Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45176 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by 5minsmadness: 9:56am On Jul 12, 2015
christaddicted:
THE NIV WAHALA!

I have had to address privately questions bordering on the NIV and the name of Jesus. Some of the inquiries are through my inbox while others are direct.

I didn't consider it worth troubling myself about but since the faith of many is being rattled I'm obligated to talk. FIRST, let me say that I've used NIV all my life and find it very good. I also find it worrisome that those calling it names demand that it be torn or burnt. NEXT, let me say that the Bible does not warn only against removals from but also additions to the Bible. Having said that, the critics have not proven to us that the KJV with which they judge the other versions is not an addition to the word of God.

THIRD, the criticisms assume the KJV is the original bible. That is not so. The KJV like the NIV and other versions, is a translation from the original manuscripts which are in Hebrew, Greek and aramaic. To verify the accuracy of any version therefore will require comparison with the original manuscripts and not other versions. To do this one has to not only be versatile with the original languages but also the science of translation known as TEXTUAL CRITICISM.

I happen to be introduced to elementary knowledge of textual criticism while doing a masters degree in theology at the evangel theological seminary Jos. I can tell you that I've not yet found any reason to rate the NIV anything less than the best scholarly work on translation of the bible.

I know that ZONDERVAN is nothing but a printing press. It is not responsible for the translation of the Bible. It also has published many other sound Christian literature as well as many ungodly ones. NIV was a work done in 1964/65. From the claims of the critics Zondervan was bought over in 1998, 34yrs later. How can that nullify the accuracy of the NIV. AGAIN, I observed that all the "missing" texts are footnoted by the translators.

FINALLY, I have been around for sometime in this race. This is not the first time it's coming. it wont be the last. I think that this is an attack on the Bible. The devil does not want the Bible in the people's language. He fought it at the beginning killing Tyndale and co for translating the bible from the vulgate (the Latin version by Jerome) to English. NIV employed the principle of dynamic equivalent in translation which simplifies the language without losing the force of the truth as in the paraphrases. The KJV is the product of literal translation and is limited to the Masoretic texts of the Bible.

My take is own as versions as you can afford and use the one that best guarantees the understanding of the truths therein.

This is not exhaustive but I hope it can give you peace in these perilous times. God bless you all and keep you blameless until his coming day.

Bishop cnc
Followed by this.
Thread closed.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2015
Gaidenk:

Your quran is a perverted version of the Bible,created from every pervertion from the Torah in the bible. You soon realize the deceit and the fact that the Catholic church has a hand in creating islam,That allah
is a persian idol and Mohammed was deceived by a demon when he thought he heard an angel.. Soon you will. Shallom.

The weed you smoked is a very strong one cheesy
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2015
I don't know where these Muslims get the nonsense they always talk about from. Here is another verse that says that the gift of prophecy was placed among the descendants of Isaac and Jacob.

“And We gave him Isaac and Jacob; and We placed among his descendants the gift of prophecy and the Scriptures; and We gave him his reward in this world, and in that to come he shall be one of the righteous.” (Al Ankabut 29:25).

How did mohammed become a prophet when the gift was not given to his father Ismael? You guys have to open your eyes and see that mohammed was a fake prophet. He created his own religion out of jealousy for the Jews.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Crocz(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2015
sonofananimal1:
SO WHAT DID YOU WANT US TO DOangry
BY THE LOOK OF THINGS, YOU ARE NOT A STRONG CHRISTIAN BUT RATHER BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE INFRONT OF YOU OR THE OPINION OF A MAN.

WHY CANT YOU JUST DO A SOLID RESEARCH ABOUT IT. YOU CANT JUST BE A BABY CHRISTIAN FOREVER.

NOW WHAT YOU JUST DID, YOU CONFUSED ALOT OF PEOPLE, EVEN ALL THE BIBLE YOU SEE, THERE HAVE REMOVE ALOT SCRITPURE AND SO ON. HAVE YOU EVER ASK YOURSELF HOW THE BIBLE CAME ABOUT? WHAT SERIES OF SCROLL WAS COMBINE? I GUESS NOT.

NEXT TIME THINK BEFORE YOU DO SOME CERTAIN THINGS, AND START WORKING BY FAITH AND NOT BY MAN OPINION.
Bros why u dey vex na?...every book always go through criticism and scrutiny...we all owe it to humanity to establish the authenticity of any Book. So you mean everybody should just sail on in blind faith when clearly the Bible, The Word of God, has been doctored? undecided
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
.............ogbeni go n read Islamic history.

