Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH (33376 Views)

102.1 FM : Radio Biafra Pirate Station Takes Over Anambra / Nnamdi Kanu, Igbo Leaders Meet In Owerri Over Anambra Election (Photos) / Military Takes Over NNPC Pipelines In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by galadima77(m): 11:01am On Jul 05, 2015
Chibuhealth:
God will punish Buhari
...and you too.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Jul 05, 2015
They are Northern terrorist and must be kept in their shore.

galadima77:

what is good for niger is also good for Anambra....
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Neplusultra(f): 11:07am On Jul 05, 2015
Who doesn't know dat most of d soldiers are sympathetic to Boko haram! Dis is infiltration by boko haram both d soldiers and the prisoners!
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by asamaigho(m): 11:16am On Jul 05, 2015
Chibuhealth:
God will punish Buhari

r u for real? even after gov obiano has explained that d prison transfer was concluded by 'ur former gov peter obi and 'azikiwe jona'...

ur hatred for buhari is can be equated to foolishness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by asamaigho(m): 11:20am On Jul 05, 2015
ckmayoca:

And if that eventually happens guess what happens? The igbos will see all abokis as BH and they will start killing and same will start in north and how wld that be contained?

well think its d other way round,cos i persive d igbos are scared of dis abokis,no wonder they are protesting.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Elmasu: 11:31am On Jul 05, 2015
I sense we re on d verge of breaking up as a country. Why would they now send d army to d state. Buhari is working out d script and supporting him means doom. A very real war or impeachment is coming soon.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by fortunechy(m): 11:34am On Jul 05, 2015
dt religious bigot man dt call himself president wit uncertain weac certificate is gradully pushin the easterners to the wall.....bt i only dt igbos were like isrealite.yes!!hand of God is upon us.wen u hv evil agenda on us (igbos)it will indirectly be ur portion........in as much as we survived civil war,we will survive in a situation.God Bless Ndi IGBO!!!
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Duru1(m): 11:42am On Jul 05, 2015
The southwestern and northern regional political alliance that brought M. Buhari to the presidency is the replica of what happened in 1967. Ndiigbo should be very watchful and be at alert. The people who took historical facts for granted are bound to commit silly blunders of the past.

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:48am On Jul 05, 2015
madridguy:
I still don't know the reason behind this. Even if there is a need for prisoners transfer, I think it should be made in a very secretive manner. If we have thousands of Boko Haram members in prisons across the northern states, why transferring 47 to another region to create insecurity there. I think the FG should look for a mass land probably in Niger State and build a place for the terrorists not in the east.

These prisoners are Nigerians and can be occupied anywhere in the country, Iboland included.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:51am On Jul 05, 2015
madridguy:
They are Northern terrorist and must be kept in their shore.

They are Nigerians and can be krpt anywhere within Nigeria. They are citizens of North, West, East and South. Deal with it!

2 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by ikechu1278: 11:55am On Jul 05, 2015
This ediot Fulani monkey called Buhari is very very stupid if he thinks he can transfer terrorism to Igboland. He even brought the soldiers to protect the BH prisoners. Can you even imagine. What a dumb@ss. The only Igbo people that takes revenge whenever BH kills an Igbo up north is Anambra peeps and Abia peeps and the buf00n went and put BH in Anambra. Wtf? Stupidly Increasing tensions for his own people while trying to spite Igbo's. Who the Bleep does he think he is increasing tension to? If one bombs goes off in Anambra, it is his people they going after. They always fucking do and your people will pack in bus running to Asaba. While would that ediot endanger his own people. Wtf? The guy is so brainless he couldn't think right. If you wanted to spit Igbo, why take it to igbo territory that actually chase and attack hausa traders whenever they hear BH killed igbo. Seriously how f2king stupid is Buhari? Not only that, he took it to the state that's recognized to have biggest illegal firearms in Nigeria. If I was him, even spite someone, I won't go after anambra or abia considering their past behavior. I would have sent to either IMO, Enugu, ebonyi especially Enugu considering Enugu are very peaceful and level headed. A smart person would pick ones that won't fight back, not ones that will. I honestly honestly think buhari's cows ate his brain. He is brain less.

This time around, if they start chasing Hausa traders again, Asaba go close our borders. Let the hausa traders now. Make una find another people to run to. We even tired of that shit anyway.. at least in the past, anambra is at fault cause the traders have no factor in wtf BH does. This time around if Una bomb am in their lands, buhari is obviously trying to start shit.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2015
ckmayoca:

And if that eventually happens guess what happens? The igbos will see all abokis as BH and they will start killing and same will start in north and how wld that be contained?

