Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,368 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal (46269 Views)

Kenya Election 2017: Supreme Court Annuls Kenyatta Re-election / County Clerk Resigns Instead Of Issuing Gay Marriage Licenses (Photo) / US Gay Marriage: Robert Mugabe Asks Obama's Hand In Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2015
Extremely Disgusting !!! angry angry angry . Believe me.......

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:00am On Jun 27, 2015
maduxs:
Hope is not why Obama is inviting buhari on 20th of July to convince him about our gay marriage law
A credible lawsuit against the law at a federal high court may dismantle the Nigerian law.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Sagamite(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2015
CFCfan:

Lol. I was reading an article on Politico about how polygamy should be legalized since the man and his multiple partners love themselves, and their love doesn't harm the community in any way.

Yep!

Really there is zero argument, ABSOLUTELY ZERO ARGUMENTS, that makes banning it valid.

And it infuriates me that the Western media that are purveyors and promoters of homosexual marriage never asks their politicians to comment on this. It just exposes their media bias.

Why can't a single presenter put Obama and co on the spot and ask them on what grounds that polygamy is banned? They would never do so and some so-called and self-acclaimed "progressives" think they have some moral grounds because these bias people are on their side.

2 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Folksyharry(m): 12:00am On Jun 27, 2015
ogaibe1:
People bashing this development bringing bible and end things here will be the same people that are wicked towards there neighbors, if given the opportunity they will steal, corrupt and commit other wicked atrocities in Nigeria where no one is safe. Lets God be the judge of all humanity and not any of you.

are those atrocities you counted legalized in Nigeria.
if they want it that way then no problem but they shouldn't be forcing their gay campaign on Africans.

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by kaka74: 12:01am On Jun 27, 2015
On a funny this post reminds me of that chilean defender jobara who inserted his fingers inside cavani's ass during their copa america match nd got a hot blow thogh cavani got sent off
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Jun 27, 2015
CFCfan:

A credible lawsuit against the law at a federal high court may dismantle the Nigerian law.

I don't think so.

There are aspects of it that can be challenged in court (e.g. freedom to associate and speak) but the core of it (ban of unnatural carnal knowledge and promotion of it) is really not challengeable in Nigeria.

Even our judges are slanted more on the side of religion than funkiness.

It would at worse be amended but homosexual acts would still be banned.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 27, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
When the westerners bring up some stupid believes and ideologies, we scramble to embrace them..
Now let's imagine that the world embraces homosexuality and everyone got a same Sex marriage. Fast forward 100 years from now and humans will be an endangered specie.
My country has a 14years jail term for it, when I become president you all homos will spend d rest of ur life in a correctional facility. angry sad
u are well enlightened my son. U talk true.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:08am On Jun 27, 2015
Psylas:
you are just ignorant about life, so Nigerian govt or nigerians get sense pass those oyibos and their govt baa? Hehe, the whites are wise and right. Damn Africa
what are u doingg in nigeria? HomoGayshee.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 27, 2015
Psylas:
you are just ignorant about life, so Nigerian govt or nigerians get sense pass those oyibos and their govt baa? Hehe, the whites are wise and right. Damn Africa
you are a MADMAN. The white people are born with TAILS. and they have RHESUS MONKEY dna in their blood.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Psylas:
i also have a good way to reply this buy it might be offensive to u, don't push me
gush! Guy be silenced please!!!u disgust nairalanders.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 27, 2015
EMEKA1MILLION:
When the westerners bring up some stupid believes and ideologies, we scramble to embrace them..
Now let's imagine that the world embraces homosexuality and everyone got a same Sex marriage. Fast forward 100 years from now and humans will be an endangered specie.
My country has a 14years jail term for it, when I become president you all homos will spend d rest of ur life in a correctional facility. angry sad

u could have been born gay u know...

u could give birth to a son n he will be gay from birth.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2015
Sagamite:

Yep!

Really there is zero argument, ABSOLUTELY ZERO ARGUMENTS, that makes banning it valid.

And it infuriates me that the Western media that are purveyors and promoters of homosexual marriage never asks their politicians to comment on this. It just exposes their media bias.

