Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102506 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by chinchum(m): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
sicobamty2:
do u pple think that OSUN is poor come to osun and enjoy life wit 100 u will buy 2wrap of Eba and 1 meat, some pple don't knw d meanin of poverty in state
cheap cost of living also decreases poverty rate in a relative comparison. A man earning 25,000 in osun is considerably richer than his counterpart earning the same in some states like anambra, meaning he can get more value for his money

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
Oseite:

No, I haven't, and I do not deny that Rivers is richer than Osun, and that the richest man in Rivers is most probably richer than that of Osun. This, however, is a study about poverty indexes. An example is USA, which is the richest country in the world, but who on the poverty index is below countries like Finland and even Canada.
I have been to osun, I serve there, I'm telling you that something is wrong with the list.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 7:36pm On Jul 01, 2015
chinchum:
cheap cost of living also decreases poverty rate in a relative comparison. A man earning 25,000 in osun is considerably richer than his counterpart earning the same in some states like anambra, meaning he can get more value for his money

God will bless you.

If someone in Anamabra decides to build a mansion he will only sleep in during the festive period in December and a messenger in Civil Service in Osun State decides to.build a bungalow for himself and his household, are both of them not house owners?

Or you will say that because one has a mansion, the other's bungalow is not a house?

The report simply shows that there is more even distribution of disposable income in Osun State than Anambra. In absolute figures, though there can be more richer people in Anambra than Osun, but in proportion to the entire population Osun people can afford basic amenities of life than Anambra people.

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 7:37pm On Jul 01, 2015
So, we see the SW leads the SE in Child health as the SE has higher rate of Child and infant mortality than SW, even though SE has higher rate of Child immunization than SW.

Therefore, SW leads SE in Child health, which is. Criteria 1a of OPHDI.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
IlekeHD:

We've never heard of them. Expect them to move to the SW to make money.
Just like Innoson had to move to SW to make money right?

Being dumb comes naturally to you, no?

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 7:39pm On Jul 01, 2015
pazienza:
So, we see the SW leads the SE in Child health as the SE has higher rate of Child and infant mortality than SW, even though SE has higher rate of Child immunization than SW.

Therefore, SW leads SE in Child health, which is. Criteria 1a of OPHDI.
Are you speaking aramaic?

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IlekeHD: 7:40pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:

I already replied your other handle.

Posing the same question with different handles? That's just weak sad
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:

Innoson's market is majorly government patronage, especially under GEJ. No wonder he donated massively towards his campaign.

How many individuals have Innoson assembled cars?

Be rest assured, even Innoson knows the tea party is over for him with GEJ out of power. PAN is back to being the choice of FG.

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by akwabassey: 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ser I ous

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by rdokoye: 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
no2fuks:
its hard for me to believe these figures this same lagos that I use my eye to see poverty everyday both in my own life and my environment.

The stats are based on an independent study, which from the looks of things, appeared to have been minimally funded. So it’s not official, not in the slightest, so you can take these stats with a grain of salt.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
IlekeHD:

I already replied your other handle.

Posing the same question with different handles? That's just weak sad
What are you talking about? typing on transit while going home after work...dhurrr!

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
akwabassey:
U people are just so funny.i am not from anambra but comparing anambra with osun in whatever indices is like comparing Germany with india. Pls u guys should stop making this baseless assertion. Osun to the best of my knowledge is a very poor state both its government and its people. Putting osun next to lagos on this list in the first place brought the whole report to null.

Says Professor Emeritus Akwa Bassey.
Whose source is...... personal Opinions "To the best of his knowledge"

Anambra is Germany .....lol

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by rdokoye: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
Mcowubaba:
u guys nd dis una Anambra praises nd worship .......calm down...dis is UN report nt APC report..
Tenk u...

It’s not an official UN report. Official reports are carried out by the UNDP.

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
akwabassey:
U people are just so funny.i am not from anambra but comparing anambra with osun in whatever indices is like comparing Germany with india. Pls u guys should stop making this baseless assertion. Osun to the best of my knowledge is a very poor state both its government and its people. Putting osun next to lagos on this list in the first place brought the whole report to null.

No be you get your hand and bandwidth to type rubbish you feel like typing nah?

UN reports says poverty is lower in Osun than Anambra. So be it.

Is it not the same crime infested and gully eroded Anambra?

Haters and aggrieved can jump inside the deepest part of the Lagoon. Better still, hug a. 50,000 KVA high tension wire. cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IlekeHD: 7:46pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
What are you talking about? typing on transit while going home after work...dhurrr!

Focus on your transit.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

Innoson market is majorly government patronage, especially under GEJ. No wonder he donated massively towards his campaign.

