Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:51 AM

Ice Block Making Machine - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Ice Block Making Machine (101293 Views)

Nigerian Automatic Block Making Machine For Sale / Ice Block Making Machine Available For Sale / China Supplier Of Ice Block Mahine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ice Block Making Machine by gigabytes: 10:47am On Feb 23, 2009
ICE BLOCK MAKING MACHINE

I want to know the price(s) of different type of ice block making machine.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2009
I've gone through all posts searching for same information. Its either the business is not too common or not many people know about it. I know there are locally made Ice block machines and imported ones. But no one seem to have that info (or may seem to post it).
I however got in touch with a nice lady (Tonia on 08033017330) who said they sell the machine (imported). I understand there are different capacities and their cheapest model is sold for 1 million naira! You may want to call her for more info.

Am also interested in the business but 1million is too much for a start. There are also other costs to consider: rent for shop, cost of advertising, freezer (if required) etc.

One may have to find the locally made ones But where on earth can we have contacts with the people producing it. Anyone with the info please share

Cheers
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by naijacutee(f): 2:35pm On Jun 15, 2009
One million for what? In what year would you then start making a profit from the business? I know you can get ice machines from the UK from N250,000 which are capable of producing up to 35kg of ice every 24 hours (if that is roughly the sort of capacity you would require). I think these machines are priced according to their output every 24 hours. . . I might be able to help if you are looking to buy UK-manufactured machines.

3 Likes

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 12:03pm On Jun 16, 2009
@NaijaCutee

Thanks a lot for your post. I;ve popped you a mail already.

Kind regards
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by OluWogu(f): 2:13am On Jun 22, 2009
THERE MANY COOMPANIES THAT PRODUCE ICE-BLOCK MOULDING MACHINES
You're lucky to have them from me cos have made contacts since i'm also interested in the business.

1.) POWERCOOL NIG LTD
100 East-West Road, Eliozu, PH.
I only know of the PH address cos dat's where i stay.
u can call dis nos 080 593 007 00, 080 331 616 81, 080 577 777 74
To give u the address of their branches.

LOCAL MACHINES 24 Ice moulds 340,000
32 " 420,000
50 " 570,000
24 & 32 moulds machine will need 12.5KVA Gen
while 50 moulds machine will need 15KVA

IMPORTED MACHINES 36 ice moulds 470,000
55 " 650,000
66 " 750,000
Powercool machines make blocks @ maximum of 10 hrs

2.) AUTOMATIC ICE BLOCK
379 Ikorodu Rd Opp, Ojota New Garage, Lagos
080 231 248 12
PH 080 253 669 49
Aba 080 366 662 06

3.) MACHINE & MERCHANTILE WAREHOUSE INTERNATIONAL LTD
LAGOS Plot 13B ACME Road, MPI House, Ogba Industrial Estate, Ikeja.
IBADAN Behind Niger Hygiene, 7up Road, Oluyole Estate, Ibadan.
080 340 689 52, 080 548 352 33, 080 340 789 83, 080 340 791 38

60 minutes 23 Blocks moulding machine N1,500,000 plus 10KVA Gen N200,000
60 " 48 " N1,900,000 plus 15KVA N280,000

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by damhadji(m): 11:34am On Jun 22, 2009
I thought i was the only one interested in ice block business. i had to go and source for information on it. anyway i developed a writeup on the business [ice block] you can start with a little above 500k and you can earn up to 180k every month. i just wrote is but i have not typed it . well, its what i should sell but since everybody is curious, i'll give it to you guys for free. then when you read it and you are satisfied with it you can send me whatever you want. i'm not kidding o. just give me time to type it and i'll send it down to you.My work is kind of much now. what you need to do is to mail me on damhadji@yahoo.com with the subject ICEBLOCK in block letter so i can identify it. i'll have it typed latest by tomorow and i'll send it down to you. you might need to adjust some things there cos i'm not a professional. stay fit anyways

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 9:14pm On Jun 22, 2009
damhadji:

I thought i was the only one interested in ice block business. i had to go and source for information on it. anyway i developed a writeup on the business [ice block] you can start with a little above 500k and you can earn up to 180k every month. i just wrote is but i have not typed it . well, its what i should sell but since everybody is curious, i'll give it to you guys for free. then when you read it and you are satisfied with it you can send me whatever you want. i'm not kidding o. just give me time to type it and i'll send it down to you.My work is kind of much now. what you need to do is to mail me on damhadji@yahoo.com with the subject ICEBLOCK in block letter so i can identify it. i'll have it typed latest by tomorow and i'll send it down to you. you might need to adjust some things there cos i'm not a professional. stay fit anyways

oh my number is 08029009274 if you feel like talking to me

I've popped you a mail. very thoughtful of you!!

