Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:33 AM

Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share (26324 Views)

13 Grammatical Mistakes That Instantly Reveal People's Ignorance / 10 Common Grammatical Blunders You Should Endeavour To Avoid / National Board For Technical Education Signpost With Public Grammatical Blunder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by admax(m): 10:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
In the Barrack one day, a soldier saw three students and said "1..2...3 both of you come here" grin

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by VickyRotex(f): 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2015
eleko1:
embarassed lipsrsealed embarassed sad I schooled in france,nah slate and apoti we dey carry go lesson afta sch.Grammar nah by forsi sad angry undecided

Yes, I know my Brother. That France School in Lagos. angry

That's why you're a Professor of Grammar jere. undecided
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Ayietim(m): 10:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
Paint me a picture,
a timeless picture,
a picture of me over the years,
since the day I first arrived here, were you there?
My ups, my downs,
no, not those dark moments,
they will bring tears to my eyes,
come to think of it, why not,
those were my finest hours, although tough, yea very rough,
but they taught me a lot.
They taught me never to give up,
they taught me that I would always be stronger if I could just get back up,
back up and believe that it's not over yet,
no, not when I still have a vestige of breathe, so wait, do you remember that it was then,
that I Iearnt that there's strength in perseverance,
I learnt the magic of tolerance,
I discovered who I am,
I first fell in love with who I am,
and now I am loving being who I am,
because this is who I am, so I will do all I can, to leave my footprints in the sand of time,
so, paint me my portrait and don't leave out the flaws,
is it oddly eclectic, what about yours?
http://ayietim.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by DICKtator: 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
Akposy:
Yes.

I was in a gathering of guyz forming Mr. English.......i saw a friend passing by and i shouted why did u offed your phone instead of OFF...... Come see bashing

This is a joke, right?

Right?

Please tell me it was a joke!!

Off?

Instead of off?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by manofluck: 10:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oga u sef don fuccck up ooooo cheesy

It's done not did

*Past participle* cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Born2eatPussy(m): 10:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Here in America we don't even speak good English.
Do you know what 30% of Americans can't read or write ??
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by brimsalvador: 10:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Victoria . even though Kimberly `s report is inconceivable, last thursday I got Acura from bringing in $6560 this - five weeks past and more than 10/k this past-month . it's definitly the nicest-work Ive ever done . I began this four months/ago and pretty much immediately started bringing in minimum $77... p/h . visit their website
BEST HOME DEAL >>>> www.Wage-Report.Com
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by eebruboss(m): 10:41pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:
in my school even if you are sleeping and someone drops the bomb.. The person would wake and laugh.. To show how every one is alert to bombs grin
alerted
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by hadura29(m): 10:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:
in my school even if you are sleeping and someone drops the bomb.. The person would wake and laugh.. To show how every one is alert to bombs grin

This got me laughing, coz you'll be wondering and saying to yourself that "this guy was in deep sleep how come he woke up to laugh and sleeps back" crazy and can be painful most times....

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Akposy(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
DICKtator:

This is a joke, right?
Right?
Please tell me it was a joke!!
Off?
Instead of off?
grin grin grin grin
Not a joke
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Timijo(m): 10:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
preizton:
I had never did mistake in my english before I am born in Englishland.
u have made one now in ur sentence.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by cactuscee(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
I once said I have went to the library when I was in secondary school and everybody bursted out laughing . I left the class room shamefully afterward
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Timijo(m): 11:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Read the instruction below from an English Language teacher to his students:
Teacher: As from today henceforth, no student should speak vernacular or pidgin english in the class again.
Shey una don year?
Class: We don hear sir.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Mega2010(m): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
Yes..a day I went for a singing competition with my choral group,we were waiting for the judges to get seated When I stupidly open my mouth to say and I quote"oh my God,I can't wait for one group of choirs to start ministering on front of the judges"you need to see how my colleagues laughed at me,people started looking at us,I was sweating and at the same to confused because I need noT say anything as they were about to begin....can't forget that day easily
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Starships4u(m): 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2015
ALKARULEZZ:
NO

