Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. (19199 Views)

IPOB Should Stop, Igbos Are Not Ready For Another Civil War- Okorocha / Garba Shehu Get Your Records Straight- Niger Delta Avengers / Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 12:44am On Jun 27, 2015
ilovebiafra:
who founded biafra, is he not from ijaw? what do you mean by ss or niger delta? do you know that the sw are the ones using napalm bombs on you, pls try to reason, if we are not biafrans why is it that our tribes start with the letter "i" ijaw,itskeri, irobo,igbo, igala etc. we are biafrans ,don't allow those (sw)killing you to brainwash you with their media, GOD BLESS BIAFRA

Ode. What of Ijebu, Ilaje, Ibadan, Ilorin; these ones should secede from yorubaland? grin

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by attacker231: 12:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Mapletraks:

@new2020

I saw one of your posts where you posted
that same false information about Ondo
State being the lowest oil producer based on
the top 80/bottom 20 graphics you
attached to your post on page 6.

That chart is NOT from NNPC. For your
information I worked in the oil industry and
lived in PH as well and it is an open secret
that Ondo state is the 5th largest oil-producer
in Nigeria. Ondo State's onshore and offshore
annual crude oil output is 3 times more than
the combined annual output of Imo and Abia
States. Edo comes NEXT in crude oil
annual output to Ondo State which shares
boundaries with the massively oil-rich
Itsekiriland in Delta State, along the same
oil-rich coastline. The Ilaje-Yorubas of Ondo
State and the Itsekiris of the oil-rich
Ugborodo [Escravos] are direct cousins
who have contributed to the crude oil income
along with other South-Southerners that
is being used by Nigeria.

The largest to the lowest based on the
official data from the Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission are listed below:

Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Delta, Bayelsa[the number 1
gas producer in Nigeria, but 4th crude oil producer], Ondo, Edo, Imo, and Abia comes
last.

Cross River had lost some oil wells to
Akwa Ibom State so has dropped off the radar
of oil producing states, but is still a member
of NDDC.

Desist from peddling FALSE information
on this thread and Nairaland with that
attached 80/20 oil-producer graphic on page 6
of this thread. The graphic is NOT from
NNPC and you actually RIPPED it from a
non-oil industry based Website!

There are many well-educated people who
use Nairaland for networking from all over
the world, and BS information can easily be
spotted and corrected. I've been using
Nairaland since 2005, and all I want to see
are FACTS on Nairaland not lies being
peddled by people with low self-esteem
and bogus ethnic supremacist ideologies!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jun 27, 2015
mandarin:
The greatest gain in any disintegrated Nigeria is the Yoruba. They will just stand aloof, allow Igbo do the agitations and fighting, at the point when it all begin to seem real of the possibility they stroll in and make a case that will be too risky for either the East or the North to reject and they will have their country.
Igbo agitation can lead to the restructuring of Nigeria but outright independence I doubt it. If the oil in Niger Delta is the target, then Igbo have no plan because if Nigeria should separate peacefully and offshore blocks are to be divided based on contiguous boundaries you will be shocked by the result.

If u live in Nigeria n know the igbos, u would not have connected us to this ur story about igbos wanting SS oil.

Anambra, IMO n Abia states are presently oil producing states.

Even if we don't have oil @ all, we will still succeed. We are very industrious n we can use whatever God gave us to survive with comfort.
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 27, 2015
seunmsg:

@ the bolded, seriously, what do you guys smoke before coming up with all this trash? How can the south east out spend the rest of Nigeria in the event of a war? Dangote alone can contribute the $5billion that you are bragging about.

So u sincerely think that dangote will bring his 5 billion dollars

lmfao.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by carnegiefan: 1:35am On Jun 27, 2015
oluks05:

Pls can you give us the link or CBN data that igbos send home @ least $5billion dollars yearly. I have searched all thru the net and can't find any info on that. We wld appreciate it if you can post the link here. And also a census least showing igbos are more in the diaspora than any other tribe in nigeria. Thank you.

I won't spoon feed you with sources. You can actually believe whatever you want because I wasn't aiming to convince you.
Why should I convince you? For what? cheesy
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by carnegiefan: 1:44am On Jun 27, 2015
seunmsg:

@ the bolded, seriously, what do you guys smoke before coming up with all this trash? How can the south east out spend the rest of Nigeria in the event of a war? Dangote alone can contribute the $5billion that you are bragging about.

If you think that ONE man who made his fortune from a corrupt and enslaved Nigeria can ever outspend 4 million HIGHLY RESOURCEFUL people living in ALL PARTS OF THE WORLD - over time - then you must be really deluded.
The only group I can reasonably compare the Igbo with in history are the pre-1900 Jews. They were scattered in all parts of the world, but were yearning seriously for a return to Israel. Go and read about how they did it.