OluWogu:

THERE MANY COOMPANIES THAT PRODUCE ICE-BLOCK MOULDING MACHINES
You're lucky to have them from me cos have made contacts since i'm also interested in the business.

This is much appreciated
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2009
Ice block machines You're looking at about 300K for a machine. 48/72 blocks! 12 hours approx! 6 month guarantee on the machine(s). Want more info?? Write nlbomb@gmail.com or call 08033272767/08169372275

MODIFIED 15 Mar 2015 to reflect change of 2nd number

4 Likes

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 1:54pm On Jun 28, 2009
@nuclearboy ---- I've sent you a mail

@Damhaji --------Havent heard from you. still expecting your mail
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2009
PDOZIE:

YOU HAVE NEW MAIL
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by fuke(m): 4:14pm On Jun 28, 2009
I know a guy in Ibadan who has a factory making these machines. He read refrigeration in England and holds a doctorte. His machines are solid and may even be better than imported ones. I know because i bought one from him. Beautiful and solid machine. Now ,getting the machine is one thing, running the business is a different kettle of fish altogether. Do not mind people who say you make N10000 a day, ask them with how much? anyway if you want the machine from the Ibadan manufacturer , (by the way you will install with under N500,000,) contact me at jidolconsul005@yahoo.com
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by ifyalways(f): 11:33pm On Jun 28, 2009
Oh,well,guess ice blocks are hotcakes cos our power supply is almost non-existing,Still,never knew the machine wud be expensive. shocked
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 12:15am On Jun 29, 2009
fuke:

I know a guy in Ibadan who has a factory making these machines. He read refrigeration in England and holds a doctorte. His machines are solid and may even be better than imported ones. I know because i bought one from him. Beautiful and solid machine. Now ,getting the machine is one thing, running the business is a different kettle of fish altogether. Do not mind people who say you make N10000 a day, ask them with how much? anyway if you want the machine from the Ibadan manufacturer , (by the way you will install with under N500,000,) contact me at jidolconsul005@yahoo.com

This happens to be one of my gripe here. I am assuming that the manufacturer has a factory and address. Why don't you just provide that? Rather than ppl contacting you first? If you have gone this far in giving up the info why not go all the way? It doesn't a lot of sense to me.
Just my thought.

2 Likes

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2009
builders of these machines (like other items) have relatives, friends etc. These would wish you patronise their uncles/sponsors etc. Like you, I contacted the poster who wants you to contact him first. I asked for his manufacturers number/address. His response (via email AGAIN) was that he'd get back to me in a couple of days: Standard issue response when you're trying to impress without having the capability to do so. I asked because I think I know practically every true builder in Ibadan and their capability and am not aware of anyone boasting his specs and price.

58, state hospital road, off ring road, Ibadan (08033272767/07055530420 email:nlbomb@gmail.com). Visit at your convenience. Not only will you see machines being built but also ice being frozen/sold. And Ice machine prices are not hard-coded. They vary according to market forces but you're looking at about 300K (installation included)

2 Likes

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 10:18am On Jun 29, 2009
Here's why we say Naijas are cunning and dishonest.

Further to my earlier post, I took the liberty of AGAIN going thru posts by people advertising machines. Strange how many become experts on what they do not know and remain absolutely ignorant. A 15KV as at today would cost about 170K rather than the 280 I see quoted. That is assuming you're not planning to purchase a German/UK/US built gen which would cost over a mill.

Also, no true manufacturer will give you a benchmark figure for freezing time -- Machines freeze faster in cold weather (rains, night etc) than in hot dry weather. Siting your machine inside a shaded airy place would also speed up your process. Its comparable to your car A/C which cools faster in the rain than February heat on 3rd Mainland bridge. 10 hours etc is a farce. The same 10 hour process can come to 8 hours or extend to 18 hours if you site inside a container in the sun.

But if you disagree, please present your case without the ambiguities and procrastination and let us learn

3 Likes

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 4:24pm On Jun 29, 2009
nuclearboy:

builders of these machines (like other items) have relatives, friends etc. These would wish you patronise their uncles/sponsors etc. Like you, I contacted the poster who wants you to contact him first. I asked for his manufacturers number/address. His response (via email AGAIN) was that he'd get back to me in a couple of days: Standard issue response when you're trying to impress without having the capability to do so. I asked because I think I know practically every true builder in Ibadan and their capability and am not aware of anyone boasting his specs and price.

