Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (102669 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 6:13am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

Pensioners don't need "gifts", they need their pensions.

Buhahahaha. See as you murder that dumbo. They have been spreading lot of lies on nairaland, shameless chest beaters. Good job bro.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by after1: 6:30am On Jul 02, 2015
[s]
pazienza:
The rest of their criteria are neither here nor there.
The only reason Osun and SW will be ahead of SE in the Oxford university poverty rate measurement is if they used SW and Osun bogus and cooked up GDP figures, which I suspect is likely the scenario here.
[/s]

Continue crying everywhere. You deluded yeebhoes are shameless being. You post trash without evidence and want everyone to just accept it. Go and die if you dont like the report instead of crying. Lmaoooo
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:33am On Jul 02, 2015
Armaggedon:
Osun?...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...chokes
yes osun , check it very well

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:38am On Jul 02, 2015
YonkijiSappo:
lol... my state is near the Bottom "covers eyes in shame" angrysad
sorry jare

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:41am On Jul 02, 2015
Yujin:
This report does not add up. There's no how Osun could have been above Anambra even on cumulative basis. Anambra has always been ahead in all the SE states. A visit to Anambra will convince any one who is in doubt. Osun is not known for anything spectacular. Not for agriculture, not for commerce and not for mineral explorations so how comes its occupying the second position? Its simply not adding up. Only the caliber of buildings in Anambra alone will convince any doubting Thomas that the people of this state are not hungry.
this guy dey vex sha, hmmmmm
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:43am On Jul 02, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Dude you don't need to worry yourself, remember the thread of how Osun economy is bigger than the entire East combine and how Aregboshola was making £330Billion per hour selling unripe plantain and bitter kola.

Most of these guys jumping up n down have not been to anywhere, I have been to Ogun, I have been to Ekiti, I don't want to sound somehow but ignorance is addictive.

This is the type of thread that always give Aregbosola the audacity to be wayward with the lives of his subjects.

Go on, Osun is richer than the entire Eastern, even Ekiti is in the ladder there.

To ever imagine tha Osun n Ekiti have better poverty rate than Abia is enough to send those that did the research to be sent to ISIS for proper beheading

Kontonuo
hhahahhahahhaha! brother u just gave the guy what hr has being looking for , thats just it jare
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:46am On Jul 02, 2015
kennosklint:
Edo state shuld b on no.1 position.

ur point of view
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:47am On Jul 02, 2015
dammieco:

I laugh! U didn't take it serious in d first place, u don't need to lie. (UNTIL I SAW OSUN ON THE SECOND SPOT)...how long did it take u to see Osun on d second spot?
u can even figure it out the way osun people reply them
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:49am On Jul 02, 2015
Segadem:
Mr man these statistics were compiled by united nation's multi dimensional poverty index, it is only in nairaland that Anambra can edge any south west states not in infrastructure, exposure, GDP etc.
anoda bullet just hit d guy now
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 6:52am On Jul 02, 2015
no2fuks:
big lie. nigeria is one of the poorest places in the world.

forget this link I checked it myself and google says the site is hacked. this is not united nations oh. investigate the link that op posted and see if you can get through.

70% of nigerians live below the poverty rate not 40% that shows that you cant relie on the information posted.
so cos ur state dey relagation now , it means nigeria poor?

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by mamajaz(f): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:
Why is that guy laughing at Osun?
Some people don't know the difference between a cash strapped government, and a Poor people. ...
Moreover, the Problem with Osun, started when the FG drastically reduced their Federal allocation, to levels not commensurate/Proportional to the state's population.
Again, the data was cumulative between the years 2004-2014... Osun's recent problems with paying Salaries is just a blink, within the time frame of this report.

