooo.
Tosin another Gbagaun recorded...

grin grin
grin

tongue
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
Can one really commit a grammatical blunder in his/her native language except wrong pronunciation of words?
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Can one really commit a grammatical blunder in his/her native language except wrong pronunciation of words?
Very possible now

That's not new
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Harvard13(m): 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aspiregreat:

one guy, a guy. all correct. proove one guy wrong biko
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Harvard13:
do u also have 'igbo tongue'? cos u used "player" instead of "prayer"
Accent not tongue.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Harvard13(m): 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
Aspiregreat:

there is a difference between pidgin and grammatical blunder mr lecturer!
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Harvard13(m): 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Accent not tongue.
did u see the inverted comma i put before writing it? do u know d reason? do u even know what an accent us BTW?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Very possible now

That's not new
Hah! I've not made any grammatical blunder in my native language even though I can't speak it fluently, except wrong pronunciation of words and mixing some with English.

Dialects differs, by the way.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Harvard13:

did u see the inverted comma i put before writing it? do u know d reason? do u even know what an accent us BTW?
Igbo "tongue" is a slang and slang isn't acceptable in English.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Igbo "tongue" is a slang and slang isn't acceptable in English.

Intelligent reply "young soul"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by darfay: 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Me I don't be gbagauning o after all don't we be alumus of otuoke grammatical schooling.
Op mama peace say are should tell you to korn2new since it is not only you dat waka come.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by niceguy7(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Naaaah.
Never ever.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
mifavour:
Here to read comments and laugh
yeah, same here. Hw r yu doing, fresh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by fatdon2(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kenoz(m): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Just here to read comments
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bigtt76(f): 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yeeeeehs instead of Years cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by chiedu7: 9:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
[size=14pt]DEM WAN CHOP UNA PRESIDENT AS DEM CHOP UNA FORMER FIRST LADY
GMB GRAMMAR NA WA
[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Students Pour Paint On Two UNIZIK Graduates (Photos) / Poly Ibadan Bans Students From Carrying "Cross Bags" / Mother & Son Bag MSc From UNILAG (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.