Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,960 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101569 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
jfkenny:

Can u send Leading an inspired life as an eBook

Happily!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alezy(m): 11:21pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

You can never be too late reading what you've not read before.
Well said.

I luv that Americana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
Alezy:
Well said.

I luv that Americana

I've not even read it. Maybe one of these days.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 14, 2015
jfkenny:

Can u send Leading an inspired life as an eBook

You may forward me your mail.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 14, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alezy(m): 11:48pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

I've not even read it. Maybe one of these days.
luvly story line...she nailed it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 14, 2015
Alezy:
luvly story line...she nailed it

I've watched her on YouTube once. Awesome.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Alezy(m): 11:52pm On Aug 14, 2015
dearpreye:

I've watched her on YouTube once. Awesome.
thumbs up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Learning is the beginning of wealth. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the
beginning of spirituality. Searching and learning is where the miracle process all begins.
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune.

We must learn to apply all that we know so that we can attract all that we want.
The book you don’t read won’t help.

If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need motivation to speed him up.
What he needs is education to turn him around.

Some people read so little they have rickets of the mind.
Miss a meal if you have to, but don’t miss a book.

The great gift of the human imagination is that it has no limits or ending.
Nourish the mind like you would your body. The mind cannot survive on junk food.

Everything you need for your better future and success has already been written. And
guess what? It’s all available.

Ignorance is not bliss. Ignorance is poverty. Ignorance is devastation. Ignorance is
tragedy. Ignorance is illness. It all stems from ignorance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by queenfav(f): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
Am reading "dappled things" by kingsley iweka..The story is captivating and makes a good read.The author is a young one,but definitely knows his onions.@dearpreye,keep up the good work here..I find your love for reading very commendable.I love good books,both fiction and non fiction.A day without reading feels so wasted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 16, 2015
queenfav:
Am reading "dappled things" by kingsley iweka..The story is captivating and makes a good read.The author is a young one,but definitely knows his onions.@dearpreye,keep up the good work here..I find your love for reading very commendable.I love good books,both fiction and non fiction.A day without reading feels so wasted.

Oh thanks for those kind words. I'm encouraged and energised to continue my search for knowledge. Thank you.

I hope you're really enjoying the book you're reading? You may share a line or though that captivated your mind. Happy Sunday.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by b03liberty(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2015
chuksroy:
i just finished downloading THE ROAD LESS
TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck on pdf format. i hope to access it tonite after work schedules. thanks @ op
biodun03liberty@gmail.com. Thank you bros

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mikwus(f): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2015
Anyone willing to live a purposeful life must have his works o.

I can't have enough of him and his likes

dearpreye:

God bless my colleague who directed me to this great man of wisdom. I doubt if I've paid any more attention to this man than I've ever done to another in the field of sef development!

It seems you have his books too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by jfkenny(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author=dearpreye post=36968699]

You may forward me your mail. [/quote
Kenekene20@gmail.com thanks]
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2015
chuksroy:
i just finished downloading THE ROAD LESS
TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck on pdf format. i hope to access it tonite after work schedules. thanks @ op

emmanuelpopson@outlook.com, ill love to have a copy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You just wrote a sentence. And you still have tons of sentences inside you - enough to fill several books.

What we usually lack is confidence that people will find what we've written subpar.

And you don't even need to write much, you could record some of your thoughts and then have some writer flesh it out. You could draw an outline, and then have someone more inclined write it.

Several big names don't write sh1t. They use ghostwriters.

I agree. ...especially with the part of our belief people won't find out works interesting.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by duketunde: 10:11pm On Aug 22, 2015
I am reading under the Lake by Stuart Woods at the mo'....Peeps you can get updates on all literary prize and writing opening on - http://www.duketundesblog.com/search/label/Literary%20Prize plus if you need any of this ebooks (3 hadley chase- You Find Him, I'll fix him, Blandish,The Soft Centre)(JK Rowling-Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows) and a few others from series by Iam Flemming in pdf format drop me a mail at imfo@duketundesblog.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Essyprity(f): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
So. I hv just finished reading wild justice by Philip Mongo'something'(I promise to check it up later) and 'gone tomorrow by lee child's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:54am On Aug 26, 2015
Man's Search for meaning. ...Victor. E. Frankl, a former Nazi Concentration Camp Survivor narrates the sad ordeals that took place in the camps.

It sure promises to be a good book. From the preface, I have seen a few lines that have given me a stronger resolve to say YES to life, irrespective of the challenges it brings my way.

Good morning.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Brownzola(m): 3:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
[quote author=dearpreye post=35867349]
Your last sentence is apt. [I don't refer to anyone. Its just a saying ok?]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:30am On Sep 04, 2015
Start reading a book today. You're a product of your books and your friends. Read a book today.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by hahn(m): 7:22am On Sep 04, 2015
dearpreye:
Start reading a book today. You're a product of your books and your friends. Read a book today and surround yourself with friends that are better than you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 04, 2015
[quote author=hahn post=37652788][/quote]

Yea. Absolutely true.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 05, 2015
Just finished reading an essay of about 21 pages, written by American author Ralph Waldo Emerson titled SELF-RELIANCE. It was a smart read.