Why can't a single presenter put Obama and co on the spot and ask them on what grounds that polygamy is banned? They would never do so and some so-called and self-acclaimed "progressives" think they have some moral grounds because these bias people are on their side.
Nailed on! I expect to see challenges to the ban on polygamy in the various states. Today, it's only legal in Utah.
When the US federal courts legalize polygamy, Atiku could officially declare that he is married to more than one woman when he steps foot into the US. grin
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by gtnofllwr: 12:15am On Jun 27, 2015
kachnov:

Your statement hardly holds water.

Reread slowly what you wrote .

Be specific, why doesn't my statement hold water?
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by tete7000(m): 12:16am On Jun 27, 2015
It is going to make practising Christianity harder. How do you preach against what the state has made legal?

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Sagamite(m): 12:19am On Jun 27, 2015
CFCfan:

Nailed on! I expect to see challenges to the ban on polygamy in the various states. Today, it's only legal in Utah.
When the US federal courts legalize polygamy, Atiku could officially declare that he is married to more than one woman when he steps foot into the US. grin

I don't think it is even legal in Utah.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 27, 2015
Sagamite:

I don't think so.

There are aspects of it that can be challenged in court (e.g. freedom to associate and speak) but the core of it (ban of unnatural carnal knowledge and promotion of it) is really not challengeable in Nigeria.

Even our judges are slanted more on the side of religion than funkiness.

It would at worse be amended but homosexual acts would still be banned.
That would be the major reason such a lawsuit will fail, at least on the marriage aspect. Judges all over the world, including the US, most times defer to their cultural/religious beliefs when the law is silent on some disputes. I mean it would be tough for a Nigerian judge to overturn a ban on gay marriage, with the knowledge that he/she may forever be ostracized by his hometown cheesy cheesy
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 27, 2015
Boxer007:

YAY YAY YAY HIP HIP HIP HURRRRRRAAAAYYYY AND HOPEFULLY NIGERIA WILL FOLLOW SUIT. AM SO HAPPY
GOD punish your left balls. Try that nonsense for naija here, u are dead
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 27, 2015
big congratulations to all that think they av freedom from this and to some of us that feel slightly offended let know fully that this doesn't in any way infringe our freedom and right to marry the opposite sex.
to people who think it will make human endangered species; remember this is same issue we have with Shekau Abubakar and other militants worldwide who think everyone's must practice Islam and must do so in Shekau way; for every Islamic rebel there millions peaceful Muslims so also for every gay there will be millions of
straight,
to people thinking (their) God will curse any country involved this is not true as it will portray God as unjust (imagine God cursing Nigeria, including the Chibok girls parent for Boko haram atrocity) God will only punish offenders .
on a lighter mode most people bashing America will still not turn down US (@that thier God will curse) visa . Congratulations to all the winners and their is no looser!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Mznaett: 12:36am On Jun 27, 2015
Hurray!! It's a new dawn in America. I just wish i was there 2celebrate with them

#lady4rmmars
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 27, 2015
shammah1:
Abeg help m ask uncle Sam's puppet aka Daura (snail) President Buhari, old wine and babaonechance
Guy all this nonsense u are doing here on nairaland will never get u any where. This man u are insulting up and down doesn't know bastards like u existed. Your wretch father and ashawo mother will be regretting why they didn't abort u. Now I know u are pain because I insulted your parents right That's how it feel to insult some one's parent too.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Setaje(f): 12:44am On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident1, sukkot please explain things to me. embarassed what's going on........
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by MrPresident1: 12:46am On Jun 27, 2015
Setaje:
MrPresident1, sukkot please explain things to me. embarassed what's going on........

It is good news Sweerie, goodest sweetest news in the world! Hold fast cheesy cheesy
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Setaje(f): 12:47am On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident1:

It is good news Sweerie, goodest sweetest news in the world! Hold fast cheesy cheesy

I really don't understand. Don't no why am worried. I need answers. Only both of u can give me deeper meaning. Why do u think it's good news

1 Like

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Sagamite(m): 12:49am On Jun 27, 2015
CFCfan:

That would be the major reason such a lawsuit will fail, at least on the marriage aspect. Judges all over the world, including the US, most times defer to their cultural/religious beliefs when the law is silent on some disputes. I mean it would be tough for a Nigerian judge to overturn a ban on gay marriage, with the knowledge that he/she may forever be ostracized by his hometown cheesy cheesy

With that anti-homosexual marriage bill in place, I really don't see how homosexual acts can ever be legalised in Nigeria in the next 30 years (at the least) even if the whole world legalises it.

