Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,022 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion (32264 Views)

"Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / 'I Regret Campaigning For APC And President Buhari' - Twitter User / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
listen mister I don't have to be in Nigeria before I contribute to that nation's Gdp...last time I checked I have a business estabilishment down there. So what are you trying to tell me? If I relocate to Nigeria will it make your GDP grow in triple digits? That I live in Austria doesn't mean that the austrian govt benefits a lot from me[the taxes tho sad] you don't know me dear nor the nature of my business.I resides here and does business in just about any country you know.
Bt u too kno d rate at which u place ur importance on ur business in nigeria is lower than d way u place into other countries
*the tax u are paying over there u myt as well as used it to support atleast one educational system here*
Ok keep hating nigeria may d hatred not consume
Am happy if people avin d same mindset like u relocate to another country
And watch positivity at its peak
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

Bt u too kno d rate at which u place ur importance on ur business in nigeria is lower than d way u place into other countries
*the tax u are paying over there u myt as well as used it to support atleast one educational system here*
Ok keep hating nigeria may d hatred not consume
Am happy if people avin d same mindset like u relocate to another country
And watch positivity at its peak
i have a dream that nigeria will be great again. I've no time to hate on Nigeria-the mere thought is laughable-you see if you continue with this same mindset of yours Nigeria will keep dwindling. When it comes to business I place great importance to each of them wherever they might be...Nigeria,Japan e.t.c dänke.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
i have a dream that nigeria will be great again. I've no time to hate on Nigeria-the mere thought is laughable-you see if you continue with this same mindset of yours Nigeria will keep dwindling. When it comes to business I place great importance to each of them wherever they might be...Nigeria,Japan e.t.c dänke.
Then do something bck home uk usa and all their citizens assist d government too
Bt here we put all d stress on d government
Am not fytin tho bt d way everyone is talkin bou nigeria hurts me not cos am a nigerian bt cos am human
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:

Too intolerant is the right word. We are not mature enough to channel our diversity for the best interest of the country.

Very good. A woman who sees things as they are.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

Then do something bck home uk usa and all their citizens assist d government too
Bt here we put all d stress on d government
Am not fytin tho bt d way everyone is talkin bou nigeria hurts me not cos am a nigerian bt cos am human
it hurts me too. Nobody talks about nigeria negatively because they want to...i hardly do. But now and then we have to call a spade what it is. Yea I concur with you nigerians blaming the govt for everything and they expect too much from it. But to be sincere the govt hasn't been living up to expectations.

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by 2sizzlin(m): 12:31pm On Jul 10, 2015
God forbid I agree with you. Nigeria's dry bone shall rise again. People will struggle to enter this country!
Nigeria :the greenland!
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ibisko04: 12:37pm On Jul 10, 2015
cramjones:
It is about time every right thinking Nigeria begin to think of an alternative country to live in. Apart from the civil war, the last 6 years have been an unending war in Nigeria. How can any sane person think of building a future in a country where your life can be cut short at any moment? How can you call a country home where you cannot even succeed financially and walk the streets freely, or even have your family walk freely. A good example is my dear friend Chimamanda the whole world celebrates, yet her country rewarded her by kidnapping her father. Or is it Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala who was rewarded by kidnapping her 82 year old fragile mom. Or is it the professor that was rewarded by being brutally murdered in the comfort of his home?

Why should any sane person keep thinking of living in Nigeria, when they campainged for CHANGE, when all the get is mass killings every other day? We do not blame PMB for the menace taking place in Nigeria, why should we even blame him? the travails of this country has really eaten deep. Why should anyone be proud of Nigeria, when Femi Fani-Kayode or is it Olukayode announed to the whole world that he will now be going abroad for his long over due medical checkup. Do we even have hospitals that can take care of anything anymore? Why should anyone keep dreaming of an illusionary Nigerian dream, when if the President gets a heart attack he will die within hours, for their is no hospital in the whole country with a standard ICU and with capabilities for cardiac stenting or catheterization.

