Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Taking Food Out Of Airplanes (44221 Views)

The World’s Strangest Airplanes That You Won’t Want To Fly On / Graveyard Of Nigeria's Dead Airplanes (Photos) / Why Dont Commercial Airplanes Have Parachutes For Passengers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by PStacks(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.

I wonder oooo!

5 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2015
devour129:
I take away food from any international flight I use n when I use the biz class lounge I pack all pack ables . Av got kids who won't eat in the blame n get hungry btw airport n home n it comes in handy . Now go and d.............e
RubbIsh! which international route? Allows you to do that?
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by misspicy(f): 6:01pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I see politeness isn't one of your strongest points. I won't exchange words with you. I'd only encourage you to desist from being wasteful.
you don't need to exchange words with me...u shuld correct ur ways.
and i can't ever be polite to anyone who tinks feeding dogs and fishes food meant for God's images who badly needs it is the best tin to do with take away food.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2015
grin im still on the first page,im just eagerly waiting for the backlash .... Any minute now grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by marldean(m): 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
I actually don't think taking food out of an airplane makes someone uncultured.

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
Well, they paid for it so it shouldn't affect you.

Very apt response.

I'm glad it was the first.

This should have closed the thread!!!

Unfortunately, you are not beautiful though!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Gimme your number so that I can tell this to you directly!!

At op, is it your money?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2015
banttieman:

I just made my opinion known to him/her too. I'm not sure that is a problem.

By the way, it's an opinion is said once and move on. Saying some set of people are uncultured is a direct insult on them. If they choose to remain uncultured should it be his/her problem?

Not minding one's business cost one guy his life. Refer to sport betting death thread on FP.
yes you may be right, but if every one should mind their businesses were will that leave us as humans? Should we also let atrocities (not in this case) go too? For the sake of minding ones business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Yes you can do with it whatever you want. But for goodness' sake, don't take it out of the airplane. How much would it cost anyways if you had to buy the same thing outside? Must you stoop that low to take out a mere 500ngn meal?

Oh nooo you didnt grin do u know people get killed down here for less than 500ngn? Go argue with police first i dey come make i go piss

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
otiigba1:
yes you may be right, but if every one should mind their businesses were will that leave us as humans? Should we also let atrocities (not in this case) go too? For the sake of minding ones business

In a nutshell what I mean is stay out of actions with potential danger. I rest my case
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by angieberry(f): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2015
With that type of moniker? In don't think so
DICKtator:

Very apt response.

I'm glad it was the first.

This should have closed the thread!!!

Unfortunately, you are not beautiful though!!! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Gimme your number so that I can tell this to you directly!!

At op, is it your money?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by chineloSA(f): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.

Madame, do you know that a lot of airlines do not recycle meals? If meals were not consumed during a trip,they get discarded.

So what's better for you? Your so called culturism or food wastage

Millions of tons of food are wasted everyday and millions of people go hungry and you are talking about etiquette and plane culture.

What if I take it and give my portion to a begger on the street? Is it wrong according to your opinion? undecided undecided undecided

Please spare me your mannerisms and etiquette and culture. Let people do what they feel comfortable doing with their portions please.

I am against "FOOD WASTAGE " under the pretence of trying to be cultured.

Currently food wastage is a problem all over the world, while some go hungry and some like you think about culture and manners. sad

8 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by devour129: 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
otiigba1:
RubbIsh! which international route? Allows you to do that?
av got little kids and I mostly use ba . When they don't eat their food I pack it in a pack I put their snack in n they eat it enroute home . I guess you have never flown out in your life that's why you don't know its only liquids and hot food that it not allowed .

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2015
misspicy:

you don't need to exchange words with me...u shuld correct ur ways.
and i can't ever be polite to anyone who tinks feeding dogs and fishes food meant for God's images who badly needs it is the best tin to do with take away food.
So typical. Christians and their hypocrisy. You've called me names because you think a crusade is calling. Backing up your point with your "God's image"... That's just fine. I bet your bible encourages you to do exactly that.
Anyways, I don't know which parties you attend. For the parties or gatherings I've been to, excess food is processed and served to animals. People can survive alright as they've been doing. Don't encourage a begging mentality by championing "donating" leftovers. Leftovers are leftovers, not proper meals. Instead, invite these people to that party and serve them as you would every other guest.

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts? angry angry

NA POVERTY CAUSE AM

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 6:14pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

No, you didn't really pay for it. At some point, Aero never used to serve food on airplanes and people still flew. This food is complimentary and not paid for.

Why not 'munch' it in the plane? Are you not 'settled in' in the plane? Or you feel people are watching you?

Cultured people don't take food out of airplane. Don't get influenced by the habit of taking food away from a party. It simply doesn't speak well of you. If anything, it suggests that you are too hungry and can't afford a meal whenever you want one.

Complimentary?

You haven't reached a managerial level/position for you to state this!!

The price for that meal is part(may be hidden) of that flight ticket

Any airline that doesn't offer such service would be cheaper and if they want to partially offer such,would be at the directive of the passenger and would cost more

There is nothing like complimentary, not with the overheads expenses that are been incurred on a regular basis!!!

As a matter of fact,they may even be cheating you and using your "cultured" attitude to break-even or profit more by passing off such "luxury"

When next you are traveling, eat on the plane,ask for more and take away. If others like, let them look, they aren't the ones who paid for your flight ticket and your bank account is still heavy.(I presume)
What do you mean by uncultured self?

Very subjective for you to say that considering how diverse culture is.