It was written to kill it completely in Nigeria.

It leaves virtually no wriggle room to campaign to overturn it and adding the mentality of the majority now, and my picture of the next generation, no way is homosexual acts being legalised in Nigeria anytime soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Audray(f): 12:51am On Jun 27, 2015
Kay17:

God given rights?! That is painful oxymoronic. God granting the homosexuals a right to perpetuate a scheme in direct opposition to his divine vision.
what i said is no oxymoron. Homophobic people are always quick to use God and religion as a reason for unneccessary hate. You seem to forget; slavery was perfectly established and taken seriously in the Bible, it was seen as "normal". In the same USA it was rife then fortunately abolished.is the abolishment of slavery not also "a direct opposition to HIS divine vision"? Due to the fact that God Himself ordained it? And as for human rights, i guess ur seeing them as "man made" and "direct opposition against His divine vision". Id advice u sir to do urself some good and rise against unreasonable hate and stop being God's spokesman. He is GOD for goodness sake....

6 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Audray(f): 12:53am On Jun 27, 2015
wordcat:

That's a useless thought cos everbody can't be gay.
thank u
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by MrPresident1: 12:56am On Jun 27, 2015
Setaje:

I really don't understand. Don't no why am worried. I need answers. Only both of u can give me deeper meaning. Why do u think it's good news

Ok, see in the Bible ehn, Egypt is used to describe a place of bondage, and Sodom is the house of corruption, what has just happened is that amongst other things, another piece in the puzzle has just been fixed. The dead people are the Negroes of America, and the great city is now fully identified.

Wallahi, you don't need to be worried sam sam, YAH has promised serious protection for His children, the face of the beast is being unmasked, and will be unmasked finally at the glorious appearance of Christ. The time has come! cheesy

Revelation 11:7
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Daniel 4:17
This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

The kingdom of the basest of men has ended!
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 12:57am On Jun 27, 2015
barcanista:
Wetin concern us for naija?
av u forget how fast we copy western ideology.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Audray(f): 1:00am On Jun 27, 2015
sameer1212:
GOD punish your left balls. Try that nonsense for naija here, u are dead
u sir, are a retard. It is ur type that maim and lynch people to death for absolutely useless reasons. It is ur type that has kept nigeria unproductive. A disguised tout, is what u are,calling Gods name in vain.u sir; are no better than the agbero boys on the street. Do urself somegood by shutting ur offensive trap.

3 Likes

Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Setaje(f): 1:05am On Jun 27, 2015
MrPresident1:

Ok, see in the Bible ehn, Egypt is used to describe a place of bondage, and Sodom is the house of corruption, what has just happened is that amongst other things, another piece in the puzzle has just been fixed. The dead people are the Negroes of America, and the great city is now fully identified.

Wallahi, you don't need to be worried sam sam, YAH has promised serious protection for His children, the face of the beast is being unmasked, and will be unmasked finally at the glorious appearance of Christ. The time has come! cheesy

Revelation 11:7
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

Daniel 4:17
This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demand by the word of the holy ones: to the intent that the living may know that the most High ruleth in the kingdom of men, and giveth it to whomsoever he will, and setteth up over it the basest of men.

The kingdom of the basest of men has ended!

Wow. Ok I take this to mean the destruction of America has began
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by martineverest(m): 1:06am On Jun 27, 2015
U must be one of dem.....flushing rubbish out of ur mouth
ifeness:
Gay right is justified. Anyone is free to sleep with whom they wish.
Re: America's Supreme Court Makes Gay Marriage Legal by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 27, 2015
Audray:
u sir, are a retard. It is ur type that maim and lynch people to death for absolutely useless reasons. It is ur type that has kept nigeria unproductive. A disguised tout, is what u are,calling Gods name in vain.u sir; are no better than the agbero boys on the street. Do urself somegood by shutting ur offensive trap.
U are an Idi*ot for typing me this trash Agbero or no Agbero, we will never allow gay in nigeria either little bastards like u like it or not. And if them born u well, wherever u are in nigeria tell any one that u are guy and see if u will see the next day. Nonsense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Donald Trump Signs On A Woman's Chest During Campaign Visit In Iowa (Pics) / Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Apple Fire Rages In California, Thousands Evacuated (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.