Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,669 members, 7,837,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion (32258 Views)

"Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / 'I Regret Campaigning For APC And President Buhari' - Twitter User / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
yea...to a certain extent.
Why do u say dat embarassed
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

Why do u say dat embarassed
tell me,which is the genuine religion? Christianity? Islam? Budhism? Hinduism? Shintoism? Judaism? Or do you any other religion in mind?
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ADRIC(m): 2:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
lolz.........
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by free13: 2:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
tell me,which is the genuine religion? Christianity? Islam? Budhism? Hinduism? Shintoism? Judaism? Or do you any other religion in mind?

*confused too bt to me christianity sha rep God any whr*
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ibietela2(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
[s]
san316:
Good luck is responsible for this. He didn't take BH seriously. He allowed them to blossom and got deeply rooted in the country. How do we expect PMB to just decimate them in just a month? When GEJ led army was supposed to annihilate the insurgents, they were showing us footage of how BH members were running away. They got integrated into the society and are now blowing everyone up.

GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria but God willing, we shall prevail over the enemies. To hell with Biafra, cant wait to see their backs.
[/s]
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by seunayantokun(m): 3:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
I knew Buhari could not be trusted, and cannot be trusted.

At the time they were campaigning and shouting 'change' they were ready to shout us down.

Gùdùgúdú f'ojú jo èsúrú, ó p'omo je. How do I translate this proverb o...? OK, it is like this... the wild trifoliate (three-leaf) yam pretends it's the real trifoliate yam and so is able to inflict death on a child.

That is your Buhari. He has his own agenda which has not changed though some people coloured it differently and so poisoned the faculties of the gullible, who decided to be gullible for reasons best known to them.

I remember J.P. Clark's Poem entitled 'The Casualties' written with reference to the 1967-70 civil war. We are all casualties of our March 28, 2015 decisions and indecisions... and previous electoral actions and inactions.

However, we will laugh at the end of it all. Just let's ensure we do not go to bed as to doing in our individual quaters whatever is legal, honest and godly in the interest of all. Believe it, we will see good prevail over evil whether apart or together.

You're blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ogunaofor: 3:51pm On Jul 10, 2015
you know the reason why Nigerian Politicians continue to loot the country dry with reckless abandon and do no care about the welfare of Nigerians is because they know Nigerians will do nothing, we will only shout in cyberspace and then conclude with'God will help us in this country' nothing more nothing less. Just siddon dey look.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

*confused too bt to me christianity sha rep God any whr*
to you? Good... I hope that answers your question,btw I believe in the existence of God. Why?...I DON'T KNOW.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by mightyhaze: 4:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
embarassednigeria aint just workin! Wot can a 72 year old grandpa do??(My grand dad is 73 and I don't kid myself his capabilities). Which way naija??

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by prettyboi1(m): 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2015
Nigerians and the Biblical Israelis are too similar. We complain about every damn thing....whether good or bad. When God used Moses to lead them out of Pharaoh's bondage, when any small thing wasn't going their way, they preferred Pharaoh's bondage again.

Who in their right mind expects that very visible achievements can be realized in 6 months...talk less of 1 month 2 weeks that the new government has spent? I agree that Buhari's silence on a lot of things is making it seem like he's being slow, but I would rather prefer silence and working evidence to talk, talk, talk with no evidence. Jonathan had nearly 5 years in power as president and he almost crippled the nation. If we could survive Jonathan's poor government of nearly 5 years, 1 month 2 weeks of Buhari's government is still too early to conclude. We just need to hold our breath and keep our fingers crossed.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:

We just don't share the same values in this country. Breaking up Nigeria is the better option because things can't get much worse than this. There are ideals and there is practicality.

Nigeria is barely in a blast mode, wait for the shockwave.
my dear am loving u already ,I'd like to know u better anytime soon.Besides u are begini.g to think more rationally now than before about this zoo called Nigeria .
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
2sizzlin:
God forbid I agree with you. Nigeria's dry bone shall rise again. People will struggle to enter this country!
Nigeria :the greenland!

That will be nice.