58, state hospital road, off ring road, Ibadan (08033272767/07055530420 email:kubae@yahoo.com). Visit at your convenience. Not only will you see machines being built but also ice being frozen/sold. And Ice machine prices are not hard-coded. They vary according to market forces but you're looking at about 300K (installation included)

nuclearboy:

Here's why we say Naijas are cunning and dishonest.

Further to my earlier post, I took the liberty of AGAIN going thru posts by people advertising machines. Strange how many become experts on what they do not know and remain absolutely ignorant. A 15KV as at today would cost about 170K rather than the 280 I see quoted. That is assuming you're not planning to purchase a German/UK/US built gen which would cost over a mill.

Also, no true manufacturer will give you a benchmark figure for freezing time -- Machines freeze faster in cold weather (rains, night etc) than in hot dry weather. Siting your machine inside a shaded airy place would also speed up your process. Its comparable to your car A/C which cools faster in the rain than February heat on 3rd Mainland bridge. 10 hours etc is a farce. The same 10 hour process can come to 8 hours or extend to 18 hours if you site inside a container in the sun.

But if you disagree, please present your case without the ambiguities and procrastination and let us learn

I'm really impressed on how you present your case. You are definately knowledgeable on your stuff. However, manufacturers can give you a freezing time. They usually conduct the test at a particular water temperature. Most manuf. will give you precisely how long it will take to freeze an amt of ice (lets say 2ton or 5ton) which is not that hard to do. Just calculate the amt of water, take the temp, and the freezing capacity of the machine will determine when it will reach freezing point. Nigerian manufacturer may not go that far.

Leaving that aside, are you into ice block business in ibadan? Who makes the best machine? How good is the quality? Are these clean machines? I wouldn't mind to call or email you in private if you don't mind to ask few questions but however, i love to post everything online here so that everyone else can learn from it. That's the purpose of a forum.

Others questions i will like to ask are:

Is there anyone in ibadan selling cube ice (in bags) rather than the solid block ones?
What are the prices of generators now (used tokunbo ones. UK/US/German)

Others info you like to throw in will be appreciated.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 6:33am On Jun 30, 2009
The following should clarify my point to you:

NOTE: Heat/Cooling computations follow the british standard of Fahrenheit rather than the USA Celsius so all figures are first converted to the British. i.e BTU (British Thermal Unit), Lbs (pounds rather than liters) etc.

NOW:

Your machine sees the water you put in it and anything else inside the tank as a “HEAT LOAD”. Let us assume you put 120 litres of water, which is at 72 Fahrenheit in it. This calculation will help you understand the process. Please note that some figures are not realistic but are approximations to make the calculations easier and that some “heat load” components are not treated here.
120 litres = 120 * 2.2 = 264 lbs (pounds) of water
1 British thermal Unit (BTU) is the quantity of heat required to reduce the temperature of 1 pound of water by 1 Fahrenheit; therefore to reduce 120 litres (264 pounds) from 72 Fahrenheit to 32Fahrenheit (= 0 Celsius or FREEZING POINT), you will need
264 * 40 = 10560 BTU
At this point, your water is ready to start changing to ice. 144 BTU is required to change 1 pound of water at 0 F to ICE at 0 F. NOTE that the temperature is not changing, just the state
264 * 144 = 38016 BTU
Now you have ice and want it brick hard, say –10Fahrenheit, which requires another 1 BTU per pound per Fahrenheit drop
264 * 10 = 2640 BTU
Your total heat load therefore, is

10560 + 38016 + 1584 = 51216 BTU

LETS Assume you now put 140 litres starting at 40Fahrenheit, you’d have
140 litres =140*2.2= 308 lbs
308 * 8 = 2464 BTU
308*144 = 44352 BTU
308* 10 = 3080 BTU
Total = 2464 + 44352 + 3080 = 49896 BTU.

