Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt (28051 Views)

Wike Leads The Arrest Of 15 Mechanics In Rivers Over Black Soot. PICS / Army Hands Over 275 Boko Haram Detainees To Borno State Government (photos) / APC Refutes Alleged Relocation Of Boko-haram Detainees To Anambra - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by Filmewell(f): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Utchman1:
Please we have to understand that there is an institution called Nigeria Prison Service.

They have the right to send prisoners to any prison deemed fit across the country.

This has nothing to do with Buhari. We should learn to be constructive in our criticism.

The man has been in power for barely 5 weeks and you believe that little issues like where prisoners are transfered to is what he will engage in.

I am in Port Harcourt and I tell you one thing, I do kit care if these prisoners are brought here.

We should not make an issue out of everything. The same people from the SE whom are threatening with Biafra are now scared of Boko Haram prisoners.
i pray you will not swallow your constructive criticism.
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by unclejb2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
mormoni:
Weda south oo, abi north ooo. Na still Nigeria. Baaba keep transferring them
U will soon die, either by suicide via bombing or in the hands of ur Boko Haram brothers and sisters.
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by unclejb2(m): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
Buhari is paying back the SE and SS for not voting him. Ethnic Vendetta in play if this story is true
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by Greatfes17: 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Buhari the architect behind the building BH
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by Octaves(m): 3:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
Buhari has a plan mana oga eti ya n'isi. My anger is with some of my over sabi igbo brothers that still think one Nigeria is the way and they even voted for this man. I keep telling them Nigeria is not one. These ppl don't have your interest at heart. They dont wish u well. Use ur brain. Forget all the 'dont vote based on on where he's from bla bla'. Naija is not that kinda country. They themselves are yet to do that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by fireforfire: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
mormoni:
Weda south oo, abi north ooo. Na still Nigeria. Baaba keep transferring them
u must b one of dem
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by adetboy: 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
[quote author=enkay2go post=35649777]Blood of God! How did we get here? In the space of two months? He should move them to the[b] south west[/b] too na. Buhari needs his brain examined.[/quote

If I hear say u mention SW again! The trouble wey he don gv Jagaban never reach? Abeg make una dey enjoy d dividend of CHANGE
Re: Fear In Rivers Over Alleged Transfer Of Boko Haram Detainees To P-harcourt by kayalla(f): 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2015
OKDnigeria:
PORT HARCOURT—Rivers State chapter of Civil
Liberties Organisation, CLO, Wednesday alleged
that some Boko Haram detainees had been
transferred to the prison in Port Harcourt.

Publicity/Research Secretary of the rights body,
Livingstone Wechie, in a statement, said that
though there was no official comment from any of
the security agencies, a top security source within
the prison service disclosed the development to
the organisation.

“Although the authorities may deny and make this
development an unfounded secret, there is no
basis for this action by the authorities involved,”
he said.

He expressed worry that the development could
impact negatively on the area if the situation was
not well managed.

“Ordinarily, terrorists’ inmates should be kept in
isolated maximum facilities because keeping them
with other ordinary criminals will give them room
to indoctrinate other inmates particularly since the
Port Harcourt prison is already over congested,”
he added.

No official of the Nigeria Prison Service was ready
to comment on the allegation, following
Vanguard’s inquiry.

Meantime, spokesman of Governor Nyesom Wike,
Mr Opubo Nko-Tariah, said that the state
government was not aware of the alleged
development.

“I can’t attest to the veracity of the story. However,
should there be an ounce of truth in the transfer
story, the Rivers State Government should know so
that adequate measures can be put in place in
partnership with the Federal Government. Although
the prisons belong to the Federal Government, the
state government will be blamed for any havoc
wreaked on residents if and when there is a jail
break,” he said.

He wondered why the prisoners would be
transferred to the state when Port Harcourt does
not have a heavily fortified prison for such
inmates.

www.vanguardngr.com/2015/07/fear-in-rivers-as-clo-alleges-transfer-of-boko-haram-detainees-to-p-harcourt-prisons/

he is spreading and planting his boys in the SE and co thee next thing Nigeria will turn t Iraq where Muslims start killing Christians. that the plans.

if there is anything to do now is the best time do it, in few months we might not be able to.

May God help us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

These four (4) Cities Are Competing Amongst Themselves, Wch Is Winning (pics) / Police Shoot Protesters In Rivers During Peaceful Procession / Omoyele Sowore Writes About His Ongoing Arrest (Snapshots, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.