Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,515 members, 7,770,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:01 AM

Ice Block Making Machine - Business To Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Ice Block Making Machine (101295 Views)

Nigerian Automatic Block Making Machine For Sale / Ice Block Making Machine Available For Sale / China Supplier Of Ice Block Mahine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 6:08am On Mar 09, 2010
Pinrikki:

Hi guys,
I have just invested in an ice block making machine. I must confess that I was carried away by the advert for the machine. The initial production of the machine took almost 24hrs. I was horrified! Thereafter the situation did not improve as production continued to be unprofitable because the machine settled to a constant 15-18hrs per production. I spent sleepless nights, worrisome daytimes, countless phone calls and visits to the manufacturers of the machine in an attempt to find a solution to make the machine perform efficiently and make some profit. I was almost having hypertension!
My advise to anyone wanting to enter into this business is not to neglect to conduct a good feasibility studies, and unless you have a source of good and constant electricity you will just be working for the petrol stations, because your diesel bill will take a huge chunk of your earnings!
I was very intrigued by the analysis posted by nuclearboy in July 2009, It has helped me to understand the energy requirement of my machine. Thank you. I am not yet seeing blue on my bank acct but the proper understanding of the business has lowered my blood pressure. There is indeed a truth in the saying of the Good Book, "my people perish because of lack of knowledge".
I have browsed the internet for machines, there is a lot of stuff out there. Check out this firm from South Africa. email info@zbauns.com. I have also investigated some Nigerian companies who are into manufacturing e.g. Austen Laz in Benin, Powercool at Iyaganku in Ibadan, and several local fabricators. Their problem has been the tropicalisation of the machines.
The business of producing ice blocks is an industrial one, unless one is willing to correctly invest in it, the profit will remain marginal. One of the posts I read where someone stated that he had 4 machines and was virtually smiling to the bank confirms my findings that to make a profit one needs to go into this business on a fairly large scale . Thus, the truth of the matter is not in controversies on the type, design and capacity of the machine produced in Nigeria but on how to run this business profitably. I hope my experience is of some help. Ciao.

Can you pls explain further on the machine you purchased? Pics? Was it imported or local machine. How much are you selling one block for now? Diesel expenses?
Good response i might add. Keep up the good work.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by Pinrikki: 4:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hi Kunle-A, I am sorry I am not too savvy with the computer, I'll do my best to explain as I can't upload the pictures but you can check the 9th of March 2010 Guardian newspaper page 54 for advert by Austen Laz where you can get a good impression of their machines. Also on that page is the advert of Machine & Merchantile Warehouse Ltd, for ice block making machines. These adverts are wonderfull but the claims should be taken with a pinch of salt!

However I bought a machine from Austen Laz Co. It was an expensive machine and I had to install a 24KVA diesel gen to run it. It exactly as the one shown in the advert. The machine was locally fabricated by the company but uses an imported compressor.

The machine is a single phase one with Japanese compressors ranging from 2 1/2 H.P. to 4 1/2H.P. fitted with double vacuum sliding glass cover.

To be able to run 2 shifts we use 50 liters of Diesel per day but it may be less if PHCN has mercy on us and give us light for many hours. and blocks are sold for between N 60. and N 100.each depending on the quantity purchased and the demand. As you know the business is also affected by the availability of PHCN. When there is light in the area generally, the demand falls so we have to reduce the price to recoup the cost of diesel. Ciao.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
Pinrikki:

Hi Kunle-A, I am sorry I am not too savvy with the computer, I'll do my best to explain as I can't upload the pictures but you can check the 9th of March 2010 Guardian newspaper page 54 for advert by Austen Laz where you can get a good impression of their machines. Also on that page is the advert of Machine & Merchantile Warehouse Ltd, for ice block making machines. These adverts are wonderfull but the claims should be taken with a pinch of salt!

However I bought a machine from Austen Laz Co. It was an expensive machine and I had to install a 24KVA diesel gen to run it. It exactly as the one shown in the advert. The machine was locally fabricated by the company but uses an imported compressor.

The machine is a single phase one with Japanese compressors ranging from 2 1/2 H.P. to 4 1/2H.P. fitted with double vacuum sliding glass cover.

