Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,029 members, 7,845,342 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) (72457 Views)

Salary And Allowances Of NASS Members Revealed At Last - Vanguard / APC Insists On Its Original List Of NASS Leaders / Cartoon Of NASS And Wardrobe Allowance By Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by mindtricks: 5:34am On Jul 02, 2015
Otunbatrafford:
This man is just too hypocritical. He promised to donate his wardrobe allowance to unpaid government workers in Osun, they should ask him what effort is he making to salvage the life of his employee by name Meka Akerejola of Rythm FM Abuja who is currently on a sick bed due to Kidney failure? At least there is a popular adage that says '' charity begins at home ''

Dig deep to find out what he really wants to achieve. Not enough to conclude in a hurry. Just trying to make common sense.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 5:35am On Jul 02, 2015
handsomeclouds:
I just pray he won't be kidnapped. All his efizzy will just end after paying the ransom with silverbird's annual profit.

undecided undecided You made no sense sorry.

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by waistaa(f): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2015
Precious91:
hmm.I hope he still sends his wardrobe allowance to workers in Osun.I don't think 2 months salary is enough.Not abusing Osun workers.Am just watching out for the integrity of his words.
. Send ko send ni,so he doesn't have bayelsa citizens to give,no claim guy man joor

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by moshould(m): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Reducing cost of fuel,pollution and making common sense..

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by abbeyty(m): 6:45am On Jul 02, 2015
How he dey take charge am..what of if the car stop in the middle of the road when it runs out of power or there is charging points across the for country for elecric cars with satable power supply?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Emmayur(m): 7:00am On Jul 02, 2015
Koroaso:
*******ELECTRIC AND PETROL WHICH IS EASIER TO GET IN NIGERIA??**********

********MURRAY BRUCE NEEDS A REALITY CHECK STAT**********

The car also uses solar energy and can travel 8hours when fully charged. "The question should be, between Solar energy and Petrol which is easier to get in Nigeria".

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Emmayur(m): 7:03am On Jul 02, 2015
abbeyty:
How he dey take charge am..what of if the car stop in the middle of the road when it runs out of power or there is charging points across the for country for elecric cars with satable power supply?

It uses sunlight .

2 Likes

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by abbeyty(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2015
Emmayur:

It uses sunlight .

Ok then
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by gates123: 7:12am On Jul 02, 2015
brainpower:
These cars aren't really that expensive, I wish the car companies that make electric cars should advertise more in Nigeria. We need more cars like this, it saves cost and helps the environment. But Nigerians will always prefer Lexus 570 to prove you are a big boy. It is well. Hope he achieves what he told us about the cars.
What did he say about them cars?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 02, 2015
Koroaso:
*******ELECTRIC AND PETROL WHICH IS EASIER TO GET IN NIGERIA??**********

********MURRAY BRUCE NEEDS A REALITY CHECK STAT**********
Electricity? Sun dey...think!

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Precious91(m): 7:23am On Jul 02, 2015
waistaa:
. Send ko send ni,so he doesn't have bayelsa citizens to give,no claim guy man joor
lol.I was thinking he intends behaving like those trekkers ni by keeping his word.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2015
justi4jesu:

undecided undecided You made no sense sorry.
its beyond your comprehension dumbo
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 7:29am On Jul 02, 2015
country wey nor get constant power supply for an hair dresser, barber, or welder to do a day's job without the use of Generator na somebody dey Drive a whole electric car. Politicians deceiving themselves since the days of Noah

1 Like

Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by justi4jesu(f): 7:31am On Jul 02, 2015
handsomeclouds:
its beyond your comprehension dumbo

Talk to the hand
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 02, 2015
justi4jesu:

Talk to the hand
you really have issues, I guess you seek divine intervention.... Its so obvious you have a diminutive self-esteem. I don't join issues with jockies. Case closed!
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by waistaa(f): 7:45am On Jul 02, 2015
Precious91:

lol.I was thinking he intends behaving like those trekkers ni by keeping his word.
ok o
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by wirinet(m): 7:48am On Jul 02, 2015
brainpower:
These cars aren't really that expensive, I wish the car companies that make electric cars should advertise more in Nigeria. We need more cars like this, it saves cost and helps the environment. But Nigerians will always prefer Lexus 570 to prove you are a big boy. It is well. Hope he achieves what he told us about the cars.

I am sure you do not know what you are talking about, Solar cars are forking expensive. Solar anything is expensive, especially the initial cost. Even in advanced nations only the super rich can afford solar cars.

