Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70778 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Henryjr(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
opososu:
Wow bayelsa made it
yes we made it! y won't we make it when we are d fountain of digits amounting to bazillions, feeding the Nigerian state. Thank God the oil companies are located there......
proudly bayelsan, deltan...

proudly Ijaw boy....citizen of d creek
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
To some of you that are presuming,this is not fg allocation o.It is internally generated revenues that each state tax companies,individuals,workers and businesses.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Jobos(m): 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Chukwutobi:

Intelligent people don't use abusive words!

Dangote borrows to finance businesses that will generate returns which will enable him pay back easily.

your Lagos state governor borrows with the hope to use tax payers money to pay back... it is a pity that our future children will have to pay for what they no nothing about!

SMH for you and your government.
Debt is part of balance sheet , the same way you see creditor at the other side of balance sheet.
The reason why big country like American went under debt crisis under obama. Google to read more about public finance and financial economy.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kagarko:

Talking about internally generated revenue not money given from oil revenue to states.
Kano is definitely among the first five but because they don't provide their financial detail for 2014.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, from the data given by someone on this thread (not sure if it's correct ) the made it into the top ten in 2013 from 2010 - 2014.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chukwutobi: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jobos:

Debt is part of balance sheet , the same way you see creditor at the other side of balance sheet.
The reason why big country like American went under debt crisis under obama. Google to read more about public finance and financial economy.

I quite know theories of public debt. As a matter of fact, I studied economics and understand public finance. A friend of mine did an extensive research which showed that public debt is contributing positively to unemployment in Nigeria and this result is different from what is obtainable in theory and America that you mentioned.

The question is why is it like that in Nigeria? it is because debt acquired are not used for the purpose of which they are acquired!

Let's stop deceit and say the truth.

Truth pays!

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Ephemmm: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2015
Chukwutobi:

Intelligent people don't use abusive words!

Dangote borrows to finance businesses that will generate returns which will enable him pay back easily.

your Lagos state governor borrows with the hope to use tax payers money to pay back... it is a pity that our future children will have to pay for what they no nothing about!

SMH for you and your government.

Is profit-making an essential function of government? Why did Jonathan borrows to pay FG workers during his tenure? After borrowing to finance construction of Lekki Expressway owned by government, is the tax paid by citizens not part of returns? More daily land use charge on buildings, more tickets from new markets, more migration which results to more personal income tax etc .

Are all these serving as income to your 'almighty state'? It is high time you deepen your public knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Lmaooo.

Omo y1bo is making me laff o. Show your face at Sailors Club on Admiralty tonight and let me drown you.

It seems you want me to show you the way to your land of red mud and gully erosion.
Lolz... N100 for irresponsible omo oniles is enough...
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chukwutobi: 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ephemmm:

Is profit-making an essential function of government? Why did Jonathan borrows to pay FG workers during his tenure? After borrowing to finance construction of Lekki Expressway owned by government, is the tax paid by citizens not part of returns? More daily land use charge on buildings, more tickets from new markets, more migration which results to more personal income tax etc .

Are all these serving as income to your 'almighty state'? It is high time you deepen your public knowledge.

It is quite unfortunate that you don't understand that today's debt is the consumption of future benefits.

Do you know the amount used in servicing these debts alone? I meant servicing not paying the debt! If these money are re-invested into the capital budget of this country and are well utilised, can you imagine what the impact will be?

You and I know very well that the resources in this country are not used the proper way including the debt: stop supporting stealing and let's fight for economic freedom!
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mfm04622: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
samueld0:
If Osun state is Truely generating #8b and still can't pay sallary for eight months then the man is heartless

That 8 billion is the ANNUAL IGR while the wage bill per month is more than 4B. Does it compute?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Ijaw house boy, imagine licking the blockus of a person like Dokubo, with his Piggy Idi Amin like look.

Suck.s to be you.

better dan licking the buttocks of a kuliku eater
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Ephemmm: 8:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
Chukwutobi:

It is quite unfortunate that you don't understand that today's debt is the consumption of future benefits.

Do you know the amount used in servicing these debts alone? I meant servicing not paying the debt! If these money are re-invested into the capital budget of this country and are well utilised, can you imagine what the impact will be?