You put in more water but it froze faster and put less stress on your condensing units. The change in water quantity actually happens much more frequently than you might expect. I have 4 employees who load my own machines and I have learnt that there is one particualr guy who has the propensity to make what I expect to be 3.5 liter packs 4.1 liters on average. Do the math. Also, ambient temps vary from morning.to afternoon to evening. You may use a load starting from 80 F in early afternoon and another starting from 64 in the late evening. Again, do the math. Finally, the issue of the ambient itself as it impacts on your production:- Refrigeration is the process of transferring heat FROM A COLD PLACE TO A HOT PLACE. The interior of your tank is at say, -10 Celsius yet you are removing heat from it and sending to the outside which is at 41 Celsius. Do not be fooled - the hotter it is outside, the more difficult NATURE ITSELF makes your process. For this reason, any chap worth his salt will tell you to choose your location wisely. As I said in an earlier post, your car A/C will cool faster in evening rain than a hot afternoon. As long as your process is not fully automated, the human/environmental factors will impact from run to run. Same with power as the condensing units draw more power when youre just starting compared to say, 3 hours into your run when your water is well on its way to freezing. Don't let theoretists confuse you!

I would hope you're Nigerian. Why would you want to think we cannot go as far as "oyibo" man? We actually do though somewhat limited by availability of some components which would add value. I build my machines myself, have 4 of mine (oldest about 4 years old, newest 1 and few months) and have built in the range of a hundred fifty for clients. I sell ice EVERYDAY. I also am quite well educated (maybe better than most of your foreign technicians as the average techie ANYWHERE rarely has a B.S). And whist my machines may not be as good looking as something built by million Dollar machines in Germany or the US, they perform thier functions cheaply, reliable and to a standard that pleases my clients.

Posting here is fine by me. Allows me answers questions once rather than cut and paste via email over and over.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by naijacutee(f): 8:38am On Jun 30, 2009
Nuclearboy has the sort of responses we need. People who know what they are talking about, and not just "contact me for more information" posts. I found a Nigerian company that sells them, and which boldly displays their full pricelist and product range on their website. However, I am not sure as to whether these are US/UK/German manufactured machines or locally made ones. Here is a list of their prices : http://dekoolar-ac.com/pricelist.html

I think we also need someone to tell us specific differences between locally made sets and imported sets. For all we know, the locally made ones might be more acclimatised to our requirements in Nigeria, and thus might perform better than imported ones. Does anyone know?

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 8:46am On Jun 30, 2009
nuclearboy:

The following should clarify my point to you:

NOTE: Heat/Cooling computations follow the british standard of Fahrenheit rather than the USA Celsius so all figures are first converted to the British. i.e BTU (British Thermal Unit), Lbs (pounds rather than liters) etc.

NOW:

Your machine sees the water you put in it and anything else inside the tank as a “HEAT LOAD”. Let us assume you put 120 litres of water, which is at 72 Fahrenheit in it. This calculation will help you understand the process. Please note that some figures are not realistic but are approximations to make the calculations easier and that some “heat load” components are not treated here.
120 litres = 120 * 2.2 = 264 lbs (pounds) of water
1 British thermal Unit (BTU) is the quantity of heat required to reduce the temperature of 1 pound of water by 1 Fahrenheit; therefore to reduce 120 litres (264 pounds) from 72 Fahrenheit to 32Fahrenheit (= 0 Celsius or FREEZING POINT), you will need
264 * 40 = 10560 BTU
At this point, your water is ready to start changing to ice. 144 BTU is required to change 1 pound of water at 0 F to ICE at 0 F. NOTE that the temperature is not changing, just the state
264 * 144 = 38016 BTU
Now you have ice and want it brick hard, say –10Fahrenheit, which requires another 1 BTU per pound per Fahrenheit drop
264 * 10 = 2640 BTU
Your total heat load therefore, is

10560 + 38016 + 1584 = 51216 BTU

LETS Assume you now put 140 litres starting at 40Fahrenheit, you’d have
140 litres =140*2.2= 308 lbs
308 * 8 = 2464 BTU
308*144 = 44352 BTU
308* 10 = 3080 BTU
Total = 2464 + 44352 + 3080 = 49896 BTU.

You put in more water but it froze faster and put less stress on your condensing units. The change in water quantity actually happens much more frequently than you might expect. I have 4 employees who load my own machines and I have learnt that there is one particualr guy who has the propensity to make what I expect to be 3.5 liter packs 4.1 liters on average. Do the math. Also, ambient temps vary from morning.to afternoon to evening. You may use a load starting from 80 F in early afternoon and another starting from 64 in the late evening. Again, do the math. Finally, the issue of the ambient itself as it impacts on your production:- Refrigeration is the process of transferring heat FROM A COLD PLACE TO A HOT PLACE. The interior of your tank is at say, -10 Celsius yet you are removing heat from it and sending to the outside which is at 41 Celsius. Do not be fooled - the hotter it is outside, the more difficult NATURE ITSELF makes your process. For this reason, any chap worth his salt will tell you to choose your location wisely. As I said in an earlier post, your car A/C will cool faster in evening rain than a hot afternoon. As long as your process is not fully automated, the human/environmental factors will impact from run to run. Same with power as the condensing units draw more power when youre just starting compared to say, 3 hours into your run when your water is well on its way to freezing. Don't let theoretists confuse you!

