Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42402 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Ricswagger: 4:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
GJames:
I lost interest midway through the movie. I can't even remember how the movie ended.
u mean how d movie ended? owk wait o,eehm owk wait o *clears throat and scratching head*i don even forget and na on wednesday i watch am 4 d first time
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
mimiy05:

All man to his own opinion...don't have time to trade words with you...If you think I was on drugs(the one you gave me probably), that's your two cents my dear
Don't mind him.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 4:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
exthar87:
his next movie might not make this much because a lot of people wont feel interested in watching it in the cinema...they will rather wait for our eastern brothers to bring out the special package grin grin
his next movie will be a hit that is certain . It is all about marketing strategy,he has the money to employ the best marketing brains in the country ,he will get the best story writers and make a lot of noise about it . At times ,the louder u blow ur trumpet ,the more profit u make . Just wait and see

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by GJames(m): 4:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
Ricswagger:

u mean how d movie ended? owk wait o,eehm owk wait o *clears throat and scratching head*i don even forget and na on wednesday i watch am 4 d first time
Kai oga ur case serious pass my own o. Let me help you a little; Akpos ended up defeating Evil Merodach with the sword of Ashkelon.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Jdesilentkiller(m): 4:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
AY is good at imitating people in a funny way not necessarily a good quality for a stand up comedien. As for our movies and home videos, I feel it's hightime we got our own Rotten Tomatoes.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by stpat1(m): 4:21pm On Jun 26, 2015
I was so disappointed at the movie. I didn't even bother about watching it to the end. I was just too disappointed. All through the parts I watched, I was waiting to get the part that was worth the hype but never found it. That guy should continue being a manager cos he is not funny one bit.

he was just shouting Warri Warri. Chai

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by JoeCutie(m): 4:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
After watching the little wonder, "Extended Family", that Bovi conjured before he became the Bovi we all know today, I got the reassurance that Bovi would not only have acted the Akpors role well, he is naturally, by extension, Akpors. Bovi is 'Akpors' personified. He's so talented, he's so natural, his pidgin is so on fleek. He wouldn't need to struggle so hard to act it out; he's just a confirmed "Warri boy", no two ways about that. If Bovi had taken up that Akpors role, the movie without doubt, would have fetched them two times what they made from it.

Watch "Extended Family", I bet you "Onoriode" would in just one episode, give you the satisfaction that "Akpors" would never give you in the entire duration of the "30 Days In Atlanta".

Ese (Mercy Johnson) to Akpors (AY), "Arrange make you give yourself prestige. This my designers nose no dey see you oh..." cheesy The movie go well sha. grin

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 4:24pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Wel... I wonder why pple are nt talkin 'bout that crap movie... That movie is so fuckin over-rated.. Nt evn funny one bit.. It deserves to be banned...

The first and third point are spot on .

Ay has never striked me as a good comedian but he is a super talented packager.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Angelou:
you have a point with that no1 but apart from that, the movie is one of my best comedy movies of the year

You are not normalundecided

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 26, 2015
Wow i thought i was the only one who felt that movie was whack. Every scene of it was just a fiasco. I think Bovi would have been the best person to act as Akpos.

So much forceful comedy, dry jokes, unconvincing scenes etc That movie is not just it.

Someone else should re-produce that movie and make sure to include Bovi particularly.
im waiting for superstar
onatisi:
his next movie will be a hit that is certain . It is all about marketing strategy,he has the money to employ the best marketing brains in the country ,he will get the best story writers and make a lot of noise about it . At times ,the louder u blow ur trumpet ,the more profit u make . Just wait and see
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by stigman(m): 4:27pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
go and make ur own film and let's see if it will sell like the one u are condemning. Ppl that condemn other ppl success never get to be successful as them . Ay has made his money,if you don't like his film then don't buy the next one he makes . Simple as ABC grin

Thank you my brother, don't mind the mumu.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Mordyb: 4:30pm On Jun 26, 2015
The only good scene is the I cover my yansh with the blood of God scene
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 4:32pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
go and make ur own film and let's see if it will sell like the one u are condemning. Ppl that condemn other ppl success never get to be successful as them . Ay has made his money,if you don't like his film then don't buy the next one he makes . Simple as ABC grin

No nro i think you are getting it twisted. The op is only thinking out loud which is perfectly ok.

