Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

Lunch Date Experience - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lunch Date Experience (42967 Views)

Lady Narrates Her Horrible First-date Experience With A Stingy Guy / Whats Your Worst Date Experience?here Is Mine.....true Life Experience / My First Date Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lunch Date Experience by pipz(m): 7:05am On Jul 01, 2015
@ladyboss

Let me narrate my own experience.

An Aunty introduced me to this chick. Never seen her before. I goggles her name and etc but found little or nothing really bout her. So I started calling her, the communication wasn't bad. She asked where I got her no from I said from my Aunty in the U.S. Etc. even my aunt has never seen her, she got to know about the girl thru her friend who is this babes Aunty as well.
So we set a date up. Said we'll do movies 1st and any other thing later. This was about 2 weeks ago. I sold my car few days before then. So we spoke before the movies and went online to see which movie and time we would see and how to connect and alas we where both staying on the island.in my mind I was like nice one at least I don't have to travel to see her. We picked an 8 pm movie. Then I told her I'm not mobile but will come pick her never the less. So I called her by 7 and also called an uber same time to come pick me then will head to her place to pick her up too. But she said we are already running late for the movie so she'll come join me at the cinemas. So I was like no wahala, see u at the cinema. Getting to the cinema I tickets for us then waited a little while. Called her to know how close she was and stuff. And behold she showed up and I was like whoa ! She wasn't looking too bad. Then I got her pop corn and water and I just water, she asked why and I was I already had a coke and not a fan of too much sugar.
The movies went on well we laughed screamed and had fun no too much talking. It was Jurassic World 3d. After the movie I suggested we chill out at a bar downstairs so we requested for a table for 2 and the menu. But the didn't have the cocktail she wanted so we changed and went to the next bar. I couldn't suggest any other place as I wasn't mobile and felt it will be wrong if I said we should leave for some other bar in her car.
The next bar had close to what she wanted so and I ordered a bottle of beer for myself I asked her to do alchol, jokingly oooo. And she said naaa, maybe some other time. She said she wanted wings I was like babe take all u want. She asked me why I didn't want some I was like I'm ok. We chatted well and laughed apparently she is a Yankee babe but works in oil and gas here. I asked for her bday, she said that's a wired question .... Don't know why. She asked were I work and etc. told her mine but she didn't tell me hers. I found out from LinkedIn about hers though. After some time she said she has to go so I saw her off to her car and asked her if she had a nice time and would want to do this again. She said sure she did and will do it again. I was happy (in my mind I was like I've found something serious) we spoke after I got home and the next day. And after that this babe has refused to pick my call again. What on earth went wrong. My cousin a babe told me it was wrong for me to go on a date without a car she said I would have at least went to borrow one. My elder bro was like this is when u know a girl will stay with u. I've sent her like 2 text msgs to no avail.
Can some pls tell wat I did wrong.

@ladyboss, that guy is a douchebag
Re: Lunch Date Experience by missbehave247(m): 7:06am On Jul 01, 2015
grin
Gurgle:

LOL no. is it for you to say why somebody i was awake undecided
Re: Lunch Date Experience by ArabianPrince: 7:08am On Jul 01, 2015
@Chubhie. Am only trying to be realistic. I used hungry chick not because of her refusal to drink wine. But because her reason for going on the date was to feed.Obviously she got no interest....so what could have made her go lunching if not hunger. I quite understand what hunger does to people, like going on a date when you have no interest in the person, not able to recognise when you are insulted during the free meal only to realise after the meal, not able to walk away from guy with unclassy comments during free meal , not able to tell a guy off with his comments only to come online to diss and rant. I do empathize with her but won't support her going on public forum dissing someone who saved her at point of need after achieving her aim...Satiety.
I doubt if any lady will go on lunch date with full stomach.
Good you are retired.

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by bengems(m): 7:10am On Jul 01, 2015
u get luck say FG don ban ogogoro! na waiting dat guy for give u...mtcheeeew
Yoruba and their mumu swag since 1902 AD
Re: Lunch Date Experience by ekiyor3: 7:16am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Hey peeps
Lolz ok so yes i went on a lunch date thing today with a guy i was introduce to by a mutual friend, we've seen each other before but there was no spark so i didnt really entertain it.