I would hope you're Nigerian. Why would you want to think we cannot go as far as "oyibo" man? We actually do though somewhat limited by availability of some components which would add value. I build my machines myself, have 4 of mine (oldest about 4 years old, newest 1 and few months) and have built in the range of a hundred fifty for clients. I sell ice EVERYDAY. I also am quite well educated (maybe better than most of your foreign technicians as the average techie ANYWHERE rarely has a B.S). And whist my machines may not be as good looking as something built by million Dollar machines in Germany or the US, they perform thier functions cheaply, reliable and to a standard that pleases my clients.

Posting here is fine by me. Allows me answers questions once rather than cut and paste via email over and over.

Well said. Why dont you post pics of what youu have manufactured with probably a little bit of explanation of the products. You dont know who might be reading.

How big is the ice block. How many did you say again every 8 or 12 hours?

What is the price of a block now in ibadan?

Thanks
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2009
I speak from my own experience but most foreign machines make either ice-cubes or slabs of ice. These do not have much depth and thus revert to water relatively fast. One thing must be at the back of our minds - power supply is the main reason these machines have issues. Fixing foreign complex machines is usually a matter of trial and error. Again, I stand to be corrected.

Someone has asked for photos. Here they are: - please note they were not taken by a professional and so are not too clear except for one which was taken 3 years ago by a photographer at my request. I have tried to show the size of the operation but my lens seems unable to handle the standing size. Please forgive any blurs.

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 10:06am On Jun 30, 2009
Each piece is approx 3.5 Liters. Thats almost the quantity that'll fill a paint can. But you can adjust the water you put in each wrapper. You can also ask an extruder to make a specific size of cellophane for you. You asked about ice in Ibadan - thats a way you can get fooled easily. Suppose I say I've today sold 411 at 60 apiece yet still have quite a lot? That could be true yet a lie. A lie because no two days are the same. Also, when it rains, demand (and price) falls. And in February, I'd readily hit a car stressing me on the way cos I can "bloody" well afford to fix his car and arse too.

Atimes, its poor and others, its good. Thats the truth. Also, who is your target market? resellers who'll finish your stock by 7AM but pay cheap (we reduce price for these since they resell)? Hotels/Bars/Clubs/Party-makers who will pay a premium but won't come daily and may ask you provide transportation to them? Or the local woman beside your "mallam" who sells pure water and soft drinks? A combination? What proportion of each? Does that proportion stay fixed or is it dynamic? As I said earlier people, theorists abound! I'm not one of them.

I'm a realist and a business person whos learnt that thugs fighting at a garage someplace in town can stop your clients from coming in. So can the rudeness of one of your employees cause some to keep away. Whist a "politicians" party can drop a 70K bonus in one day into your lap.

But in the dry season with 4 machines running 24 hours (2 loads each daily) in Lagos, you better have self discipline or you might decide to kill someone and pay for his life before you realise you cant buy humans no more. In retrospect though, fatigue may have taken away the will to drive cos this work hard small O. Its very physically tasking.

I know what I know but refuse to say one persons machines are better. You decide for yourself

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by fuke(m): 11:10am On Jun 30, 2009
you, I contacted the poster who wants you to contact him first. I asked for his manufacturers number/address. His response (via email AGAIN) was that he'd get back to me in a couple of days: Standard issue response when you're trying to impress without having the capability to do so. I asked because I think I know practically every true builder in Ibadan and their capability and am not aware of anyone boasting his specs and price.

