Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect (35708 Views)

Magu: AGF Malami Should Be Sacked For Insubordination To Osinbajo - Sagay / Enugu And Anambra State Governor Should Construct Rail Way From Onitsha To Enugu / List Of Ministers Likely To Be Sacked By Buhari ‘soon’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Otunbatrafford: 8:22am On Jul 03, 2015
I don't blame Emefiele for the continous dwindling of our naira against other currencies. I blame Jonathan for the economic malady current facing us. How on earth would you appoint a non-economist to head a important institution like CBN? does he understand the working of macroeconomics or how to demystify simple econometrics not to talk of making precision on economic forecast. Jonathan played politics with everything appointments before he exited from office.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Melahou(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2015
he must go or else....
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by CEObloom2(m): 8:25am On Jul 03, 2015
papaejima1:
ok
Better to be slow aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ get to where you are going than runing aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ miss your way like the last dispensation did....
Afterall the end justify the means!
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Ahmeduana(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2015
freshdude99:
Just imagine wat a southerner or better still a southeastner is saying

So the moment he's sacked and replaced by another northner u will have a big sigh of relief Shey?
I have always said it that we southerners are the architect of our own problems in Nigeria.
The same cbn SLS uselessed wen he was on board that emiefele is trying very hard to build.
Check other countries that have oil as their main stay and see by how per cent their currency has lost value. Check Russia and Angola just to mention a few!
Am disappointed at this ur write up bro
THAT IS THE SAME LOGIC THEY APPLY TO JONATHAN THAT IMMEDIATELY THEY CAN GET JONATHAN OUT OF THE WAY ALL THE PROBLEMS OF OLIGARCHS WILL BE SOLVE, HOW WILL THEY EXPECT NAIRA TO BE STRONG WHEN ALL WE EXPORT IS ONE SINGLE COMMODITY, NIGERIA IS NOT IS MANUFACTURING HOB, IS EVEN FUNNY WHEN SOME EVIL SABOTUERS IMPORTS THE SAME PRODUCT THAT NIGERIA IS ALSO PRODUCING!e.g noodles, tooth picks, matches, bottled waters, cements, engine oils, vegetable oils, toothpastes, tomatoes pastes, RICE, FROZEN CHICKENS, plastics products, juices, textiles. I CAN GO ON NAMING, THE MORE WE BENT ON IMPORTING THESE COMMODITIES, WE SHOULD BE REST ASSURED THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE IN PERPETUAL ECONOMIC SLAVERY TO THE WEST AND TO THE EAST, BUT THE BEREMX aka JACKBAURES, NGENEwhat what she call herself, passingshot obiageli and their types will not SEE THE LOGIC BEHIND THE BANNING ALL THESE "not so much essential products".

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Reference(m): 8:29am On Jul 03, 2015
dragon2:
It seems as though many have short memories. Many people say the previous Administration did not manage the oil boom properly,that is a flat out lie. We seem to forget quickly how Madam O.Iweala constantly fought the senate and house to keep the benchmark price of fuel in the budget low during the good days,while the senate and house kept demanding higher benchmarks. They fought her to a standstill over ECA and low budget crude benchmarks.

www.xclusivenigeria.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2220-by-abdullahi-m-seidu-falling-oil-prices-the-raining-day-is-here

www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/budget-sanusi-okonjo-iweala-insists-on-75-per-barrel-oil-price-benchmark/

Many seem to also forget that after warring against the House of Assembly over the ECA the Governors came in warring her over consumption of money saved in the ECA. Every step of the way interested parties wanted to eat the money she was trying to save for the country.

www.pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/the-rumoured-5-billion-eca-withdrawal-and-selective-amnesia-by-sylvester-okoro/

For the confused ECA means excess crude account. This the account for the boom days in crude oil prices.Notice: EXCESS.

If we have no money today blame the Governors and the HOR.

But they still share the bulk of the blame. It was their responsibility to diversify the economy or in boom times reduce dependency on big oil by deliberate dis-investment. Even the ND militants were saying no more drugs for you but the junkie state insisted on having its oily fix. Look, to me. These periods (of lack) are legacy times that any visionary leader would exploit to turn this country around permanently. It is time we took our destiny of oil, commodities and natural resources which we donot control in favour of enterprises founded on effort, skill and risk. We are a very lazy nation that is why we will always have these cyclical boom busts.