Anyway as you all know i'm single and have been for a while now... We decided to meet a place close to me so i can get back to work on time .

Ok we ordered food , had light convo just general stuff

Now the issue
Ok oh this guy orders wine i had a little bit but im not really a wine drinker anyway , and then the guy kept saying
"Why dont you drink some "?
"Have some more wine are you shy"
I told him no like its bloody lunch time who gets wasted at lunch
And he said to me he thought i was a classy chic, but he thought WRONG!

After he said that i felt insulted just killed the mood , but didnt say anything just told him i have to go and would call him later.

Please lol how is that unclassy? this is why i dont bother going on yeye date so annoying .. Anyway thats the end of him (history) he can go find a wine drinker somewhere else or do u think i am over reacting? Dont get guys

. My answer to him wanting u to drink the wine is simple, the guy is not really a guy dat have much. I mean, much cash. Babe, as a guy its painful when u take a lady out with ur hard earn money and she didn't take or eat the things u bought. To him it looks like u just wasted his money. I am talking from the angle of a struggling guy not a rich guy. Hope u got my point.

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by Gmekx(m): 7:18am On Jul 01, 2015
You did good

https://my.notjustok.com/track/download/id/23218

Just click the link above. Thanks
Re: Lunch Date Experience by ArabianPrince: 7:27am On Jul 01, 2015
@Pipz. You call the guy a douche bag. Can you read your own story? After all the fronting and impression you tried to give the lady...she doesn't take your call no more.
Your story is not different from Op's just that you are the guy spending. Yet you call someone douchebag.
Am yet to find a word for you though....so many things wrong in your story.
Stop texting her and looking desperate.
Stop spending on ladies for dates.
Girls run like buses, you miss one...catch one, on the hour promptly.
Why couldn't she give you a ride with her car to go on the said date..? Afterall, You are doing the spending.
How many dates will you go on this way...from cinema to bar?
Can't you see its obvious she has no interest?
She only needed your free drinks and cinema.
Going to cinema on first date? Red Flag.
You are not her type. Get over it.
No offence.

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by Gurgle(f): 7:34am On Jul 01, 2015
missbehave247:
grin

well is it?
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 01, 2015
Its probably the guy doesnt want the wine to go to waste,dude is probably broke.but then the statement he made was damn too insulting.
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2015
Hmmm! Page 35 of the Red book. "get her drunk, f.uck her, on to the next one"
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Hey peeps
Lolz ok so yes i went on a lunch date thing today with a guy i was introduce to by a mutual friend, we've seen each other before but there was no spark so i didnt really entertain it.

Anyway as you all know i'm single and have been for a while now... We decided to meet a place close to me so i can get back to work on time .

Now the issue
Ok oh this guy orders wine i had a little bit but im not really a wine drinker anyway , and then the guy kept saying

After he said that i felt insulted just killed the mood , but didnt say anything just told him i have to go and would call him later.

Please lol how is that unclassy? this is why i dont bother going on yeye date so annoying .. Anyway thats the end of him (history) he can go find a wine drinker somewhere else or do u think i am over reacting? Dont get guys

Lol
Re: Lunch Date Experience by pipz(m): 8:10am On Jul 01, 2015
ArabianPrince:
@Pipz. You call the guy a douche bag. Can you read your own story? After all the fronting and impression you tried to give the lady...she doesn't take your call no more.
Your story is not different from Op's just that you are the guy spending. Yet you call someone douchebag.
Am yet to find a word for you though....so many things wrong in your story.
Stop texting her and looking desperate.

Stop spending on ladies for dates.
Girls run like buses, you miss one...catch one, on the hour promptly.
Why couldn't she give you a ride with her car to go on the said date..? Afterall, You are doing the spending.
How many dates will you go on this way...from cinema to bar?
Can't you see its obvious she has no interest?
She only needed your free drinks and cinema.
Going to cinema on first date? Red Flag.
You are not her type. Get over it.
No offence.