58, state hospital road, off ring road, Ibadan (08033272767/07055530420 email:kubae@yahoo.com). Visit at your convenience. Not only will you see machines being built but also ice being frozen/sold. And Ice machine prices are not hard-coded. They vary according to market forces but you're looking at about 300K (installation included)

MY REPLY.
By the time i was making those posts it was suday and i was in my room and not in the office where i could pick the address. Now i bet Nuclear boy does not even know half of the ice block machine makers in Ibadan. In Akobo there are more than 6. I bet again, he does not know Dan Asa Ultimate Industries, Ajoda Neww Town, Egbeda, Ibadan. Show room at 18 and 19 Mobus Shopping center, Opposite New Gbagi, Ibadan. Yes, you are right Nuclear boy, the guy is my friend of many years but i have not made claims i cannot substantiate. Dans freezers are solid. He does not use Tokunbo compressors as many do. Kunle, when buying watch out for the compressors. To buy a freeezer with tokunbo compressor is to be kobo wise, naira foolish. If i make a post, it is made from experience and judgement with good intention. I have sent a message to Dan to send me prices and more details . As soon as i get it from him i will make anothe post. There is more to this ice block business than what I am reading. Is it not this country of 3 hours current in "48 hours. At times i wonder where people get their stats from. For this block making business we shall get to the root. Nuclear boy do not bomb me o. Cheers
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 1:31pm On Jun 30, 2009
My brother, you need fear no bomb threats or implementation - Nuclear devices are utilized for large targets!

I have earlier said I stand to be corrected and every statement I made has been in good faith. Lets wait to hear from your friend. As to the list of names you mentioned who make machines, I've heard of some but my preserve is for serious ones. People who can defend thier machines. Dozens of builders also abound in Oke-Bola. How many of them use the machines they make and what practical experience do they then have? Reactions to power fluctuations? To Rain or scorching heat? nighttime or daytime runs? to low current and power surges?Can they compute thier power requirements? Understand the effect and difference when powered via a generator? Bah!, those are black-box solutions neither understood by builders or users.

Now on the use of compressors - I provide an informed option - All of us know that power was the watchword in the past whist today, its efficiency. Almost every compressor made today has aluminium winding for its motor whist in the past, motors were exclusively made of copper. Put both together in the same machine and the older copper compressor will outlast an aluminium make. That said, these things are the exclusive choice of the owner (whichever they choose) - I have said over and over that I provide a 6 month guarantee on my machines but that WILL NOT extend to an aluminium cast motor. Thats how sure I am and is the reason why your Radio-savvy manufacturers are going off the air now.

Again people, the problem here is Naijaism. Most people will choose looks, name-dropping and finery over build quality and practicality. I have multiple clients running solely on generators so the "3 hour supply in 48 hours" means nothing to me except extra profit (when there's no light, you sell higher). My machines are not "12 hour" on paper machines. Which reminds me - let me bore all with a story of a trick

You go into a place and ask about machines. You're handed a color brochure from which you read a particular model that fits your budget freezes 200 blocks (size?) in 16 hours and carries 2 condensing units. Rarely do you get a techie who will intelligently answer your queries and when you do, he's brusque, hurried and starts dropping names of "big" people who bought. You succumb to pressure and buy but it doesn't perform in 16 hours. On inspection, you are told your power quality (or AMPERAGE as they like to call it) cannot power it so the compressors keep dropping and restarting and thus it hadnt worked 16 hours straight. Whats the way forward? You need to change the compressor to a smaller one. Ok! But theres a catch - the lower rated compressor doesn't have the power of the old one and so your machine now freezes in 30 hours! Why didnt they just put the small (NEPA capable) one in the 1st place since we know NEPA can't handle the big ones ALWAYS. I have met dozens of people who have had this experience who are amazed when they see me use ordinary 2HP compressors rather the 2.5 and even 3HP mainly used around. Scam! Many retired people are suffering cos of such practices. And we say Naija get as e be.

So you see my brother, nuclearboy won't unleash mayhem. Your typing is doing the work for him already
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 1:59pm On Jun 30, 2009
My brother, you need fear no bomb threats or implementation - Nuclear devices are utilized for large targets!

I have earlier said I stand to be corrected and every statement I made has been in good faith. Lets wait to hear from your friend. As to the list of names you mentioned who make machines, I've heard of some but my preserve is for serious ones. People who can defend thier machines. Dozens of builders also abound in Oke-Bola. How many of them use the machines they make and what practical experience do they then have? Reactions to power fluctuations? To Rain or scorching heat? nighttime or daytime runs? to low current and power surges?Can they compute thier power requirements? Understand the effect and difference when powered via a generator? Bah!, those are black-box solutions neither understood by builders or users.

Now on the use of compressors - I provide an informed option - All of us know that power was the watchword in the past whist today, its efficiency. Almost every compressor made today has aluminium winding for its motor whist in the past, motors were exclusively made of copper. Put both together in the same machine and the older copper compressor will outlast an aluminium make. That said, these things are the exclusive choice of the owner (whichever they choose) - I have said over and over that I provide a 6 month guarantee on my machines but that WILL NOT extend to an aluminium cast motor. Thats how sure I am and is the reason why your Radio-savvy manufacturers are going off the air now.

