Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,448 members, 7,812,374 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:24 PM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44110 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by zeezahbee(f): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

spillllllllls my coffeeeee OMg 12 times a year flyer and u compare a plane to a restaurant.

ur head is really sophisticated. walahi grin
Lmao, this Kind people won't even be able to fly spirit airline. Spirit no dey even serve ordinary tap water. Am sure awon maami 12 times a year will jump out of the plane due to no food.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
lol everyone else knows flapjacks when they see them cry

The only Nigerian food i have ever had was jollof rice and i dont eat beans.

now i see nd understand u in the UK.
shitty meal still
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by damiso(f): 1:16pm On Jun 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
Damiso sEbi cracker is better and can be kept for long, I mean those smelly food on plane. Those sealed veggies and ketchup inside collapsible plates.

I cant stand those too but some people are wombiliki wombia grin grin and can chop anything choppable . I think the argument should have been more on the heath issues that could be associated with it rather than the issue of being 'cultured' or not.

Our standards on what count as cultured really really varies. We had one long drawn out argument on family section on whether it was bad manners to cook in the kitchen of someone you met the night before and I thought it was rude. Loads of people did not see anything wrong with it. I hold myself to that standard but I learnt that day 'manners' 'etiquette' and 'cultured' are very varied and subjective things that mean different things to different people.

I wont take airline food off the plane but I wont call people who might 'uncultured'.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao, this Kind people won't even be able to fly spirit airline. Spirit no dey even serve ordinary tap water. Am sure awon maami 12 times a year will join out of the plane due to no food.

na curse dem go dey curse those hostesses for Spirit. are they still in biz sef?

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
damiso:

I cant stand those too but some people are[b] wombiliki womb[/b]ia ;[/b]D grin and can chop anything choppable . I think the argument should have been more on the heath issues that could be associated with it rather than the issue of being 'cultured' or not.

Our standards on what count as cultured really really varies. We had one long drawn out argument on family section on whether it was bad manners to cook in the kitchen of someone you met the night before and I thought it was rude. Loads of people did not see anything wrong with it. I hold myself to that standard but I learnt that day 'manners' 'etquette' and 'cultured' are very varied and subjective things that mean different things to different people.

I wont take airline food off the plane but I wont call people who might 'uncultured'.

Ori iya mi ooooo una no go kill person
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by damiso(f): 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Your mum is doing her kids a great disfavour by handing them shitty airplane food. She needs to watch it.

Don't worry we are all ok grin

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 1:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

now i see nd understand u in the UK.
shitty meal still
dont when i got to the UK though.

Shitty meal says the guy who lives on garri and moimoi jan-dec lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by zeezahbee(f): 1:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

na curse dem go dey curse those hostesses for Spirit. are they still in biz sef?
I flew spirit from Houston to Colorado. He be like season film. After one hr, I open eye, no water. The white dude beside me just brought out his water bottle and sipped jejely. Na that time I know say Kaaki no be leather but I survived it. I only need water air for domestic flight and sometimes I don't even drink wate because it's mostly 2-3hrs flight and I can stay 3 hrs without anything.

Spirit still dey oo but if thm call am $1 , I no go enter again. In real sense, they are even expensive and wack, they charge you for carry on sef
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
I flew spirit from Houston to Colorado. He be like season film. After one hr, I open eye, no water. The white dude beside me just brought out his water bottle and sipped jejely. Na that time I know say Kaaki no be leather but I survived it. I only need water air for domestic flight and sometimes I don't even drink water.

at some point my colleagues really talked more abt how cheap they were than their services. the guy done ready for them
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
dont when i got to the UK though.

Shitty meal says the guy who lives on garri and moimoi jan-dec lipsrsealed

I be African man nahhhhhhhh a lot better than ur flap wetin u call am!!!

you are a joke

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 1:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

I be African man nahhhhhhhh a lot better than ur flap wetin u call am!!!

you are a joke
issorite now we know

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
issorite now we know

o girl no dey disgrace urself
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
I flew spirit from Houston to Colorado. He be like season film. After one hr, I open eye, no water. The white dude beside me just brought out his water bottle and sipped jejely. Na that time I know say Kaaki no be leather but I survived it. I only need water air for domestic flight and sometimes I don't even drink wate because it's mostly 2-3hrs flight and I can stay 3 hrs without anything.