Ali ibn Abi Talib (d. 661) compiled a complete
version of the Quran shortly after
Muhammad's death. The order of this text
differed from that gathered later during
Uthman's era in that this version had been
collected in chronological order. Despite this,
he made no objection against the standardized
Quran and accepted the Quran in circulation.
Other personal copies of the Quran might have
existed including Ibn Mas'ud 's and Ubay ibn
Ka'b 's codex, none of which exist today.

What you don't know is that the Quran, as it is today, is at it was hundreds of years ago.
All this your compilation story means nothing.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2015
menxer:

I think your analysis is faulty.
Was the father of Moses a prophet?
were the fathers of Elijah, Elisha, Ezekiel, etc Prophets?
That Joseph the father of Jesus was not a prophet does not mean Jesus Christ was not a prophet?

Going by your analysis of that scripture you quoted, we should have only "two" prophets.
My friend, don't make me say you lack understanding. Open your eyes and read, open your brain and understand. Isaac and Jacob is a linage, that verse wasn't talking about them alone but their descendants also. What the verse is saying is that Ismael and his descendants cannot be prophets of God. If you look at the Bible, you will notice that all the prophets from Genesis -Revelation were Israelites. God made the Israelites the preachers of His word. An Ismaelite cannot teach an Israelite the ways of the Lord. It is impossible. It should be the other way round.

“And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob as an additional gift; and We made all of them righteous persons; We made them also leaders, that they might guide others by Our command.
And We inspired them to do good works, the observance of prayer, and the giving of alms; and they served Us.” (Al Anbia 21:69, 70)

This is from the so called quran....
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

What you don't know is that the Quran, as it is today, is at it was hundreds of years ago.
All this your compilation story means nothing.
...........bro do you know ur Quran is not COMPLETE....... during compilation hundreds of jihadi fighters who had d Quran by heart died...... so they had to collect d ones that are alive n compile it.....what happens to dose ones dt died........I don't think u understand wah am saying
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 10:06am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
My friend, don't make me say you lack understanding. Open your eyes and read, open your brain and understand. Isaac and Jacob is a linage, that verse wasn't talking about them alone but their descendants also. What the verse is saying is that Ismael and his descendants cannot be prophets of God. If you look at the Bible, you will notice that all the prophets from Genesis -Revelation were Israelites. God made the Israelites the preachers of His word. An Ismaelite cannot teach an Israelite the ways of the Lord. It is impossible. It should be the other way round.
........am just surprised at how dis Muslims mix up ordinary people with prophets!!!....one of them came to me telling me Abraham is a prophet!!!!!very absurd

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:11am On Jul 12, 2015
Gaidenk:

Beelzebub won't fight against its own. The quran is a pervertion,why would satan bother to change it? The Words in The Bible is truth,so satan will fight it,try to pervert it. What does he stand to gain to try and change the words of the quran? Mohammed didn't hear an angel,he heard an evil spirit and its written in your quran
Narrated Jundub bin Sufyan:
Once Allah's Apostle became sick and could not
offer his night prayer (Tahajjud) for two or three
nights. Then a lady (the wife of Abu Lahab) came
and said, "O Muhammad! I think that your
Satan has forsaken you, for I have not seen
him with you for two or three nights!" On that
Allah revealed: 'By the fore-noon, and by the
night when it darkens, your Lord (O Muhammad)
has neither forsaken you, nor hated you.' (93.1-3)
( Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number
475)

Go back to school and learn comprehension
The wife of Abu Lahab is a stern enemy of the prophet. She set road traps serveral times for the holy prophet and made him suffer.
Your sense of justifying the words of the wife of Abu lahab to meaning Satan is the lord of muhammad shows how u lack reasoning. She saying that is just as mockery of the prophet. So then Allah revealed to muhammed that he is with him so as to calm his mind from the slander of the Wife of Abu lahab. And mind you Quran 111 is there for u to know the stance of Abu Lahab and his wife.

Go to Quran 111 Surah al masad verses 1-5

1. Perish the two hands of Abu Lahab (an uncle of
the Prophet), and perish he!
2. His wealth and his children (etc.) will not
benefit him!
3. He will be burnt in a Fire of blazing flames!
4. And his wife too, who carries wood (thorns of
Sadan which she used to put on the way of the
Prophet, or use to slander him).
5. In her neck is a twisted rope of Masad (palm
fibre).