A country where dead people lie on the street of Lagos, with no scintilla of help or emergency services by state! A country where people empty their account just go give birth "abroad" and make their children escape the horrors and de nove disadvantage of being a full Nigerian citizen. A country where mass killings have been made the norm with no state official commenting on over 500 innocent souls that have been killed in the past one month.
A country despite the massive potentials and wealth still wallows in disease, corruption, kidnapping, poverty and everything bad.

Truth be told, Nigeria has become a sinking ship, and needs to drown or fall off the cliff and then rebuilt again. For our youths to reach their full potential it is imperative for them to have their own revolution! Or at least start thinking of the nearest next African country to call home. Nigeria is a cooking hallogen gas in a hot air ballon that is about to pop and kill. It is coming, it must come, it is here!

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

-CramJones

Let us keep our hopes alive. Yes Nigeria look discouraging as at now, but change is coming very soon.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by StephenJoseph(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2015
bright87:

Fellow Compatriot, The only way out is the outright dissolution of Nigeria. Sincerely speaking, this is the bitter truth. We are not one as a people and can never be one, the earlier we all realize this fact the better for us all in this Country.. Sometimes people get along better being apart than being together. You really need to live overseas to truly know that Nigeria is a failed and a demonic place to live in. Nigeria is a failed project, Biafra or no Biafra, we all need to go our own ways.. It's already more than a 100yrs of us being together as a Country and we still can't get things right. So better we all try being apart. My take !!!

@Bolded part, I sincerly agree with you on this. You are very correct!
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
it hurts me too. Nobody talks about nigeria negatively because they want to...i hardly do. But now and then we have to call a spade what it is. Yea I concur with you nigerians blaming the govt for everything and they expect too much from it. But to be sincere the govt hasn't been living up to expectations.

I kno i wish nigeria can pratise d classical school of thought which supports little government balanced budget and all
They also said dat government is a neccessary evil
*so right in nigeria*
Our politicians are all evil they dont realise dat wen they build good schools roads hospitals homes it leads to increase in productivity and which yield to increase income
Other politicians in other countries steals money too
Bt their citizens dont feel d pain cos there is increase in productivity and income
I guess all d economist dis country needs are all in business sector and are teaching
Non is in d political sector atall *tears*
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Johnsmartinyang(m): 12:47pm On Jul 10, 2015
DaBullIT:

Do not forget that the problems did not start when the change movement began, the problem started and continued to grow as a result of greed, power and impunity by the Tanoid Government since 1999 , Buhari has not spent a year, so i think you may be regretting too soon
How good was it before 1999? Pls stop the party and hate campaign we need a total reawakening in thinking etc......
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by FreeGlobe(f): 12:49pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:
[s]I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.
I truly feel sorry for buhari. His hands are tied

Nigerians have seen it all.[/s]
saying you feel sorry for a man with with inordinate and demonic ambition for power grabbing shows you are uninformed.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 10, 2015
All dis country needs is fiscal federalism like europe one body different ethnic rule and each can generate income independently of one another support each oda den there wud be peace cos each ethnic has d right to its happiness and saddness no one will interfere
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

I kno i wish nigeria can pratise d classical school of thought which supports little government balanced budget and all
They also said dat government is a neccessary evil
*so right in nigeria*
Our politicians are all evil they dont realise dat wen they build good schools roads hospitals homes it leads to increase in productivity and which yield to increase income
Other politicians in other countries steals money too
Bt their citizens dont feel d pain cos there is increase in productivity and income
I guess all d economist dis country needs are all in business sector and are teaching
Non is in d political sector atall *tears*
you don't have to cry dear...it won't change any thing. We can only hope for a better tomorrow.,even the few who want to change the country for good has been corrupted.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
you don't have to cry dear...it won't change any thing. We can only hope for a better tomorrow.,even the few who want to change the country for good has been corrupted.
*crying out loud*
Dont worry i will change it ok
Av faith in God
I will change it and remind u
*hugs* make ur wife no catch me hug u
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

