Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,940 members, 7,814,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26325 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.
smh I am born in Englishland
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by ybalogs(m): 9:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Minet16:
and I being a type of person that is
allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the
terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's
eardrums

Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.

The whole place went silent and I was very happy
my player was answered.
Why is you shown yourself on NL? You must correct tire today ooo. Ogbeni Oyinbo

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

come tosyne2much what's with all this your blunders na?? in fact, WHICH FACULTY YOU DE??

lol like i just did

@MINET16
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by intrinsicniyi(m): 9:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:
in my school even if you are sleeping and someone drops the bomb.. The person would wake and laugh.. To show how every one is alert to bombs grin

OAU, Ile Ife ah guess...
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by piicity(m): 9:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
I remember when i joined nl and i post topic without reading rule and they called me daughter of mama peace

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by stainless40: 9:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.
i AM born in ENGLISHLAND. lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by VickyRotex(f): 9:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
I have a culprit here. My dearest Iyangbali. wink

See below, e.g of her numerous Gbagauns shocked

IYANGBALI:
thank you.I readed english in the university,that is why i always spoke good english,i doesn't like people spoking bad english like mama peace around me,it maked me feel bad. Most people on nairaland does not knows how to spoke good english,it is just very few of us that knows how to spoke correct english,even seun does not spoke english well,i always correction him.I am thinking of opening a school where people will be thoughted how to spoke correct english.

Although I know sey na joke ooo cheesy

Iyangbali, is a professor of Anglais. grin

What about eleko1? shocked that one is worse angry grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by oismail(m): 9:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
I will regard twitter as being "public". My grammatical error was bad as in terrible
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tuffgongjo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:
Can one really commit a grammatical blunder in his/her native language except wrong pronunciation of words?
A Native speaker can only make "A Mistake" while learner commits " An Error".
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kennynelcon(m): 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Radio callers... especially wazobia fm callers grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Ifeconwaba(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
God don catch you today :tongue

The q should be in capital letter

It's supposed to be Queen's English not queens English cheesy

More so, you omitted an apostrophe (') after Queen
3rd class professor. You correction don dee too much
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by omojeesu(m): 9:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
I was a new student in an 'ajebota' school, having come from an 'ajepaki' school. My first day in school the class teacher who taught English language asked why I didn't do a particular test. In reply, I said 'I am not here then' and the entire class exploded in laughter making gun shooting sounds.

I was later conferred with titles such as 'Rabon Zolo', 'rebon dele' and 'the fastest gun man from the west'. Today, I know better and still learning.

However, how good are we with our own indigenous languages and dialects which have become vernacular in our own land; and for which students are punished for if spoken on school premises?

Language is the centre of any people and culture. Take it away the people lose their identity. Colonialism has taken its toll on our languages in Black Africa.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Melasam(f): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
Sure! Right here in nairaland
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by owolawitola(f): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
When I was in js3, I was talking to my friends about Barbie and I was like 'those dogs were irritated me'. Loool I just wanted to die. Cause Dansol students are mean!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by zobasky24k(m): 9:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
Can't forget my time at unn..we use to watch ball at d common room..na there u go here all kinds of grammatical bomb...one guy ,a Chelsea fan once made a remark about drogba.....ND I quote "I love drogba..he is such a prolific striker. He scored 3 goals in one MATCHES...ND I can't forget my very good friend uc ...he also made a remark abt d best student in their class...ND I quote him.."emeka is such an astounding student..he dosnt come to class yet he always comes out on top,I don't know how he DO it..

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by cirmuell(m): 9:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:
in my school even if you are sleeping and someone drops the bomb.. The person would wake and laugh.. To show how every one is alert to bombs grin
Buhahaha grin; Odikwa serious.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by blackjack21(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before[b] I am born in Englishland.[/b]
I was born in English land grin

21:42:49
Sun, Jun 14, 2015
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Toks2008(m): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
Still waiting for the day i will make mistakes without quickly correcting myself or where i will be laughed at in public.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Lasgidy1(m): 9:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
wristwatch:
cool

During my 100 level days as the class rep, the lecturer said I should warn my colleagues to maintain decorum.

However I told them to "Stop roaming about" as I will be at the "Extreme end" to note those making noise.