Poverty is not a lack of opportunity but a misuse of opportunity when opportunity doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by CEObloom2(m): 8:31am On Jul 03, 2015
omolami:
Another NORTHERN campaign against the ibos in order to put a northerner in the post. Very soon Buhari will listen without hesitation. Pure northern agenda.period.

Don't be bias, the guy Ȋ̝̊̅§ not good for the position..notherner or not we need good CBN gov

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Reference(m): 8:33am On Jul 03, 2015
Otunbatrafford:
I don't blame Emefiele for the continous dwindling of our naira against other currencies. I blame Jonathan for the economic malady current facing us. How on earth would you appoint a non-economist to head a important institution like CBN? does he understand the working of macroeconomics or how to demystify simple econometrics not to talk of making precision on economic forecast. Jonathan played politics with everything appointments before he exited from office.

So where does he get the FX to sell to all those importers every week. Please answer.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by trillville(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2015
kaboninc:

You haf come argain!

Buhari's policy ko, Tinubu's policy ni!

Most of you don't know the dynamics of the Nigerian FX market. Godwin is trying to ensure that there is a genuine use of FX in the country. He's trying to ensure that demand for dollar helps to meet legitimate need. He trying to ensure that the local tender remains the NAIRA! How can we be importing took pick? Why do we have to import rice?

Use of FX can lead to misuse and that's a very bad thing for us. Why don't we support our local industry? The ports are porous and the customs guys are corrupt. So why not pursue the trail?

I laugh when people use the black market price as an accurate gauge of the exchange rate. What's the volume of transactions compared to transactions routed through the interbank window? The same black market some Hausas use in hoarding the dollar?

People, get informed.

And you trillvile sir, this is not Buhari's policy. It is a carry over from Jonathan's administration into Buhari's. And if Mr. Jonathan had won, if there's a need, the policy will be implemented.

Kaboninc my man, what you do not understand is that nigeria is in deep Shiit because of ex president Jonathan. The damage has already been done by Goodluck.

Do you start studying for an examination in the middle of the exam. We are already in a currency crisis. This crisis will continue until global supply of crude oil diminishes or global demand for crude oil grows. The earliest foreseeable date as at now is 2019. This is how long this crisis may continue for.

How low will the Naira go? 300 Naira per dollar, 400 Naira per dollar? no one knows.

Godwin and Buhari are grasping at straws trying to save the Naira, Are they going to succeed? Nobody knows. The unintended consequences of Buharinomics such as hoarding of foodstuff by sellers may occur again.

Nigeria is in trouble, the type of trouble it hasn't faced in 30 years, trouble as a result of poor the leadership of Goodluck Jonathan.

If our refineries are truly fixed and we can produce about half of our local demand for petrol, this may help to stabilise the Naira.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Visocrate(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2015
papaejima1:
ok
make I chine my tit grin
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by ndat(m): 8:44am On Jul 03, 2015
calebo101:
Even slave wen dey collect 700 naira a day from APC propaganda room dey call himself economist. Useless illiterate that doesn't know the fall of naira can be attributed to the fall of oil prices worldwide which is our mainstay undecided.

Go school e nor gree go. E say e be economist cheesy cheesy. Illiterate president, illiterate supporters. We don finish for Nigeria cha.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Coolcash1: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2015
I have written similar write up three days ago and didn't make headline. It shows how bias the moderators are.

However, I have pasted the link for readers benefits

https://www.nairaland.com/2418586/call-sack-cbn-governor

I have watched and patiently studied various policy made under the leadership of the CBN governor (Godwin Emeifele) and how it has impacted on the economy. I have observed policy inconsistency an indication of poor thought-through process followed and how clueless the governor is. The climax of it was fatuous statement he made on his first international appearance, asking the elected president then to divest government's equity interest in the JVs with IOCs and Independents to improve government liquidity. Perhaps, his lack of economics background is playing out here. CBN might be a regulator of banks but it goes beyond having a banker head the institution without a sound and robust knowledge of the workings, interplay and complexity of economic variables impacting the fiscal and monetary landscape.