But how shall that be?
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
DaBullIT:

Do not forget that the problems did not start when the change movement began, the problem started and continued to grow as a result of greed, power and impunity by the Tanoid Government since 1999 , Buhari has not spent a year, so i think you may be regretting too soon

So things were working perfectly in Nigeria before 1999?
Were Obj, Atiku, Amaechi, Kwankwaso, Saraki, Tambuwal etc not part of that Tanoid government you mentioned? Yet you're depending on them for a change.
Your situation is hopeless.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by freshdude99(m): 7:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:

This is the best comment so far. Thanks for this.
Hey baby wink
Pretty petite kiss kiss kiss
How are u today smiley
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Skillz02(m): 7:38pm On Jul 10, 2015
I don't believe this shit...
If at all u campaign 4 change then it means u gave them 4 years mandate to proov their worth not a month so spare me TANOID
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by smartwengslamatt: 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2015
u can't b a pessimist and an optimist @ a time. u need a fast brain scan :Pu can't b a pessimist and an optimist @ a time. u need a fast brain scan. anyways, u r on point....nevertheless, u still need d scan jare
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
eph12: Said it before and i still insist it's the only way. Nigeria should practice true federalism now or disintegrate. If not we will only be running in cycles.

Broaden what you meant by true federalism. Pls
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:13pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chubhie: Nigeria is in a state of nature. The sooner you learn survival instincts in this jungle the better.

The way Jagaban and APC packaged PMB be like a 419 moi moi I once brought in school well packaged that after navigating your way through different layers of wraps you get disappointed.

She made her few quick bucks until the truth spread and she closed shop.

After all the paparazzi and the dust have settled we all now know that PMB is a toothless Old bulldog and needs to be impeached fast before Boko takes over CBN and Aso Rock.

Lol that kind of a moi moi u eat it and you keep cursing that iya oni moi moi... I know the feeling grin
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:17pm On Jul 10, 2015
Kastonkastroll: Everybody endured the 16 good years of PDP misrule. We never called for disintegration or anything similar to that. This boko haram menace started during pdp reign, and it also escalated during their administration because they were busy looting the nation's treasury. There was no proactive measurement taken by pdp to stop the boko haram until some few days to election. Now APC inherited all the bad things from pdp and all you hypocrites know how to do is to blame APC for pdp 16 good years of mismanagement, corruption, impunity etc.

Anyway buhari is gonna tackle this boko menace very soon, the man is just being careful. This am very sure of because I believe in him.

U really have a heart, I must say... I'll keep my hopes high too but remember when you are let down too much. Ones spirit would be shattered...

But I hope the soon is soon bro... I hope smiley
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:25pm On Jul 10, 2015
Southwest: crack Jones abi wetin be your mumu name sef, are you tired of chanji? its barely a month and you are crying alreeady....lwkmd

hopeless janjawiid

He is *whisper* CrackJokes cheesy
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
CallPolice: My friend. Terrorism around the world is never fought in 6 weeks. It is very long fight. Don't expect it to be won in a year. The fact is PMB met a nearly collapsed nation. What you have heard 6 weeks before the general election is just a publicity stunt by GEJ to make us feel that he is doing so much in the fight against BH.

It is obvious that those military generals are collecting security allocations without doing anything. They are the ones supporting BH and now they are not getting any funds, they are all out. The army has not been withdrawn, but why are they not fighting?

It is now that they real fight of BH has began.

Are u saying we've been the one behind our problems for years...

No no no lemme come again....

Are u saying pdp is boko haram?
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 8:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
clevadani: I'll not deceive myself about the present condition of Nigeria. But I'll not lose hope in Nigeria. I believe in Nigeria and I'll not relent until I see the Nigeria of my dreams.
Until the youths realise that they are both the present and future of this country and start developing themselves to take up the leadership of this country,we'll not progress.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by kgr8mike(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2015
The point is there is nothing like Nigeria. You can't point at anything and say this is Nigeria. It is either Hausa, Yoruba or Igbo. You are either dressed like an Igbo or Yoruba or an Aboki. Nigeria does not exist n that is why it is looted dry because it is a concept that even the players do not believe in. We will be better if we go our separate ways and work on what we think exists because am yet to know what Nigeria's culture is.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Chubhie: 8:56pm On Jul 10, 2015
simdam500:

Lol that kind of a moi moi u eat it and you keep cursing that iya oni moi moi... I know the feeling grin
I brought the moi moi for two. Babe came over so had to dash out and load moi moi to take with custard. Upon unlocking the first few wraps we thought those were the jara only to notice all were of same quantity with almost same amount of wraps. I had the feeling of disgust initially until the babe begin yab the iya oni moi moi in some comic yoruba language.