Bagged a Ph.D in English Language when I was 6
Hei Bros me.....that capital letter "I" ain't supposed to be in the middle of a sentence.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by BeeCool15: 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
Have you ever had memories you ever wished to wipe? Like sleeping with someone you totally regretted? Like this guy here - http://thenakedconvos.com/meme-files-fcked/
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by yusasiv(m): 11:06pm On Jun 14, 2015
grin i beg who knows where i can get antidotes to mosquitoes bite, am in a state of dismal bismal now and i dont care if i have "gbags" grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by MEILYN(m): 11:11pm On Jun 14, 2015
Minet16:

lol tnx miss, but am good thou, not bad
I am good or I'm good. There is absolutely nothing like 'am good'.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by MEILYN(m): 11:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Starships4u:

Hei Bros me.....that capital letter "I" ain't supposed to be in the middle of a sentence.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by ellahzy(f): 11:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
winetapper:

ur signature got me loling
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by MEILYN(m): 11:15pm On Jun 14, 2015
admax:
In the Barrack one day, a soldier saw three students and said "1..2...3 both of you come here" grin
It is barracks and not barrack.
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by micodon(m): 11:17pm On Jun 14, 2015
VictoriaBee:

Igbo "tongue" is a slang and slang isn't acceptable in English.

I disagree with you. Colloquialism or the use of slangs is accepted in Informal Language. That is exactly how the Americans changed "i want to" to "i wanna".
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Starships4u(m): 11:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
Mega2010:
Yes..a day I went for a singing competition with my choral group,we were waiting for the judges to get seated When I stupidly open my mouth to say and I quote"oh my God,I can't wait for one group of choirs to start ministering on front of the judges"you need to see how my colleagues laughed at me,people started looking at us,I was sweating and at the same to confused because I need noT say anything as they were about to begin....can't forget that day easily
guy everything about this your post freaked me out with confusion.... Upgrade to the latest edition of English

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by yusasiv(m): 11:27pm On Jun 14, 2015
micodon:

I disagree with you. Colloquialism or the use of slangs is accepted in Informal Language. That is exactly how the Americans changed "i want to" to "i wanna".

did i just read colo colo

oh! my bad, i have problems reading with dark shades at night grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Akinz0126(m): 11:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
Hey Josh were have you been?-one of my lecturer ask.

I am inside the college library making a query on the assignment you gave to me I responded.
Oh my god what did you just said?grin
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by micodon(m): 11:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
yusasiv:

did i just read colo colo
oh! my bad, i have problems reading with dark shades at night grin
wetin dis one dey talk?
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Giitheon(m): 11:38pm On Jun 14, 2015
lol
Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
At the night class, a lady want to light her candle using a guy's lighted candle. Then a drama unfold as thus:
Lady: Excuse me ( She lighted the candle and was on her way..)
Guy: Heys, come back here(the lady looked back and was surprised). Why did you on it? Why can't you ask me before you on it?
Lady: Don't you understand "excuse me"
Guy: I don't care just off it now, you are very rude.
(Everyone in the class laughed as if they inhaled laughing gas...)

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by yusasiv(m): 11:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
micodon:

wetin dis one dey talk?

am sure u av enough data to safe urself of the stress

Re: Have You Ever Been Bashed In Public Due To Grammatical Blunders? Share by francizy(m): 11:51pm On Jun 14, 2015
I gbagaun on daily basis mehn... But I fit try flow better for my mother tongue sha.. cheesy

Secondary school was fun with all the gbagaun stuff tho.. I easily forget my gbagaun to let off the shame but can't forget other people's gbagaun I spotted like:

Girl: I want to buy snacks and a drink..

Guy: (calls junior student and tells the girl this) Sent him! cheesy

Same guy was tryna describe a fight that went down between his former school and other schools and he was like "five school against one schools".. grin

Another dude..

Teacher: they are known as Arch Deaconry
Student (and my bully back then.. grin): is lie, is lie, is Archydyconry! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Juniour WAEC Past Questions And Answers / Students Pour Paint On Two UNIZIK Graduates (Photos) / Poly Ibadan Bans Students From Carrying "Cross Bags"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.