Again people, the problem here is Naijaism. Most people will choose looks, name-dropping and finery over build quality and practicality. I have multiple clients running solely on generators so the "3 hour supply in 48 hours" means nothing to me except extra profit (when there's no light, you sell higher). My machines are not "12 hour" on paper machines. Which reminds me - let me bore all with a story of a trick

You go into a place and ask about machines. You're handed a color brochure from which you read a particular model that fits your budget freezes 200 blocks (size?) in 16 hours and carries 2 condensing units. Rarely do you get a techie who will intelligently answer your queries and when you do, he's brusque, hurried and starts dropping names of "big" people who bought. You succumb to pressure and buy but it doesn't perform in 16 hours. On inspection, you are told your power quality (or AMPERAGE as they like to call it) cannot power it so the compressors keep dropping and restarting and thus it hadnt worked 16 hours straight. Whats the way forward? You need to change the compressor to a smaller one. Ok! But theres a catch - the lower rated compressor doesn't have the power of the old one and so your machine now freezes in 30 hours! Why didnt they just put the small (NEPA capable) one in the 1st place since we know NEPA can't handle the big ones ALWAYS. I have met dozens of people who have had this experience who are amazed when they see me use ordinary 2HP compressors rather the 2.5 and even 3HP mainly used around. Scam! Many retired people are suffering cos of such practices. And we say Naija get as e be.

So you see my brother, nuclearboy won't unleash mayhem. Your typing is doing the work for him already
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2009
nuclearboy:

these posts dont show up until you get to reply mode
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by miraexcel(f): 11:14pm On Jun 30, 2009
I HAVE ICE CUBE MAKING MACHINES FOR SELL AT A VERY CHEAP RATE. THEY MAKE CRYSTAL ICE CUBES. I'LL SEND SOME PICS SOON. ONYII 07033582485
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pdozie: 1:08am On Jul 01, 2009
Guys, we shouldn’t turn this forum into a warfare. Like Kunle hinted such forum is meant to help members and participants and not bring enmity.

Fuke, I believe Nuclearman made his comments about you not because he wanted to spite you but because the expected feedback from you didn’t come. And believe me that has been the characteristic of many posters: either they tell you to call them on phone or you mail them all in a bid to strike a deal and make some money.

In any case, like Naijacutee puts it, Nuclearman has the kind of response we need. His machine may not be the best out there but he has not hesitated to give out some info. Most people will not send you documentation for their products with such details until you make some financial commitment to them. In fact many do not even have documentations!

I have personally decided to open the Ice block business for my wife. I've had the opportunity to contact many ice block machine makers whose contact most of which I got from this forum. I can say that out of the lot, I was impressed by NuclearMan and Deekooler. I think one area the 'white people' beat us is in product packaging. On that basis I would choose Deekooler's product. That will be based on alleged support model and packaging. But we all know that all is glitters is not gold.

I'm still looking for a shop anyway for the business which I have to sort before committing on a machine. I believe location of the shop matters (may take time to get vacant shop at desired location though). Kunle rightly asked for the price of Ice blocks. That info helps one in estimating when the business is likely to break through considering investment in the machine, generator, shop rent, stabilizer, freezer etc.

Nuclearman, my concern for your machine is in area of support. Recall I've asked this question in my mail before. Though you answered that the machine doesn’t give such problems often, we do know a machine can break down either due to the carelessness of the user or other factors. In that case how do you support from Ibadan while machine is in Lagos. Also can you confirm if the machine is a single phase or 3 phase machine.

All I've attached my correspondence with Deekoler's MD for you consumption.
I will also need inputs from forum members on which one to go for eventually

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by fuke(m): 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2009
Pdozie, i didn't take offence of Nuclear boy writing, i only wanted to make clarifications. If i sounded rough edged I am sorry. I was brought up in a truly refined tradition of accommodating others opinion. Now this ice block business. My candid advise is if your supply of electricity from the grid is not stable do not do it. Now  if you are loaded and you can afford to buy a generator to drive a battery of the machines,go ahead. You will make money. If electricity is stable the business is very profitable. Dan associate has made my job easy, he already has a website.  please use goggle to check his site and make comprisons. Visit on www.danultimate.com

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by kokorunna(m): 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2009
Instead of buying a ice block machine, while don't you get some engineers in Nigeria to build you a cold room.