Nope: I'm very different from that guy. And definately not disparate as u sound. I stopped calling after the 3rd call went unresponded. I don't see anything wrong in cinema on a 1st date I called that guy a douche bag for wanting to force boss lady to drink at launch time. We had a great conversation. And take no offence in her not talking again. The money? That's no issue, no regrets . You take a lady for a date you gotta be ready to take the bills and never expect anything back. Except she's a runs girl or you're scamming her. I posted my experience just to share for fun ..... That's all. Not seeking for anybody's advise

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by dustydee: 8:21am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Hey peeps

Now the issue

He probably was put off by your English.
Saw this in a restaurant: "A meal without wine is called BREAKFAST". grin I personally don't agree with that statement but you never can tell where the guy is coming from.
Re: Lunch Date Experience by amiskurie(m): 8:25am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Hey peeps

Now the issue

Buh u look like one who's always high on wine.
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 01, 2015
amiskurie:

Buh u look like one who's always high on wine.

smiley u can ask me .. Instead of assuming .. The answer is no ..
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 01, 2015
pipz:
@ladyboss

An Aunty introduced me to this chick. Never seen her before. I goggles her name and etc but found little or nothing really bout her. So I started calling her, the communication wasn't bad. She asked where I got her no from I said from my Aunty in the U.S. Etc. even my aunt has never seen her, she got to know about the girl thru her friend who is this babes Aunty as well.
So we set a date up. Said we'll do movies 1st and any other thing later. This was about 2 weeks ago. I sold my car few days before then. So we spoke before the movies and went online to see which movie and time we would see and how to connect and alas we where both staying on the island.in my mind I was like nice one at least I don't have to travel to see her. We picked an 8 pm movie. Then I told her I'm not mobile but will come pick her never the less. So I called her by 7 and also called an uber same time to come pick me then will head to her place to pick her up too. But she said we are already running late for the movie so she'll come join me at the cinemas. So I was like no wahala, see u at the cinema. Getting to the cinema I tickets for us then waited a little while. Called her to know how close she was and stuff. And behold she showed up and I was like whoa ! She wasn't looking too bad. Then I got her pop corn and water and I just water, she asked why and I was I already had a coke and not a fan of too much sugar.
The movies went on well we laughed screamed and had fun no too much talking. It was Jurassic World 3d. After the movie I suggested we chill out at a bar downstairs so we requested for a table for 2 and the menu. But the didn't have the cocktail she wanted so we changed and went to the next bar. I couldn't suggest any other place as I wasn't mobile and felt it will be wrong if I said we should leave for some other bar in her car.
The next bar had close to what she wanted so and I ordered a bottle of beer for myself I asked her to do alchol, jokingly oooo. And she said naaa, maybe some other time. She said she wanted wings I was like babe take all u want. She asked me why I didn't want some I was like I'm ok. We chatted well and laughed apparently she is a Yankee babe but works in oil and gas here. I asked for her bday, she said that's a wired question .... Don't know why. She asked were I work and etc. told her mine but she didn't tell me hers. I found out from LinkedIn about hers though. After some time she said she has to go so I saw her off to her car and asked her if she had a nice time and would want to do this again. She said sure she did and will do it again. I was happy (in my mind I was like I've found something serious) we spoke after I got home and the next day. And after that this babe has refused to pick my call again. What on earth went wrong. My cousin a babe told me it was wrong for me to go on a date without a car she said I would have at least went to borrow one. My elder bro was like this is when u know a girl will stay with u. I've sent her like 2 text msgs to no avail.

Mayb she just not interested * shrugs*

Lol for ppl that asked i paid for my own meal oh, but he did offer to pay sha.
Re: Lunch Date Experience by seedord247(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2015
pipz:
@ladyboss

Lmaoooo that guy is a douhebag but you couldn't get a gurl to meet you for the second date and she aint even replying your messsage... who's the douchebag now... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lunch Date Experience by mubarak001(m): 8:31am On Jul 01, 2015
What can I comment?

Let me do biz and leave dos falling head heels in hate with their classicals.

In Port Harcourt...
Order for your fingerlings , fish pond construction with tarpaulin...

And also, for your private tutor in science subjects, training on AutoCAD, archicad, artlantis studio, and chess game.

Contact; renadox@yahoo.com
Re: Lunch Date Experience by seedord247(m): 8:33am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Mayb she just not interested * shrugs*

Lol for ppl that asked i paid for my own meal oh, but he did offer to pay sha.

he did offer to pay or paid.... grin grin grin grin grin

say the truth grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 01, 2015
dustydee:

He probably was put off by your English.
Saw this in a restaurant: "A meal without wine is called BREAKFAST". grin I personally don't agree with that statement but you never can tell where the guy is coming from.

