Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (70782 Views)

IGR: Poor And Rich States In Nigeria - Economic Confidential / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / 7 Nigerian States With The Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Horlufemi(m): 12:59pm On Jun 18, 2015
shocked Lagos na miniFG shocked

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2015
Ok
chamboy:
Sorry Where are the Biafran states

D likes of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

yes..d ibos making d money for them

Very funny.

Busy making money for others, that you cannot make for yourselves.

What a solomon-like wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ocelot2006(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
hamzeiy:
your response has made your bigotry so clear......defending one easily while castigatin the other....broda evrything shouldnt be about politics.. we should try to be rational on issues

This has absolutely nothing to do with bigotry or politics. It's simply the truth. I'm not absolving Akwa Ibom as these new staff members are yet to be paid MONTHS of wages. That said, every other staff have been paid till date.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2015
bogolobango:
Lagooner make una see una life oyo state with rusted roof nd ogun generates more revenue than anambra nd u guys to claim its the most industrious state in nigeria

Chaii i don forget lagos grin

Proudly south westerner

rusted roofs...u like dat
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by lifeworth247(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by AMvanquish: 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
Kitsune:
The report listed the 13 states that had yet to provide details of their IGR for 2014 as Abia, Adamawa, Borno, Cross River, Ebonyi, Edo, Gombe, Jigawa, Kano, Kwara, Ondo, Taraba and Yobe.

Obviously some people just dont know how to read. Thats for all those asking about Kano.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

rusted roofs...u like dat

Far better than gully eroded land.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Very funny.
Busy making money for others, that you cannot make for yourselves.
What a solomon-like wisdom.
LAGOS BELONGS TO EVERYONE AND TO NO ONE.. it is a no man's land
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:
Where is Kano state? With the high FG allocation it receives monthly.

What do you understand by IGR? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:07pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

Yes we know.

That is why we are showing you your portion of Lagos------- The Lagoon. grin

5 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
masonkz:

What do you understand by IGR? undecided
I understand.. (Internal generated resources)... I mean, Kano receives high FG and generates absolutely small resources...
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 1:10pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Far better than gully eroded land.
am sure 90% of that revenue of Ogun came from rituals ...haaaaa
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
mrintelligent:

Do you know the difference between IGR and FG Allocation? just asking

I mean, Kano receives high FG allocation and generates absolutely small resources(Internal generated resources)
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 1:12pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Yes we know.

we own Lagos...the ibos...AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by EMANY01(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

The 3 biggest Financial Centres of the world, do not have oil revenue, and they command a substantial amount of financing of the oil sectors in the world.

London, New York and Hong Kong.

The same is with Lagos. [size=15pt]If you relocate the HQ of oil majors to Timbuktu or Torah Borah mountain, Lagos will still always be financing them and the taxes on such deals, will still be paid in Lagos.[/size]

There are functional ports in Warri, Onne and Calabar. Why are the importers from SE and SS not making use of them.

The truth is importers are at the mercy of the freighters and the freighters will tell you the port they are going to and the ones they won't go to. Ask importers, they will confirm this.

Usage of those ports can only be possible if SE businessmen can enter into agreement with major freighters to be plying those ports.

Apart from that, it's a very long thing.

There you go with that defensive mindset.I never said all business activities will be moved from Lagos.I modified my post to avoid this sort of response.
In any case,for the scenario you mentioned that i highlighted, [size=14pt]the tax on such deals if any[/size] will be paid to the Feds not the state government.You would have to prove otherwise to convince me.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 1:14pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Yes we know.

Who is We?

Have you ever been to Lagos?
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Macelliot(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2015
NewsHub:

The post is talking about Internally Generated Revenue(IGR) and not Federal allocation. IGR is money a state generates by itself...money made within.
I understand..

I mean, Kano receives high FG allocation and generates absolutely small resources...

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:19pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

am sure 90% of that revenue of Ogun came from rituals ...haaaaa

Just the same way 99% of the whole of SE revenue is from kidnapping, baby factory, drug peddling, prostitution, armed robbery, fake products and fake drugs

2 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2015
Macelliot:

Who is We?

Have you ever been to Lagos?
Lmaooo.

Omo y1bo is making me laff o. Show your face at Sailors Club on Admiralty tonight and let me drown you.

It seems you want me to show you the way to your land of red mud and gully erosion.

3 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:21pm On Jun 18, 2015
EMANY01:

There you go with that defensive mindset.I never said all business activities will be moved from Lagos.I modified my post to avoid this sort of response.
In any case,for the scenario you mentioned that i highlighted, [size=14pt]the tax on such deals if any[/size] will be paid to the Feds not the state government.You would have to prove otherwise to convince me.