Buhahahaha. Dem call me "rep of gbagaun" from that day.
Lol. Extreme end is like saying reverse back

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mirabell23(f): 9:54pm On Jun 14, 2015
not really a blunder..buh I was so embarrassed..' it's high time you left'' mehnnn ma neighbors were laughing,all thru d day I was in my room..asked if that statement was correct in sch..and surprisingly it was...I was like wtf
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by ikorodureporta: 9:55pm On Jun 14, 2015
Back then when Basketmouth was in school, during thoz noisy-yabbing hours....na so one teacher jst dey come, everybody scatter as usual to their tenth. Naeim Basket go hang somewhere & the teacher said: 'Bright, who put you here?' & he responded: ''sir, you putted me here'' grin grin grin *united*

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by nautybride: 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
About 10years ago as a fresh undergraduate, I pronounced Ghanian as Ghananian during an argument. Na so dem look my face like as fluent as you are. Na one guy i neva forget "MOSES" use style pronounce am well in his reply. I respect that guy die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Lasgidy1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 14, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:

* did a mistake?
* I am born?
* Englishland?

Well you just made at least 3 mistakes
Don't mind dat He-goat jor

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by XwhY(m): 10:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
It was in my Secondary school days, the assistant class captain (female) asked me 'how old are you'. I wanted to be sure of what she asked of and I said ' how old are me?' She just started laughing out @ me and repeating it so other student can hear. ...English suffer me those days...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Emilokoiyawon: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nigerians as a whole should be less interested in how well they speak a foreign language and more interested in how well they speak their own languages and promote their own cultures. Countries and societies that embrace their own cultures and traditions fare far better than countries that go out of their way to show their colonial masters that they are good colonies by mimicking the cultures of their colonial masters. Its even sad today that some Nigerians consider it 'uncool' to know and speak local dialects. We are bringing up a generation of young Nigerians who take pride in not been able to speak any African language but brag about how well they can speak the queen's English. The same thing applies to religion. Nigerians are all too quick to accept foreign religions like Christianity/Islam but ashamed to even appreciate the religious traditions of their ancestors let alone practice it. As a matter of fact some Nigerians take pride in destroying the religious artifacts of their culture - go to the east and see how all these Igbo Christians are burning down traditional shrines and sculptures all in the name of been committed Christians. Its common knowledge all over the world than when it comes to Christianity Nigerians are one of the most religious people on earth. However, it makes one wonder how effective the Christian/Islam god really is if Nigerians are still suffering in their hundreds of millions. And how come atheist countries like Denmark, Sweden and Norway have the world's highest standard of living? Even the British, who brought Christianity to Nigerians, are now about 50% atheists and their citizens live far better lives than Nigerians. Why are the white people running away from the religion to brought to Africans? If a man gives you advice he doesn't follow then its time for you to begin to question that advice - I believe that its time for more and more Nigerians to begin to question the Christian and Muslim religion that was brought to them by people who did not wish them well.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Corn99(m): 10:08pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
I had never did (made a ) mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.
nd for ur info u've maded one
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by eleko1: 10:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin cheesy grin grin wink grin
Omotayor123:
Me: Excuse me ma, Are you the new English Teacher here
Teacher: Yes I Are.....grin

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Misternas89(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:
Hehehehehehe, I swear u got me laffin here, Shey d person wey dey sleep go wake up 2 laff n den go back to sleep ni? OMG very funny

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by BLOTRS: 10:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yes! Just yesterday when i told my friends that president merkel (sorry Michelle) is the president of west Germany...na race i pick afterwards.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by edigas1996: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
edigas1996:
Hahahahahahaha cheesy

[i]
all the same no one is above english bunders
shocked

www.edigas.com.ng
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by eleko1: 10:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed sad I schooled in france,nah slate and apoti we dey carry go lesson afta sch.
VickyRotex:
I have a culprit here. My dearest Iyangbali. wink

See below, e.g of her numerous Gbagauns shocked

Although I know sey na joke ooo cheesy

Iyangbali, is a professor of Anglais. grin

What about eleko1? shocked that one is worse angry grin
Grammar nah by forsi sad angry undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Slimmos(m): 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
can u shout GBAGAUN if Dangote says to u '' Male me ur account number''?

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by babyfaceafrica: 10:23pm On Jun 14, 2015
Our attitudes to such issues matters a lot...above all let us just make sure we learn from our mistakes..it is very pertinent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Students Pour Paint On Two UNIZIK Graduates (Photos) / Poly Ibadan Bans Students From Carrying "Cross Bags" / Mother & Son Bag MSc From UNILAG (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.