Good ! A perfect opportunity for Kanu-led group,IPOB to launch its attack against Nigeria. I think this a good excuse for the biafrans to flex their muscles or are they not strong enough to confront these handful of Soldiers? If you can't do anything about this situation now and use the opportunity to press home your demand for sovereign Biafra,I put it to you guys that you are the real COWARDS!
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Okeikpu(m): 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2015
[quote author=fulanimafia post=35502536][/quote] Aboki grin

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by kenedy175(m): 12:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
military taking over the prison doesn't change a thing. Last time I checked, boko haram attacked a whole military barrack in maiduguri setting all there brothers in captive free. They should simply relocate those prisoners to the north or build more prisons up north.

Gwantanamo bay is still in existence. just in case Sha!
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Ganjafama(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

How would it make sense to you when it is the truth?

Don't deceptively try to hide under the umbrella of southerners when the entire world knows the unbridled burning hatred you have for your fellow southerners like the Yoruba and the Edo. Even if the North leaves, you vengeful bigots will still think Westerners are not fit to share the country with you, you even think some of your brothers are not fit to share the same village with you because they are Osu so what are we talking about?

You Ibos are full of hate and are reaping what you have sown... Period!
Dude am not Ibo. I am from Delta state. Talking about reaping where one didn't sow, that statement applies to u ab.okis. What is ur contribution to our national wealth. I still stand by my earlier post, the sooner this country is split the better for us all.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Abagworo(m): 12:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
Much ado about nothing. Boko Haram cannot attack Ekwulobia. Whoever raised the alarm might be the person plotting the attack and he must fail.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by GitmoAuditors: 12:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
Animal stop discussing any part of Anambra whether out of love or whatever.

[s]
Abagworo:
Much ado about nothing. Boko Haram cannot attack Ekwulobia. Whoever raised the alarm might be the person plotting the attack and he must fail.
[/s]
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by GitmoAuditors: 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
Animal stop discussing any part of Anambra whether out of love or whatever. Face your useless worthless imo state.

[s]
Abagworo:
[/s]
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by 1adewoye: 12:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
If you share in the national cake, you must be prepared to share the national burden.

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by somegirl1: 1:39pm On Jul 05, 2015
fulanimafia:

When the bloodsuckers from a tiny corner of the North were endangering the rest of the North and bombing Kano, you all were happy thinking the North was suffering after what happened in 1967.

What is good for the goose is good for the gander, the same way we lived with checkpoints everywhere, is the way you will now learn to pass check points with your hands up. The SE is gradually being militarized under your noses, I'd love to see Nnamdi Kanu organize a rally in Ekwulobia.

Same way you don't live in fear of being kidnapped for ransom, or for rituals in the case of the south west.
Your region produced and continues to fund Boko Haram.
A national problem definitely, but not the fault of any other region.
We have our own issues to deal with as it is.

3 Likes

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by ayd91(m): 2:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
madridguy:
I still don't know the reason behind this. Even if there is a need for prisoners transfer, I think it should be made in a very secretive manner. If we have thousands of Boko Haram members in prisons across the northern states, why transferring 47 to another region to create insecurity there. I think the FG should look for a mass land probably in Niger State and build a place for the terrorists not in the east.
You have a point though. But the East is one sure place the Boko Haram members won't find sympathizers who may try to break them out. Get it?
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Superman11(m): 2:30pm On Jul 05, 2015
ckmayoca:

And for how wld the soldiers be there and passer by be passing with hands up and vehicles being searched? It simply means the facility is not secure and not a maximum prison.

[size=18pt] yes na the soldiers go drill them en.. I tire for [size=22pt]BUHGARRI[/size][/size]
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by sinizia: 2:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
asadike:
Buhari, even though i know u will not die well, i also want u to know that ' we are ndigbo and we fear no mother fucker, we know your plans but it has failed from d very beggining coz what u kept secret has been blown on d house top.
We are egalitarians and we will resist your evil with d last drop of our blood.

Ya diri gi na nma.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by asadike(f): 2:54pm On Jul 05, 2015
sinizia:

Ya diri gi na nma.
ise e, nwokeoma.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by blackboy(m): 3:05pm On Jul 05, 2015
Rubbish, waste!! Why not build a guantanomo bay prison for these guys since no court have convicted them.

Remove all military road blocks now you are sending high risk prisoners to a prison and require soldiers to be guarding the prison. Are the soldiers protecting the prisoners or the community or preventing the criminals from escaping?

Nigerian Prison Services should ask for funds now now , to build high maximum prison for Boko Haram related prisonners somewhere far like how power stations are located in the bush. As Julius Berger to build a maximum prison way out in no where somewhere instead of letting the bush to be used by spiritualist etc

Nigeria is rich and the situation calls special prisons.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by madridguy(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2015
Okay

ayd91:

You have a point though. But the East is one sure place the Boko Haram members won't find sympathizers who may try to break them out. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by FOREXMARTS: 3:46pm On Jul 05, 2015
sunshine1974:
Following the relocation of Boko Haram detainees to the Ekwulobia Prisons in Anambra State, the military have taken over the security of the facility.