During the electioneering campaign when politicians almost dollarised the economy, Emefiele, felt the best approach to avert continuous depreciation of naira was to ban payment of dollar to local vendor across industry, peg the amount of dollar to be spent in a year on foreign purchase by individuals to US$50,000 and adopt technical devaluation of naira. He failed to realize that due to peculiarity of some industry, local contractors/suppliers require dollar payment in order to remain in business as most of their equipment and materials are sourced internationally. This is the case in the oil and gas sector.

After several complains by players in the industry, Emefiele bowed to their pressure and reverse his decision vide CBN circulars in MAy and June by asking banks to exempt oil and gas company and oil servicing company from the policy. This really shows lack of in-depth analysis carried out before coming up with the policy.

Again, CBN seems yet to figure out how to prevent continuous fall of naira against dollar. It appears the only monetary tool, emefiele knows is devaluation. As I write, CBN has further devalued the naira as a further remediation strategy to mitigate foreign exchange risk. I do not support this. This action will further erode the purchasing power of Nigerians and make basic necessities of life out of their reach.

Whilst I do not have any personal vendetta against the man, I am of the opinion that we need a focused, intellectually sound, and competent person as head of the government's bank in order to design and develop efficient monetary tools and policy that will revamp our ailing economy.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Reference(m): 8:45am On Jul 03, 2015
grandstar:

eave NgeneUkwenu ane

She is crrect

Most people only quote the ugly "side" of free trade or trade liberalization but not the good side.

Protectionism makes you poor. Countries do not grow rich by producing things. Rather they grow rich by focusing resources on where they have on comparative advantage.

And again imports are good for you.

Rice and wheat imports provides livelihood for millions of Nigerian.

The import duty they paid runs int tens of billions.

Let us be practical here oh wise one. Where or in what does Nigeria have a comparative advantage. And please don't tell me oil and gas...
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by trillville(m): 8:50am On Jul 03, 2015
dumodust:

I understand that the limitations are painful but any sensible government will do all that is in it's power and start early to impose sanctions when it foresees calamity because they will still get blamed in the end anyway. Our recent strains started with the fall in oil price and is being worsened by the fact that we are a country of importation.
If you think we're suffering, study the current situation in greece where you can withdraw beyond a certain limit from the bank due to austerity measures... and you then ask yourself whether we should be allowed to drift to that point because we want financial freedom. A stitch in time they say, saves nine.
I know the politicians are carting away money but the cbn must do what it must regardless of what the international plunderers want... china called them bluff and look at where they are...
just my 2cents, I dont know all

It did not start with the fall in oil prices, it started with our failure to save money when oil was over 100 dollars per barrel. The effects of this situation could have been drastically reduced if we had a sensible government in place in the last 5 years.

D clothe don already tear finish, na cold wey dey catch you, naim you dey feel now.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by DeMekus: 8:52am On Jul 03, 2015
imhotep:

Because he is not from the 1mbecilic North
That biitch and Berem are not Igbos. Don't let them deceive u
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 03, 2015
DeMekus:

That biitch and Berem are not Igbos. Don't let them deceive u
Yes I know.
Igbo matter will make them fall sick very soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by DeMekus: 9:03am On Jul 03, 2015
Nnemuka:

Sacked for what exactly? Abeg try to dey hide your stupidity small abeg. Dont go around the forum showing that you lack proper understanding of how the economy works. Olodo
grin grin grin
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by joseph1832(m): 9:09am On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:
So Jonathan has been President since 1960? Bros you guys are too economical with the truth. Leadership failure pre-Jonathan set the foundation
No doubt, but Jonathan made things worse. Nigeria have had its fair share of very bad and selfish leaders. What Nigeria never bargained for was a clueless leader like Jonathan. And his cluelessness caused more harm than what we all bargained for.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by trillville(m): 9:11am On Jul 03, 2015
barcanista:
So Jonathan has been President since 1960? Bros you guys are too economical with the truth. Leadership failure pre-Jonathan set the foundation

I will not claim to know every reason for why nigeria is the way it is today.
What I can say is that Obasanjo put nigeria in a good economic position for long term growth.

Yaradua faced strong economic headwinds and he faced it squarely and we came out with bright economic prospects as a result of his efforts.

Goodluck had a great economic foundation laid out for him to improve upon, but what did he do? He said he is not a lion so he can not tell people what to do. He said if you place yam in front of a goat, the goat must eat the yam. Rather than increase our savings, he squandered our money, rather than stopping oil theft, he turned a blind eye, rather than building new refineries and repairing the old ones, he said government has no business in business so he left them fallow to waste. What else do you want me to say? SURE-P?

