Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26317 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by kinibigdeal(m): 8:03am On Jun 15, 2015
Minet16:

Guy small small, i no nid comma, i quote person, she u know

Hahahahahaha....i quote you too cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Collinsemegreat(m): 8:04am On Jun 15, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.
another blunder! Why not england!
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by danielayodele16(m): 8:16am On Jun 15, 2015
Minet16:
and I being a type of person that is
allergic to loud noises was uncomfortable with the
terrifying loud noise that one could burst one's
eardrums

Guy i cleaned "one" for you... you were not supposed to use it.

The whole place went silent and I was very happy
my player was answered.

dude its prayers not PLAYERS

come tosyne2much what's with all this your blunders na?? in fact, WHICH FACULTY YOU DE??

lol like i just did

@MINET16
@MINET16, u be correct odoyo
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Brainzcoded(m): 8:20am On Jun 15, 2015
It has happen to me b4 lolz in those days in secondary sch
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by DonaldGenes(m): 8:26am On Jun 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
Hahahahahahaha roflwkmd lmao cheesy

As in ehn !!!!

This is a delicate write-up you know cheesy
It takes a thief to catch a thief
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 8:49am On Jun 15, 2015
ChiSun27:

God sef don catch u...

It is....after the Queen....and not after Queen... tongue
Hahahaha cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Penssuwa(m): 8:50am On Jun 15, 2015
Akposy:
Yes.

I was in a gathering of guyz forming Mr. English.......i saw a friend passing by and i shouted why did u offed your phone instead of OFF...... Come see bashing
It is still ungrammatical to use 'off' in that sense. You cant off something, but u can switch off or turn off something.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by adekunletosin(m): 8:53am On Jun 15, 2015
Was going round in my school (international school...aje butter school) last week reminding my students to come and submit their assignment o o o. Suddenly one of the students made a statement that got me angry and i replied in angst mood ''WHAT DID I TOLD YOU'' the whole class shouted ehhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I quickly hold the boy responsible that he caused me to make that err.... Thats how i saved myself o....

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2015
Dubemkelly:

That wasn't any blunder..."extreme end is actually right" kindly check ur dictionary and see its uses
I bet to disagree bro

Extreme end is tautology

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:55am On Jun 15, 2015
wristwatch:
cool

During my 100 level days as the class rep, the lecturer said I should warn my colleagues to maintain decorum.

However I told them to "Stop roaming about" as I will be at the "Extreme end" to note those making noise.

Buhahahaha. Dem call me "rep of gbagaun" from that day.
There is no grammatical error in what you said.
It's correct to say "extreme end" just like it is to say "reason why"
It's neither redundant nor tautologious.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by SpeedyConnect(m): 8:57am On Jun 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
I bet to disagree bro

Extreme end is tautology
Lie
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 9:02am On Jun 15, 2015
DonaldGenes:

It takes a thief to catch a thief
Hahaha cheesy

Na true sha
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 15, 2015
Brainzcoded:
It has happen happened to me b4 lolz in those days in secondary sch
Till now!

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2015
SpeedyConnect:

Lie
The words should be used separately

I went to the extreme of the mountain

I went to the end of the street

Just as still yet cannot be used together cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 9:04am On Jun 15, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Lie
The words should be used separately

I went to the extreme of the mountain

I went to the end of the street

Just as still yet cannot be used together cool
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by SpeedyConnect(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2015
Akposy:
Yes.

I was in a gathering of guyz forming Mr. English.......i saw a friend passing by and i shouted why did u offed your phone instead of OFF...... Come see bashing
Sorry bro, you are still wrong even at that.
You can never use off alone there.
Off alone means to kill sb.
You say switch off or on. It's a phrasal verb.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by smsdigito: 9:19am On Jun 15, 2015
Aspiregreat:
No, I always speak queens English........ angry
even when u are not a queen? shocked
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by mifavour(f): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2015
mayusguy:
grin grin grin 'i am born in englishland' grin cry

U go fear na

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Akposy(m): 9:28am On Jun 15, 2015
SpeedyConnect:
Sorry bro, you are still wrong even at that. You can never use off alone there. Off alone means to kill sb. You say switch off or on. It's a phrasal verb. Thanks.
Thanks.......

