Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,483 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42410 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
the op came to a forum of over 1million member to criticize and condemn a product and u call that thinking out aloud!!!! Maybe when u labour for 12months to bring out a product and spend millions on it ,you will be very very happy for someone to come here and rubbish all ur effort and destroy ur works !! We always feel good doing to others but when it comes to our own turn we beg such critics not to go public but communicate with us. Don't support what the op is doing ,the op can keep his thinking to himself or herself nobody cares about what he thinks . Ay surely will have a facebook ,twitter or a social media account where his fan relate with him fully ,why didn't the op go there Do unto others as you will be done by.

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jun 26, 2015
stigman:

Thank you my brother, don't mind the mumu.

Ode!

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
there was nothing constructive about the op criticisms ,it was destructive ,anyway whatever the op feels is irrelevant,the film has made it targeted profit .

Maybe that was what the movie needed- destructive criticsms

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by adedayourt(m): 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2015
the movie is so crap i saw a part if it on a friends fone nd i lost interest in seeing d whole part

but seriously nt hating
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by stigman(m): 5:20pm On Jun 26, 2015
Insidous:

Ode!

Onukwu
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by pinkygurl(f): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2015
op please go & produce ur non over hyped comedy movie.then nairalanders can start comparing notes!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 5:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
Ehn now

That's me on my profile pix
cool
NICE. one.. I'm crushing oootongue
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 26, 2015
Besto:

asin ehnn.. when my elder brother laffed uncontrollable at that part... i just mute in anger.. if to say na my younger brother... i for sound him head..

cheesy cheesy I nor fit laff o.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Besto(m): 5:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
[s][/s]all these points are totally irrelevant and senseless. The most important question is ,DID THE FILM RAKE IN MONEY AND PROFIT?if it did ,then no more long story .

mere Nigerian mentality..
what happened to quality over quantity
bro u need an eco 101 tutor ryt away.
u prolly saying you could buy a 2000 edition camry for 50million naira

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Shinelle(f): 5:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
That movie was just a poor replica of coming to america and osuofia in london combined...

Falling in love wit a gal whose dad owned a restaurant, returning to 'africa' with them and all....

A.Y owes eddy Murphy sha...
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by bbdd: 5:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
The movie wasn't that bad though.
Honestly.

But of course the plot was horrendous.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by notoriousbabe: 5:42pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thank God I boughted the pirated copy for just 100 naira
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
Besto:

mere Nigerian mentality..
what happened to quality over quantity
bro u need an eco 101 tutor ryt away.
u prolly saying you could buy a 2000 edition camry for 50million naira
better face ur life struggles and stop wasting ur life and time away criticizing someone who has made over 50million naira from that single film alone. Use ur brains and number 6 to think of a product u can bring out that will fetch u money . Nairaland or seun will not pay u a dime for logging in here and criticizing successful ppl. Ay is known nationwide , when will u bring out a product no matter how dumb and stupid that will make u popular and rich,that should be ur thinking. But u can continue here criticizing and becoming nairaland chief film critic
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
You forgot the ending. It didn't make sense at all. In fact, it almost gave me brain damage.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
kinglekan:

@Od Akpor's mum.

The only character that was off was akpors. Clara and Kimberly characters were always off. they were trying too hard
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by hadura29(m): 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2015
Yawnnnnns....., who have seen the movie "Modecai" by Johnny Depp?....

What's nollywood?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Jeffy1206(m): 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
I also noticed the point when he was appointed as a comedian at the bar... Nothing funny there jor, then I wished it was bovi... sad
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by francizy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.. Wel... I wonder why pple are nt talkin 'bout that crap movie... That movie is so fuckin over-rated.. Nt evn funny one bit.. It deserves to be banned...

I didn't even sneeze not to talk of laugh when I saw that movie. Couldn't finish watching the crap and had to delete it from my phone.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Drenix(m): 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
Op... May God bless u... I swear dat film was Bleep.. Evrytin abt d film is rubbish.. Fake jokes.. Dt film no follow at all... Watch phone swap,mr and mrs.. Mehn u wil c wat dy kal movie, not 30 days in america...

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Revolva(m): 6:35pm On Jun 26, 2015
hadura29:
Yawnnnnns....., who have seen the movie "Modecai" by Johnny Depp?....

What's nollywood?

I de tell u johnny Depp is too good...I wan laff die watchin mortecia...Depp d american can speak in British accent so well....infact mortecai too funny....

I never watch am ooo sey e don enter Alaba copy make I buy watch
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Toks2008(m): 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
onatisi:
the op came to a forum of over 1million member to criticize and condemn a product and u call that thinking out aloud!!!! Maybe when u labour for 12months to bring out a product and spend millions on it ,you will be very very happy for someone to come here and rubbish all ur effort and destroy ur works !! We always feel good doing to others but when it comes to our own turn we beg such critics not to go public but communicate with us. Don't support what the op is doing ,the op can keep his thinking to himself or herself nobody cares about what he thinks . Ay surely will have a facebook ,twitter or a social media account where his fan relate with him fully ,why didn't the op go there Do unto others as you will be done by.

Trusty me,sometimes open constructive criticism can go a long way in sanitizing an issue.

The Op did not condemn the movie but only expressed his opinion of it being overhyped which is his personal opinion which he is entitled to.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 26, 2015
I'm nt bordered because i borrow am watch, If na only pipo lyk me dey naija, dose rubbish nr go sell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onelife97: 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
I actually watched the movie yesterday for the 1st time and I was begging God to ff the time for the movie to finish because it was somewhat boring to me.And the end is really whacked s.hit.

The guy could do better with better thinking and better actors.

The movie was really overhyped.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Gaucho(m): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2015
Saw "White house Down and Olympus Has Fallen " but we guys aren't talking about that lame copy cat movie. We need to appreciate our own and besides,the market showed that they really wanna see it. The invincible hands accepted the movie in the market and I am not a director of a movie neither am I a producer nor a critic,but he did all that he could and he made his cool millions. I wanna get copy for my family.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Omotayor123:
NICE. one.. I'm crushing oootongue
If I hear cheesy

Abeg no let those boys use cutlass dey chase me oooo cheesy
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by zinzane: 6:55pm On Jun 26, 2015
I loved every bit of the movie...Simple! And by the way I didn't watch it a dozen times I watched it in a cinema once grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kinzation(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2015
#shoroniyen..@O.P or whatever.you think movie making, script writing na beans?go make ur own nw..u jus dy shout.A.Y dun make hin own close mata u dy dere dy yarn payan
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

AY is that you?... trying to get us to by copies of your crappy arse boring wanna be warri accented nonsensical comedy?!!! grin grin grin grin
Well if its any consolation your movie is better than your Ay's house sitcom and your Ay live shows
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Omotayor123(f): 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2015
tosyne2much:
If I hear cheesy

Abeg no let those boys use cutlass dey chase me oooo cheesy
Chai.. Actually na u & Teeboy15 I dey crush forgrin

he he he!!!!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kingthreat(m): 7:17pm On Jun 26, 2015
Kentrasso:

Nawa o. Who do u like this sef? Relax and stop being so tensed up
Life is short.

Who d forkk are you to advise me on when to relax?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Diane Bursts Into Tears As Mercy Tells Story Of Her Family (VIDEO) / The Website I Can Download Season Films / The Most Annoying Advert You Have Seen On TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.