PS
True confession, I admire the man Goodluck is. Any Nigerian man that can stay married to a woman who can not give birth to children and decides to adopt children is a good man. I have nothing personal against him. But the fact remains that he is one of the worst presidents nigeria has ever had.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 03, 2015
... kai where dis country dey go sef

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by belzabull(f): 9:35am On Jul 03, 2015
1stola:

Shut da fùck up tripe

Would you rather prefer a numbskull igbo over a competent hausa man that will do the job right?
This ibo guy is a bastąrd crook.
Under 3 days of his appointment, he reintroduced back the ATM charge and a dollar now worth N230 from 157 shocked

Sack him immediately! angry
NgeneUkwenu
Does daftness come to you naturally or you you learnt it from your father?

3 Likes

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Stolen: 9:36am On Jul 03, 2015
Beremx:
He must be sacked no doubt! That's for sure.

U are just a retard.

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 03, 2015

1 Like

Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by HzRF(m): 9:41am On Jul 03, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Godwin Emefiele is the most incompetent CBN governor to have occupied that post!
This very man saw to the devaluation and deprectiating of the naira from 157 naira to 230 Naira to a dollar within the space of 1 year!!

This man is a disaster to the economy, I think as long as he remains there as the Governor, Nigerian should forget about the word called Change
Buhari Sack him now!

[size=15pt]The Economists Mocks Godwin Emefiele, The CBN Governor:
[/size]

THE ECONOMIST believes it's weird for Nigeria to place a forex ban on toothpick,sardines and 38 other items.

READ: CBN Stops the Sale of Forex for 40 Items [SEE LIST]

CENTRAL bankers may talk in martial terms of defending currencies against bloodthirsty speculators, but they seldom suffer wounds more grievous than a bruising of their egos. They can, however, cause untold harm to economies, as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) is doing in puffing up its exchange rate.

The naira has been hit hard by a fall in the price of oil, Nigeria’s main export. The official exchange rate has slumped by almost 20% over the past year to about 196 naira per dollar. The black market rate, a more accurate gauge, is close to 230. Instead of allowing the naira to devalue, the central bank is trying to defend it by blocking imports. It has drawn up a list of disfavoured goods, and will not grant foreign exchange to import them.

Godwin Emefiele, the governor of the central bank, said he wants to conserve foreign reserves (which have fallen by about a fifth over the past year and now cover only six months of imports) and stimulate local production. “Nigeria cannot attain its true [potential] by simply importing everything,” he said.

The hit list appears to have been drawn up by someone wandering around a home and a building site and randomly pointing at items. It includes Indian incense, toothpicks and wire rods as well as more obvious luxuries such as private jets (demand for which could be slashed by simply barring government officials from flying in them). It also includes basics such as rice and tinned fish. Nigeria does not produce enough of these things to feed itself, but no matter. The nation must be shielded from foreign sardines.

Economists find the policy baffling. Central banks usually prop up their currencies if they are worried about inflation, or allow them to devalue to depress imports and stimulate exports. Nigeria, by contrast, appears to be set on achieving both an uncompetitive exchange rate and higher inflation. Whereas many investors were impressed by the previous CBN governor, Lamido Sanusi, who was sacked for exposing corruption, they fret about the harm being inflicted by the current one. Some wonder which would be worse for Nigeria: allowing him to serve the remaining four years of his term or undermining the independence of the central bank by sacking him.

Culled from The Economist

Itz only in Nigeria those that can't pass waec economic on dia own turn to economic analyst overnight
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by 989900: 9:42am On Jul 03, 2015
LeOstrich:

[s]You don't seem to understand the big picture.

The West will only buy your crude once you maintain an open market.

Since you foolishly depend on oil for everything, it is thus expected that your biggest buyer will expect you to open up your market for their imports.

Read the long post I replied you with above on the Haitian economic crisis and see how the US deliberately turned that Nation from a self sustainable rice producer to the biggest importer of US rice imports.

The author of the article quoted by OP is against any form of trade restrictions. They want your country to be a dumping ground.

