Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42497 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinibigdeal(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
Can any of you have written a better script
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by obinnajr(m): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2015
I REGRET BUYING THAT MOVIE, ITS FULL OF CRAP WITH NO REASONABLE MISSION. SHIT..............
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by ikechukwu354(m): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now

then probably cus he didn't watch it in a cinema
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Abbey2sam(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
[size=28pt]thank God, i thought something was wrong with me when i watched the movie and it wasn't funny to me, i look so silly to my bro that over-hyped the movie to before i watched it......i couldn't even ask him how the movie was[/size]

[size=48pt]ay is not funny...............................whack movie[/size]
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 3:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
[s]
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming. when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

[/s]all these points are totally irrelevant and senseless. The most important question is ,DID THE FILM RAKE IN MONEY AND PROFIT?if it did ,then no more long story .
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
OP= ORIGINAL POSTER
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by redcliff: 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
zinachidi:
i agree with ur first and third point,,, buh not ur second,, i think the plot was okay,,,.

I think out of everyhting in that movie, the storyline annoyed me the most. No construction and no structure...3/10 rating for story line...

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by omoadeleye(m): 3:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
So have been thinking maybe am only the one on this earth that lost sense of humor for the scene he was employed as a comedian and was just making trash joke. Well its a movie so it was already scripted for them to laugh, cause I can't be so stupid to open my mouth on that type of lame jokes.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by emmaak2(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
BOVI IS MUCH BETTER FOR THAT ROLE HE PLAYED SHA I DONT BLAME HIM

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by redcliff: 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
[s][/s]all these points are totally irrelevant and senseless. The most important question is ,DID THE FILM RAKE IN MONEY AND PROFIT?if it did ,then no more long story .

Less than a million dollars in box office and you are here basking in your argument...smh
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 3:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
obinnajr:
I REGRET BUYING THAT MOVIE, ITS FULL OF CRAP WITH NO REASONABLE MISSION. SHIT..............
but u bought it. That is the most important thing.grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by adamshuaib(m): 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
I agree with u, Seriously AY dey try but it was just dry jokes in d movie, started watching last month, Couldn't finish till date

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by shaboti: 3:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
I couldnt agree more

I thought it was just me.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by STEVENcrack(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
endowednicky:
guess you r 1 then?
Not really..just dat I have taste.
I DO benin girls to be precise.
Where are you from pretty.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wetin AY do you?After spoiling his market you come dey advertise his movie abi? Your father! ... Oh sorry Your Dad

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
True it's overhyped.... Nothing's really special about it.

And why is this just hitting FP
Get a life bro! Yours will hit FP before long tongue
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by frankkydee(m): 3:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
the movie sucks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 3:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
redcliff:

Less than a million dollars in box office and you are here basking in your argument...smh
how many films have reached that amount in nollywood? Do u know how much that is in naira? Can u make a film that will sell that much? You just Siddon here for nairaland dey write trash about ppl who are making mega bucks out there. grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by adconline(m): 3:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yes! He just copied Osuofia in London

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by zinachidi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
redcliff:

I think out of everyhting in that movie, the storyline annoyed me the most. No construction and no structure...3/10 rating for story line...
ok, its ur opinion though,
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by SuperSuave(m): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
booqee:
ok this is wickedness..do u want to blind our eyes at this our young age..?? angry which kain font be this one now? angry
ayam sorry cry
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Enoquin(f): 3:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very few people can take criticism/reviews of their works in Nigeria because most of the time the fans or even the owner of the work label you a hater or make a reference to their bank account as if money should surpass quality or passion.

I didn't enjoy the movie but I will also rank it amongst most of the 2014 hollywood movies. 2014 movies must have brought tears to the gods of hollywoodian movies.
Movie makers know that they must create a fantastic trailer and especially if the movie is up for awards, hype (market) it beyond measure; same gimmick AY used, so don't blame him much.

3 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by redcliff: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
how many films have reached that amount in nollywood? Do u know how much that is in naira? Can u make a film that will sell that much? You just Siddon here for nairaland dey write trash about ppl who are making mega bucks out there. grin

Anyway you dont know me so your text doesnt move me
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by myrax7(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
please who can help me with a link to get the original version of the movie HALF OF THE YELLOW SUN?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kingjizzy2(m): 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
try do ur own movie make we see u tink say comedy naa beans@least e beta pass some nollywood nonsense.........Ur fada lap.....
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by mimiy05: 3:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
There will always be haters shaaaa....I enjoyed, loved, gbaduned the movie...I can watch it a billion times n not get bored... there's a reason why that movie is top grossing. Say what you will, quote me all you want but the movie will still remain one of my favorites.
I agree with op on point no 3 tho...his stand up comedy scene in the movie didn't really cut it for me

3 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by emenite909(m): 3:31pm On Jun 26, 2015
Chaii chaiii na like dis my money for take go for cinema my babe say make we go watch am I say no chaiiiiii
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Joshrob(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
betty202020:
Very true, @ op. I was comparing it to COMING TO AMERICA by EDDY MORPHY but was disappointed after watching it. Even Osuofia in london is better more interesting.
Please don't just compare osoufia in London to poo ay called movie..osoufia in London is a class on its own

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by endowednicky(f): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
STEVENcrack:

Not really..just dat I have taste.
I DO benin girls to be precise.
Where are you from pretty.
thank God am not a benin girl....
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by xynerise: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
The end of the movie at the airport was unrealistic
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by MurderX: 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
AY lost his comedy and stopped being funny when he became more of a merchant and less of a comedian. He stopped speaking pidgin and is trying so hard to be like a Chris Tucker or some kinna African American comedian. I dont find a thing funny about him anymore, just see him as a hustling businessman. Bovi is the next big thing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: CeeC Becomes First Housemate In History To Trend Worldwide On Twitter / BBNaija: Wathoni Evicted From Big Brother House / Frodd Facial Expression When Gedoni Said He Will Date Khafi Outside The House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.