Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,105 members, 7,818,302 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) (42428 Views)

AY's 10 Days In Sun City: A Review By Heromaniaa / AY's '30 Days In Atlanta' Recognized By Guinness World Records 2017 / Ay 30 Days In Atlanta Wins 4 Awards At Golden Movie Awards (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 3:33pm On Jun 26, 2015
redcliff:

Anyway you dont know me so your text doesnt move me
go and make ur own film and let's see if it will sell like the one u are condemning. Ppl that condemn other ppl success never get to be successful as them . Ay has made his money,if you don't like his film then don't buy the next one he makes . Simple as ABC grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 26, 2015
@op even your new account here is over-hyped you should have used the old one and be yourself instead of fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by kcynho(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

COULDN'T BELIEVE LESS,Been wanting to express the same thought as urs somehow,but u really did justice to the Criticism (Constructive)

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by STEVENcrack(m): 3:38pm On Jun 26, 2015
endowednicky:
thank God am not a benin girl....
Refer to the question again dear.

Still waiting for your humble response.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 26, 2015
like seriously angry sad shocked
utihumphrey:
Ay tried so much.I always watch the film because of AY
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by zub(m): 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
I cudnt even finish watching the movie cos its total crap. Well neva expected anytin bera. The whole story line judging from the first 30mins is an indication that its gona be boring.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 26, 2015
haba...if he is criticized today he should take it in good faith as it will only make him do better...that is how people grow
onatisi:
go and make ur own film and let's see if it will sell like the one u are condemning. Ppl that condemn other ppl success never get to be successful as them . Ay has made his money,if you don't like his film then don't buy the next one he makes . Simple as ABC grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Joshrob(m): 3:43pm On Jun 26, 2015
mimiy05:
There will always be haters shaaaa....I enjoyed, loved, gbaduned the movie...I can watch it a billion times n not get bored... there's a reason why that movie is top grossing. Say what you will, quote me all you want but the movie will still remain one of my favorites.
I agree with op on point no 3 tho...his stand up comedy scene in the movie didn't really cut it for me
If u really enjoy watching that poo movie then u should go for check up. Mayb u'r on drugs that day sha,I knw codeine and weed can make laugh even when hear a bad news..

5 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by onatisi(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
exthar87:
haba...if he is criticized today he should take it in good faith as it will only make him do better...that is how people grow
there was nothing constructive about the op criticisms ,it was destructive ,anyway whatever the op feels is irrelevant,the film has made it targeted profit .
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by uzzzy(f): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
The Hype worked for them, I think. That was what made my colleague to beg me to watch it , that I ll be happy for 7days after watching it, which I did nd was disappointed but thank goodness, my patience cldnt carry me to d end.
The dance scene nd that of him nd his lawyer in her house after his bail, brot d end of it f me

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by folks4luv(f): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
I so agree with d Op (pls what does Op mean?), I really looked forward to watching the movie but at d end I was like 'where is 30 days in atlanta'
?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by betty202020(m): 3:46pm On Jun 26, 2015
Joshrob:

Please don't just compare osoufia in London to poo ay called movie..osoufia in London is a class on its own
pardon me sir.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by amtalkin(f): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
May God bless the OP
there is nothing funny in that movie.

thank God i didn't buy the movie ooooo i borrowed it... yet to finish it i don't think i would sef.

nonsense film he was just forcing himself to be funny.

well i knew AY wasn't funny but i was expecting something different

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by yorke1: 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2015
AY need to be arrested i swear. I watched the movie and i didn't find AY scene funny at all. Kudos to others...like Ramsey, Mercy Johnson, Rachael etc. Apart from those people that made the movie lively, AY wasn't fit for that role.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by manee2(m): 3:48pm On Jun 26, 2015
1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged nrazz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed tserious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

2. Story line was poor; Like seriously what was he trying to portray, that Akpors is just a local Warri boy who got lucky, went abroad and couldn't behave himself in a cultured way? Seriously?

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that was whack.. !__ gbam!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by deelobe: 3:49pm On Jun 26, 2015
Buying the film was good money wasted. Watching it was eyes wasted. I felt cheated.