Without justice to the Igbo, Nigeria is fcked and there is nothing anyone anywhere can do about it.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by zendy: 6:57am On Jun 27, 2015
mulattoclaro:
shut up and get lost if you have nothing to say. How dare you speak to my fellow south south brother like that? You dey craze? We from south south say no to your biafra. You don't speak for us.

You people make me laugh. Your South-South brother? Is South-South a tribe? South/South is just something Abacha came up with. You now have a brother because of a name used by Abacha? When you people talk about South-South, talk about your tribe. Nothing connects an Ibibio man and Itshekiri man. South-South my a$$.

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by zendy: 7:04am On Jun 27, 2015
Goodboiyy:

Oh now u know Niger Delta is made up of 20 Tribe, So nw u know Asari or I jaw people alone can't speak 4 we SS, So if I may ask Who do u consult b4 taggin d entire SS part of ur Biafra,

Does an Edo man okay with tat ?, Or D ibbibio ? , Or d ESan ?, Or d Isoko ?, Who do u consult

Keep deceiving urself, we sha see

Don't hype your self. The south-South is just a term used for convenience of speech. Edo,Esan and Isoko are not part of the Biafran agenda. The people who matter to us are the Delta-Igbos.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by citizenY(m): 7:04am On Jun 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Am not here to dig Saraki's ancestry cum genealogy but you have every right to chose what you want to believe, whether he is Fulani or Yoruba, Tinubu and every enlightened SWner know the truth hence while trying to stop him.

Yes if Igbos were as Instrumental as you people were on this government believe me we will never be treated like this. Its not a chestbeating its always a natural phenomenon with proper historical records and backing.

Dear All,

You do not seem to realise,that the Achilles heel to this biafran brouhaha is just one thing..... money. Buddahmonk could whine year in year out for all I care. We all know where the money is. ..in the market . You cannot separate a trader from the market or his customers.

Where money is involved biafra takes the back seat. I want to hear from people in Aspamda, Alaba and not one recluse behind alaptop in one monastery in Mongolia. Let us admit it. The SE politicians, Ohaneze in council or out of council and big business people know where there interest lies and the trader in the market stall knows every better and they don't cone,to Nairaland. They tap calculator, not keyboards.

Enough of this sabre rattling and rabble rousing. Let us work hard to create a just society. I don't see anybody going anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by citizenY(m): 7:08am On Jun 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Am not here to dig Saraki's ancestry cum genealogy but you have every right to chose what you want to believe, whether he is Fulani or Yoruba, Tinubu and every enlightened SWner know the truth hence while trying to stop him.

Yes if Igbos were as Instrumental as you people were on this government believe me we will never be treated like this. Its not a chestbeating its always a natural phenomenon with proper historical records and backing.

Dear All,

You do not seem to realise,that the Achilles heel to this biafran brouhaha is just one thing..... money. Buddahmonk could whine year in year out for all I care. We all know where the money is. ..in the market . You cannot separate a trader from the market or his customers.

Where money is involved biafra takes the back seat. I want to hear from people in Aspamda, Alaba and not one recluse behind alaptop in one monastery in Mongolia. Let us admit it. The SE politicians, Ohaneze in council or out of council and big business people know where there interest lies and the trader in the market stall knows even better and they don't come to Nairaland. They tap calculators, not keyboards.

Enough of this sabre rattling and rabble rousing. Let us work hard to create a just society. I don't see anybody going anywhere. The stakes are just too high. The biafra wannabe is a racecourse rider.... journey to nowhere, really.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by oluks05: 7:57am On Jun 27, 2015
carnegiefan:

I won't spoon feed you with sources. You can actually believe whatever you want because I wasn't aiming to convince you.
Why should I convince you? For what? cheesy

Making such assertions with no verifiable source! Very lame
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Yujin(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2015
pazienza:
The factors that forced Awolowo to team up with the North have not changed. These are the factors:

1. Yorubas can't allow Ndiigbo leave Nigeria, knowing they will now be stuck with the Arewa in a master-slave relationship for eternity. The presence of Ndiigbo in the Nigerian dynamics affords the SW a degree of freedom from the Arewas, as the Arewa will always have to thread carefully with them, if they must divide and rule the country.

2. Yorubaland is too close to the North for comfort, the Yorubas can't afford to team up with Ndiigbo against the North, as that scenario will turn SW to a battle ground between Ndiigbo and the North, with heavy loss of lives and property on the Yorubas, while the East and North remain peaceful. Yorubas would be stupid to allow such a deal, Awo didn't allow it, Tinubu won't.

