Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42361 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:

Chai.. Actually na u & Teeboy15 I dey crush forgrin

he he he!!!!
You can't have two husbands you know?, so pick one once and for all cheesy
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Bongiboy83: 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Firstly, that thing doesn't qualify as a movie. It's a home video shot with professional cameras. Story was whack, plot was lame, costumes and wardrobes were non-existent, and the characters were all clowns!! Totally mediocre!! Nigerians can like to settle for less simply because 'its our own'. That's why we vote for thieves because they are our 'brothers'. Lame as movie. If you have seen October 1st, then you will appreciate creativity and attention to detail and culture. A decent attempt to recreate an era with a psychotic twist that they didn't really pull off. But a very noble attempt for a movie.

Ay & Ramsey are definitely not A-List actors by any theatrical standard and they are just CHARLATANS on a screen!!

4 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
You can't have two husbands you know?, so pick one once and for all cheesy
Ehm.... ehm..

I dey come.. Make I chop finish.

I for invite you but u No dey fasttongue
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 7:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bongiboy83:
Firstly, that thing doesn't qualify as a movie. It's a home video shot with professional cameras. Story was whack, plot was lame, costumes and wardrobes were non-existent, and the characters were all clowns!! Totally mediocre!! Nigerians can like to settle for less simply because 'its our own'. That's why we vote for thieves because they are our 'brothers'. Lame as movie. If you have seen October 1st, then you will appreciate creativity and attention to detail and culture. A decent attempt to recreate an era with a psychotic twist that they didn't really pull off. But a very noble attempt for a movie.

Ay & Ramsey are definitely not A-List actors by any theatrical standard and they are just CHARLATANS on a screen!!
Kai... You be movie Analyst...

October 1 on my to watch listcheesy
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kotias003: 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.... I swear... As in... Its nt funny at all... Showin Us crazy Old school comedy.. Why did he even release it... And funny enuf.. Its the highest grossing nollywood movie... That shii of crap.... Its even a shame to that AY himself for releasin that movie,.. Its nt an achievement at all.. Buh anytin goes since it rakes in money.. Rubbish!...

My sentiments exactly!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by demmy0325(m): 7:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
notoriousbabe:
Thank God I boughted the pirated copy for just 100 naira
.. U are a notorious babe indeed.. cheesy
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by porshuch: 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bongiboy83:

hahaahahhahahah. Seriously after watching October 1, what was on my mind, was those alaba boys should allow that man make his money. That movie is the best in africa. He really spent money on that movie.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by sleekymag(m): 7:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

I saw the movie and was like, how did this movie get to be so hyped? Op you're very on point. The movie was nothing much to brag about. It didn't even have a real and engaging storyline and the comedy in it (if at all there was) was hyper dry.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Kentrasso(f): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
x
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by steveben7(m): 7:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now

Lik seriously u watched a dozen times meaning u enjoy watching it I can't even watch it d second tym I can say what happen 4rm begining to d end
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Wel... I wonder why pple are nt talkin 'bout that crap movie... That movie is so fuckin over-rated.. Nt evn funny one bit.. It deserves to be banned...
all naija movies from early 2007 deserv quick banning asap.m.johnson movies am stil wondering wat dis Na actress?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by petkoffDrake(m): 7:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
d movie is over hyped. very true!
but if any one know any funny seasonal movie like bovi's extended family.... should pls PM me d tittle.
to me, BOVI's extended family has been d best movie ever av seen in Nigeria.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
As in ehn.... You nailed this shit....
That scene he was shouting "Their father, their father" was the worse in recent times.....

So fake and overacting was written all over him.... Ramsey was even uncomfortable with AY cast.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
Bongiboy83:

Ramsey Noah is not an A-List actor in Nollywood?

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Actuly I rily dnt like naija muvies(cuz of the wackness)bt the hype got mi rily curious to watch it, bt I cudnt evn. Last more dann five scenes into. The muvie cuz it ws a total flop (I vex dellete am4rm ma system) sincerely A.y. Needs to be. Floged4dt
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Frosti(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
Over-hyped piece of crappy movie. Wished I could get back the 80 minutes I used in watching it.

AY was not the right person for the Apkors role. Bovi, the real Apkors, would have been totally awesome and the film would have made more brain.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by nov19(m): 8:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
- loved it anyway..
It wasn't suppose to be a typical Nigeria comedy movie. I think it was design for wide acceptance also around europe and america.

It may not be exceptional, but I really don't think its a bad movie...

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by fitinwell: 8:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op i share same opinion with you..... Anything was funny about the Movie..
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by inimitkel(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Pls house anyone with the link to download the movie?...yet to watch it.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by lovely17(m): 8:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
I was grossly disappointed when I watched the movie it was as if he was disgracing Nigeria. yh op you are right he didn't fit the role his orubebe comedy was also appalling HOSH was (can't find the right words ) the original stuff was better
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Komedy(m): 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
True it's overhyped.... Nothing's really special about it.

And why is this just hitting FP
yu lie bro, there's somtin special abt it, "Kimberley"
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onemmanuel(m): 9:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
WARRI........... WARRI!!!!!!!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kingthreat(m): 9:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kentrasso:

angry go and chop shit then. Oniranu

I will do that after u give all your uncles blowjobbs. Crazy twaat!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
mabella2:
I thought I was the only one that didn't find the movie funny. It was totally overhyped.
osoufia in london is even far beta than it.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 9:56pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:

Ehm.... ehm..

I dey come.. Make I chop finish.

I for invite you but u No dey fasttongue
Oya come back here jhooor .
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oya come back here jhooor .
present..

But why can't I have you twoundecided
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Freemanan:
That scene he was shouting "Their father, their father" was the worse in recent times.....

So fake and overacting was written all over him.... Ramsey was even uncomfortable with AY cast.
True..

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
present..

But why can't I have you twoundecided
Okay oooooo
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
Freemanan:

True.. But I like the praying scene sha grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 10:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
Okay oooooo
grin wink
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by CommitteeMember(m): 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
For me the Movie is funny and worth the hype. I watched the movie first at a cinema by chance. I never heard of it before i did... and Yes I enjoyed myself. The first time i felt i didn't waste money at the cinema.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by dellynike(f): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
After people hyped it and said it was so funny,I watched it nd I was almost in tears.I had to ask some friends if they found it funny as I wanted to be sure I was normal and not a sadist/hayter.they dint also find it funny.at least I knew I was normal.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

BBNaija: Food Vendor (Ewa Agoyin Seller) Seeks Votes To Support Whitemoney (Pix) / Jagaban Ft. Selina Tested Episode 4 (Mp4 Download) / The Website I Can Download Season Films

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.