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by zicoraads: 3:50pm On Jun 26, 2015
I tot I was the only one who noticed. I posted a comment like this on my Facebook wall and got a lot of tongue lashing from my friends when they eventually watched it. Didn't find anything too special about it. At all!
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
@Teeboy15, not just overhyped, it is also VERY DRY. To make it worse, I found Ramsey funnier than the so called Akpors (AY)

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
his next movie might not make this much because a lot of people wont feel interested in watching it in the cinema...they will rather wait for our eastern brothers to bring out the special package grin grin
onatisi:
there was nothing constructive about the op criticisms ,it was destructive ,anyway whatever the op feels is irrelevant,the film has made it targeted profit .
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by gbens2000(m): 3:51pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

Didn't jst watch it. Av watched it a dozen times, jst decided to open a thread on it now
I begy,u av watched it a dozen tyms and u nthink its overhypd,an u stich saw it a dozen just tell us u want t promote maybe na ay agent u be self.pointless topic
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by bi0nics: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
.... I swear... As in... Its nt funny at all... Showin Us crazy Old school comedy.. Why did he even release it... And funny enuf.. Its the highest grossing nollywood movie... That shii of crap.... Its even a shame to that AY himself for releasin that movie,.. Its nt an achievement at all.. Buh anytin goes since it rakes in money.. Rubbish!...
cry A.y Snatch Ya G.f?
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:
Hi ya'll, I'm a first time OP (whatever OP means) so please apologies on any typo error or whatever.

Though this post is coming when the movie is already old but i just felt the need to create the thread afterall.

Ok enuff talk lemme get straight to it. I think the movie 30 days in Atlanta was unnecessarily hyped for the following reasons;

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more lhe movie.

CC: laasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

I watched that movie @ a cinema and I was so bored that I still wonder why my fiancee was laughing at those boring and old school jokes
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
Very true, the hype was just so much and my expectations were high, I was extremely disappointed...

1 Like

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by fejikudz(m): 3:54pm On Jun 26, 2015
ideykwum:
See, a lot of these comedians are so dry, you could set yourself on fire from their jokes!! Personally, AY and Alibaba are one of the worst!! Alibaba must have seen better days!!

You can sat that again
most especially alibaba,that guy is so dry

2 Likes

Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Lexusgs430: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
Watched the full movie on a KLM in-flight entertainment. I personally did not see anything overly interesting about it!!!!
He has made his money, goodluck to him.
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by InvertedHammer: 3:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
/
The delivery was too poor.

I could only take 5mins of it.

\
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by mimiy05: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2015
Joshrob:

If u really enjoy watching that poo movie then u should go for check up. Mayb u'r on drugs that day sha,I knw codeine and weed can make laugh even when hear a bad news..
All man to his own opinion...don't have time to trade words with you...If you think I was on drugs(the one you gave me probably), that's your two cents my dear
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Antoinne: 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2015
Teeboy15:

1. Ay was not fit for the role; Ay does not have that rugged n razz personality to play the role of Akpors. He seemed too serious for the role, more like forcing himself to be an Akpors personality. A Bovi or Charles Inojie interpretation of the role would have made more sense.

3.His comedy line in the movie when he got employed as a part-time comedian was terrible; Ay like seriously u could have done berra than that. Dat was whack. If na so ur shows dey be u for no get one kobo for account.

Let me state that I'm not in any way hating on the successfull comedian's effort (before Nairalanders go start their own wahala), for what its worth it was a good movie but constructive criticism also sell movies.

For those who haven't seen the movie make sure u get a copy of it and let us know what u think. U can also add ur opinion for those that have already seen the movie.

CC: lalasticlala, tosyne2much and co abeg help me park dis keke for garage

Your criticism is only 3 lines and you call it constructive? Talk about a Nigerian-type criticism! undecided
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by nom44311: 4:02pm On Jun 26, 2015
30 days in Atlanta n October 1st are so so overrated, think we r too used to crap nollywood output to d extent dat mediocre movies get overhyped...
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by vivaciousvivi(f): 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
demmy0325:
Your keke no get fuel.. undecided.

Where do you guys get these rhetorics from?! grin grin grin grin
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by GeneralQuamdeen: 4:06pm On Jun 26, 2015
OP, being the first time to be the Original Poster doesnt mean you shouldnt be careful of your typing error.
Bony92 mcmbonu biebele fgsvf bigsteveg SWAGAAVILLAGE shedrack777 runs megakom ofeakwu AyedejiTM i greet all of una and umbo noncy21 enjay1 anibo2 AbinOgund Niyi6 ezechima132 nuelzy and bros xavier212 cxsdgfhdsuigf ovabel12 intrepid aircom HardeyT muafrika wolexdey mel234 me1234 yankeedude olarajee and stnwani
You guys should please vote Jarizod tomorrow in the ongoing Mr. Nairaland 2015. Your contribution is aprreciated. Thanks
Re: Ay's 30 DAYS IN ATLANTA Is Overhyped (opinion) by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 26, 2015
Thnk God say I no watch am fr cinema. Men tht movie nah hairy yanssh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Bbnaija: Diane Bursts Into Tears As Mercy Tells Story Of Her Family (VIDEO) / The Website I Can Download Season Films / BBNaija: CeeC Becomes First Housemate In History To Trend Worldwide On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.