Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44077 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by CHIMSKY(m): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Who be dis Antoinne babe wey jus dey form levelsDogs,cats,fishes
Antoinne:

Firstly, it's just so well in the habit of wasteful people to overplan and have excess food at parties. Next time, try to plan more appropriately.
Having said that, excess food at parties should be processed and served to dogs, fishes and other animals. They'd thank you for doing that. Why in the world would you want to 'pack' food for guests to take home? Don't they survive already without your food?

That it's in the take-away pack shouldn't encourage taking it away. That's uncultured. Would you take away food from KLM or Turkish airlines planes? I guess you wouldn't. And not because they don't serve in take-away packs, but merely because they don't encourage it. Would you then, for the desire to compulsorily take something away, enter a KLM flight with your personal cooler and then take away their airplane food? Of course not!

So, please, eat in the aircraft or trash it. If you don't feel hungry there and then, politely decline the food, request water and eat a comfortable dish at the hotel.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Yes, the airline gives you some things for free. A lot of complimentary items come for free. And i guess Nigerians love free things. To then take these free things out as trophy items is no less uncultured than uncultured itself.

They are not freeundecided

I get what you mean though however taking food out a plane is no big deal. The big deal is the Nigerian culture of parties takeways where the host cooks more than enough for the guests to take away and where the guests also attend the party with a secondary intention of taking some food home.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Kimeto(f): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
It's actually pretty self-explanatory "TAKE-AWAY" pack

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Inferiority complex of false superiority. It is complimentary. It is their food. It has been given to them. The packs do not read ''Eat on the Plane or be Shot''. Let them do what they please with it. Besides these are packed in easy to carry packs. It is not as if they poured fried rice into their handkerchiefs.

I do not see how someone's concern will be why people take food out of planes.

10 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chubbyswit(m): 6:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

With the trash and ignorance you guys continually spill here, it's hard to see a respectable future for the black race in the short term. In the long term, hopefully better prospects.
Is it lack that encourages taking a mere 500ngn meal off the plane? Or is it just the greedy wish to want to consume every bit of the money you paid for the flight? When you continue to do things like this, how do you expect your children to learn class and taste? undecided
now what you just typed is racist. A black taking snacks off the plane because of one reason or the other which you'll never find out because you lack the courage to go and confront them is now termed greed and uncultured? Are u implyin that you have not seen whites do same? Where on earth did you come from? God!

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by victoreltemur: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.
ouch,dt was harsh.BTW,am nt sure u hav flown on one befr...just sayin..don't bury me yet oo

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by olumidazz: 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
This poster must be Jonathans step brother. Very foolish of you. Wet in concern you with people's take away food... Or why is the container called a take away pack. Imbecilic slowpoke of a kpenkele mess.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ManTiger(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
Phema:
I take mine out and that is usually the first thing i munch once i settle in. . .

How e take concern you? Dem no pay for am?
[size=80pt]took[/size]

Na your kind dey quick yab Buhari for saying West Germany! Olodo. grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
I take everything hehehe
The lil pillow
That bag that has toothbrush , tooth paste etc .. Infact i take extra snacks self.. Those mini can drink i take that one tooo, the mini butter self i take

Y

I paid for it simple smiley

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Kimeto:

What's the difference? I paid for my food in both instances didn't I?
There's a world of difference. First, most airplane foods on local flights are complimentary, which means you really didn't pay for it. They just serve to make the flight attractive. Second, airplane food is not such that you can take it away. The snack most Nigerians take away have been subjected to varying degrees of pressure and temperature through the chains of cooking, processing, packaging and storage. They are mostly suitable to eat right there and then in the aircraft. It could in fact be unhealthy to take them home or eat them at any other time.
Finally, you go to a restaurant to actually eat. So it makes sense to want to take it home. You don't board a plane because you want to eat. Why then take it home?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ADEBOSUN(m): 6:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
Who determines what cultured people should or shouldn't do?
I'd say take it if you want to, but if not, let other people do as they please.

Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
LadyBoss1:
I take everything hehehe
The lil pillow
That bag that has toothbrush , tooth paste etc .. Infant i take extra snacks self.. Those mini can drink i take that one tooo, the mini butter self i take

Y

Typical...
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Kimeto(f): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

There's a world of difference. First, most airplane foods on local flights are complimentary, which means you really didn't pay for it. They just serve to make the flight attractive. Second, airplane food is not such that you can take it away. The snack most Nigerians take away have been subjected to varying degrees of pressure and temperature through the chains of cooking, processing, packaging and storage. They are mostly suitable to eat right there and then in the aircraft. It could in fact be unhealthy to take them home or eat them at any other time.
Finally, you go to a restaurant to actually eat. So it makes sense to want to take it home. You don't board a plane because you want to eat. Why then take it home?
I'm pretty sure airplane food is not complimentary which will explain why people in first class get better food than people in economy because it is what you paid for.

7 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ideylaff: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

It's surprising to hear this. I guess your thoughts and actions aren't so far from the generality of the many unrefined Nigerians, upper class you may be.

I didn't attack you dear, was just stating the obvious

I've flown to most parts of the world, mixed from continent to continent my dear

I'm just bn frank, there is nothing wrong with it

My flight from Nakata Airport , Tokyo 5 days ago , as I we were getting ready to land , the air hostess in my cabin, said to me,

Mr ...... I know you have kids ( as we interacted a lot on the flight heading to London) please have these bag of biscuits , and almonds for the kids, it's going to be wasted, I replied I know cos I do supply of airline food as well

I said I don't feel like carrying anything as I was tired, she went away, packed it into the Airlines Duty free bag and insisted I take it home and give the kids, when I got home, I den even realised she packed sandwiches as well

I repeat my dear, it's a choice thing and not an uncultured thing

Yes I know some people act bush on flights agreed especially the greedy ones who keep asking for 3 to 4 portions of food southern an take it away. That is uncultured in my books

I fly across the Atlantic @ least 4 to 6. Times in a month And I have dined and wined with royalty at thebhighestblevelnand bn with cultured and extra posh well brought up people

It's not wrong dear, not trying to force my opinion on you, but your post seems just out of sync and concluding that it's uncultured is just not the way to drive home your message love

Better way to put it is, I don't do it cos I don't like it , simple

I bn flying first or business class for the last 25 years and trust me, I see people in my cabin take home food big time

7 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2015
sonofananimal:

I SWEAR WE NO WELL. undecided
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Kimeto(f): 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
LadyBoss1:
I take everything hehehe
The lil pillow
That bag that has toothbrush , tooth paste etc .. Infant i take extra snacks self.. Those mini can drink i take that one tooo, the mini butter self i take

Y

Lol grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Onegai(f): 6:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
salsera:
I take away food from airlines, only snacks and bread I only eat hot food on planes . And its always international flights never local flights.

Reason is because with my transits those snacks help keep ulcer flares down. So I do frequent nibbles as often as I can. The only time I don't do it is when i bring snacks with me.
Its more health than anything. That the food is tasteless is irrelevant.

By the way the tone of this post is seriously condescending. Uncultured unsophisticated
Cmon there are 7bilion people in this world
.Who cares?

You are a Bush Gehs! Yels I said so. Because you've been travelling a lot and see random stuff like this as no biggie (anything that serves your convenience makes much more sense than trying to appear "sophisticated"wink whereas the OP and some posters (one is even championing United domestic, the US' s most irritating airline ever!) are more sophisticated than the rest of us humble folk.

OP, if you realllllyyyy wanna show off your "sophistication", you would put up pics of your "klassy" self in First class, in Singapore Airlines or even Virgin on certain routes (Btw, Singapore Airlines is a dream come true and the truly rich order their food at the lounge so it gets taken on the plane for them). But if you're slumming it in Economy VA (not even springing for extra legroom in Premium Economy! ) and you're whining here about "sophistication", darlin'.... sit ya black arse down with the rest of the poor folk.