3. Yorubas can't be neutral in any Biafran-North war, the North is landlocked, and will ever need the SW ports to import weapons and other logistics during the war, if the Yorubas grant them that wish, then they would have become Biafran enemies by default, if they don't, the second point(2) will happen. The ever pragmatic Yorubas would rather join the North to take the war to the East, than join the East and turn the SW to war theatre between the East and North.

4. Yorubas have a significant number of muslims amongst them that will always be sympathetic to the Islamic North cause.

5. A significant chunk of Yorubaland is part of and parcel of the North, Yorubas have a stake in the North, and will always be dragged into the Northern mess by the Northern Yorubas.

6. Yorubas are much more interested in the ND crude oil wealth that will ultimately vanish with the secession of Ndiigbo which will trigger a cascade of events that will see the Eastern region non Igbo groups and the non Igbo Midwest groups either form independent countries of their own or join Biafra. Igbo secession is not economically beneficial to Yorubas.
You got nice points there but the major ones there are points 1,3,4 and 6. The core north is itself not willing to fight a war down to Yorubaland. What they are desperately in need of the access to the ocean. A mile corridor from kwara to Lagos is what they need.
Now my main concern here is the core north is the most vulnerable of the three major groups non seems to identify this. Igbos have access to the sea and so the Yorubas but the Hausa/fulanis don't have. This will be their main disadvantage. However the fear that the Yorubaman entertains is his major problem to his emancipation. He doesn't think he can win against them. He rather diverts to the Igboman and demonizes him before other people so that the hatred they mutually have against Ndigbo can unify them and takes away his morbid fear. Ndigbo on the other hand must play their cards well. Our liberation should not be hinged on the assumption we have about others. We must plan in toto. This Nigeria is not a country any sane human being can be proud of. Its either it changes for good or it is dissolved.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 9:46am On Jun 27, 2015
zendy:

You people make me laugh. Your South-South brother? Is South-South a tribe? South/South is just something Abacha came up with. You now have a brother because of a name used by Abacha? When you people talk about South-South, talk about your tribe. Nothing connects an Ibibio man and Itshekiri man. South-South my a$$.
guy shut up your mouth. Ozuo. Ewe. Thunder fire you and your fellow igbo clan. You guys are a disease to Africa and the world at large. Shouldn't you be out there stealing or something? Isn't that what igbos are known for?
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 9:52am On Jun 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

To be frank with you ...do you know that edo isn't recognised as south south

Take this to back please
if edo isn't south south then what is it? You're so dumb. I'm not surprised. Edo is even amongst the people that make up the real south south. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mauriceju2(m): 12:02pm On Jun 27, 2015
Nigeria as it is today is not a place any body with brain can be proud of unless you are an Housa man that Islam brain wash, the best way is to divide if it cannot be change and it cannot be change because what the south believe and want is opposite with that of the north, there is way two can work together unless they agree, Housa did not have access to ocean and their common sense did tell them the disadvantage of this
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by tonychristopher: 1:10pm On Jun 27, 2015
mulattoclaro:
if edo isn't south south then what is it? You're so dumb. I'm not surprised. Edo is even amongst the people that make up the real south south. Google is your friend.

Edo isn't recognised as south south ..they are not prominent ....why are you so insultive

It seems you had a wrong perantage and I know that you must be Yoruba because they are the ones that are always insulting
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by tonychristopher: 1:17pm On Jun 27, 2015
zendy:

Don't hype your self. The south-South is just a term used for convenience of speech. Edo,Esan and Isoko are not part of the Biafran agenda. The people who matter to us are the Delta-Igbos.

Nice submission
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by honeychild(f): 1:48pm On Jun 27, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Your a yolobaman and I never expected anything different from what you wrote afterall its only igbos that are being in North why your people are giving Kirishi and Suya to eat while the killings go on.

Anambra and Imo kids will score 139 and 138, while Ekiti and Osun kids will score 95 and 92, but Yobe and Zamfara kids will score 3 and 4 to gain admission in a school own by federal government of Nigeria.

Igbos are killed in Nigeria because of Cartoon Riot that happened in Denmark while Igbos in Chad, Niger and Senegal were free.

Igbos will be killed because Bonke is coming to Crusade in Kano but those in Lebanon are spare when the Pope visits the country.

Igbos are killed when Nigeria wanted to host Miss World but not when Qatar and UAE hosted similar events.

Stop speaking from ignorance please. I am yoruba. I grew up in Kaduna State. All non Muslims are affected when riots arise. Igbos, Niger Deltans, Yorubas, even Northern Christians from Kaduna State have to flee for their lives.