When paid to FG, it will be counted for Lagos state and that is why Lagos always have the highest VAT allocation.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by klevjey: 1:23pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

Just the same way 99% of the whole of SE revenue is from kidnapping, baby factory, drug peddling, prostitution, armed robbery, fake products and fake drugs

ritualists claiming sophisticated
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by passion007: 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2015
NewsHub:

It is not IGR that determines Federal allocation.

That's not quite true.
Federal allocation depends on several parameters one of which is IGR. Others are Population (most influential ), Landmass, Derivation etc
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by EMANY01(m): 1:30pm On Jun 18, 2015
superstar1:

When paid to FG, it will be counted for Lagos state and that is why Lagos always have the highest VAT allocation.

Really ? I guess we would just have to wait and see. Although i wery much suspect that what will happen is that the financial institutions will devolve their structure to better take advantage of the new realities / opportunities when the relocation begins.
I also suspect that the north will seek a way to compel the banks to relocate to the FCT using the CBN in some funny new policy.They wouldn't have to move everything , just the top management and decision making capacity to Abuja,require a few changes to the incorporation structure where does that put the VAT you are holding on to ?
It's a wonderful country we live in, anything can and does happen which is why i laugh when you cite examples of financial centers in the US,UK or wherever.
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

we own Lagos...the ibos...AND THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING U CAN DO ABOUT IT!!!

Noise making and chest beating as usual.

You can only say that on social media. Even your ohaneze no get the liver.

4 Likes

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ahaz: 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
myklangelo:
I thank God for my state and the governors that we have and had had. I can always beat my chest and pump my fist as I owe allegiance solely to my state. Anambra a plaace to be, and a place to wish to be when far away from.

Anambra obodo Chukwu goziri agozi.

O wee gi iwe manye ihu na nsi aboki. Daalu.

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
this is a testimony dat obiano has done a great job in anambra state

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by superstar1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

ritualists claiming sophisticated

Okija comes to mind, son of Clifford Orji.

1 Like

Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ahaz: 1:39pm On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:
TOP TEN STATES BY IGR IN BILLIONS OF NAIRA

1-Lagos -- N276.1
2-Rivers -- N89.1
3-Delta -- N42.8

4-Enugu -- N19.2
5-Ogun -- N17.4
6-Oyo -- N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom -- N15.9

8-Kaduna -- N12.7
9-Bayelsa -- N10.9
10-Anambra -- N10.4

Source:http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/

Excerpt

CC lalasticlala
I knew dis day will come. Were is that yeye mango head called geez he should come and explain how come Osun States gdp is no longer more than d entire gdp of the East. I knew the moment of truth will Come
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by ahaz: 1:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
AfricanGod2:

1-Lagos -- N276.1
2-Rivers -- N89.1
3-Delta -- N42.8

4-Enugu -- N19.2
5-Ogun -- N17.4
6-Oyo -- N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom -- N15.9

8-Kaduna -- N12.7
9-Bayelsa -- N10.9
10-Anambra -- N10.4

Source:http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/lagos-22-others-collected-n586-6bn-igr-in-2014-nbs/

Excerpt

CC lalasticlala
I knew dis day will come. Were is that yeye mango head called geez he should come and explain how come Osun States gdp is no longer more than d entire gdp of the East. I knew the moment of truth will Come
superstar1:

Okija comes to mind, son of Clifford Orji.
AfricanGod2:

1-Lagos -- N276.1
2-Rivers -- N89.1
3-Delta -- N42.8

4-Enugu -- N19.2
5-Ogun -- N17.4
6-Oyo -- N16.3
7-Akwa Ibom -- N15.9

8-Kaduna -- N12.7
9-Bayelsa -- N10.9
10-Anambra -- N10.4

Excerpt

CC lalasticlala
I knew dis day will come. Were is that yeye mango head called geez he should come and explain how come Osun States gdp is no longer more than d entire gdp of the East. I knew the moment of truth will Come you yorubas re pathetic so all d while ure a claiming phantom gdps it's not armed robbery money that's driving ur economy so Oyo State derives it's gdp from the ritual forest, na WA o like I said the truth will always come out
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Rotimi47: 1:45pm On Jun 18, 2015
midolian:
With this, Lagos no suppose need any support from FG sef cheesy cheesy
You're wicked
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Rotimi47: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2015
midolian:
With this, Lagos no suppose need any support from FG sef cheesy cheesy
You're wicked grin
Re: Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR by Rotimi47: 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2015
klevjey:

Lagos is a Yoruba State but we all share to enjoy it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Protesters Take Over The Roads At Ojuelegba (Pictured) / Governor Ishaku Crossed Gada Mayo To Visit Remote Areas In Taraba / #EndSARS: Davido Protests On Top Of A Fuel Tanker (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.