Objectivity is the opium of a sound mind.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

As in ehn,i was so dissapointed when I watched it
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Angelou(m): 4:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insidous:

why are u stalking me on this forum..... I owe u money? undecided
Insidous:

why are u stalking me on this forum..... I owe u money?

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by SWG1: 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.... I swear... As in... Its nt funny at all... Showin Us crazy Old school comedy.. Why did he even release it... And funny enuf.. Its the highest grossing nollywood movie... That shii of crap.... Its even a shame to that AY himself for releasin that movie,.. Its nt an achievement at all.. Buh anytin goes since it rakes in money.. Rubbish!...

Thanks to Ramsey Naoh that added some classical acting skills to the movie.

It goes to show Ay is a performer and not a comedian
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by lilmax(m): 4:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
number 1 is very correct
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Kentrasso(f): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
kingthreat:

Funny? If it made you laugh, then even a mad man pissing on the road will make you laugh.

Nawa o. Who do u like this sef? Relax and stop being so tensed up
Life is short.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Neplusultra(f): 4:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
No be lie undecided
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by XtraSmooth404: 4:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
C'mon guys, the movie isn't that bad na. I've seen it and it's better than many Nollywood movies out there.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
it is all about money to him...
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Toks2008:

No nro i think you are getting it twisted. The op is only thinking out loud which is perfectly ok.

Objectivity is the opium of a sound mind.
the op came to a forum of over 1million member to criticize and condemn a product and u call that thinking out aloud!!!! Maybe when u labour for 12months to bring out a product and spend millions on it ,you will be very very happy for someone to come here and rubbish all ur effort and destroy ur works !! We always feel good doing to others but when it comes to our own turn we beg such critics not to go public but communicate with us. Don't support what the op is doing ,the op can keep his thinking to himself or herself nobody cares about what he thinks . Ay surely will have a facebook ,twitter or a social media account where his fan relate with him fully ,why didn't the op go there Do unto others as you will be done by.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
mabella2:
I thought I was the only one that didn't find the movie funny. It was totally overhyped.
seconded
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 4:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
Is that you at profile pix
Ehn now

That's me on my profile pix
cool
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Missyetty(f): 4:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
Like seriously, the 1st time i watched the movie, i was like what is this? The thing is over hyped mhen, anyway our opinion differs

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 4:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
Missyetty:
Like seriously, the 1st time i watched the movie, i was like what is this? The thing is over hyped mhen, anyway our opinion differs
na pirated copy u buy, buy the original copy and u will love it grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Missyetty(f): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
na pirated copy u buy, buy the original copy and u will love it grin Lol, if i hear......Either pirated or original, no b d same tin dey inside?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by sewuun(m): 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
You are all on point my take on this trend is that Kunle Afolayan or Desmond Elliot could have Directed the movie to put touch of naija and more ideals of warri guy attitude plus professionalism to it whilst Bovi could be the Main Actor. And Ay takes the credit because if one is to be honest BOVI is a better comedian than AY at Lenght comedy to Bovi flows natural unlike Ay who has to act a scene or two to make people laugh on stage.

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by herald9: 5:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
Just saw the movie recently... And I thought I've forgotten how to laugh.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by doe: 5:04pm On Jun 26, 2015
Rubbish film. Big flop

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 26, 2015
Angelou:

why are u stalking me on this forum..... I owe u money? undecided
why are u stalking me on this forum..... I owe u money?

Mtcheww

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Diane Bursts Into Tears As Mercy Tells Story Of Her Family (VIDEO) / The Website I Can Download Season Films / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.