BTW:
Since i was pretty much sure that everyone was going to be complaining about Why their state is not number 1, or why so so and so state should be in the number 6 Position, while their was ranked in 9th ....
Please take your time to read the Parameters of the Report., which includes several factors like Educational attainment levels, Standards of Living, Etc.... This isn't just a purely monetary mode of measuring Poverty.
Thank you brotherly me, I live in Osun, another interesting thing about them is 'self reliance', you can hardly see a compound without gardens for mini items to combat hunger like veggies, plantain, maize banana, cassava and the likes. I also think their love for business pay off at these trying times.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by scholes0(m): 6:57am On Jul 02, 2015
Lincoln275:

Lmao @ Relegation.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Lincoln275(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2015
shegsky:
Am proud to be an EKITIKETE .
We Rule
guy congrat ooooo, at last u qualify for champions league without play off
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by YonkijiSappo: 7:58am On Jul 02, 2015
Lincoln275:

sorry jare

lol, no problem man. smiley
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Drabrah(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

Osun's problems are like 5-6-7 months old..... And is likely temporary as well.
This report covers a much longer period.
Even @dat.
Is it only Osun dat has d problem?
Is it not a national Issue?
If it's bn dat highly placed then it shudn't av bn this badly hit.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Drabrah(m): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2015
superstar1:

This is a United Nation's report and not under the mango tree make-me-happy, tales by moonlight fallacies you always tell yourselves.

So?
where do dey get data from?
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2015
Drabrah:

Even @dat.
Is it only Osun dat has d problem?
Is it not a national Issue?
If it's bn dat highly placed then it shudn't av bn this badly hit.

It is not as bad as the media is projecting it. There is no civil servant without another means of livelihood in that state.

How many people died of hunger? The publicised 2 cases of death were pensioners of over 60years and the media, PDP, the populace and NLC/TUC used that as propaganda tool.

The media noise is about serving APC their own dose of media war and propaganda. This is a game towards 2018 election.

Imagine what APC reaction and noise would have been, if Osun State was under PDP govt? The propaganda would have been worse than this. No party can match APC's propaganda machine yet.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Drabrah:

So?
where do dey get data from?

They would have done field research.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Wallie:
In a typical Nigerian fashion, people are not even bothered to look at the factors used to determine the ranking! Here are the factors:

Years of schooling
School attendance
Child Mortality
Nutrition
Electricity
Sanitation
Drinking water
Flooring
Cooking fuel
Asset ownership

Anambra lost the second spot due to years of schooling and school attendance.

Anambra beat Osun and all SW states in schooling attendance and all other criteria used by the researchers, sans child mortality. Go through my initial posts on this thread.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2015
[b] GOAL 2: ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL PRIMARY
EDUCATION
Target 2A: Ensure that, by 2015, children
everywhere, boys and girls alike, will be
able to complete a full course of primary
schooling.
Indicator 2.1: Net enrolment in primary
education.
In 2014, The states with very high
attendance ratios included Anambra (94%)
, Delta (92.80), Imo (90.7), Lagos (92),
Ondo (92.4), Osun (91.6), Edo (91.0), Ekiti
(93.6) and FTC (94.1) while the least were
Bauchi (29.9), Sokoto (24.80), Yobe
(23.7), Zamfara (37.80).
At the national level, the net attendance
ratio was 61% in 2008 and it increased to
71% in 2012. In 2014, there was a
shortfall of 2.3% and the net attendance
for 2014 thus dropped to 68.7%. When
classified by sectors, net attendance in
the urban (84.3%) was much higher than
in the rural areas (62.2%). Across the
geopolitical zones, it was very
encouraging in the South East (90.5%),
South South (88.1%), South West (87%)
and North Central (80.2%). But in the
North West (50.5%) and particularly North
East (42.5%) net attendance was not
impressive.
Although 100% attendance is expected,
the result shows that Nigeria is on track.
Indicator 2.2: Primay Six Completion Rate
Nationally completion rate according to
fig. 2.2 in 2004 was 82%. It increased to
87.7% in 2012 and dropped to 74.0 in
2014. Within the 2014, the completion
rate was higher in the urban (84.4%)
when compared with the rural (69.7). In
the zones, completion rate was highest in
South East (98.7%) zone, followed by
South West (94.1%). Primary six
completion rate was poorest in the North
East (49.5%) zone. Nigeria is also on
track. [/b]

Incase you missed it, here is the stats again, Osun is no match for Imo or Anambra in any aspect of human development.

