Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion (32242 Views)

"Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / 'I Regret Campaigning For APC And President Buhari' - Twitter User / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Lucasbalo(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2015
cramjones:
It is about time every right thinking Nigeria begin to think of an alternative country to live in. Apart from the civil war, the last 6 years have been an unending war in Nigeria. How can any sane person think of building a future in a country where your life can be cut short at any moment? How can you call a country home where you cannot even succeed financially and walk the streets freely, or even have your family walk freely. A good example is my dear friend Chimamanda the whole world celebrates, yet her country rewarded her by kidnapping her father. Or is it Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who was rewarded by kidnapping her 82 year old fragile mom. Or is it the professor that was rewarded by being brutally murdered in the comfort of his home?

Why should any sane person keep thinking of living in Nigeria, when they campainged for CHANGE, when all the get is mass killings every other day? We do not blame PMB for the menace taking place in Nigeria, why should we even blame him? the travails of this country has really eaten deep. Why should anyone be proud of Nigeria, when Femi Fani-Kayode or is it Olukayode announed to the whole world that he will now be going abroad for his long over due medical checkup. Do we even have hospitals that can take care of anything anymore? Why should anyone keep dreaming of an illusionary Nigerian dream, when if the President gets a heart attack he will die within hours, for their is no hospital in the whole country with a standard ICU and with capabilities for cardiac stenting or catheterization.

A country where dead people lie on the street of Lagos, with no scintilla of help or emergency services by state! A country where people empty their account just go give birth "abroad" and make their children escape the horrors and de nove disadvantage of being a full Nigerian citizen. A country where mass killings have been made the norm with no state official commenting on over 500 innocent souls that have been killed in the past one month.
A country despite the massive potentials and wealth still wallows in disease, corruption, kidnapping, poverty and everything bad.

Truth be told, Nigeria has become a sinking ship, and needs to drown or fall off the cliff and then rebuilt again. For our youths to reach their full potential it is imperative for them to have their own revolution! Or at least start thinking of the nearest next African country to call home. Nigeria is a cooking hallogen gas in a hot air ballon that is about to pop and kill. It is coming, it must come, it is here!

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

[b]-CramJones[/b]Well put Cram Jones, have always said that a massive revolution is needed by the youths of Nigeria to save the country. The future of Nigeria youths and their unborn children are being mortgaged by these worthless thieflicians running the country. No amount of prayer is going to help Nigeria. The people have to get tired of living on less than $2 a day while the leadership and their kleptomanic proxies are milking the country dry.

Lalasticlala ishilove
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Skywalker5(m): 9:22am On Jul 07, 2015
As long as we keep allowing tribal sentiments and godfathers in politics,Nigeria will never change. This bastards have been ruling us for so long as we keep letting them control Nigeria.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 07, 2015
grin grin
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Lamentation 100:1000
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ALISMILE(m): 9:34am On Jul 07, 2015
Rawani:

1. The reforms in the NNPC

2. The reforms in the DSS

3. The reforms in the Defence HQ

4. The awoken EFCC

These are off the top of my head, many more reforms are on the way, and will be sped up once the immediate distractions of BH and the National Assembly are taken care of. From the pattern of PMB's actions, he is clearly being strategic and calculative to avoid errors.

It will be well.
U forgot to tell him about d reforms currently on in d power sector! I ve personally felt that one mysef! For about 2yrs I battled to get meter! Immediatly dis gov came on board I got one! Our refineries will be wokin soon at optimal capacity! Dis are important refoms cos d pple will feel dem!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 07, 2015
The situation is worse than hopeless! A nation in which people live in fear. Terrorists in the north,ritualist and kidnappers in the south. Indeed a marriage of unequal partners", a forceful marriage by our colonial masters,all for their selfish interest. The different parties would have fared better separately but will the break up be possible at this time considering how far we have gone? And when you have a nation of ignorant people who expect sudden change not considering the size and population,you should be careful with your words during campaign. All in desperation to win ,he made promises that will take years to keep even more than four but will his followers understand that?even thou most of them especially the online warriors,out of Shame don't want to admit that this government will not bring the desired change. Now he will know what it is to be GEJ from 2011 to 2015.

Dollyak:
I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.
I truly feel sorry for buhari. His hands are tied

Nigerians have seen it all.