I remember a particular riot in the 90's. My next door neighbour, an indigene of Kaduna State was macheted right in his home. Stop making it all about the igbos joor

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 2:29pm On Jun 27, 2015
tonychristopher:

Edo isn't recognised as south south ..they are not prominent ....why are you so insultive

It seems you had a wrong perantage and I know that you must be Yoruba because they are the ones that are always insulting
I don't have time to argue with someone from a tribe of Criminals and never do well. Edo is in fact one of the heart of south south. Edo isn't south south cos they don't support your Biafra? Guy wake up. Death awaits you and your fellow igbos if you don't behave yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ilovebiafra: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

Ode. What of Ijebu, Ilaje, Ibadan, Ilorin; these ones should secede from yorubaland? grin
these are oduduwa, not biafrans, we have nothing in common with yorubas(ndi ofe mmanu),biafra includes ibibio,ijaw,itskeri,idoma,etc and not the oduduwas and the arewas ,

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
ilovebiafra:
these are oduduwa, not biafrans, we have nothing in common with yorubas(ndi ofe mmanu),biafra includes ibibio,ijaw,itskeri,idoma,etc and not the oduduwas and the arewas ,

But Ijaw are biafra? Dude, you need food.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ilovebiafra: 7:58pm On Jun 27, 2015
mulattoclaro:
I don't have time to argue with someone from a tribe of Criminals and never do well. Edo is in fact one of the heart of south south. Edo isn't south south cos they don't support your Biafra? Guy wake up. Death awaits you and your fellow igbos if you don't behave yourselves.
i don't argue with brain washed and daft people like you,edo is part of biafra,i understand the damage the yoruba media have done to you,they are trying to separate us(biafrans) and turning our brothers against us,but it is too late,now for your information biafrans are united and can never by separated again,
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ilovebiafra: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Timbuktou:

But Ijaw are biafra? Dude, you need food.
i mean the ijaws in bayelsa and igwuocha(portharcourt)and not the ijaws in yoruba land,and for your information they are called esan in biafra land and it was an esan man that founded biafra
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 4:10am On Jun 28, 2015
ilovebiafra:
i don't argue with brain washed and daft people like you,edo is part of biafra,i understand the damage the yoruba media have done to you,they are trying to separate us(biafrans) and turning our brothers against us,but it is too late,now for your information biafrans are united and can never by separated again,
Edo has never and will never be a part of biafra. Don't start what you can't finish. No yoruba media did anything to anybody. I feel very sorry for you guys this time. We'll kill you, take your lands and rape your women.

2 Likes

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by macof(m): 9:55pm On Jun 28, 2015
ilovebiafra:
best u don't dream of such
Biafra is better with just igbo speaking people only
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by omoelesa(m): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2015
Their Is Ongoing War in d NE and nigeria has not dinstingated.If Another Biafra War Brake Out Is the ibo dat will sufer,we rest of nigeria will just cary on with our life.

1 Like

Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ilovebiafra: 10:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
mulattoclaro:
Edo has never and will never be a part of biafra. Don't start what you can't finish. No yoruba media did anything to anybody. I feel very sorry for you guys this time. We'll kill you, take your lands and rape your women.
AM JUST LAUGHING AT YOUR STUPIDITY,ONYE ARA, TIME WILL TELL,HAHAHAHAHA,YOUR NAME IS SORRY ,I DON'T TALK TO BRAINLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU,INFACT YOU ARE A PERFECT SLAVE, OHU MARA NMA
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by ilovebiafra: 10:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
macof:
best u don't dream of such
Biafra is better with just igbo speaking people only
YOU ARE A PERFECT SLAVE INDEED,ONYE ARA NA ENWEGHI UCHE,INFACT YOU ARE CONFUSED,WATCH AND SEE, BECAUSE CHUKWUOKIKE ABIAMA IS WITH US,
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by macof(m): 11:05pm On Jun 29, 2015
ilovebiafra:
YOU ARE A PERFECT SLAVE INDEED,ONYE ARA NA ENWEGHI UCHE,INFACT YOU ARE CONFUSED,WATCH AND SEE, BECAUSE CHUKWUOKIKE ABIAMA IS WITH US,
Certainly you are mad. If you cannot give a reasonable reply pls don't quote me
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by bodeloja: 5:30pm On Jun 30, 2015
Buhari should watch it
Re: Another Civil War Will Lead To The End Of Nigeria; Setting The Records Straight. by mulattoclaro(m): 8:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
ilovebiafra:
AM JUST LAUGHING AT YOUR STUPIDITY,ONYE ARA, TIME WILL TELL,HAHAHAHAHA,YOUR NAME IS SORRY ,I DON'T TALK TO BRAINLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU,INFACT YOU ARE A PERFECT SLAVE, OHU MARA NMA
just like your worthless father.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Military Men Attack Ondo Residents, Burn Houses - Punch / Some Senators Attend Reps Plenary Out Of Ignorance / Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.