Lol okies so it dat y he insulted me cause i refuse to have some

Dont get me wrong if it was weekend like and it was dinner i i knew i dont have work .. Yes y not. I'll have a glass or two but on a week day its a no no .. N he should have just respected it .. Like wts d biggie ..

Ok oh even i drank that bottle what will he do . Carry me in broad Day light n everyone will be looking at him abi .. Lie lie
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 01, 2015
seedord247:

he did offer to pay or paid.... grin grin grin grin grin

say the truth grin grin

Hehehe its the truth .. I dint take things from guys . The only man i have ever taken anything from is my father and thatafter secondary school... Lol i know jts hard to blive as ur surrounded by lazy girls back there. smiley
Re: Lunch Date Experience by amiskurie(m): 8:36am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:

smiley u can ask me .. Instead of assuming .. The answer is no ..
Don't mind me,I was only kidding.u look beautiful....Buh u know parents of nowadays are too quick to judge based on dressing.it was just yesterday they reminded me that I should get a Muslim with moderate dressing.I tire o....
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 01, 2015
amiskurie:

Don't mind me,I was only kidding.u look beautiful....Buh u know parents of nowadays are too quick to judge based on dressing.it was just yesterday they reminded me that I should get a Muslim with moderate dressing.I tire o....

Well ur parents justs wants whats best for you i guess .. But sometimes dont judge a book by its cover wink u might be shocked at what u find
hope ur fasting is going smooth .
Re: Lunch Date Experience by seedord247(m): 8:39am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:

Hehehe uts the truth .. I dint take things from guys . The only man i have ever taken anything from is my father and thatafter secondary school... Lol i know jts hard to blive as ur surrounded by lazy girls back there. smiley

I hear you grin grin grin grin

If you don't take things from guys means you are a Viirgin?? grin grin grin
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 01, 2015
Anyway thanks for your comments so far.. I'll update you guys... He finally sent me a message
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Mariojane(f): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2015
naijaboiy:
My only problem is the person that got the FTC space before me. angry

Abeg who on gen? I wan charge my i-phone6+ sad
who gave you iphone6+? no be china android i followed you to buy last week? *in jenifa voice* lying man

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by imma2(m): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2015
yeah i'm drinking the Panadol because some guys are very STUP.ID! and I don't want OP to doubt herself [/quote]

No doubt, some guys are STUP.ID and that's the way some girls are STUP.ID. Most you abuse to make ur point?
Re: Lunch Date Experience by imma2(m): 8:52am On Jul 01, 2015
LadyBoss1:
Anyway thanks for your comments so far.. I'll update you guys... He finally sent me a message

Lol...epic Hollywood romance. Starts from ugly and it turns out to be beautiful cheesy grin
Re: Lunch Date Experience by Nobody: 8:53am On Jul 01, 2015
imma2:

Lol...epic Hollywood romance. Starts from ugly and it turns out to be beautiful cheesy grin

Lol well i wont say beutiful till u see the messages but i guess im not irritated about the whole thing like i was yesterday .. U know when u sleep on things u forget sometimes y u even angry

1 Like

Re: Lunch Date Experience by Gurgle(f): 8:55am On Jul 01, 2015
imma2:
yeah i'm drinking the Panadol because some guys are very STUP.ID! and I don't want OP to doubt herself

No doubt, some guys are STUP.ID and that's the way some girls are STUP.ID. Most you abuse to make ur point?

I didn't abuse; abuse would have been if I said all guys were stvpid. I said some . don't see anything abusive about that.

as you said, so are some girls
Re: Lunch Date Experience by fadjnr(m): 8:58am On Jul 01, 2015
robinicule:
niggas can be so unromantic....why would u think drinking to stupor on a date is classy...mehn that guys I.Q is sub zero.

grin your comment is chilling Bro. grin. You wicked fa. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Christmas Photoshoot Turns Into Marriage Proposal (Photos) / Photos: Bride Marries Her Dead Groom At His Funeral / Isokoboy Exposes 'Padded' Slay Queen On Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.