To be able to run 2 shifts we use 50 liters of Diesel per day but it may be less if PHCN has mercy on us and give us light for many hours. and blocks are sold for between N 60. and N 100.each depending on the quantity purchased and the demand. As you know the business is also affected by the availability of PHCN. When there is light in the area generally, the demand falls so we have to reduce the price to recoup the cost of diesel. Ciao.

Thanks for your post. I am not presently in Nigeria. I wont mind calling you if its OK with you. Are u in Lagos? What is the size (kg) of the blocks?
My email is: promise72@yahoo.com
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by omamokta: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2010
Hi, i can give you information on local icemaking machine.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2010
Hello All:

Thanks for the nice compliments and your interest in these machines! I have severally mentioned that I came into this business as a user rather than a builder and so my machines were designed to please ME! Its sad that most of those who build these machines have never used them and so cannot truly say they understand their products. Please insist on seeing a demonstration so you do not end up like "Pinrikki", having a bad experience.

In Refridgeration, you are removing heat from a "cold" place and transferring it to a "hot" place since the surroundings are hotter than the compartment. Basically then, you are, as it were, fighting against Nature. It is not easy and so, claims should be investigated. Also, realise that putting it together is much easier than using it - your location's conditions matter most in this "mix"

1 Like

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by KunleA2(m): 9:13am On Apr 19, 2010
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by davo223: 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2010
nuclearboy, i nid ur phone number.maybe u txt me on 08033960937 or mail it to me alabiayotunde@yahoo.com.reply soon
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by fuke(m): 10:11am On Apr 23, 2010
Pinrikki:

Hi Kunle-A, I am sorry I am not too savvy with the computer, I'll do my best to explain as I can't upload the pictures but you can check the 9th of March 2010 Guardian newspaper page 54  for advert by Austen Laz where you can get a good impression of their machines. Also on that page is the advert of Machine & Merchantile Warehouse Ltd, for ice block making machines. These adverts are wonderfull but the claims should be taken with a pinch of salt!

To be able to run 2 shifts we use 50 liters of Diesel per day but it may be less if PHCN has mercy on us and give us light for many hours. and blocks are sold for between N 60. and N 100.each depending on the quantity purchased and the demand.  As you know the business is also affected by the availability of PHCN. When there is light in the area generally, the demand falls so we have to reduce the price to recoup the cost of diesel. Ciao.

That is the truth. For those who need more ifo on this read my article  "ice block business, cash cow or cash pit?" at
http://biz4naijagraduates..com/2009/09/ice-block-business-cash-cow-or-cash-pit_17.html

Those who have ears, let them hear.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2010
^^^

Are you still in the business?

Your analysis in your article is quite fair. I agree with mainly everything you say but, your assumptions on behalf of the machine and market, are numerous. You have pegged cost of machine, output and the market.

But basically, you are right. The business becomes "truly" profitable when you run multiple machines as effectively as can be. Or when you own the market you sell to i.e. no competition!
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by phoebewal(f): 10:47pm On Apr 23, 2010
Ice block making is not my line of business, but a company called 'Austin Lazarus' also advertises on TV and radio. Their head office is in Benin City, and they have branch offices in Lagos, PH, and Abuja. You can do your due dilligence to also find out about them. I'm mentioning them 'cos I notice nobody has. I hope you find this suggestion useful.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 2:34pm On May 13, 2010
Shanghai Better Industry Co., LTD is a professional company specializing in research, design, sale and manufacture of ice making machine, which provides different kinds for different purposes including large-size cube ice machine, flake ice machine, tube ice machine, marine ice machine and water cooling-packaged chiller. These products are widely used in large ice factories, supermarkets, aquatic production processing, pelagic fisheries, vegetable/fruit processing and preservation, meat processing and concrete cooling.

Please contact us for the details!

