Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70785 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chiaka(f): 10:46am On Aug 04, 2015
ZACHIE:
How can Kano not generate enough IGR to power itself amazes me.
Were each citizen to be captured in the tax network Kano shouldn't go broke.
Aside, if all the manufacturing concerns pay too, more than enough will accrue to the State government.
Something is wrong with these figures and government

If Nigeria practices true federalism we wont we here ranting. We forget about the north which have numerous states and contributes next to nothing to the federal purse. The bulk of allocations goes to the north and they contribute little or nothing at all...........so who are the real parasites
For me until we practice true federalism, as APC campaigned they would, this whole APC thing is fraud!
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ahaz: 11:26am On Aug 04, 2015
samueld0:
If Osun state is Truely generating #8b and still can't pay sallary for eight months then the man is heartless
oga what will you say of governor Rochas okorocha (s. o).
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by change49ja: 11:54am On Aug 04, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.

The OP is talking about Internally Generated Revenue(IGR) not federal allocations.

I added all the other top 9 states IGR together and Lagos still beat them by over N40Billion...maka why?

All states should endeavour to generate enough revenue internally and be self sufficient.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by change49ja: 11:59am On Aug 04, 2015
Any state that cannot survive without federal allocation should be merged to other neighboring state in other to reduce unnecessary recurrent expenditures
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by IGBOSON1: 12:08pm On Aug 04, 2015
Can someone help me tell Abia to stop disgracing Ndigbo and fuc/king release their IGR figures for 2014! angry

I'll expect Anambra to take 4th spot for 2015...with Enugu hot on their heels! smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.