Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44105 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by andyanders: 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.

Exactly, you gave op what he/she must know.It does not concern op because they paid for it and that is part of the bargain.Whether the food is part of it the cost or not, they never stole it.

Op, I believe that you do collect the left over and it is paining you that some people go with the pack.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by PrinceVictorE(m): 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
That very word "uncultured" doesn't go down well with me.
It nobody's business how I treat my gift
Besides it is called "Take away"

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Dahjhi: 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

How does it concern you? After all na me take my money buy am. If I don't eat it, I can give my kids or dash my maid. All these busy body forming Nigerians that dont mind their business angry
Like seriously fah.. We don't pokenose like this is Bangladesh grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by NovusHomo(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
I knew no one was going to mention POVERTY, which really is the reason for the shameful act.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by darmys(f): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts? angry angry

why not grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by netmillionaires(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

This shows how uncultured you are. People take food away from parties all the time. After a party the host packs food for guests to take home so the food doesn't waste. I always give my guests when I have excess. I take away my snacks from the plane after all it's a "take away" pack. Get it?
if every well-to-do persons took food out of the plane and give it out to almajiris on the street do you know how long the goodwill will go?... You just judge people without knowing their intention. Like someone said above,'I can give it out to even kids or maids'... If you don't support their view then keep to yours... Let OP dey yarn dust jare... Wait o! Wetin b complimentary. No b 'E follow am come? Meaning na part of wetin u pay 4. Y some people come dey say person no pay 4 am say na complimentary

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by blakky97(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts? angry angry

Brodah if to say you know shey you for just leave that (especially girls) part.
E clear say dem vex for this one I no go lie
E clear like 7up

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chubbygal(f): 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

You got it all wrong!! They paid for it and pls be relived of your sleepless night concerning that.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by blakky97(m): 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Moana:
grin You gave examples of small local airlines you have used in your main post. It explains why you get tasteless food. Other airlines known internationally serve decent food , their reputation depends on efficient service delivery.

And i will repeat this only people without much put so much significance over the small things other people do. Its like your main agenda is psycho-analysing everyone else who isnt aware or bothered by your exsistence.
I laughed hard when I saw your profile picture.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by magicminister: 5:34pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

If the airline thinks its wrong, then they should stop serving in takeaway package
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by wilhazcar: 5:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
@antoinne You're simply on your own and in the minority on this matter. Let it be your pet peeve, but don't force the majority to become "cultured" as you arrogantly put it.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by yeldey: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
As for me, I only consume the drink either bottled water or juice and give out the rest.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chubbyswit(m): 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I'm not taking offence.
antionne i thnk u're one of the reasons the white see blacks as inferior. Your so called cultured mombo jombo is irritating, plz can you define culture abi cultured?

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by misspicy(f): 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Firstly, it's just so well in the habit of wasteful people to overplan and have excess food at parties. Next time, try to plan more appropriately.
Having said that, excess food at parties should be processed and served to dogs, fishes and other animals. They'd thank you for doing that. Why in the world would you want to 'pack' food for guests to take home? Don't they survive already without your food?

That it's in the take-away pack shouldn't encourage taking it away. That's uncultured. Would you take away food from KLM or Turkish airlines planes? I guess you wouldn't. And not because they don't serve in take-away packs, but merely because they don't encourage it. Would you then, for the desire to compulsorily take something away, enter a KLM flight with your personal cooler and then take away their airplane food? Of course not!

So, please, eat in the aircraft or trash it. If you don't feel hungry there and then, politely decline the food, request water and eat a comfortable dish at the hotel.
you are really a wasteful being or a spoilt brat to type that trash above.
Do u knw that millions of naigerian a
go arnd daily without any food to eat? u foolishly suggest that food should be processed and thrown to dogs and fishes when millions of God's image are out der wishing for that food....
You are an animal in human clothing,you are worst than Adolf Hitler. werey.

All this runs girls wastig away their life sef.mumu otondo.

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I did that for the first time two weeks ago on my way back from PH to Lagos. My wife and children were also coming from Abuja to Lagos around same time, we were to meet at the Lagos airport, and ride home together in same taxi. I just reserved the pack for my daughter to give to her when we meet at the airport. I usually feel embarrassed meeting my children empty handed, so I decided to just keep the snacks for her, although she got her own on her flight from Abuja too.

6 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by portaableg(f): 5:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
Food? or Snacks?
Plus there's no rule that says u shouldnt take it out. Its ur entitlement, do as u please.

Maybe we have to leave our luggage too.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I understand I can't force my opinions on others. It just baffles me why people (especially Nigerians) should do this. It makes me ask if there's something wrong with the Nigerian psyche, hence the thread.
Most of all, it really amazes me that the generality of Nigerians believe this a 'normal' situation. Not one response in support! Smh.