Go and make your research about the deeds of Abu lahab and his wife to the prophet. They were strong haters of the prophet.

So try again.

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Iceduhu(m): 10:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Very interesting topic....This issue is havoring across most religion, cos even the Holy Quran now is subjected to mutilation by some hypocrites...Seeking knowledge is the utmost challenge to all individuals now so as to avoid been mislead...The Muslims give priority to learning Arabic which was the original Language the Quran was written, so wud advice we all seek for depth knwoledge in all ramification and leave the rest to God... He knows best
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 12, 2015
Crocz:

Bros why u dey vex na?...every book always go through criticism and scrutiny...we all owe it to humanity to establish the authenticity of any Book. So you mean everybody should just sail on in blind faith when clearly the Bible, The Word of God, has been doctored? undecided
ALL I AM TRYING TO SAY IS THAT, THERE ARE MANY BABES CHRISTIAN GROWING IN FAITH, DON'T JUST CONFUSED THEM, THE MESSAGE YOU SUPPOSE TO GIVE OUT IS LOVE AND THE KINGDOM, NOT CRITICISM.

IF YOU CHECK THE HISTROY OF BIBLE, MANY PEOPLE HAS PUT THERE LIFE JUST TO BRING THE BIBLE FOR COMMON INDIVIDUAL LIKE US.

YES THE WORLD OF GOD HAVE BEING ALTARTED MANY TIME AND MANY CENTURY. THE BASIC THING IS THAT YOU USE YOUR FAITH TO KNOW WHICH IS IT. IF YOU HAVE A DOUPT ABOUT NIV, WHILE NOT CHANGE TO ANOTHER VERSION.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 10:16am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:

I agree that the bible has errors but I totally disagree that the quran is a correction to the Bible. You are highly mistaken. The quran was made up to contend with the Holy Bible. Mohammed had no right to become a prophet. His lineage was never given that blessing.

You agreed that the bible has errors, so what gave you the rationale that his lineage was never given blessing?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2015
Rilwayne001:

You agreed that the bible has errors, so what gave you the rationale that his lineage was never given blessing?
See this guy ooo. I quoted from your quran. The Bible and the quran agree to that fact. He was given blessings but na ordinary blessings them give am. If I quote from the Bible you won't believe me, so I took time to quote from your quran.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by menxer: 10:23am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:

“And We bestowed on him Isaac and Jacob as an additional gift; and We made all of them righteous persons; We made them also leaders, that they might guide others by Our command.
And We inspired them to do good works, the observance of prayer, and the giving of alms; and they served Us.” (Al Anbia 21:69, 70)

This is from the so called quran....

...Come let us reason together...

lets assume the gift of prophesy follows strict genealogy, Are you saying the children of Ishmael and Isaac did not intermarry ever?
If a woman that descended from the lineage of prophets gets married to a descendant of Ishmael, and bore him a child, would that child be denied the prophetic trait?

if Abraham was a prophet, how come the prophetic trait was denied/removed from genes of the descendants of Ishmael?

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 10:26am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
...........if you can tell me d name of all d whole people that crammed d Quran off heart during d time of Mohammad then I will tell u who wrote d Pentateuch

Hmmmmm....This is ridiculous. Better still, tell me you know nothing about the faith you profess instead of showing the level of you chowderhead.

For ur info I don't know wat Mohammad made u believe buh there is a clear distinction between a prophet n a king!!!! David was never a prophet.

What makes one a PROPHET according to the bible?

...I can list some of d prophets of old who backed dis claim wit miracles from God.....Adam is not a prophet also....Moses was a prophet...Elijah n Elisha was a prophet.... so bro go thru d bible n understand simple English instead of depending on messenger Mohammad!!!!!

I can you you have boycotted every question I asked in my last post, but please don't let this pass, was ABRAHAM a prophet or not? What miracles did he performe?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
...........bro do you know ur Quran is not COMPLETE....... during compilation hundreds of jihadi fighters who had d Quran by heart died...... so they had to collect d ones that are alive n compile it.....what happens to dose ones dt died........I don't think u understand wah am saying

Lmaoo. I don't debate with people like you. You know so little. cheesy
Please go deep in your research next time.