*crying out loud*
Dont worry i will change it ok
Av faith in God
I will change it and remind u
*hugs* make ur wife no catch me hug u
hmmm...i hope you do. Have faith in God or whatever you believe in..okay? Lol...am not married and there is nothing bad in hugging people.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by alexlee50: 1:19pm On Jul 10, 2015
Poster u' hate Jonathan '. That is your personal conviction and I respect it. But blaming Jonathan for the way Nigeria is today is unfair. Was it Jonathan that caused the refineries to stop working? Is he the cause of the high unemployment rate? Was he the one that made lots of local industries to fold up? Is Jonathan the cause of the unstable naira? Is Jonathan the cause of the falling standard of education in Nigeria? Is he the cause of the high number of almajiri in the north and beggars/destitute in the south?if we as a people can answer these questions and others we would be able to proffer solution to the problems in this country. I also want you to remember that prior to Jonathan, this country has had other leaders mainly from the north. With the exception of aguyi Ironside, 6months,olusegun obasanjo,11years,Ernest shone Kansas, 5months.How was Nigeria under these other rulers? Where we living in a kind of Eldorado all these years and the coming of Jonathan reversed this trend. Please be fair, history cannot be distorted. The truth is that Nigeria was already bad before Jonathan came in, the expectations by a lot of youths on Jonathan when he came in was high, he did is best but fell short of expectations but he is not the cause of the problems in Nigeria, neither is he the worst leader we have had.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by leofab(f): 1:23pm On Jul 10, 2015
You mean Mental Revolution? Because government inept is only responsible for 30% of Nigerian problem; our problems lies with us as a society and not the government. What we need as a people is ' Collective and massive reorientation' as a nation. Just like Luggard made mention of; most nigerian are closer to animal than humans. Reorientation is the way to go... Maybe that is what you should campaign for right now..
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Eronmosele(m): 1:28pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dont you get it yet? What you say is right, looking at the surface. But do you sincerely think Nigeria will last as long as 16 years if the the events that have played in your just 30days should continue thus? Thats how I see it.
Rawani:
"Change is not made without inconvenience, even from worse to better" - Samuel Johnson

Fani Kayode has reclaimed this moniker and has continued his PDP campaign director role online.

Nigeria is hell to live in after 16 years of PDP rule, not after 30+ days of change.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by ProdigyLoco(m): 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2015
cramjones:

In summary, I hate Jonthan, I will give PMB a chance to save this sinking ship. Nevertheless, I won't have campainged for CHANGE but for a massive revolution.

-CramJones

what a stupid way to conclude a well written article.... FOH despite all the darkness in this country i still a glimmer of hope in the way we the YOUTHS are becoming innovative in diffrent areas 9ja will make it
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by tola268: 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2015
Dollyak:
I kind of agree with you. Seriously, the more you look at it the more you see how hopeless the situation is. Nigeria is simply too big and diverse for her own good. Available evidence have shown, that this marriage of unequal partners and perhaps force integration was to facilitate British administrative purposes. We have all seen the aftermath of this colonial error which was promoted after independence by our own ingenious compradoes. Our very security apparatus in the country have been compromised or failed depicting a clear case of a fail-state. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. I doubt any of our forefathers would've agreed to this relationship if they knew Nigeria would turn out like this.
I truly feel sorry for buhari. His hands are tied

Nigerians have seen it all.
The fault is from our leaders, they see true they call it false, they handle white they call it black, they see right they call it left, they turned child to slave, they turned thugs as kings and they worship them

1 Like

Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by dejol88: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
Honestly, this is not about buhari and change.But the truth is that we missed the opportunity of the national conference would have birthed.Politics had becloud our sense of judgement. We ought to have come out en mass and talk about out unity for us to have a real progress alas we did otherwise.
ojukwu once said ,the more we try to be together, more divided we are. If you have ever transverse this country , you would agree , that the best for us is to go our separate ways. We do not share same values , religion and belief.
I think we youth can look at our history and the present state and demand for dissolution of this marriage .It has never worked in the last 100 years ,and i doubt it would eva work
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 10, 2015
eleojo23:

What kind of contradictory and hypocritical statement is this?
You no longer believe in the Change you campaigned for (because you are beginning to see that those who promised it were insincere) but you still choose to hate Jonathan. Is Buhari not the one who promised change but has instead started on a very poor note in that regard?
I see that you are just trying not to fall out of favour with your fellow change agents.