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
otiigba1:
good point!
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
sonofananimal:

NA POVERTY CAUSE AM

You mean, even someone that can afford to fly on a plane is poverty-stricken?

grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Again, you didn't buy it!
You should be able to buy food when you need it. Not hope to 'serve' your kids with stale airplane food.
This guy is just a forcing guy. He want belong and form by all means and only way to do that is by not taking 'take away' food away.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by ideylaff: 6:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

Firstly, it's just so well in the habit of wasteful people to overplan and have excess food at parties. Next time, try to plan more appropriately.
Having said that, excess food at parties should be processed and served to dogs, fishes and other animals. They'd thank you for doing that. Why in the world would you want to 'pack' food for guests to take home? Don't they survive already without your food?

That it's in the take-away pack shouldn't encourage taking it away. That's uncultured. Would you take away food from KLM or Turkish airlines planes? I guess you wouldn't. And not because they don't serve in take-away packs, but merely because they don't encourage it. Would you then, for the desire to compulsorily take something away, enter a KLM flight with your personal cooler and then take away their airplane food? Of course not!

So, please, eat in the aircraft or trash it. If you don't feel hungry there and then, politely decline the food, request water and eat a comfortable dish at the hotel.

This is a non issue, I'm posh to the brim and proper upper class with education and manners to match it

There is nothing wrong with taking food away from the plane as long as it's in original package.

The airlines bin food they fly with that is left over period

I run a an arm of a business that supplies pilots and logistics to 3 world major airlines, food supply is included

By law no food must be returned or re served after Fligh has bn completed

Please allow the people eat the food as take away

I repeat , it's not wrong ,period

4 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by DICKtator: 6:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
angieberry:
With that type of moniker? In don't think so

What type of moniker?

MONICA, what is wrong with my moniker?

Don't a thousand and one people answer Dyke in Great Britain

Stop preempting your expectations negatively

Don't judge a book by its cover

It exposes how ignorant a person may be

Now send that number so I can tell you how ugly you look!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Mostwanted7: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
.Lol one bellend just attributed air flight to rich peeps...
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
kobe79:

obviously!!! thats why am asking the airline.
never flown the fmc or whatever you made mention of, but if its BA to London enroute USA yes those folks are obviously Nigerians.
Thats why i detest flying gbogbo ero airlines like BA or United that houses so many Nigerians in-flight.
Am an Emirates. Air France nd KLM customer on these airlines you barely see these kind of behaviours as Nigerians no dey MOST times plenty like that

You've forgotten where you came from,sounds like you are disgusted and ashamed of your heritage?bet you sip your tea from a tea cup......... Oyibooooo
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Forward1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
Can someone please explain to me why people (especially girls) keep taking airplane food out of the aircraft? Aero, Medview, First nation and a couple other airlines always serve with some kind of 'take-awa' pack, but should people have to take these packs away out of the airplane like uncultured men, carrying them about the airplane like they are some party gifts?

Y u dey spew rubbish? Its no man's business.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Kimeto(f): 6:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:

I understand I can't force my opinions on others. It just baffles me why people (especially Nigerians) should do this. It makes me ask if there's something wrong with the Nigerian psyche, hence the thread.
Most of all, it really amazes me that the generality of Nigerians believe this a 'normal' situation. Not one response in support! Smh.
It's not even a Nigerian thing at all. They do it where I am sef even in restaurants...you can't finish your food? Get it to go. It's not even that serious. No be your own money?

1 Like

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:26pm On Jun 25, 2015
ideylaff:

This is a non issue, I'm posh to the brim and proper upper class with education and manners to match it

There is nothing wrong with taking food away from the plane as long as it's in original package.

The airlines bin food they fly with that is left over period

I run a an arm of a business that supplies pilots and logistics to 3 world major airlines, food supply is included

By law no food must be returned or re served after Fligh has bn completed

Please allow the people eat the food as take away

I repeat , it's not wrong ,period
It's surprising to hear this. I guess your thoughts and actions aren't so far from the generality of the many unrefined Nigerians, upper class you may be.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by hustla(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hungry Sufferhead Nigerians do that

I barely even touch my food in the plane but na only twice i don enter grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
DICKtator:

You mean, even someone that can afford to fly on a plane is poverty-stricken?

grin grin grin grin

THEM GET DIFFERENT KIND OF POVERTY.

THE MOST COMMON ONE, EVEN SOME PEOPLE NO KNOW SAY THEM GET AM. NA FOOD POVERTY,

FOOD POVERTY EVEN DEY AMONG THE RICH PEOPLE.

2 Likes

Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by otiigba1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 25, 2015
devour129:
av got little kids and I mostly use ba . When they don't eat their food I pack it in a pack I put their snack in n they eat it enroute home . I guess you have never flown out in your life that's why you don't know its only liquids and hot food that it not allowed .
yea grin i have never flown out, if you fly BA i suspect you must live in the UK, not that its any of your business but i was born in CHINGFORD east london, to be fair to you i do not have children so i would not have experienced what you elaborated
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Antoinne: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2015
Kimeto:

It's not even a Nigerian thing at all. They do it where I am sef even in restaurants...you can't finish your food? Get it to go. It's not even that serious. No be your own money?
To go in a restaurant is understandable. A plane however is not a restaurant.
Re: Taking Food Out Of Airplanes by Kimeto(f): 6:31pm On Jun 25, 2015
Antoinne:
To go in a restaurant is understandable. A plane however is not a restaurant.
What's the difference? I paid for my food in both instances didn't I?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ongoing Anambra International Airport City Project: 3-D / Recent Images of Abeokuta Rail Terminal and the Surrounding Areas / Austin Umweni: Hit-And-Run Driver Kills Popular Pharmacist In Edo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.