Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70784 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Jaftee(m): 11:19am On Jun 18, 2015
Some people don't pay attention to details, the report said that some states did not submit theirs, like kano and the rest.
So, why ask us or the OP about your state? Go ask your governor.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Flets: 11:19am On Jun 18, 2015
Yet we pay toll fees on state owned roads built with tax payers's money in a lagos state with the highest IGR.

APC is evil.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by wordychap: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2015
ZACHIE:
How can Kano not generate enough IGR to power itself amazes me.
Where each citizen to be captured in the tax network Kano shouldn't go broke.
Aside, if all the manufacturing concerns pay too, more than enough will accrue to the State government.
Something is wrong with these figures and government
Kano is among d 13 states that have not submitted their figures.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mmsen: 11:20am On Jun 18, 2015
wordychap:
I disagree with akwa-ibom 15.9 billion
Where did they get such IGR from?

Hotels/Tourism, construction (and surrounding businesses) as well as an influx of retailers and manufacturers.

Imagine what the IGR would be if churches and other houses of religious fraud had to pay tax?

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:20am On Jun 18, 2015
tonychristopher:
this is false, where is Abia, where is Delta dont they generate crude evem bayelsa

*face-palm*
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mrmetoo1: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2015
I'm expecting to see a significant jump in KD's IGR
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:21am On Jun 18, 2015
mmsen:

Hotels/Tourism and an influx of retailers and manufacturers.

Imagine what the IGR would be if churches and other houses of religious fraud had to pay tax?

Plus taxation.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:21am On Jun 18, 2015
So Kano state with all the massive population it boasts of (claims to be more populous than Lagos) and the very huge amount of federal allocation that is sunk there runs an Almajiri government.
What a SHAME!.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2015
Setaje:
Lagos is just too rich. Kilode!!!!

Yet it has the largest debt...deceiving the gullible ones. It's no different from Osun..it borrows greatly to supplement it's IGR; an IGR generated largely by non yorubas.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mmsen: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Plus taxation.

IGR IS taxation.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by jogsman01(m): 11:22am On Jun 18, 2015
Swaqwiz:
see figure....Meanwhile Would You Like To Make N5,000 - N10,000 Daily With Your Mobile Phone Or Computer Doing Some Simple Task? Well Visit my signature and access the website
if i visit ur signature and i no make 4k sef. na thunder go fire ur yansh be dat
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mrmetoo1: 11:22am On Jun 18, 2015
mmsen:

Hotels/Tourism, construction (and surrounding businesses) as well as an influx of retailers and manufacturers.

For real! What do they use their tax exempt status for? To buy private jets and have luxurious cars in their convoy, I'm christian but especially churches. So far I haven't seen an Imam with a personalized plate Rolls Royce driving about with security or flying everywhere in a private jet

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nicepoker(m): 11:23am On Jun 18, 2015
shachris02:
aba should be in that list
aba na state?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mmsen: 11:24am On Jun 18, 2015
new2020:

Yet it has the largest debt...deceiving the gullible ones. It's no different from Osun..it borrows greatly to supplement it's IGR; an IGR generated largely by non yorubas.

Debt is needed to finance new projects - no one takes their income and ploughs it all into building. That is why we have banks.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2015
ocelot2006:

Look at the list again. Akwa Ibom is number 7. Also it's about IGR NOT monthly allocations.
Sorry! It was a mistake....
Correction taken.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by iyb(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2015
Kano state generated 90 billion last year this list is false
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nicepoker(m): 11:24am On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.
run along and read it all over
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2015
Meiji:
So how come Rivers and Akwa Ibom are owing their workers? Where is all the money?

Rivers State: Ask Amaechi. He looted the treasury and Rivers is BROKE.

Akwa Ibom State: Apart from recent intakes/new staff members, EVERY OTHER member of staff have been paid till date and are not being owed at all. There's still need for the new administration to do something about this immediately.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2015
mmsen:

You can't read? AKS is there.
Where is Kano is a valid question.
Sorry! It was a mistake.... Correction taken.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by EMANY01(m): 11:25am On Jun 18, 2015
Atouke:
All the state r looking for oil money except lagos.

Lagos mega IGR is standing on the platform provided by the presence of the operational control of the oil industry, its financing and servicing businesses in Lagos.

Relocating head offices and control of the oil Co's to the ND will at the first level HALVE THE IGR WITHIN A TWENTY FOUR MONTH PERIOD.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by mikanju: 11:26am On Jun 18, 2015
Really shocked shocked

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by fromnigeria(m): 11:26am On Jun 18, 2015
Delta State in third position PLUS federal allocation = In Debt and can not pay her workers.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 11:27am On Jun 18, 2015
lomprico:
"INTERNALLY" generated revenue not federal allocation.
I understand...
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 18, 2015
Setaje:
Lagos is just too rich. Kilode!!!!

Lagos is doing fine, that is accepted but the question is the development we see in Lagos today is it commensurate with the revenue generated?

5 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by seeker121(m): 11:29am On Jun 18, 2015
Gibberish.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:30am On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:

Sorry! It was a mistake....
Correction taken.

No probs.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by hansad: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2015
Kano is so rich that it does not need money generated from sales of alcohol products, so every now and then, Hisbah Islamic Police raid alcohol products all over Kano state and burn them in the open with the media attending.

But wait for it - at every local government federal allocations day, Kano officials move down to Abuja and collect largest share from federal revenues; lots of the federal revenues were gathered through VAT from sales of alcohol products in other states.

Nigeria is a wonderful country with a wonderful unitary government system.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 18, 2015
Chai! I should have booked my space! cry cry cry cry cry angry angry cry cry cry

Anyways this ftc thing is beans, I wonder why people make so much noise about it.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ademoladeji(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2015
LAGOS is RICH yet the Debt bothers me...

I love GIDI
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 11:31am On Jun 18, 2015
mmsen:

IGR IS taxation.

It's more than just taxation. What of income from govt-owned corporations?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Setaje(f): 11:32am On Jun 18, 2015
new2020:

That's a stupid thing to say. What figures do u have to show that the igr is generated by non yorubas. Una don start. Abeg don't quote me wiv anything tribal u hear!

8 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by lyntiffany(f): 11:34am On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Among the top 10, Enugu state is the best...
Why is Enugu state receiving the smallest FG allocation than the other 9 states, whereas it generates more than expected..
my dear I shock me o! infact I tire me embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.