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Penssuwa(m): 9:47am On Jun 15, 2015
Brainzcoded:
It has happen to me b4 lolz in those days in secondary sch
"has happened "

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Penssuwa(m): 9:58am On Jun 15, 2015
tosyne2much:
I bet to disagree bro

Extreme end is tautology
Don't mind those who are still insistent on the correctness. My dictionary defines "extreme" as "furthest limit", (inter alia) while "end" is defined as "extremity or limit". They mean basically thesame thing in that context. It's quite tautological to use both together as you rightly stated above.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by IamSimi(m): 10:12am On Jun 15, 2015
Secondary School gbagaun (boarding house) 1. Why are you twice on a bed
2. Dele i saw u in the field and in the house, are u twice?
3. Come down each by each
4. Teacher: why have u all not eating? students: sir, the food is on fire
Teacher: u mean d food is fireSecondary School gbagaun (boarding house) 1. Why are you twice on a bed
Teacher: u mean d food is fire
Secondary School gbagaun (boarding house) 1. Why are you twice on a bed
Teacher: u mean d food is fire
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by MEILYN(m): 11:41am On Jun 15, 2015
Minet16:

lol baba you catch me
Nobody is perfect bro. We are all vulnerable when it comes to these things.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bjbukzy(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2015
wristwatch:

Intelligent reply "young soul"
this is a social forum where slangs are accepted
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bjbukzy(m): 11:46am On Jun 15, 2015
wristwatch:

Intelligent reply "young soul"
this is a social forum where slangs are accepted
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by hilsocial(m): 11:54am On Jun 15, 2015
Aspiregreat:
No, I always speak queens English........ angry

Queens English? Queen's . Hahaha, nobody is immaculate.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by daveP(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2015
I'm i the only person that doesnt believe the OP didnt watch the full match and even witness Pique cut the goalnet?

Tosyne2much!! Ahem

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bigfrancis21: 12:55pm On Jun 15, 2015
staymore:

...for they KNEW that you KNEW no mercy.

Thank you sir. grin

abtmaviz:

I spot this one out. Thank you

I am reporting a story in the past tense of what happened over 5 years ago and the tense used is correct. Hence, 'they knew that I knew no mercy' is correct.

My roommates were always careful when speaking English and I am around for they knew that I knew no mercy

@bold...'They know that I know no mercy' would have been correct if I were still in the room and it was still 2010.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by bigfrancis21: 12:57pm On Jun 15, 2015
adekunletosin:
Was going round in my school (international school...aje butter school) last week reminding my students to come and submit their assignment o o o. Suddenly one of the students made a statement that got me angry and i replied in angst mood ''WHAT DID I TOLD YOU'' the whole class shouted ehhhhhhhhhhh!!!! I quickly hold the boy responsible that he caused me to make that err.... Thats how i saved myself o....

@strike-through...held

Looks like you still haven't learned much. cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 15, 2015

I rarely make mistakes with the English language. So when I do, nobody bashes me because they know it's a mistake . . . they also know that if they do, they will regret it. grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by tosyne2much(m): 3:07pm On Jun 15, 2015
Penssuwa:

Don't mind those who are still insistent on the correctness. My dictionary defines "extreme" as "furthest limit", (inter alia) while "end" is defined as "extremity or limit". They mean basically thesame thing in that context. It's quite tautological to use both together as you rightly stated above.
God bless u bro
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by adekunletosin(m): 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2015
bigfrancis21:

@strike-through...held

Looks like you still haven't learned much. cheesy
striker its correct...what if it was used as an idiom/phrase in the context...or ar u emphasizing on simpe past....anyway bro so keep striking to learn more ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri’s Wife Calls For Justice For Sylvester Oromoni (Photos) / NUC Approves Three New Universities In Delta State / Secondary School Boarding House List For Boys & Girls (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.