It doesn't matter that most of the rice we consume in Nigeria is from SE Asia and India since the commodity is traded by London brokers who stand a chance to lose hefty commissions and also that chances are that one in two shipments will be handled by western merchant vessels.

The West stands to lose out on this trade restrictions.

The US has laid their demands bare to Buhari that before they can resume buying our crude we must first and foremost return all our foreign reserves to the dollar and stop considering entrying any monetary agreement with BRICs. They have also insisted on guarantee that we maintain the dollar and that we take a juicy IMF loan which will tie us to the dollar for the next 40yrs. Why do you think Buhari is shouting no money when he hasn't even told us what exactly he wants to do with more money and exactly how much he needs to run the country efficiently? Buhari's alarmist call is to prepeare you and your zombie ilk to accept his IMF proposal when he finally sends a proposal to the Senate for approval.

This govt you must first remember was supported into office by Obama who was so desperate to get GEJ out of the way by even loaning Buhari his personal campaign manager and Change Mantra.

Open your eyes and stop believing every useless lie.

The reserves where shared to your respective state governors who complained at one time that there was no need to save during a boom period. I blame GEJ for playing politics with our reserves and still maintaining the wasteful fuel subsidy out of political considerations for his second term.[/s]

Equals: I would rather tuck my 'bland' head, neck deep in sentiments/bigotry and conspiracy theories, even in lieu of superior/substantive facts and figures, while blaming others for my ineptitude.

Basically, all governments do what is best for their countries.

The west made sure you purposely ran down your refineries?

The west made sure you can barely generate 5000-7000 MW roughly about the same a country like Singapore with a population of about 1 million was generating in 1975? Or they came and vandalized your electricity companies installations?

The west also forced or coerced the likes of IBB, Abacha, GEJ, OBJ and co. to looting us dry? Yes, with a gun to their heads. #SMH.

The west also made sure our Ajaokuta steel and e.t.c. would not work?

Or did the west help urge-on our fanatic Islamic brothers in helping Boko Haram grow into the beast it is today, or the kidnappings in the ND that's spread to other parts of the country? Or you have no clue how that affects foreign cash inflow into the economy?

Watch Henry Boyo rip apart the deputy governor of the CBN and another bank executive.

Google or 'Youtube' Henry Boyo a renowned economist talk facts and figures in lieu of your conspiracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWTR9UXtQRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7oLw6LuWqM

Read his articles too . . . all his predictions of what would happen to our economy in 2015 were already predicted by him as far back as 2012/2013 against the falsehood the bankers and the finance ministry sold.

It's really tiring doing this back and forth with people who love living in denial like you.

"Excess liquidity is the cause of high interest rates, high rate of inflation and a weak exchange rate that also gives rise to subsidy component in fuel pricing. So, if you are a sensible person, you will look for the root cause of excess liquidity. And excess liquidity is caused every time the CBN captures the dollar earnings of the country and substitutes Naira. The Naira substituted by the CBN is what instigates excess liquidity within the system. It makes it necessary for government to borrow money it doesn’t need.

And when it wants to mop up the money, it does not take it to go and use it. It is taken and locked up, because the idea is that there is too much money and it cannot be taken out and brought back into the system. The money is taken out of the system and locked up, but the government is still prepared to pay up to 15 percent for money it does not need, when the real sector that really needs the money is crying out for it but is debarred from getting the it."
http://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2015/05/19/okonjo-iweala-a-failure-henry-boyo/
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by bakila: 9:45am On Jul 03, 2015
Starships4u:
Because he's ibo abi?? And must be replaced with hausa fulani bokoharam abi God de watch all of una....
NGOZI HIS PROFESSIONAL BOSS WAS IGBO.
Anyim his administrative Boss was Igbo. You guys did not compliance when they were bankrupting and mismanaging the economy.
The report did not mention his igboness anyway.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by freshdude99(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2015
trillville:

Have you also noted how the currency of oil producing countries appreciated between 2010-2014 when oil prices averaged over 100 dollars per barrel? Why didn't the Naira appreciate during this period? That's the question every smart thinking Nigerian should be asking?
Bro I didn't notice nothing, pls name those countries for me and not only that, tell me if they are solely dependent on just one commodity"oil" or they are partially diversify economy I.e manufacturing. I will be glad to learn If u give me such facts and figures
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by freshdude99(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2015
ayokellany:

