Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26322 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 12:05am On Jun 15, 2015
piicity:
I remember when i joined nl and i post topic without reading rule and they called me daughter of mama peace
That's the nature of the forum bro cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 12:08am On Jun 15, 2015
zobasky24k:
Can't forget my time at unn..we use to watch ball at d common room..na there u go here all kinds of grammatical bomb...one guy ,a Chelsea fan once made a remark about drogba.....ND I quote "I love drogba..he is such a prolific striker. He scored 3 goals in one MATCHES... ND I can't forget my very good friend uc ...he also made a remark abt d best student in their class...ND I quote him.."emeka is such an astounding student..he dosnt come to class yet he always comes out on top,I don't know how he DO it..
Hahahahahaha roflwkmd cheesy

I don use laf wake ppl here oooo cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 12:13am On Jun 15, 2015
XwhY:
It was in my Secondary school days, the assistant class captain (female) asked me 'how old are you'. I wanted to be sure of what she asked of and I said ' how old are me?' She just started laughing out @ me and repeating it so other student can hear. ...English suffer me those days...
Hahahahahaha cheesy

This is hilarious cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by israelBigFame(m): 12:18am On Jun 15, 2015
I remember Back then when I was in 100lv, I wanted to ask my roommate what he was studying in school, so I just said are you an Architecture? embarassed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 12:18am On Jun 15, 2015
Minet16:

which i saw with my EYES wide open... well i was just saying "this Tosyne2much own don 2 much sef, i must catch am" which i gladly did.

@ MINET16
Hehehe cheesy

Bad guy cool

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 12:23am On Jun 15, 2015
INTROVERT:
NAIRALAND professors like correcting grin bashing.
We have many acclaimed English professors on the forum here cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kinibigdeal(m): 12:30am On Jun 15, 2015
Minet16:
and I being a type of person that is
allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the
terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's
eardrums

Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.

The whole place went silent and I was very happy
my player was answered.

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

come tosyne2much what's with all this your blunders na?? in fact, WHICH FACULTY YOU DE??

lol like i just did

@MINET16

Where your comma now bros?? grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kinibigdeal(m): 12:34am On Jun 15, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
NO

Bagged a Ph.D in English Language when I was 6

Should i called this "Pidgin or English language"?
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kinibigdeal(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by permsec: 1:01am On Jun 15, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
NO

Bagged a Ph.D in English Language at a tender age
yeah me too. Bagged mine at the age of 13. Bcame a prof @ the age of 16.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by AdetayoS(m): 1:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Mine happened during My 200 level days..returned back from school and wanted to say d school was scanty but ended up saying d school was scarce.lol...omo see laff..I felt like entering d ground
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by diamond365(f): 1:56am On Jun 15, 2015
I have encountered different issues in public, due to grammatical error.....hehehehehehehe...lmao. I will call it a day. it sucks to remember

ff me on instagram my handle is
https://instagram.com/diamondbite/

i will kindly follow back.

Thanks
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by abbeyty(m): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2015
Even queen is not perfect when it comes to spoken English.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Omotayor123(f): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2015
XwhY:
It was in my Secondary school days, the assistant class captain (female) asked me 'how old are you'. I wanted to be sure of what she asked of and I said ' how old are me?' She just started laughing out @ me and repeating it so other student can hear. ...English suffer me those days...
very funnygrin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Omotayor123(f): 4:28am On Jun 15, 2015
Corn99:
nd for ur info u've maded one
I guess it was intentionalgrin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bigfrancis21: 4:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Lmao!

I'm very good at catching people and their blunders. My friends and siblings know me too well for this. I don't spare any one nor temper judgement with mercy. grin

During my hostel days in the university in my third year, I had caught out all my roommates at one time or the other and each time the whole room would burst out in laughter. Hmmm. My roommates were always careful when speaking English and I am around for they knew that I knew no mercy. grin

There were soo many 'ogbus' being released by this particular roommate, Charles. Everyday, this guy will just be releasing one left and right. Ah ah. angry In fact, I made a list of all his 'ogbus' and pasted on our room wall for magnification. grin

One day a friend to a roommate came by to visit his friend, he usually comes around and sometimes partakes in the 'ogbu' laughter parades. Just before he entered, we were just laughing at one roommate who I had just called out over his English mistake or 'ogbu' in Igbo and we were laughing hysterically. Just as we getting tired of laughing, this my guy stepped in o, next thing that came out of his mouth was:

'what is funny you people? from downstairs I was hearing the voice of your smile'

Choi! Chisos ooo! shocked shocked

There was silence in the room for 3 seconds as I turned and looked at my roommates and next ALL OF US BURST OUT IN HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER FOR THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. In fact, we all ran out of our hostel room laughing loudly.