1 Like

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2015
pazienza:
[b] GOAL 2: ACHIEVE UNIVERSAL PRIMARY
EDUCATION
Target 2A: Ensure that, by 2015, children
everywhere, boys and girls alike, will be
able to complete a full course of primary
schooling.
Indicator 2.1: Net enrolment in primary
education.
In 2014, The states with very high
attendance ratios included Anambra (94%)
, Delta (92.80), Imo (90.7), Lagos (92),
Ondo (92.4), Osun (91.6), Edo (91.0), Ekiti
(93.6) and FTC (94.1) while the least were
Bauchi (29.9), Sokoto (24.80), Yobe
(23.7), Zamfara (37.80).
At the national level, the net attendance
ratio was 61% in 2008 and it increased to
71% in 2012. In 2014, there was a
shortfall of 2.3% and the net attendance
for 2014 thus dropped to 68.7%. When
classified by sectors, net attendance in
the urban (84.3%) was much higher than
in the rural areas (62.2%). Across the
geopolitical zones, it was very
encouraging in the South East (90.5%),
South South (88.1%), South West (87%)
and North Central (80.2%). But in the
North West (50.5%) and particularly North
East (42.5%) net attendance was not
impressive.
Although 100% attendance is expected,
the result shows that Nigeria is on track.
Indicator 2.2: Primay Six Completion Rate
Nationally completion rate according to
fig. 2.2 in 2004 was 82%. It increased to
87.7% in 2012 and dropped to 74.0 in
2014. Within the 2014, the completion
rate was higher in the urban (84.4%)
when compared with the rural (69.7). In
the zones, completion rate was highest in
South East (98.7%) zone, followed by
South West (94.1%). Primary six
completion rate was poorest in the North
East (49.5%) zone. Nigeria is also on
track. [/b]

Incase you missed it, here is the stats again, Osun is no match for Imo or Anambra in any aspect of human development.

Cry us the Lagoon, UNDP's report based on Oxford University's research is what we chose to believe.

If you are aggrieved with the report, jump inside the same lagoon.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by pazienza(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2015
after1:
[s][/s]

Continue crying everywhere. You deluded yeebhoes are shameless being. You post trash without evidence and want everyone to just accept it. Go and die if you dont like the report instead of crying. Lmaoooo

Lol! I have not even started and this one is already having tremor at rest. Wait till I am through, your temor can only get worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2015
y am I not surprised

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by onlykach: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2015
No comment but information given is very conflicting
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by no2fuks(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2015
Lincoln275:

lol but 4real this stats is unreliable
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by dammieco(m): 9:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Lincoln275:

u can even figure it out the way osun people reply them
It wasn't osun people that did d analysis. People of Osun reacted to it because of their current predicament.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Drabrah(m): 10:38am On Jul 02, 2015
Super1Star:

They would have done field research.
Dunno, buh sincerely do not think so. Rather they'll use vital statistics which, of course, is made frm d state agencies som of which ll jst sit down in an office & enter anything they want.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Super1Star: 11:11am On Jul 02, 2015
Drabrah:

Dunno, buh sincerely do not think so. Rather they'll use vital statistics which, of course, is made frm d state agencies som of which ll jst sit down in an office & enter anything they want.

That can be done with MDG report, not a University based research. Most especially when it is coming from reputable University like Oxford.

The MDG reports are usually filed by the state officers to the MDG headquarters in Abuja, for onward transmission to the relevant UN Agencies. This is much easier to manipulate, because all the state officers will want to give a good report, thereby dumping the reality.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Chigold101(m): 12:24pm On Jul 02, 2015
Emekamex:
Food is done for tribal bigots.
Mumu... On the Move
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by Emekamex(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2015
Chigold101:
Mumu... On the Move
faggo.t on the run
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by IBBG(m): 1:56pm On Jul 02, 2015
otr1:

Bad road in Osun? Are you ok? The same Osun where tarred roads pass through every street, even in remote villages? You need help!
haahahahaha. Osun dat I spent one full year there and also moving around their major towns like Osogbo, Ife, Ilesa, Ede, and even gbogun. Guy Osun no follow at all. Their roads na apology.
Re: Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates by winniz: 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Once I saw Osun state as second I knew this fake list was compiled by a Yoruba man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Buhari’s 2019 Ministers And Their Portfolios (Full List) / The Moment Bianca Ojukwu Slapped Osodieme Obiano (Video) / APC Matters In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.