3 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 07, 2015
"The world was silent while we died"..Chinua Achebe.
Karma is indeed a b!tch!

Normality:
Well, when things expire, it starts going from worse to worst and becomes a killer agent.
1914-2014, Nigeria has expired, kill yourself for one Nigeria, na u suffer am.

Make no mistake, for killing 3.5million civilians and pretending like e never happen, karma is already hitting.

Don't think Nigeria will ever be good.

U can insult me as u like, but as long as u don't have good water or constant electricity, u are not gainfully employed, u can't afford good health care.
If u retire at night, heat and mosquito will distress u.
U can't afford to eat 3 square meals balanced meal consecutively for long, u can't have good justice system.
U can't even access loan nor mortgage easily

So if u cant do nor have any or all these, in this 21century, and u are jumping up and down shouting "One Nigeria", then I guess you are even worse than a baboon or monkey.
Baboons are at the top tho, monkeys are under the table, jumping about looking for banana, in this case, crumplets and pieces of left over items like the paid e-Rats, twitter warlords and jobless non-entitles all over the entire Nigerian webspace.

Udo diri unu.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by clevadani: 9:46am On Jul 07, 2015
I'll not deceive myself about the present condition of Nigeria. But I'll not lose hope in Nigeria. I believe in Nigeria and I'll not relent until I see the Nigeria of my dreams.
Until the youths realise that they are both the present and future of this country and start developing themselves to take up the leadership of this country,we'll not progress.

3 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by chinchum(m): 9:49am On Jul 07, 2015
So a 38 day old govt should turn mountain to valley. Only a sick fellow in the head, or a very gullble fellow who prefers initial gra gra from thiefing nigerian politicians will expect a mountain to valley change by now. At the very least 100 days

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 07, 2015
drnoel:
I never campaigned 4 change cos I knew from the onset that there was no sort of change to be had. It was just to entrone the northern califate who has always wanted power.

I'm a northerner but I think you're very right
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ALISMILE(m): 9:53am On Jul 07, 2015
bright87:

Fellow Compatriot, The only way out is the outright dissolution of Nigeria. Sincerely speaking, this is the bitter truth. We are not one as a people and can never be one, the earlier we all realize this fact the better for us all in this Country.. Sometimes people get along better being apart than being together.. You really need to live overseas to truly know that Nigeria is a failed and a demonic place to live in. Nigeria is a failed project, Biafra or no Biafra, we all need to go our own ways.. It's already more than a 100yrs of us being together as a Country and we still can't get things right. So better we all try being apart. My take !!!
Myopic minds keep talkin about going our separate ways! How do we go our separate ways? We shud dissolve along wat lines? Our problem in Nig is tribalism and self centeredness which even dissolution cannot solve! There is no region today that doesn't ve its own fair share of tribal problems! If u er talkin about dissolving are we goin to dissolve into 350 different countries? In my own local gov in d SS for example, we still ve ethnic problem among pple of same tribe! Our reluctance to grow is our problem? South Africa is developed not withstandin d fact dat d country is very obviously composed of whites and blacks! Wat is our problem? Don't call me ur compatriot because u obviously don't knw wat dat means!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by PAINGAIN: 9:59am On Jul 07, 2015
@op, u r right about saying only the people who have never been to a civilised country that think nigeria is d best country to live in. Naija is a joke, nigerian youths are jokers. Any time I visit nigeria I always notice that my country has expired. We should separate.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Kingspin(m): 10:04am On Jul 07, 2015
@cramjones
You dont hate any human being created by God rather u can dislike his behaviour. I know Nigerians were at danger. If people can kick against True federalism and the last national confab, then i know Nigeria as a country is not ready for good change. Take or leave it we can only make progress by forum like the national confab where national plan and injustices can be projected and settled nationally. And so, no talk no oneNigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Kingspin(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2015
cramjones:
It is about time every right thinking Nigeria begin to think of an alternative country to live in. Apart from the civil war, the last 6 years have been an unending war in Nigeria. How can any sane person think of building a future in a country where your life can be cut short at any moment? How can you call a country home where you cannot even succeed financially and walk the streets freely, or even have your family walk freely. A good example is my dear friend Chimamanda the whole world celebrates, yet her country rewarded her by kidnapping her father. Or is it Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who was rewarded by kidnapping her 82 year old fragile mom. Or is it the professor that was rewarded by being brutally murdered in the comfort of his home?