SUNDAY PUNCH investigations showed that security operations in the Federal Government facility are no longer the exclusive preserve of the officials of the Nigeria Prison Service.

The development, sources told our correspondent, is not unconnected with the calibre of the detainees being held behind the walls of the facility.

A visit by our correspondent to the prison on Saturday showed that armed military personnel were located in strategic locations around the prison.

The development has also brought some form of hardship to residents of the host communities of the prison.

Free human and vehicular movement is no longer allowed around the place. Our correspondent sighted soldiers compelling passers-by to raise up their arms and get frisked before they were allowed passage. Vehicles were also searched.

Residents of Anambra had last week taken to the streets protesting against the relocation of the detainees. But the Federal Government had reacted saying it was a mere rumour.

But happenings around the facility on Friday further learnt credence to the report that the Boko Haram detainees had been relocated to the quiet Anambra town.

“It is like a war situation. We no longer move freely; we don’t even talk freely because you don’t know who is who now. Armoured vehicles are everywhere” Stanley Ezechukwu, a primary school teacher in the area told our correspondent.

One of the soldiers who spoke on condition of anonymity said, “We are here to ensure that the prison is not attacked by the people who have demonstrated their resentment over the transfer of the detainees.”

Professor Chuwuemeka Ike, the traditional Ruler of Ndikerionwu, a neighboring community to Ekwulobia , condemned the transfer of the detainees to the area.

He acknowledged, however that prisons transfers are normal, but maintained that with the sensitive nature of the prisoners, the transfer of the Boko Haram detainee could have been avoided.

A press statement on Saturday by the Senior Special Assistant to Governor Willie Obiano on Media, Mr James Eze, was not specific on whether the detainees had been relocated or not.

The statement titled; “The Transfer of Boko Haram Detainees to Ekwulobia Prisons:   the true position,” maintained that the governor had not made any official press statement on the issue as reported in some national dailies.

The statement read in parts, “We wish to inform the general public that Governor Obiano never made any comments to these publications. Since the eruption of this controversy, Governor Obiano’s position has been consistent. This was fully reflected in the two press Statements issued on Sunday, June 28, 2015 and Wednesday July 1, 2015. In both statements, his message was simple – he re-assured Ndi Anambra that he was on top of the situation and that he was speaking with the relevant authorities to achieve a peaceful resolution of the issue. Governor Obiano’s commitment to this extremely sensitive issue remains the same.”

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Mr Uche Eze in his reaction said the police would not want to comment on the matter as “it is purely an affair of the Nigerian Prisons Service.”

The member representing the area in the House of Representatives, Mrs. Eucharia Azodo however urged the Federal Government to rescind the decision in view of its security implications on the people of her constituency.

In a statement in Awka on Saturday, Azodo said the Boko Haram detainees would be better taken care of in a maximum security prison, arguing that Ekwulobia Prison did not have the capacity to accommodate such high risk prisoners.

She said, “The rising tension following rumours that Boko Haram suspects were relocated from some Northern prisons to the South-East, precisely, Ekwulobia in Aguata Local Government of Anambra State, gives me great concern.

“We all are aware of the fact that Ekwulobia Prison in Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State is not a maximum security prison.

“Whereas a large number of prisoners, about 134 inmates, are there already in a prison built to accommodate 85 inmates, a total number of 47 Boko Haram prisoners were brought to Ekwulobia Prison in the dead of the night of Sunday, June 28, 2015 amidst tight security.”

The youth wing of the apex Igbo socio- cultural organisation, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has flayed the Federal Government over the relocation.

The National President of Ohanaeze Youth Council, Mazi Okechukwu Isiguzoro who spoke with our correspondent in Umuahia, described the action as “ exportation of terrorism to the peaceful South-East region.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/military-take-over-security-in-anambra-prison/
Cucumber head Buhari wants to turn the east to his dumping ground.
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 05, 2015
evn Nigeria government don't trust thire police chai
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by sunshine1974(m): 5:27pm On Jul 05, 2015
Making front page almost everyday now. grin
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by PenSniper: 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Didn't some goon promise that another Ojukwu will go to war if this relocation ever takes place ? What next ?
Re: Military Takes Over Anambra Prison - PUNCH by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
but y keep them in prison tho? just let dem loose in the north n shoot at them, no questions asked.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adeyinka Adebayo Is Dead (Photos) / Ondo State Agog As Governor Akeredolu Returns To Akure (Photos) / Doyin Okupe Warns Femi Falana Against Speaking Ill About Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.