Going by Buhari's campaign promises, we expected that he would hit the ground running but alas, the reverse is the case (The only thing we see is this 'slow motion without audio' approach from him)

Buhari is writing his own history and everything that has happened since May 29 will forever be recorded as events that occurred under his watch and his inactions so far (which have cost us a lot) will not easily be forgotten.

It seems the guy is misplace by his hypocritical and contradictory statement, the guy is among who agitate for change and now he is seeing d change in locomotive n reverse way. The change they were looking for is as a result of hatred for Jonathan and their selfish ideology that states that; non-muslim should not be allowed to rule them, as stated in their book. If he like let him go to moon n stay, I know that GOD is seeing the evil in their heart n they will pay for it, one day.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by sophiecoleen(f): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2015
there was a country....
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
hmmm...i hope you do. Have faith in God or whatever you believe in..okay? Lol...am not married and there is nothing bad in hugging people.

Chai *did u say wateva i bliv in *
U av shook cutlass tru my throat
I bliv in God o
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by leofab(f): 1:50pm On Jul 10, 2015
san316:
Good luck is responsible for this. He didn't take BH seriously. He allowed them to blossom and got deeply rooted in the country. How do we expect PMB to just decimate them in just a month? When GEJ led army was supposed to annihilate the insurgents, they were showing us footage of how BH members were running away. They got integrated into the society and are now blowing everyone up.

GEJ is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria but God willing, we shall prevail over the enemies. To hell with Biafra, cant wait to see their backs.
how dull can you be? How can fight an ideology?
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by dejol88: 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2015
bro i totally disagree with him. We need to be honest with ourselves for us to be prosperous.He has raise good points about about countries that are more biggger than us , more ethnic group yet thriving. let me remind him , those countries have one thing going for them as a nation.
china share almost the same belief system(atheist). indian(hindus) etc.The world has really changed to be honest ,which has affected our relationships. Am not good at typing but i know that when you continue using same drug for same illness , which has continue to show no sign of improvement , u try another one
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by dejol88: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
Id4Jesus:
I hate it when I see a nice write up replete with sentiments. You people keep spewing trash about dis Biafra thing. Let me make it explicitly clear to you and your likes. Niger delta will not and will never be part of Biafra because your south east in all honesty has little or nothing to bring to the table. It still baffles me beyond explication why u don't hold all ur governors responsible for your sorry situation. From 1999 till date, tell me one governor who has done fairly well from the south east. They loot ur treasury at will but u and ur likes see nothing wrong with that. I'm saying this for the umpteenth time, WE ARE NOT PART OF UR BIAFRA!

honestly brother, I think we biafra should make it only igbo entity.That my wish .you keep thinking igbos has nothing to bring to the table , bro u are wrong.Our enterprising nature would sustain us.wuthout oil what else can niger delta bring to the table.same oil that exist in igbo land
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:

Chai *did u say wateva i bliv in * U av shook cutlass tru my throat I bliv in God o
if you believe in God...good.
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jul 10, 2015
loksman:
if you believe in God...good.
Dont u bliv in God too
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by amaben2020(m): 2:09pm On Jul 10, 2015
It's dullardinhoes fault
Re: Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2015
halfrica:
Dont u bliv in God too
yea...to a certain extent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari Meets With Osinbajo, Akpabio, Saraki, Dogara At The Villa.Photos / Muric Condemns Akwa Ibom Govt For Fixing Exam On Salah Day / Tinubu’s St Paul Aroloya Primary School Never Existed, Plaintiff Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.