Spirit still dey oo but if thm call am $1 , I no go enter again. In real sense, they are even expensive and wack, they charge you for carry on sef

LMAO.

Ow they remain in biz still baffles me
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 1:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

o girl no dey disgrace urself
im not the one who called flapjacks moi moi lipsrsealed so im sure i didnt disgrace myself.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
im not the one who called flapjacks moi moi lipsrsealed so im sure i didnt disgrace myself.

grin grin grin grin grin grin the meal u posted is wack just like everyone on the thread u posted it said and that hasn't changed tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

wwill u eat another for lunch or dinner grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 1:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

grin grin grin grin grin grin the meal u posted is wack just like everyone on the thread u posted it said and that hasn't changed tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

wwill u eat another for lunch or dinner grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
too much moi moi in your head grin i dont blame you

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
zeezahbee:
Lmao, this Kind people won't even be able to fly spirit airline. Spirit no dey even serve ordinary tap water. Am sure awon maami 12 times a year will jump out of the plane due to no food.

for where awon flapjack abolon je ku
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 1:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
too much moi moi in your head grin i dont blame you

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
damiso:

Don't worry we are all ok grin
I'd hope so.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 2:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
damiso:

I cant stand those too but some people are wombiliki wombia grin grin and can chop anything choppable . I think the argument should have been more on the heath issues that could be associated with it rather than the issue of being 'cultured' or not.

Our standards on what count as cultured really really varies. We had one long drawn out argument on family section on whether it was bad manners to cook in the kitchen of someone you met the night before and I thought it was rude. Loads of people did not see anything wrong with it. I hold myself to that standard but I learnt that day 'manners' 'etiquette' and 'cultured' are very varied and subjective things that mean different things to different people.

Yes, matters of etiquette and manners are not explicit black and white. Still, there are things that are just downright inappropriate. Cooking in someone's kitchen you just met the night before is. So is taking food out of an airplane. There are health risks associated with both (how could you know if the gas cooker, for example, had an unusual safety setting to it that must be known before use?). In the end, it really is just ignorance anyways. And who better to wallow in their ignorance than our good old Nigerian fellas.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by tpiadotcom: 3:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Where are you from?

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Bonapart(m): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.
why you carry the matter for head like galla

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

Nothing is free in this world.

The money for that little biscuit, snacks and juice topped with tom tom or chocolate has been added to the flight charge.

Complimentary is just a marketing gimmick, there's nothing like 100% complimentary in business

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by viva7: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Mind your business...... Over sabi sabi no good

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.

Thank U

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by davidque007(m): 5:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts? angry angry

You have no point at all. I sometimes take my food pack off the airplane cos I didn't feel like eating during the flight, sometimes am on a fast and can't eat. There is absolutely nothing wrong in caring ur meal pack out of the plane. So mind your own business

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by carolyntspice: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
When u go to eatery.why don't u eat in alone,hvent u had take out,wht if they r on diet and need to take it when they wish!
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by overlord77: 5:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.

Dude, it's totally your opinion. And it seems you just started flying cos aero used to give out free lunch packs way back before they embarked on the "mid air food purchase" thingy. Like everyone has said, it doesn't in any way show that one is either too poor to afford a decent meal or uncultured, the person just doesn't want to eat it then. I eat mine but at times, take it when I get to my hotel room at my planned destination.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ednaline: 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
I take mine out of the plane. i do it all the time cos i dont want to have a queasy feeling after munching cake and then waltz to the toilet.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Godson201333(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

How does it concern you? After all na me take my money buy am. If I don't eat it, I can give my kids or dash my maid. All these busy body forming Nigerians that don't mind their business angry

Just like AY said on his way in the movie 30 days in Atlanta""""I paid for it and i must consume everything either its good for my stomach or haha ...I sha pay for am!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) / 2 Dead As Private Jet Carrying 5 Lands On Florida Interstate / Nigerian Woman Threatens To Slap White Man On UK Train (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.