Pls and pls help yourself to live long by not worrying over other people and their ways. You may die soon if u persist.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Absolutely! nigerians and mediocrity perhaps its to show people that they just got of the plane, if one is travelling to europe or America its a no no any food served on board an aircraft must be consumed before landing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 5:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
chubbyswit:
antionne i thnk u're one of the reasons the white see blacks as inferior. Your so called cultured mombo jombo is irritating, plz can you define culture abi cultured?
With the trash and ignorance you guys continually spill here, it's hard to see a respectable future for the black race in the short term. In the long term, hopefully better prospects.
Is it lack that encourages taking a mere 500ngn meal off the plane? Or is it just the greedy wish to want to consume every bit of the money you paid for the flight? When you continue to do things like this, how do you expect your children to learn class and taste? undecided

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
misspicy:

you are really a wasteful being or a spoilt brat to type that trash above.
Do u knw that millions of naigerian a
go arnd daily without any food to eat? u foolishly suggest that food should be processed and thrown to dogs and fishes when millions of God's image are out der wishing for that food....
You are an animal in human clothing,you are worst than Adolf Hitler. werey.

All this runs girls wastig away their life sef.mumu otondo.
I see politeness isn't one of your strongest points. I won't exchange words with you. I'd only encourage you to desist from being wasteful.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
banttieman:

Pls and pls help yourself to live long by not worrying over other people and their ways. You may die soon if u persist.
chill! MaN! I Believe the guy is just highlighting his observation undecided its also an opinion everyone is entitled to theirs
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by kobe79: 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Are these hungry miscreants still on this matter??

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 5:54pm On Jun 25, 2015
otiigba1:
Absolutely! nigerians and mediocrity perhaps its to show people that they just got of the plane, if one is travelling to europe or America its a no no any food served on board an aircraft must be consumed before landing
Exactly! You couldn't have said it any better.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
This thread is funny cheesy

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by marv1: 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2015
Daresh:

How does it concern you? After all na me take my money buy am. If I don't eat it, I can give my kids or dash my maid. All these busy body forming Nigerians that dont mind their business angry
I hope if i want to take u to mama basira joint u wont be forming for me.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Pecca: 5:56pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.

you keep repeating "you didn't but it" ans i ask "how come thé food is not available to those that didn't FLY or rather PAY for thé flight?' answers, pronto!
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by devour129: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Firstly, it's just so well in the habit of wasteful people to overplan and have excess food at parties. Next time, try to plan more appropriately.
Having said that, excess food at parties should be processed and served to dogs, fishes and other animals. They'd thank you for doing that. Why in the world would you want to 'pack' food for guests to take home? Don't they survive already without your food?

That it's in the take-away pack shouldn't encourage taking it away. That's uncultured. Would you take away food from KLM or Turkish airlines planes? I guess you wouldn't. And not because they don't serve in take-away packs, but merely because they don't encourage it. Would you then, for the desire to compulsorily take something away, enter a KLM flight with your personal cooler and then take away their airplane food? Of course not!

So, please, eat in the aircraft or trash it. If you don't feel hungry there and then, politely decline the food, request water and eat a comfortable dish at the hotel.
I take away food from any international flight I use n when I use the biz class lounge I pack all pack ables . Av got kids who won't eat in the blame n get hungry btw airport n home n it comes in handy . Now go and d.............e and least I forget it's paid for . People that write the way you do are mostly people who came into money easily n lack home training. Growing up , we where taught not to be wasteful and I wonder the kind of parent that thought you to throw out excess foods instead of sharing with others . You want to form cultured who invented take away packs ? Feeling more English than the queen !

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I understand I can't force my opinions on others. It just baffles me why people (especially Nigerians) should do this. It makes me ask if there's something wrong with the Nigerian psyche, hence the thread.
Most of all, it really amazes me that the generality of Nigerians believe this a 'normal' situation. Not one response in support! Smh.
oh! i am %200 in support, its Absolutely ignorant and uncivilised of any one who takes foods served on an airplane home

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
otiigba1:
chill! MaN! I Believe the guy is just highlighting his observation undecided its also an opinion everyone is entitled to theirs

I just made my opinion known to him/her too. I'm not sure that is a problem.

By the way, it's an opinion if said once and move on. Saying some set of people are uncultured is a direct insult on them. If they choose to remain uncultured should it be his/her problem?

Not minding one's business cost one guy his life. Refer to sport betting death thread on FP. Did he live long?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Angry Man Caught On Camera Dislodging Road Bumps (Video/Photos) / 2 Dead As Private Jet Carrying 5 Lands On Florida Interstate / Nigerian Woman Threatens To Slap White Man On UK Train (Throwback Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.