Company: Shanghai Better Industry Co.,LTD
Email: china.machinery@live.cn
MSN:china.machinery@live.cn

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 6:19am On May 14, 2010
Shanghai Better Industry Co.,Ltd is the professional supplier of ice making machine. Wecome you can browse our website:
www.chinaicemakingmachine.com

Of course, if you need any support please contact us via following ways:

Email: sales@chinaicemakingmachine.com
MSN: china.machinery@live.cn
Mobile:+86-13671510188
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by yomore(m): 3:34pm On May 15, 2010
Pls Nuclearboy

Kindly send me  the capacities of your ice block making machines and their prices.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 3:30am On May 16, 2010
Shanghai Better Industry Co., LTD is a professional company specializing in research, design, sale and manufacture of ice making machine, which provides different kinds for different purposes including large-size cube ice machine, flake ice machine, tube ice machine, marine ice machine and water cooling-packaged chiller. These products are widely used in large ice factories, supermarkets, aquatic production processing, pelagic fisheries, vegetable/fruit processing and preservation, meat processing and concrete cooling.

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 8:09pm On May 16, 2010
Yomore:

whats your email address and/or phone number? Email would be better though! Write me at nlbomb@gmail.com
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 2:09pm On May 21, 2010

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by pikkin(m): 5:39pm On May 22, 2010
hello its good to know that someone out there cares. nuclearboi and others, thanks for all. my question:
how much do i need to startup an average sized iced block store? do u know what the market is like around sagamu, Ogun state?
if u dont mind, please send me a rough estimate(proposal) on pikinparae@yahoo.com.
i am ready to start up ASAP. i look forward to it.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 6:29pm On May 22, 2010
^^^ You have new email
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 12:58pm On May 28, 2010

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by waladis(m): 9:03pm On May 29, 2010
Interesting thread smiley
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by Orthoclase(f): 9:53pm On May 30, 2010
@ fuke, I have tried to follow you link to read your article but its not working I even copied and pasted to my browser still not working, can you please copy and paste the contents on naira and page?! Thanks in anticipation
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by axeman85(m): 9:55pm On May 30, 2010
yes very interesting thread.   in ordert o be making the much desired profit in this business you need at least a minimum of 3machines. as the cost of dielse should be considered as well as wages for staff if you have any as well as running expenses as well of which diesel is the major expense here, so in aspect, 1 freezer will be able to pay for the diesel while the other should be able to take care of other expenses and leave you with a little bit left over.  location and competition is also other aspect to be considered, and alsoi believe peoole should look into the possibility of ice cubes as well for party purposes instead of focusing solely on the conventional long ice block.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 7:21am On May 31, 2010
If anyone wants to know the details of our ice making machine, please send email to us:
sales@chinaicemakingmachine.com

Moble: +86-13671510188

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2010

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by alambolo: 4:54pm On Jul 13, 2010
hi guys n gals,
i live and work in ibadan and i have been considering the ice block biz as a second stream of income.
just wanted to find out if nuclearboy resides in ibadan or lagos .
if yes can we meet pls.
thanks
alambolo
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nuclearboy(m): 8:38pm On Jul 13, 2010
nuclearboy is in Ibadan - nlbomb@gmail.com for more details
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:03pm On Jul 29, 2010
@nuclearboy,

I need the full information too. ayokemi2003@yahoo.com is my e-mail address.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nicewinner: 12:01pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ice block machine for sale

100 moulds in 15hrs capacity

Price is 220k only - very very cheap offer.

Contact 0702949 2829 or jaxx700@gmail.com and I'll send you the pictures.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by nicewinner: 12:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
Ice block machine for sale

100 moulds in 15hrs capacity

Price is 220k only - very very cheap offer.

Contact 0702949 2829 or jaxx700@gmail.com and I'll send you the pictures.
Re: Ice Block Making Machine by icemachine(m): 5:18am On Oct 29, 2010
Nigeria is a very good market for our ice making machine, especially for ice block machine and flake ice machine. If anybody insterested in our ice maker, please contact us freely. This machine just can change your water into money,it is really good business for you!

Shanghai Better Industry Co.,LTD

Re: Ice Block Making Machine by miraexcel(f): 8:05am On Oct 29, 2010
Looking for industrial ice block making machine? Contact me on 017344049 , 07033582485

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Withdraw Money From Limited Paypal Account | Bitcoin-Payoneer | iyemikEXchange / HolarDeb.org Nairaland CUSTOMER SUPPORT / Lets build an LPG/Cooking Gas Plant for you

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.