I turned to look for this my guy, nna this my guy don find em way tear run since...oso ben johnson. grin grin

The guy didn't visit us for the next 4 days...cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by staymore: 5:00am On Jun 15, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Lmao!

I'm very good at catching people and their blunders. My friends and siblings know me too well for this. I don't spare any one nor temper judgement with mercy. grin

During my hostel days in the university in my third year, I had caught out all my roommates at one time or the other and each time the whole room would burst out in laughter. Hmmm. My roommates were always careful when speaking English and I am around for they knew that I knew no mercy. grin

There were soo many 'ogbus' being released by this particular roommate, Charles. Everyday, this guy will just be releasing one left and right. Ah ah. angry In fact, I made a list of all his 'ogbus' and pasted on our room wall for magnification. grin

One day a friend to a roommate came by to visit his friend, he usually comes around and sometimes partakes in the 'ogbu' laughter parades. Just before he entered, we were just laughing at one roommate who I had just called out over his English mistake or 'ogbu' in Igbo and we were laughing hysterically. Just as we getting tired of laughing, this my guy stepped in o, next thing that came out of his mouth was:

'what is funny you people? from downstairs I was hearing the voice of your smile'

There was silence in the room for 3 seconds as I turned and looked at my roommates and next ALL OF US BURST OUT IN HYSTERICAL LAUGHTER FOR THE NEXT 10 MINUTES. In fact, we all ran out of our hostel room laughing loudly.

I turned to look for this my guy, nna this my guy don find em way tear run since...oso ben johnson. grin grin

...for they KNEW that you KNEW no mercy.

Thank you sir. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Dubemkelly(m): 5:18am On Jun 15, 2015
wristwatch:
cool

During my 100 level days as the class rep, the lecturer said I should warn my colleagues to maintain decorum.

However I told them to "Stop roaming about" as I will be at the "Extreme end" to note those making noise.

Buhahahaha. Dem call me "rep of gbagaun" from that day.

That wasn't any blunder..."extreme end is actually right" kindly check ur dictionary and see its uses
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by winetapper: 6:53am On Jun 15, 2015
ellahzy:

ur signature got me loling
grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Ositawap: 6:56am On Jun 15, 2015
And kid sister was like...I made a one mistake
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by skedy1(m): 7:02am On Jun 15, 2015
Me fail english Tha's unpossible!! Lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by daben1(m): 7:07am On Jun 15, 2015
Galacious1:
English aint my mother's tongue, so fvck ursef if u hate my 'gbagaun'.
''mother tongue'', not mother's tongue

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 7:12am On Jun 15, 2015
kinibigdeal:

Where your comma now bros?? grin

Guy small small, i no nid comma, i quote person, she u know
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Minet16(m): 7:17am On Jun 15, 2015
MEILYN:
I am good or I'm good. There is absolutely nothing like 'am good'.

lol baba you catch me
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2015
Galacious1:
English aint my mother's tongue, so fvck ursef if u hate my 'gbagaun'.
Englishman ur gbagaun no get part two ooooooo grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:31am On Jun 15, 2015
daben1:
''mother tongue'', not mother's tongue
omor dhiz guyz dey para ooo. Better make i dey use pidgin je-jely o

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mayusguy(m): 7:32am On Jun 15, 2015
grin grin grin 'i am born in englishland' grin cry
mifavour:

Hallelujah. *faints*
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by ChiSun27(m): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
God don catch you today :tongue

The q should be in capital letter

It's supposed to be Queen's English not queens English cheesy

More so, you omitted an apostrophe (') after Queen

God sef don catch u...

It is....after the Queen....and not after Queen... tongue

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tompat86(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2015
it happened to me way back in pry skool,i was asked to mkke sentence with "them" and all i could say was
"them they come"....lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by abtmaviz(m): 7:50am On Jun 15, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Lmao!

During my hostel days in the university in my third year, I had caught out all my roommates at one time or the other and each time the whole room would burst out in laughter. Hmmm. My roommates were always careful when speaking English and I am around for THEY KNEW THAT I KNEW no mercy. grin

I spot this one out. Thank you
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by admax(m): 7:55am On Jun 15, 2015
THANKS
MEILYN:
It is barracks and not barrack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Juniour WAEC Past Questions And Answers / Students Pour Paint On Two UNIZIK Graduates (Photos) / Poly Ibadan Bans Students From Carrying "Cross Bags"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.