How many individuals have Innoson assembled cars?

Be rest assured, even Innoson knows the tea party is over for him with GEJ out of power. PAN is back to being the choice of FG.
This is lame. The same way dangote who thrived on govt favoritism while fronting for cronies and rogues in govt abi?

Innoson is going higher and higher. All The hate from yorubas in Nigeria and diaspora cannot stop him cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 7:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
rdokoye:

The stats are based on an independent study, which from the looks of things, appeared to have been minimally funded. So it’s not official, not in the slightest, so you can take these stats with a grain of salt.

not properly funded you say?
If Imo was #1, would it be "properly funded" then?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:50pm On Jul 01, 2015
IlekeHD:

Focus on your transit.
After I celebrate your exit

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dokunbam(m): 7:52pm On Jul 01, 2015
SIRTee15:
well, this report basically corroborate similar poverty index reports from world bank and national bureau of statistics.
SW has the lowest poverty rate while NW has the highest, although facts and figures vary.
The various methodologies used in carrying out this reports are always controversial.
white people view poverty from a different angle, they define poverty as a person living on less than two dollars per day and lay emphasis on access to clean water, basic sanitation, quality education and healthcare, infant mortality rate, maternal mortality rate, life expectancy etc
Nigerians view poverty differently and believes poverty eradication has more to do with acquisition of material wealth such as mansions, luxurious cars, private jets; viability of commercial activities; presence of big supermarkets, shopping malls; individuals' purchasing power etc.
This will naturally cause a disagreement among us anytime this reports are released.
However, methodologies follow basic scientific principles which includes universality, reproducibility, testable and tentative.
If your poverty methodology is acceptable in Nigeria but rejected in Japan, then its not scientific and cannot be used to assess poverty.
Until we are a able to produce a universally acceptable methodology on poverty rate, we will continue to abide with theirs'.
Thanks for this. poverty is not measured by the wealth people acquired, but the general standard of living.

4 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IlekeHD: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
After I celebrate your exit

Just watch where your transit is going. Okay?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
This is lame. The same way dangote who thrived on govt favoritism while fronting for cronies and rogues in govt abi?

Innoson is going higher and higher. All The hate from yorubas in Nigeria and diaspora cannot stop him cheesy

Joker. Dangote's product is not based on Government patronage alone. A very very high percentage of individuals buy his products.

Was his product worth protecting? Yes and it paid off. Nigeria is now self reliant in cement production.

I pray that Innoson gets bigger. For now, it is still a car assemblage plant and not a car manufacturing plant, just like others scattered all over Nigeria eg PAN, Leyland ANNAMACO VON Tilda etc

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
GOAL 7: ENSURE ENVIRONMENTAL
SUSTAINABILITY
Target 7.C: Halve by 2015, the proportion
of people without sustainable access to
safe drinking water and basic sanitation
Indicator 7.8: Proportion of population
using an improved drinking water source
And Indicator 7.9: Proportion of
population using an improved sanitation
facility
Fifty seven percent of Nigeria households
had access to improved water source in
2004. In 2008, there was a slight
decrease to 55.8 percent. Fifty seven
percent was recorded again in 2012 while
in 2014 there was an increase to 62.2%.
Access to improved sources of drinking
water has been unstable in Nigeria.
Although in 2014, the urban areas
recorded about 74.6% against the 57.6%
of the rural, yet access within the zones
showed that it was only in South West
that a 70.6% access to improved sources
was recorded. The rest of the zones
lingered between 68% and 53%.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:55pm On Jul 01, 2015
IlekeHD:

Just watch where your transit is going. Okay?
tying my gele to dance shoki at your exit

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by totit: 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:

Mtcheew
grin

Innoson, that cheap scam by Jonathan government assembling in Nigeria with government money?
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/fg-innoson-motors-job-creation-partnership/

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by totit: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

Joker. Dangote's product is not based on Government patronage alone. A very very high percentage of individuals buy his products.

Was his product worth protecting? Yes and it paid off. Nigeria is now self reliant in cement production.

I pray that Innoson gets bigger. For now, it is still a car assemblage plant and not a car manufacturing plant, just like others scattered all over Nigeria eg PAN, Leyland ANNAMACO VON Tilda etc

Yes yes and yes

Innoson, that cheap scam by Jonathan government assembling in Nigeria with government money?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2015
Super1Star:

Pls don't bore me. Did he get undue advantage from those in power or not? His cement for example was a case of deliberate monopoly orchestrated by obj and schemed out his main rival ibeto.