Having said that, from the photo of the car, i doubt this car is a solar car. Where are the solar panels? I suspect it is an electric car.

Why do we have to rely on foreign car companies to make and advertise electric cars for us? Why can our universities and polytechnics build it? It is a shame that the blackman always have to depend on the white man to solve his problem? I am ashamed when i go to tertiary institutions in Nigeria and i see the main mode of transportation is kekes (tricycle), Okadas and taxis. Converting a keke to electric is a fairly simple process that any reputable mechanical and electrical engineering faculty can easily build.

This is a project i would have love to embark on if i was younger and still in school, as battery and DC motor technology has greatly improved.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by popcykaylah(m): 8:17am On Jul 02, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
lol.......a normal not neccesary rich Nigerian can afford an hybrid car
lol..a brand new kia Rio is sold for 4.3m ...how much will the hybrid be sold?can you afford that?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 02, 2015
... BenTen

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by sanyajava: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
talkative
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by seangy4konji: 8:46am On Jul 02, 2015
How we go know say na electric car

U mumu nor be small.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by DeMekus: 9:08am On Jul 02, 2015
This car doesn't run on fuel or what?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by brainpower(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2015
wirinet:

I am sure you do not know what you are talking about, Solar cars are forking expensive. Solar anything is expensive, especially the initial cost. Even in advanced nations only the super rich can afford solar cars.

Having said that, from the photo of the car, i doubt this car is a solar car. Where are the solar panels? I suspect it is an electric car.

Why do we have to rely on foreign car companies to make and advertise electric cars for us? Why can our universities and polytechnics build it? It is a shame that the blackman always have to depend on the white man to solve his problem? I am ashamed when i go to tertiary institutions in Nigeria and i see the main mode of transportation is kekes (tricycle), Okadas and taxis. Converting a keke to electric is a fairly simple process that any reputable mechanical and electrical engineering faculty can easily build.

This is a project i would have love to embark on if i was younger and still in school, as battery and DC motor technology has greatly improved.

Try and understand me. You don't have to criticize everything. He promised to get a grant of 100million dollars from FG through the senate so as to help youths to be able to produce batteries. These cars aren't that expensive over there it's the shipping and and maintenance over here that's the problem.
It is obvious that electric and solar cars are better for day to day movement for private users. I said electric and solar are like each other doesn't there's no difference. And why didn't you say anything about my point on the environment? We know it is difficult to achieve but so is everything good.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by brainpower(m): 9:12am On Jul 02, 2015
gates123:

What did he say about them cars?

He talked about getting a grant of about 100million dollars from the FG through senate to help youths to manufacture batteries and solar panels that can help build these cars in this country.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by leftone: 9:41am On Jul 02, 2015
brainpower:

You are right.
but you al,so need to note the lexus 570 will last longer than the kia.
if you lived in lagos for example,you would rather drive an SUV than a Kia.
you would prefer a toyota self.

secondly,the KIa cost Base MSRP: $34500.
convert that to naira and see how many used cars you would have gotten.

The car is good but how many people can afford to buy and maintain it in this part of the world?
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by free13: 9:53am On Jul 02, 2015
mistabiola:

It sounds strange to you. Padi mi labule cheesy cheesy

grin cheesy
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by fF01(m): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2015
MNDY:

And you like the price at which you are buying the petrol?
we get choice
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by omodapson(m): 10:24am On Jul 02, 2015
brainpower:

Where we go see electricity charge the car? Do you know the rate of electricity consumption? The car is not expensive but do you know ONE can get you 3 good tokunbo cars?
Our dear country is not yet ripe for electric cars.
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by mosesadeotan: 12:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
lalasticlala:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CovattiMazi/status/615570957646884865
well, we need massive importation better still manufacrueing of this model car in Naija. and it shld be @ lower price so that majority can afford it. it's will indeed be a right step in the right direction.. peace!
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by sweatlana: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
Electric car.

I love this man.

Pls contest for president!
Re: Ben Murray-bruce Driving His Electric Car Out Of NASS (photo) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 02, 2015
popcykaylah:

lol..a brand new kia Rio is sold for 4.3m ...how much will the hybrid be sold?can you afford that?
A toyota hybrid 2007 is nt up to 2m a lecturer in a University lecturer can buy dat........a honda civic hybrid 2004 is not up to 1.5m a teacher cn buy it so......u cn c

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Disobeys Court Order,Appears In The Presence Of More Than 10 People / Tinubu's Service Chiefs And Their State Of Origin (Picture) / Throwback Photo Of Tinubu Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.