Antoinne, of course, this is merely my very humble opinion, pray continue to educate us and enlighten us. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ikorodureporta: 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
Reading commentz: Ajebors Vs Kpakos
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Agbalanze(m): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
I do take mine out and am not planning to stop tongue
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Onegai(f): 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
@ideylaff you sound like my mama, who will buy herself Business or First class and purchase Economy for her children and tell us "I'm training you" as excuse.

That woman angry grin

Even when I said "I'm too old to be trained" her reply was "I don't want to spoil the special moment you finally enter it for your husband" grin

And sometimes she brings plane food with her. I guess I should go and tell her to stop being uncultured and unsophisticated before she buy a her next plane ticket..

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
DICKtator:

Complimentary?

You haven't reached a managerial level/position for you to state this!!

The price for that meal is part(may be hidden) of that flight ticket

Any airline that doesn't offer such service would be cheaper and if they want to partially offer such,would be at the directive of the passenger and would cost more

There is nothing like complimentary, not with the overheads expenses that are been incurred on a regular basis!!!

As a matter of fact,they may even be cheating you and using your "cultured" attitude to break-even or profit more by passing off such "luxury"

When next you are traveling, eat on the plane,ask for more and take away. If others like, let them look, they aren't the ones who paid for your flight ticket and your bank account is still heavy.(I presume)
What do you mean by uncultured self?

Very subjective for you to say that considering how diverse culture is.

grin grin grin grin

i agree its not complimentary, but are you then going to stuff your stomach (which could be unhealthy) and luggages with aircraft foods just to get your moneys worth? grin na you go tire, uncultured perhaps not, uncivil yes! tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by freezy(m): 7:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Dude/Chic...

Please take a chill pill.

1. In Nigeria, the food (snack) is not complimentary. That is why you can get an Aero to Abuja at 10k. You are warned ahead not to expect food
2. The processing of the food is the same with that of any snack purchased. They are sealed and pasteurized (meaning they have a shelf life).
3. These snacks are loaded just before an aircraft takes off. You have companies like SkySnack etc that provide such services. So the subject to pressure does not apply, except it is at preparation stage (which is applicable to all snacks). Pressure in the aircraft is the same with STP. Why? Pilots control cabin pressure.
4. About being suitable to eat there and then, I'll suggest you kindly read up more on pasteurization. Best Before dates are usually indicated on these foods.
5. Whilst you board a plane to get to a destination, a little refreshment does no harm.
6. Finally, if one buys (way overpriced) snacks on an Aero flight, is it OK to take it off the aircraft?

Chill, OK?

Cheers.

6 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Olsoo(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.
E taya me o my sister
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by sleek82(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

You guys don't seem to get it. I guess it's all part of the Nigerian thingy. undecided
please keep quiet if you dont have a constructive argument to put forth...dont come here in the name of copying a white man and show how naive you are....if food is served in a 'takeaway pack' it means you have the option of taking it away if you want and im sure you understand anybody and 'everybody' boarding a flight should av atleast paid a token for the flight and ofcourse serving a meal means all passengers are entitled to the meal. I have seen a white lady take her food off a flight...would you say shes uncultured too? Mschew Cultured man whey no sabi d mean of takeaway packs......normally you are not allowed to put food or any liquid in ur handbag or hand luggage to take on a flight, how come you are not being rebuked for the food you take off airplanes even when you are connecting with another flights? Please get exposed!

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by RentedReality(m): 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Yes, matters of etiquette and manners are not explicit black and white. Still, there are things that are just downright inappropriate. Cooking in someone's kitchen you just met the night before is. So is taking food out of an airplane. There are health risks associated with both (how could you know if the gas cooker, for example, had an unusual safety setting to it that must be known before use?). In the end, it really is just ignorance anyways. And who better to wallow in their ignorance than our good old Nigerian fellas.

Well well, what do we have here.

Kids, here's a proper example of a cultured, well mannered, blue eyed sophisticat who eats birdsized food portions and sh*ts rainbows. Truth is Antoine, you have a serious complex problem going on. Only people with low esteem issues will always want to hold themselves to the standard of others.

You keep mouthing on about being cultured, are you more cultured than Queen and her royal family? How many times do you see them on Tv trying to act normal like the rest of us?