The essay is about being ourselves. The author admonishes us to be ourselves; imitate no one. He enjoins us to refuse to conform to societal norms and beliefs, but to our own principles and conscience for often times societies are at loggerheads with our conscience.

He believes we can get no peace from any outwards sources, but from within ourselves. He believes we shall be at the fullest stage of calm and repose when our values and principles triumph.

To conform to society is to lose your person and voice. To be great is to be a nonconformist. To be great is to be misunderstood. Galileo was misunderstood. So too was Jesus and Copernicus. Newton. Socrates, etc. were misunderstood.

To be great is to be misunderstood!

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ishilove: 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2015
dearpreye:
Just finished reading an essay of about 21 pages, written by American author Ralph Waldo Emerson titled SELF-RELIANCE. It was a smart read.

The essay is about being ourselves. The author admonishes us to be ourselves; imitate no one. He enjoins us to refuse to conform to societal norms and beliefs, but to our own principles and conscience for often times societies are at loggerheads with our conscience.

He believes we can get no peace from any outwards sources, but from within ourselves. He believes we shall be at the fullest stage of calm and repose when our values and principles triumph.
I don't know why I am not a fan of all these motivational books.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 05, 2015
Ishilove:

I don't know why I am not a fan of all these motivational books.

Hahaha. They resonate a lot with me. Though not all.

I've been able to identify my favourites, and have made visible progress following their examples of dedication, vision and discipline.

Any personal success story motivates me to no end.

In this case, the author was particularly a philosopher.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by marcondo13: 12:52am On Sep 07, 2015
I have a collection of books by Og Mandino. I have been reading his masterpiece,'' The Greatest Salesman in the World'' everyday since 2007! It was dedicated to Clement Stone and a lot of people consider it the greatest motivational book since the Bible was written because its plot is unlike any book that I have come across. Its tale tell the story of an adopted orphan who out of pity,gave his father's expensive garment to a poor couple,who just gave birth to a baby. The baby later turned out to be Jesus Christ. He had to leave his dying father with just 10 scrolls which were to guide him to build another business empire, and later shared his secrets with Apostle Paul,who was given the 10 scrolls to read and prepare for the ''sale'' of the gospel to mankind!
Books by Og Mandino are hard to find,but a Google search of the 10 scrolls by Og Mandino can get you a pdf file of the ten scrolls.
Goodluck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:20am On Sep 07, 2015
marcondo13:
I have a collection of books by Og Mandino. I have been reading his masterpiece,'' The Greatest Salesman in the World'' everyday since 2007! It was dedicated to Clement Stone and a lot of people consider it the greatest motivational book since the Bible was written because its plot is unlike any book that I have come across. Its tale tell the story of an adopted orphan who out of pity,gave his father's expensive garment to a poor couple,who just gave birth to a baby. The baby later turned out to be Jesus Christ. He had to leave his dying father with just 10 scrolls which were to guide him to build another business empire, and later shared his secrets with Apostle Paul,who was given the 10 scrolls to read and prepare for the ''sale'' of the gospel to mankind!
Books by Og Mandino are hard to find,but a Google search of the 10 scrolls by Og Mandino can get you a pdf file of the ten scrolls.
Goodluck

Never knew his books are this deep and relevant.

I sometime ago erroneously judged the book you wrote about by its cover and decided it was no meant for me since it was talking about salesmanship. How wrong I was!

I'll try to see scrolls. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week ahead. Good morning.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by nonexy11: 1:46pm On Sep 07, 2015
Well, I just concluded 'spin this' by an American journalist called Bill Press. It was a nice read. It exposes an individual to the lies and propaganda associated with the mass media. How news are fine tuned to suit the government of the day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 11:55pm On Sep 07, 2015
nonexy11:
Well, I just concluded 'spin this' by an American journalist called Bill Press. It was a nice read. It exposes an individual to the lies and propaganda associated with the mass media. How news are fine tuned to suit the government of the day.

Hmmm....I believe this is the most appropriate time to read such a book. The evil being perpetrated by the media is unprecedented. Characters are daily being assassinated; innocent persons are being vilified and abused; and evil is being exalted and hailed as good.

It sure must be a timely read. I'll have to put aside my current book in order to see this one.

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by marcondo13: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2015
dearpreye:

Never knew his books are this deep and relevant.

I sometime ago erroneously judged the book you wrote about by its cover and decided it was no meant for me since it was talking about salesmanship. How wrong I was!

I'll try to see scrolls. I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week ahead. Good morning.

I almost made that same error until I saw an Engineering professor reading it! Lol!
Its plot is crazy,from Bethlehem to Damascus,the story of an orphan,Hafiz, who fell in love with the daughter of a rich man,and swore to be the richest man in the East.
If a bibliophile has not read that book or the return of the rainmaker by the same author,then,his reading experience is not complete!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by freeage7(m): 1:42pm On Sep 08, 2015
nonexy11:

That book must be an eye opener to lots of thrills and frills that go on in the media world.
In Journalism, we were told that a news is not a news because it has been tampered with (editing).
In house style and what have you sometimes take away the innocence and truth in news reportage.

More so, Journalism in some part of the world has been compromise.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.