One love.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Zeddicus001(m): 10:27am On Jul 12, 2015
Bible with version.... Lmao.. What about KJV did u knw that king James was gay
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 10:28am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

God bless u

Thanks Boss...God bless you too smiley
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by MEILYN(m): 10:33am On Jul 12, 2015
menxer:

...Come let us reason together...

lets assume the gift of prophesy follows strict genealogy, Are you saying the children and of Ishmael and Isaac did not intermarry ever?
If a woman that descended from the lineage of prophets gets married to a descendant of Ishmael, would that child be denied the prophetic trait?
I have answers to all your questions. The father is the seed. Although intermarriage was a crime in the old testament. The Bible says the father makes the lineage, a woman cannot determine the lineage of a child.

Numbers 1vs 11

And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, by their polls.

You can read that verse to verse 19 to understand better.

Oga if an Israelite woman marries an Ismaelite man, then the child cannot be a prophet because the child is an Ismaelite. Is that too hard to understand?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 12, 2015
@Ishilove.... I had advice you and every Christain to get Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible for KJV and use it.Again you can use Interlinear and lexicons.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Brytawon(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2015
For the kingdom of hell shall not prevail over us...
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mubarakopeyemi(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:
........sorry I taught u were highly educated....OK I will break it down for you.....we all know Mohammad performed no miracle a and DAT doubt his authenticity as a prophet..... why should I believe him

You saying that Muhammad performed no miracle shows how low you level of research is
grin

Christians often ask what miracles the prophet
Muhammad performed; many of u even make the
claim that the Quran and the hadiths record no
miracles done by the prophet. However so, it seems
that I am reading a different Quran and hadith then,
because you would have to be blind, or a big liar to
claim that there are no recorded miracles of the
prophet found in Islamic sources.

The Traditions mentioned below are all from Sahih
al-Bukhari, the most authentic collection of ahadith

1- Splitting of the Moon
"The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been
cleft asunder" [Qur'an 54:1]

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 388:
Narrated Abdullah:
The moon was cleft asunder while we were in the
company of the Prophet, and it became two parts.
The Prophet said, Witness, witness (this miracle)."

2- Food Multiplication

Sahih Bukahri: Volume 4, Book 56, Number 780:
Narrated Jabir:
My father had died in debt. So I came to the Prophet and said, "My father (died) leaving unpaid debts, and I have nothing except the yield of his date palms; and their yield for many years will not cover his debts. So please come with me, so that the creditors may not misbehave with me." The Prophet went round one of the heaps of dates and invoked (Allah), and then did the same with another heap and sat on it and said, "Measure (for them)." He paid them their rights and what remained was as much as had been paid to them.

3- Water Multiplication
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 779:
Narrated 'Abdullah:
We used to consider miracles as Allah's Blessings,
but you people consider them to be a warning. Once we were with Allah's Apostle on a journey, and we ran short of water. He said, "Bring the water
remaining with you." The people brought a utensil
containing a little water. He placed his hand in it and said, "Come to the blessed water, and the Blessing is from Allah." I saw the water flowing from among the fingers of Allah's Apostle , and no doubt, we heard the meal glorifying Allah, when it was being eaten (by him).

Volume 4, Book 56, Number 777:
Narrated Al-Bara:
We were one-thousand-and-four-hundred persons
on the day of Al-Hudaibiya (Treaty), and (at) Al-
Hudaibiya (there) was a well. We drew out its water
not leaving even a single drop. The Prophet sat at
the edge of the well and asked for some water with
which he rinsed his mouth and then he threw it out
into the well. We stayed for a short while and then
drew water from the well and quenched our thirst,
and even our riding animals drank water to their
satisfaction.

4- Supplication for Rain
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 115:
Narrated Anas:
A man came to the Prophet on a Friday while he (the Prophet) was delivering a sermon at Medina, and said, "There is lack of rain, so please invoke your Lord to bless us with the rain." The Prophet looked at the sky when no cloud could be detected. Then he invoked Allah for rain. Clouds started gathering together and it rained till the Medina valleys started flowing with water. It continued raining till the next Friday. Then that man (or some other man) stood up while the Prophet was delivering the Friday sermon, and said, "We are drowned; Please invoke your Lord to withhold it (rain) from us" The Prophet smiled and said twice or thrice, "O Allah! Please let it rain round about us and not upon us." The clouds started dispersing over Medina to the right and to the left, and it rained round about Medina and not upon Medina. Allah showed them (the people) the miracle of His Prophet and His response to his invocation.