Innoson is going places and enjoying higher patronage far and wide. Ponder on that smiley

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
So, SW as a group leads in sanitation and accessibility of portable water. But Imo Abia and Anambra leads all the SW states in those criteria, the combined SE result only fell because of Ebonyi. https://www.nairaland.com/2263635/south-east-south-west-south-south-lead-attainment

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by belzabull(f): 8:02pm On Jul 01, 2015
totit:

Mtcheew
grin

Keep hating while innoson continue to smile to the bank.

GTB must vomit the N50billion court slam on them cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by totit: 8:06pm On Jul 01, 2015
belzabull:
Keep hating while innoson continue to smile to the bank.

GTB must vomit the N5billion court slam on them cheesy

Tell me, just one reason why I should hate on him while my tribe is doing fine?
Look up again, the stats and poverty rate

Mind you wink

Here's a link of yoruba made cars since 2008 who are not chest beating

http://www.proforcedefence.com
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by totit: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
scholes0:
[size=13pt]United Nations' Multi Dimensional Poverty Index[/size]

The United Nations' Global Multi-Dimensional Poverty Index has three dimensions and 10 indicators in estimating Overall Poverty. Each dimension is equally weighted, each indicator within a dimension is also equally weighted, and added. It uses 10 indicators to measure poverty in three dimensions: Education, Health and Living standards. This report was Published in June 2015, and is based on data collected on years between 2004 and 2014.
According to the MPI Report, as at 2010, 46% of Nigerians lived below the national poverty line (Only 28% in Urban areas, and near 70% in The rural). Although a Report by the World bank, released in 2014, showed that only 33% of Nigerians could be considered Poor.

Now, to the Report........
States by Incidence of Poverty

[size=15pt] STATES<-->POVERTY RATE
1. Lagos --------- 8.5%
2. Osun --------- 10.9%
3. Anambra --------- 11.2%
4. Ekiti --------- 12.9%
5. Edo --------- 19.2%
6. Imo --------- 19.8%
7. Abia --------- 21.0%
8. Rivers --------- 21.1%
*. FCT (Abj) --------- 23.5%
9. Kwara --------- 23.7%
10. Akwa Ibom --------- 23.8%
11. Delta --------- 25.1%
12. Ogun --------- 26.1%
13. Kogi --------- 26.4%
14. Ondo --------- 27.9%
15. Enugu --------- 28.8%
16. Bayelsa --------- 29.0%
17. Oyo --------- 29.4%
18. Cross River --------- 33.1%
-------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg --------- 46.0%
-------------------------------------------------------
19. Plateau --------- 51.6%
20. Nassarawa --------- 52.4%
21. Ebonyi --------- 56.0%
22. Kaduna --------- 56.5%
23. Adamawa --------- 59.0%
24. Benue --------- 59.2%
25. Niger --------- 61.2%
26. Borno --------- 70.1%
27. Kano --------- 76.4%
28. Gombe --------- 76.9%
29. Taraba --------- 77.7%
30. Katsina --------- 82.2%
31. Sokoto --------- 85.3%
32. Kebbi --------- 86.0%
33. Bauchi --------- 86.6%
34. Jigawa --------- 88.4%
35. Yobe --------- 90.2%
36. Zamfara --------- 91.9%[/size]

REGIONAL AVERAGES
1 = South West - 19.3% Poverty (+ Average)
2 = South South - 25.2% Poverty (+ Average)
3 = South East - 27.36% Poverty (+ Average)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
** National Avg 46.0%% Poverty
----------------------------------------------------------------------

4 = North Central - 45.7% Poverty (+Average)
5 = North East - 76.8% Poverty (- Average)
6 = North West- 80.9% Poverty (- Average) Damn!! shocked

Sources
The Global Multidimensional Poverty Index by the U.N
http://www.dataforall.org/dashboard/ophi/index.php/
Click on Nigeria, and then "Nigeria country briefing, from the dropdown menu".
http://www.ophi.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Multidimensional-Poverty-Index-2015-2-March-2015.pdf?0a8fd7&13666f

cheesy cool

Proud of oodua nation, proud of SW grin

I ain't hating, just celebrating this little baby cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by porka: 8:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
[size=14pt]Osun is the poorest state in Nigeria today 1st July, 2015.

Methodology: The number of beggars on the highway increased astronomically from Jan 2015 than in any other state in Nigeria.[/size]
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
The rest of their criteria are neither here nor there.
The only reason Osun and SW will be ahead of SE in the Oxford university poverty rate measurement is if they used SW and Osun bogus and cooked up GDP figures, which I suspect is likely the scenario here.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide / Dele Sobowale Apologises To Goodluck Jonathan. GEJ Reacts / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.