Why should any sane person keep thinking of living in Nigeria, when they campainged for CHANGE, when all the get is mass killings every other day? We do not blame PMB for the menace taking place in Nigeria, why should we even blame him? the travails of this country has really eaten deep. Why should anyone be proud of Nigeria, when Femi Fani-Kayode or is it Olukayode announed to the whole world that he will now be going abroad for his long over due medical checkup. Do we even have hospitals that can take care of anything anymore? Why should anyone keep dreaming of an illusionary Nigerian dream, when if the President gets a heart attack he will die within hours, for their is no hospital in the whole country with a standard ICU and with capabilities for cardiac stenting or catheterization.

A country where dead people lie on the street of Lagos, with no scintilla of help or emergency services by state! A country where people empty their account just go give birth "abroad" and make their children escape the horrors and de nove disadvantage of being a full Nigerian citizen. A country where mass killings have been made the norm with no state official commenting on over 500 innocent souls that have been killed in the past one month.
A country despite the massive potentials and wealth still wallows in disease, corruption, kidnapping, poverty and everything bad.

Truth be told, Nigeria has become a sinking ship, and needs to drown or fall off the cliff and then rebuilt again. For our youths to reach their full potential it is imperative for them to have their own revolution! Or at least start thinking of the nearest next African country to call home. Nigeria is a cooking hallogen gas in a hot air ballon that is about to pop and kill. It is coming, it must come, it is here!

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

-CramJones

Lalasticlala ishilove
If nigeria want to change you will know.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by sammybhaws(m): 10:16am On Jul 07, 2015
Nigeria is a scam!!
Just like bringing Israel and pakistan and tell them to live as one!
Well na the British colonials I dey blame for joining different people of different everything together all in the name of "a country"
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by jerryunit48: 10:21am On Jul 07, 2015
I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN THAT CRAMJONES IS A CONFUSED PERSON
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Yujin(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2015
azimibraun:
Each time I make any comment, I just feel God is watching me and fear will not let me say things I know are not true. It's a fact that it's so tempting to lie and deceive but is it worth it? Lies and rumors thrive more. But the real children of God will resist it.
You are very right azimibraun. But truth be told. This Nigeria will not last long. Its crystal clear for all to see but hatred and wickedness will not let many to acknowledge it. Nigeria was built on lies and deceit and its walls held with the blood and flesh of the innocents whose people are asked not to cry but just to seal their mouths and move on. It can never happen like that. Day after day many are crying asking for vengeance against this Nigeria and you think God will keep quiet? Pharoah only allowed the Israelites to go after atleast 1/10 of the Egyptians were slain by the angel of death. This is what Nigeria must face. Just like the comment I made sometimes 2yrs ago states that ten thousand chariots with no horseriders are on their way to Nigeria. They've arrived already. Nigerians will hate this Nigeria and beg and seek for forgiveness and restitution before a good change can come. Once again I say: death to this Nigeria.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Pataki: 5:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

but u said u will be compensated wif an SA appointment, what happened?
No hope or u r just not loyal?
Abi why fallout so early, is thr somethng u aint telling us mister?
Or r u like ffk, give him kulikuli n he will sing for u...

Don't be deceived. Cramjones is none other than FFK himself.

Once he sniffs his cocaine, he begins to speak from two sides of the mouth.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Adminisher: 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dollyak:
I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.
I truly feel sorry for buhari. His hands are tied

Nigerians have seen it all.

Please take your minority and unrealistic opinion and you know what to do with it . Every tribalistic misfit now finds it easy to write nonsense about Nigeria while cowardly ignoring the major problem which is corruption. Very odious trash couched in interlectual verbiage.
The world has no time for Biafra or the mad Boko Haram caliphate or any delusion from every young who finds it difficult to "get it up".
If you actually succeed at Biafra or Arewa or Oduduwa Republic no your problem has just started. Second slavery of the black man has started.

5 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Heffalump(m): 5:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Obijulius:
Change agent.

I thought you were amongst those that believed that GEJ was everything that was wrong with Nigeria.

It's too early to be giving up already.

Have a nightmare.