That way you make you profit much quickly. cheesy
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 4:22pm On Jul 01, 2009
kokorunna:

Instead of buying a ice block machine, while don't you get some engineers in Nigeria to build you a cold room.

That way you make you profit much quickly. cheesy

A cold room is not the most efficient way to make ice. There are lots of wasted energy there. An ice machine will direct its energy in making the ice more efficently
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 4:50pm On Jul 01, 2009
PDOZIE: I'll read the attached documents and send you comments privately.

vis the issue of warfare: My grouse with other manufacturers (and friends) in this business is the type of practices used. And I'm not afraid to say so openly, I'm in the ice town of Nigeria and know most all whats happening in the business. They make the noisy adverts all over and get the clients. 3 months later, a guy comes up to ME and wants me to prove my machine won't do the same, atimes by giving them the machine "free" for a trial period after which they'll then pay. I have heard tummy-turning testimonies. I have a client who when she first came sat from morning when we loaded till evening when we offloaded. A MAJOR manufacturer had sold her 2 machines that froze after 72 hours.

I wrote this earlier - You go into a place and ask about machines. You're handed a color brochure from which you read a particular model that fits your budget freezes 200 blocks (size?) in 16 hours and carries 2 condensing units. Rarely do you get a techie who will intelligently answer your queries and when you do, he's brusque, hurried and starts dropping names of "big" people who bought. You succumb to pressure and buy but it doesn't perform in 16 hours. On inspection, you are told your power quality (or AMPERAGE as they like to call it) cannot power it so the compressors keep dropping and restarting and thus it hadnt worked 16 hours straight. Whats the way forward? You need to change the compressor to a smaller one or buy a 35KV generator (that uses 8 liters hourly) to power a machine that'll produce 4K worth of ice after "16" hours. Ok, no contest - change the compressor! But theres a catch - the lower rated compressor doesn't have the power of the old one and so your machine now freezes in 30 hours! Why didnt they just put the small (NEPA capable) one in the 1st place since we know NEPA can't handle the big ones ALWAYS. I have met dozens of people who have had this experience who are amazed when they see me use ordinary 2HP compressors rather the 2.5 and even 3HP mainly used around. Scam! Many retired people are suffering cos of such practices. There are many more of such stories and ways.

This is almost exactly what happened to me. I hold a Bachelors in Computer Science from the University of Ibadan and when I invested in this business as a machine BUYER, I know the websites, radio announcements etc I listened to. I also saw the beauty and packaging. I went deeper than I could afford (alaseju baba asete) only to find I was in real deep "shit". I couldnt come out (stuck with a machine that earned me 400 Naira every three days after spending close to a mill then) and thus searched the web for answers.

Could these machines work? What was the problem? , . , I met a 61 (then) yr old refrigeration engineer from the US who found me and the idea funny and decided to teach me, I still have the refrigeration guages HE USED to learn the trade 41 years ago (he sent them to me later). I also learnt from my earlier copious investment that I didnt want a lovely machine. I just wanted to make oodles of cash, whether from a brick-wall or from Miss Universe. I've never been afraid of hard work so I learnt how to weld and rebuilt an ugly yet easy to fix money maker. Quite a number of people agree with me as evidenced by the number of machines I build nowadays. So this forum is not about seeking for paying clients. If they come, ok, but let people know the truth about this thing. I'm part of it now and don't want insults or to be told "thats what all of you say".

[1] Its bloody hard work
[2] Its messy
[3] Good machines are not easy to come by
[4] PHCN or no, you can make money from it though you may have to invest quite a bit more than you initially thought

By the way, all true honest profitable work is hard work. I have my degree, still write software in collaboration with professional colleagues atimes, have a fish farming business and some other investments, have a verbose ICE-BLOCK machine user manual that I designed yet have refused to create a website simply because I prefer direct one on one contact. I don't care if you want 40 Machines or only signed 9 digit checks, you ought to come see how I do it. Then, you have a physical REAL (not online) guide and cant say you didn't get the idea then. No masking cos I REMEMBER WHAT THEY DID TO ME!!!. Why do same to another? And the idea I use four of these daily tell a story. I know my machines.

So make una no vex O at my intransigence and refusal to negotiate. I refuse to see someone trying to do well and invest as a victim "to gbori wa"

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Withdraw Money From Limited Paypal Account | Bitcoin-Payoneer | iyemikEXchange / HolarDeb.org Nairaland CUSTOMER SUPPORT / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.