You and I know very well that the resources in this country are not used the proper way including the debt: stop supporting stealing and let's fight for economic freedom!

"It is quite unfortunate that you don't understand that today's debt is the consumption of future benefits". Where did you get this from financial management? Is debt not part of equity? If I borrow money for pressing purpose and its servicing cannot affect my sustainability, what is the problem?

With or without debt/allocation: lagos will survive under no matter how harsh Nigerian economy is: get the fact.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by IGBOSON1: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
ZACHIE:
How can Kano not generate enough IGR to power itself amazes me.
Were each citizen to be captured in the tax network Kano shouldn't go broke.
Aside, if all the manufacturing concerns pay too, more than enough will accrue to the State government.
Something is wrong with these figures and government

^^^Let me not say what's on my mind concerning Kano.....lemme ignore the elephant in the room! wink
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jun 18, 2015
Abia and kano should definitely make that list.

Hope they submit soon.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by EMANY01(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Have you forgotten OBJ and CBN made a policy to force bank HQs to Abuja. What happened?

They opened "fanciful" corporate offices and were doing everything from Lagos, before they realised that it can't work. Same will happen again. No state has the pull of Lagos and no country or city in West Africa has the same pull.

Absolutely agree with you.Please do not view me as an opponent, i'm only playing the red team here or the devils advocate if you will.
My point is that when all that is said and done, the VAT will be remitted to the FEDS and counted to the FCT. Like i said , there wouldn't have to be massive relocations only have a group of people move to those fanciful buildings, rewrite the rules(they only need the CBN for this) pronto.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

Absolutely agree with you.Please do not view me as an opponent, i'm only playing the red team here or the devils advocate if you will.
My point is that when all that is said and done, the VAT will be remitted to the FEDS and counted to the FCT. Like i said , there wouldn't have to be massive relocations only have a group of people move to those fanciful buildings, rewrite the rules(they only need the CBN for this) pronto.

No i am not seeing you as one.

The deals will still be taking place in Lagos, because that the commercial nerve centre. If you are talking of Abuja taking a larger percentage of Public Sector related VAT income from deals concluded in such sector, it might be possibe for FCT to have a larger share of that chunk. Anything outside that can not make FCT have more shares of the VAT.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Pero009: 8:53pm On Jun 18, 2015
myklangelo:
I thank God for my state and the governors that we have and had had. I can always beat my chest and pump my fist as I owe allegiance solely to my state. Anambra a plaace to be, and a place to wish to be when far away from.

Anambra obodo Chukwu goziri agozi.

O wee gi iwe manye ihu na nsi aboki. Daalu.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
See this flat headed guy oooooo,if to say your mumu state dey between 1-5 you for go church go do testimony ooooo.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

better dan licking the buttocks of a kuliku eater
how is that worse than sucking the blockus of a man that looks like Kabila, the Ugandan Giant?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Jobneeded12: 9:17pm On Jun 18, 2015
The biggest MUMUs in Nigeria are the Igbo and Yoruba group
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chukwutobi: 9:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ephemmm:

"It is quite unfortunate that you don't understand that today's debt is the consumption of future benefits". Where did you get this from financial management? Is debt not part of equity? If I borrow money for pressing purpose and its servicing cannot affect my sustainability, what is the problem?

With or without debt/allocation: lagos will survive under no matter how harsh Nigerian economy is: get the fact.

Thanks for the last statement you made!
If Lagos can survive with/without debt, why borrow then?

Fashola's government acquired this debt to pursue projects that are not completed till now. Some have not even started. Do you know that the amount of money spent in Lagos is not upto the amount Singapore and UAE used in developing their economies?

I'm not against borrowing! I'm an economist and I understand the need for public debt however the need is not justified in this country. We have put 'thieves' in charge of our treasury.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by IGBOSON1: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2015
BiafranPrince:

Abia is yet to be released, but I am sure it will be above Anambra or within its range.

^^^You go wait tire! It's already middle of of 2015 and we haven't heard anything from them......what are they collating!?