In as much as some of us never blamed GEJ for the insurgency in the country during his tenure, there were so many evil he committed. The pervasive corruption in his government made him liable to be hated by many. He is responsible for the present state of our economy and epileptic social life. Nigeria has never been this bad, even in military era.

GEJ supporters, please think wisely. I was once like you. A die-hard supporter of GEJ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by 1after: 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2015
NDPVF:
Truth confession.

The day yorubas will summon courage and work for the bulkanization of Nigeria,i will start taking them serious.

You cursed animals always look for a way to denigrate other tribes on every thread. The curse is really manifesting in your life that you cant do without screaming Yoruba. Go get a life little man

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by aresa: 5:28pm On Jul 09, 2015
#Change is not for fickle and unstable minds. Your country was subjected to rot and decay for decades so expecting #Change in a little over 1 month shows how unstable and unrealistic you are as a parson.

5 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ahaika23: 7:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
Save your tears!
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Dollyak(f): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Adminisher:

Please take your minority and unrealistic opinion and you know what to do with it . Every tribalistic misfit now finds it easy to write nonsense about Nigeria while cowardly ignoring the major problem which is corruption. Very odious trash couched in interlectual verbiage.
The world has no time for Biafra or the mad Boko Haram caliphate or any delusion from every young who finds it difficult to "get it up".
If you actually succeed at Biafra or Arewa or Oduduwa Republic no your problem has just started. Second slavery of the black man has started.
The first rule to sounding intelligent is to offer a rebuttal as to why the opposed argument is invalid. What you have up there is an empty rant.

2 Likes

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:18am On Jul 10, 2015
san316:
Good luck is responsible for this. He didn't take BH seriously. He allowed them to blossom and got deeply rooted in the country. How do we expect PMB to just decimate them in just a month? When GEJ led army was supposed to annihilate the insurgents, they were showing us footage of how BH members were running away. They got integrated into the society and are now blowing everyone up.

GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria but God willing, we shall prevail over the enemies. To hell with Biafra, cant wait to see their backs.

The footage is from a drone u slowpoke.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by hydeka: 8:06am On Jul 10, 2015
Lalasticlala, come and see this thread o! FP!
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Change2015(m): 8:12am On Jul 10, 2015
eleojo23:

What kind of contradictory and hypocritical statement is this?
You no longer believe in the Change you campaigned for (because you are beginning to see that those who promised it were insincere) but you still choose to hate Jonathan. Is Buhari not the one who promised change but has instead started on a very poor note in that regard?
I see that you are just trying not to fall out of favour with your fellow change agents.

Going by Buhari's campaign promises, we expected that he would hit the ground running but alas, the reverse is the case (The only thing we see is a 'slow motion without audio' approach from him)

Buhari is writing his own history and everything that has happened since May 29 will forever be recorded as events that occurred under his watch and his inactions so far (which have cost us a lot) will not easily be forgotten.

If you cannot understand the simple logic of this paragraph, what hope is there for you. A revolution is change of a different magnitude, but with mass ignorance such as yours on display, Nigeria will never experience a true revolution.

#change
#PMB
#APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Change2015(m): 8:15am On Jul 10, 2015
1after:

You cursed animals always look for a way to denigrate other tribes on every thread. The curse is really manifesting in your life that you cant do without screaming Yoruba. Go get a life little man

Between bulkanization and balkanisation... People can't even express themselves clearly, but feel they have a point to make?

#change
#PMB
#APC
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 10, 2015
No traffic in this Site today?

cramjones:

-CramJones

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by loomer: 9:27am On Jul 10, 2015
Na u know wetin u smoke.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by boyesola: 9:28am On Jul 10, 2015
too early to regret, you concluded that Jonathan failed us after 6years of his rule, this is one is not up to 2 mnths and you are angry. lets watch and see at least a year, then we can review, it can't be fast as you think.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by MrTemple(m): 9:32am On Jul 10, 2015
Most times I wonder what made people believed I this change propaganda, when it's actually coming from the same set of people.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Spells(m): 9:34am On Jul 10, 2015
I pity our countrymen decision, we act b4 we reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Have Raised Over ₦10 Million In 24 Hours For Peter Obi Campaign: Aisha Yesufu / Bode George To Bisi Akande: Withdraw Your Book, Apologise To Yoruba Elders / 14 APC Governors Shut Out As Amaechi, El-Rufai Lead 2019 Scheme - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.