The good side was that day ended my buying moi moi outside cos I started enjoying home cooked moi moi.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 9:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
Chubhie: I brought the moi moi for two. Babe came over so had to dash out and load moi moi to take with custard. Upon unlocking the first few wraps we thought those were the jara only to notice all were of same quantity with almost same amount of wraps. I had the feeling of disgust initially until the babe begin yab the iya oni moi moi in some comic yoruba language.

The good side was that day ended my buying moi moi outside cos I started enjoying home cooked moi moi.

Lol... that the spirit... until we come to agree and believe we can do it on our own and not wait for our silly politifcians moi moi, we won't grow smiley
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by simdam500(m): 9:35pm On Jul 10, 2015
Yujin:
You are very right azimibraun. But truth be told. This Nigeria will not last long. Its crystal clear for all to see but hatred and wickedness will not let many to acknowledge it. Nigeria was built on lies and deceit and its walls held with the blood and flesh of the innocents whose people are asked not to cry but just to seal their mouths and move on. It can never happen like that. Day after day many are crying asking for vengeance against this Nigeria and you think God will keep quiet? Pharoah only allowed the Israelites to go after atleast 1/10 of the Egyptians were slain by the angel of death. This is what Nigeria must face. Just like the comment I made sometimes 2yrs ago states that ten thousand chariots with no horseriders are on their way to Nigeria. They've arrived already. Nigerians will hate this Nigeria and beg and seek for forgiveness and restitution before a good change can come. Once again I say: death to this Nigeria.

Never again....
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by toluene2016(m): 10:43pm On Jul 10, 2015
cramjones:
It is about time every right thinking Nigeria begin to think of an alternative country to live in. Apart from the civil war, the last 6 years have been an unending war in Nigeria. How can any sane person think of building a future in a country where your life can be cut short at any moment? How can you call a country home where you cannot even succeed financially and walk the streets freely, or even have your family walk freely. A good example is my dear friend Chimamanda the whole world celebrates, yet her country rewarded her by kidnapping her father. Or is it Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who was rewarded by kidnapping her 82 year old fragile mom. Or is it the professor that was rewarded by being brutally murdered in the comfort of his home?

Why should any sane person keep thinking of living in Nigeria, when they campainged for CHANGE, when all the get is mass killings every other day? We do not blame PMB for the menace taking place in Nigeria, why should we even blame him? the travails of this country has really eaten deep. Why should anyone be proud of Nigeria, when Femi Fani-Kayode or is it Olukayode announed to the whole world that he will now be going abroad for his long over due medical checkup. Do we even have hospitals that can take care of anything anymore? Why should anyone keep dreaming of an illusionary Nigerian dream, when if the President gets a heart attack he will die within hours, for their is no hospital in the whole country with a standard ICU and with capabilities for cardiac stenting or catheterization.

A country where dead people lie on the street of Lagos, with no scintilla of help or emergency services by state! A country where people empty their account just go give birth "abroad" and make their children escape the horrors and de nove disadvantage of being a full Nigerian citizen. A country where mass killings have been made the norm with no state official commenting on over 500 innocent souls that have been killed in the past one month.
A country despite the massive potentials and wealth still wallows in disease, corruption, kidnapping, poverty and everything bad.

Truth be told, Nigeria has become a sinking ship, and needs to drown or fall off the cliff and then rebuilt again. For our youths to reach their full potential it is imperative for them to have their own revolution! Or at least start thinking of the nearest next African country to call home. Nigeria is a cooking hallogen gas in a hot air ballon that is about to pop and kill. It is coming, it must come, it is here!

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

-CramJones

with this your write-ups it seem to me that you believe the best you can do for the country is to get the right people to rule... while this is very necessary please note that the work of nation building is the responsibility of all stakeholders i.e. including the citizens therefore you also have a part to play.

Though it may be difficult you don't have to quit you don't have to give up.

Quitting is never a solution to a problem

I still believe you did the right thing campaigning for change
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 4:48am On Jul 11, 2015
Dollyak:

Too intolerant is the right word. We are not mature enough to channel our diversity for the best interest of the country.

Have you ever noticed that its not just here but the world over.
Blacks are never united over anything. We are very intolerant of each other.
If we are not divided along tribes, its religion, and when that fails we will looks for something
something to bring diversity and conflict.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Badguytinz(m): 5:20am On Jul 11, 2015
stepo707:
Nigeria expired since last year, I doubt this country will survive till jan 2016 judging by all te events in past 40days

It is only hope we have left

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don’t Give Your Phones To Police Officers At Checkpoints To Search - DCP Ewah / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / Security Personnel Turned Their Guns At Me - Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.