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Jobneeded12: 11:02pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

it belongs more to the ibos cause they r the life-line of lagos

What life line ?
Piracy ? Prostituons
You don't control shit in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Adeyinka12(m): 11:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Osun adara oooooooooo
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Adeyinka12(m): 11:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jobneeded12:
The biggest MUMUs in Nigeria are the Igbo and Yoruba group
why?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2015
Jobneeded12:

What life line ? Piracy ? Prostituons You don't control shit in Lagos
we control ALL in lagos...even opc sef dey our hand...haaaaaa
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

how is that worse than sucking the blockus of a man that looks like Kabila, the Ugandan Giant?

the same man holding your country with his oil...ur saviour...haaaa...better lick his ass than that of a cow...haaaaa
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by darediamond(m): 12:12am On Jun 19, 2015
How?
They are mentally lazy friend.
There mentality is the "may God help us" one.
eleojo23:
These figures can go higher if states stop relying so much on federal allocation. Most states have natural resources that can be tapped to generate revenue.

Some states have abundance of fruits. I expect those states to set up a juice company or something that would generate income from those fruits but instead, these fruits are harvested by the local people, sold at very cheap prices and the leftovers are left to spoil and decay. It is a waste of resources.

Some other states have beautiful places that can serve as tourist attractions. I expect those states to develop these areas so that it can be a destination for tourists and people who want to go on a vacation and need a nice and natural environment to spend their vacation.

These are just examples of how states can generate revenue.

I always wonder why our governors and leaders don't see these opportunities that abound for revenue generation.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by olawalepopoola: 6:14am On Jun 19, 2015
Yorubas no get oyel, but yet Lagos, Ogun and Oyo made (50%) of Southwest. Hmmm.....mm. Omo Odua ise ya!
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Udyawanga: 8:31am On Jun 19, 2015
i observed dat most of the states are frm south west, south south and south east. wot is northern states doing to improve their igr? viability of any state depends on igr generated thus can we say with exeptn of kadunna all other states in d north are not viable?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Ephemmm: 10:19am On Jun 19, 2015
Chukwutobi:

Thanks for the last statement you made!
If Lagos can survive with/without debt, why borrow then?

Fashola's government acquired this debt to pursue projects that are not completed till now. Some have not even started. Do you know that the amount of money spent in Lagos is not upto the amount Singapore and UAE used in developing their economies?

I'm not against borrowing! I'm an economist and I understand the need for public debt however the need is not justified in this country. We have put 'thieves' in charge of our treasury.

Whether the amount spent on Lagos is equal to the summation of the amount spent the whole of your region or not that is none of my business because Lagos a state with highest number of migrants from all parts of this country, which they have to cater for.

When Obj ceased Lagos State's allocation for so long, did the state survive it or not? Take it or leave it, Lagos is the commercial hubs of Nigeria. In fact, with the availability of untapped presence of oil coupled with its ability to generate the highest internal revenue, it is a state that can survive on its own without allocation from FG.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by PPAngel(f): 10:25am On Jun 19, 2015
Aregberascal has for the past two years running budgeted over 450bn with FAAC allocations for 2014 and 2015 not expected to exceed 80bn.

Since his state IGR is not among the first top 10 it is obvious it can never meet the shortfall of over 370bn.

So what this implies is that this man based his budget exclusively on bank loans.

And given that he refuse to pay salaries the state debt is conveniently over 400bn since he was elected in 2011.

Wahala dey ohhh
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Chukwutobi: 12:23pm On Jun 19, 2015
Ephemmm:

Whether the amount spent on Lagos is equal to the summation of the amount spent the whole of your region or not that is none of my business because Lagos a state with highest number of migrants from all parts of this country, which they have to cater for.

When Obj ceased Lagos State's allocation for so long, did the state survive it or not? Take it or leave it, Lagos is the commercial hubs of Nigeria. In fact, with the availability of untapped presence of oil coupled with its ability to generate the highest internal revenue, it is a state that can survive on its own without allocation from FG.

I guess you are a politician or an aspiring one; that is the reason you are in support of them.

Public debt is not bad but in Nigeria, it is an opportunity to loot the treasury. This is my argument!

It is only if you are interested in the continuous looting that you will support it.

Let's us use what we have effectively first then we can borrow; those in power has not done the former and are craving for the latter.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wordychap: 3:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
samueld0:
If Osun state is Truely generating #8b and still can't pay sallary for eight months then the man is heartless
Its 8.5b annually, that translates to 0.7b monthly n its not enough to pay workers even with FG allocation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.