Respect yourself and the decision of others, no one made you a judge of what's cultured or not. Talking like you some high flyer or something. It's the pretentious types that really take the piss.

Guess what, I'm on my way to the airport and I'm making sure to come off that plane with packs of takeaways. My security guys picking me up will appreciate that. But I guess they'll be types like yours judging me when I come off.

7 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 7:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
ideylaff:

I didn't attack you dear, was just stating the obvious

I've flown to most parts of the world, mixed from continent to continent my dear

I'm just bn frank, there is nothing wrong with it

My flight from Nakata Airport , Tokyo 5 days ago , as I we were getting ready to land , the air hostess in my cabin, said to me,

Mr ...... I know you have kids ( as we interacted a lot on the flight heading to London) please have these bag of biscuits , and almonds for the kids, it's going to be wasted, I replied I know cos I do supply of airline food as well

I said I don't feel like carrying anything as I was tired, she went away, packed it into the Airlines Duty free bag and insisted I take it home and give the kids, when I got home, I den even realised she packed sandwiches as well

I repeat my dear, it's a choice thing and not an uncultured thing

Yes I know some people act bush on flights agreed especially the greedy ones who keep asking for 3 to 4 portions of food southern an take it away. That is uncultured in my books

I fly across the Atlantic @ least 4 to 6. Times in a month And I have dined and wined with royalty at thebhighestblevelnand bn with cultured and extra posh well brought up people

It's not wrong dear, not trying to force my opinion on you, but your post seems just out of sync and concluding that it's uncultured is just not the way to drive home your message love

Better way to put it is, I don't do it cos I don't like it , simple

I bn flying first or business class for the last 25 years and trust me, I see people in my cabin take home food big time

I understand your point. You may think it's not unrefined. But If I were in a flight with a business partner and he proceeded to take airplane food with him as he disembarked the aircraft, I don't think I'd still retain respect for such person. It's just so distasteful.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

It's surprising to hear this. I guess your thoughts and actions aren't so far from the generality of the many unrefined Nigerians, upper class you may be.
nigerian posh! grin grin even mama ebuka who eats cucumber with Groundnut considers herself as posh

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 7:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
RentedReality:

Well well, what do we have here.

Kids, here's a proper example of a cultured, well mannered, blue eyed sophisticat who eats birdsized food portions and sh*ts rainbows. Truth is Antoine, you have a serious complex problem going on. Only people with low esteem issues will always want to hold themselves to the standard of others.

You keep mouthing on about being cultured, are you more cultured than Queen and her royal family? How many times do you see them on Tv trying to act normal like the rest of us?

Respect yourself and the decision of others, no one made you a judge of what's cultured or not. Talking like you some high flyer or something. It's the pretentious types that really take the piss.

Guess what, I'm on my way to the airport and I'm making sure to come off that plane with packs of takeaways. My security guys picking me up will appreciate that. But I guess they'll be types like yours judging me when I come off.
Enjoy. Don't forget to stuff your stomach while at it.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Moana(f): 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2015
Onegai:

You, Phema, Moana and co are all Bush Gehs! Yels I said so. Because you've been travelling a lot and see random stuff like this as no biggie (anything that serves your convenience makes much more sense than trying to appear "sophisticated"wink whereas the OP and some posters (one is even championing United domestic, the US' s most irritating airline ever!) are more sophisticated than the rest of us humble folk.

OP, if you realllllyyyy wanna show off your "sophistication", you would put up pics of your "klassy" self in First class, in Singapore Airlines or even Virgin on certain routes (Btw, Singapore Airlines is a dream come true and the truly rich order their food at the lounge so it gets taken on the plane for them). But if you're slumming it in Economy VA (not even springing for extra legroom in Premium Economy! ) and you're whining here about "sophistication", darlin'.... sit ya black arse down with the rest of the poor folk.

Antoinne, of course, this is merely my very humble opinion, pray continue to educate us and enlighten us. smiley

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Seychelles Is Not What You Think It Is! (cost Of Living) / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures / This Is Iju Train Station, Agege, Lagos! (see PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.