Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH (33393 Views)

102.1 FM : Radio Biafra Pirate Station Takes Over Anambra / Nnamdi Kanu, Igbo Leaders Meet In Owerri Over Anambra Election (Photos) / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 05, 2015
madridguy:
I still don't know the reason behind this. Even if there is a need for prisoners transfer, I think it should be made in a very secretive manner. If we have thousands of Boko Haram members in prisons across the northern states, why transferring 47 to another region to create insecurity there. I think the FG should look for a mass land probably in Niger State and build a place for the terrorists not in the east.

You talk as if Nigerians give a crap about your Biafra mentality. Last I checked the FG has the right to transfer any prisoner to any FG prisons within the country. I dont see people in SW or North protesting against the presence of hardened Igbo criminals languishing in FG prisons in their states.

Wake up dude! SE is part of Nigeria and would remain so centuries to come, and not a million Nnamdi Kanus can change that.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by reuben79: 11:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
blame your selfish leader that always play ethnic card to win political sympathy from gullible you. i see no reason a classified security intel like this should leak to the press ind first inatance. i think heads need to roll for this act. this is a treason case.
Baroba:

These are not your average petty thieves, we are talking of hardcore fundamentalist ready to die for a cause. Do you really trust the Nigerian military to protect citizens if there is a massive breakout?

People are now living in fear knowing quite well they have terrorists in their midst.. There are masses of land in the North, a prison could easily have been built to accommodate these inmates. As much as we despise them, they still have the right to see their families..
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by GentleToks(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
They're prisoners everywhere in this country I wonder what my igbo people are chanting for?

Everything about these annoying people is bigotry and tribalism.

Life is all about them.

80% of dangerous armed robbers in Nigeria today are Igbos (I have worked with Abuja police command...) and these guys are being imprisoned in other regions of the country without locals raising their eyebrows.

Federal govt has every right to transfer prisoners to any part of the country without any pre-information to federal unit- state.

All the dangerous armed robbers who are Igbos should be transferred back to the East cos the lives of the locals around the prisons where these dangerous guys are being housed are in serious danger. Can you just imagine this shit coming other regions in the country? Igbos would scream blue murder about how their brothers (armed robbers oooo) are being treated cos they are Igbos.......

Why Igbos always set d record of all evils in this country?

First coup- igbo

Existence of Unitary system of govt which destroyed our flourishing regional system of govt was brought about by-Igbo

Who formed alliance at the expense of Southerners with Northern oligarchy in 60s-Igbos

Who formed another alliance with the same Northerners who killed them like chickens on the streets again in 70s so as to spite Yorubas Igbos

Who is now screaming betrayal in 2015 when Yorubas decided to do what Igbos are well known for-political alliance-Igbos

Who called for pogrom indirectly by calling Northerners all sort of names back in late 50s to 60s until Hausa/Fulanis were pushed to the war-Igbos

Who is looking and calling for another war in 21st century-Igbos

The question is this "what is the difference between an armed robber and a terrorist?

You might be left to live if you give your money and your belongings to armed robbers otherwise, u ll be killed.

You might be left to live if you accept Islam as your religion otherwise, u might be killed by a terrorist.

However, they (both robbers and terrorists) could kill at their respective discretions regardless what you give them-properties or faith.

Finally, if Igbo prisoners are being housed in other regions of the country without issues, Igbos have no ground to ask Federal govt to relocate these guys.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2015
Well, I don't think there is anywhere in my write up that I mentioned anything related to Biafra. I am just concerned about the safety of these people should be incase Boko boys carry their wahala go south east.

Maple:

You talk as if Nigerians give a crap about your Biafra mentality. Last I checked the FG has the right to transfer any prisoner to any FG prisons within the country. I dont see people in SW or North protesting against the presence of hardened Igbo criminals languishing in FG prisons in their states.

Wake up dude! SE is part of Nigeria and would remain so centuries to come, and not a million Nnamdi Kanus can change that.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Nobody: 12:55am On Jul 06, 2015
madridguy:
Well, I don't think there is anywhere in my write up that I mentioned anything related to Biafra. I am just concerned about the safety of these people should be incase Boko boys carry their wahala go south east.

Perhaps so. I believe the earlier Nigerians cease to regard BH menace as a "Northern" Nigeria problem, the better for all of us in eradicating this menace. If the FG sends only 47 BH prisoners to SE, out of the many thousands already in various parts of the country, I dont see anything wrong with that, afterall those prisons belong to the FG? If anything, all FG prisons deserve fair share of BH prisoners. Perhaps, that would give every region a sense of shared responsibility in fighting this menace call BH. Truth be told, many in SE see this as a "conspiracy" against their region, but forgetting that it was GEJ, that signed the transfer in the first place.

We all know too well that had GEJ not loose the elections, we probably wont be discussing this issue, because it actually is a non - issue. Then, FG establishment and jurisdiction would be given its due honor and interpretations it deserves. There wont be people coming out for protests in Anambra. But, with a "Northerner" now in power, its now very convenient for many who are yet to get-over gej election defeat and their Biafra agitators to unnecessarily create chaos and make a mountain out of an ant hill for every FG action, thus behaving as if they're no longer ruled by FG jurisdictions. Very few posts here are actually objective in their criticism, the rest stinks of hypocrisy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Has Created 8m Blue Collar Jobs - Ngige, Minister Of Labour / Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) / Ambode Abolishes Monthly Environmental Sanitation Exercise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.