I am more disappointed in you. Why must Nigeria always be compared with the failures of the world. I checked countries with oil as their main stay like you suggested and I see Iran Tunisia Kuwait Qatar Suadi Arabia Mexico and many more. Why is it that you PDP supporter derive joy in celebrating failure in whatever form it suit you for this country. For God sake what is actually wrong with the brain of all of you ? Why did Nigeria economy not fail during the drop in oil prices under Obasanjo and economy of Greece Italy France UK all collapsed like pack of cards. Are you cursed beyond seeing this country succeed ?
You just have a loud mouth bro, trust me... You don't know nothing about economic analysis! Your just loud and ill mannered
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by donifez(m): 9:54am On Jul 03, 2015
Jorussia:
If pmb sacks him,i believe my Igbo brothers will read different meanings to it.
He should be sacked,as an igbo guy i won't read meaning to it...He is incompetent(Fact).
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by iwatchandlisten(m): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2015
@ NgeneU: So he should be sacked because the Economists say so? Please tell me whose interest is that magazine projecting/protecting? Nigeria's or government/economies of the WEST?

Bros na wa for you'o!

The campaign to remove started earlier when people started spreading rumours that the so-called missing $20 billion was found in Zenith Bank, because the CBN gov was former MD of that bank.

Observing to see the twists that this campaign against the man called GODWIN will take.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by 989900: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
freshdude99:

Bro I didn't notice nothing, pls name those countries for me and not only that, tell me if they are solely dependent on just one commodity"oil" or they are partially diversify economy I.e manufacturing. I will be glad to learn If u give me such facts and figures

You don't have to look anywhere but in our own very country.

OBJ (after stealing), grew our reserves from $4.8B in 1999 to $43B (with an exchange rate btw N117-N122) according to NOI (though OBJ claims otherwise). However, NOI acknowledges Yar' Adua grew it to $62B before GEJ took over.

Going forward, any half-sane individual would expect progress (say north of $100B), not retrogress while accumulating more debt, though selling oil at the highest average price over the longest period in history!

And now what do we have left? $30B or less.

The biggest drop ever in oil prices was in 2008 from $147.27-$33.5, yet the Naira never crashed this badly!

As we speak, between the NNPC, NLNG, NPDC, and co., we have anywhere between $30-$50 billion of unremitted funds from 2012/2013 till now! Imagine what that could for the economy and the Naira!

The stolen/unremitted billions of dollars by GEJ's administration+refined petroleum products importation+subsidy racket+forex round tripping between Government and banking establishments is at a minimum, 9 times more responsible for the gluttony of dollars than all other imports put together.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by wearerelated: 10:01am On Jul 03, 2015
The CBN Governor isnt vast in the running of a public business this sensitive in my opinion.

The free fall of the Naira, and the current publications from CBN about FOREX sales limitation gives me reasons to be concerned indeed.

It's sad we import everything - this puts intense pressure on the strength of the Naira indeed, But when u intervene in a free economy in d manner he's done i doubt if the Naira valuation will not go further south.

Note: the demand for FOREX wont diminish. Since CBN wont provide it, the Parallel mkt will. And at riduculous valuation. Eventually, the Naira will suffer d hurt. Allow for free economy (thats what we learned in school) and ur currency will right-fit.

I dont completely blame him tho; the recklessness of our Leadership (towards the election) completely sold the value of this country.
Re: CBN Governor Should Be Sacked With Immediate Effect by PhockPhockMan: 10:44am On Jul 03, 2015
ideykwum:
Don't reply people like that!! Leave them to wallow in their hate and pain! Let them marinate on their prejudice and be used as apostles to truncate interests that should be theirs because of a mess of porridge!

They'd lie, falsify, and generally turn everything on its head to justify untenable positions! When the exact reverse is placed in their context, they'd chew and swallow their words and seek to lie once more through their haze of ignorance!

No, PhockPhockMan, you are not allowed to correct such people!! History says that they'd pass away like a foul wind from a rancid behind...A lot of noise and smell, and final oblivion!!!

No mind them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Any Attack On The South-East Is An Attack On The Yorubas — Igboho Warns FG / LP: Lamidi Apapa Gives Condition To Meet With Tinubu / Obiano Holds Mass Burial For Unclaimed Bodies Of Fuel Tanker Victims (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.