5- Lights to guide Companions
Volume 1, Book 8, Number 454:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:
Two of the companions of the Prophet departed
from him on a dark night and were led by two lights
like lamps (going in front of them from Allah as a
miracle) lighting the way in front of them, and when
they parted, each of them was accompanied by one
of these lights till he reached their (respective)
houses.

6- Crying of the stem of the Date-palm Tree
Volume 4, Book 56, Number 783:
Narrated Ibn Umar:
The Prophet used to deliver his sermons while
standing beside a trunk of a datepalm. When he had
the pulpit made, he used it instead. The trunk
started crying and the Prophet went to it, rubbing
his hand over it (to stop its crying).

8- The Prophet's Night Journey to Jerusalem (Arabic:
Israa) and Ascent to the Heavens (Arabic: Miraj)
Volume 5, Book 58, Number 228:
Narrated Ibn 'Abbas:
Regarding the Statement of Allah"
"And We granted the vision (Ascension to the
heavens) which We made you see (as an actual eye
witness) was only made as a trial for the people." (17.60)

Ibn Abbas added: The sights which Allah's Apostle
was shown on the Night Journey when he was taken
to Bait-ul Maqdis (i.e. Jerusalem) were actual sights,
(not dreams). And the Cursed Tree (mentioned) in
the Quran is the tree of Zaqqum (itself) .
Volume 4, Book 54, Number 462:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:
The Prophet said, "On the night of my Ascent to the
Heaven, I saw Moses who was a tall brown curly-
haired man as if he was one of the men of Shan'awa
tribe, and I saw Jesus, a man of medium height and
moderate complexion inclined to the red and white
colors and of lank hair. I also saw Malik, the gate-
keeper of the (Hell) Fire and Ad-Dajjal amongst the
signs which Allah showed me." (The Prophet then
recited the Holy Verse): "So be not you in doubt of
meeting him' when you met Moses during the night
of Mi'raj over the heavens" (32.23)
Narrated Anas and Abu Bakra: "The Prophet said,
"The angels will guard Medina from Ad-Dajjal (who
will not be able to enter the city of Medina)."

A fellow human needs enlightenment.
Try again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by shomutuski(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2015
BIBLE: big book of irrelevant lies and exaggeration. Itz
something like an Os. You just keep updating, and that's where error comes from. Don't blame Me Blame the person that made this statement. Bart .D. Erman. For the record! There are a lot of things scraped out of the bible since time immemorial to hide the truth, I don't know why! Buh it seems some people want overpopulation in Hell.. Search for truth and it will guide you.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2015
doofanc:

Many Christians have a very, very hard time accepting this. I think it has to do with wrongly applying Biblical references that point to its inerrancy (2tim3:16). I do believe the original divinely inspired manuscripts were without error to the last dotted 'i' or crossed 't'. Those manuscripts are unfortunately no longer available. Like you rightly observed, what we have are translations made by fallible humans. They may contain errors.

I think the danger of hanging fastidiously to every single word in our translated Bibles as inerrant is that once the atheists are able to point out apparent irreconcilable inconsistencies (most likely brought about by translational errors), the faith is seriously shaken, sometimes irredeemably. Many previously great scholars (e.g. Bart Erhman) fall into this group.

On this board you see numerous "gotcha" threads by atheists (MizJanet etal) or even muslims claiming to have come across such inconsistencies. And yes, in some cases Christians do have a hard time explaining some of them. As William Craig put it, yeah there are some minor errors, so what?? Do any the undermine the central message of the scriptures, which is Christ? Definitely not. The Bible still remains and will be God's gift to man.

Lastly those claiming KJV as the only 'authentic' translation obviously haven't taken time to research its history. I personally use many translations for my study, which I can always compare, and of course asking the Holy Spirit for guidance.

BTW what the name of that app you're using?

Nice one Bro.

It's always a pleasure 'meeting' someone who reads, who understands, and still believes. Most Christians are afraid to read anything other than what their Pastors/Reverend fathers dish out to them, because they're afraid their faith will be shaken. But I welcome anything that has the potential to shake my faith; how else would I claim to be sure of what I believe in?

I understand, that I may believe, rather than follow blind faith in believing without understanding.

The application is 'Multi version Bible', an android app.

I greet you!
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by KLand(m): 10:42am On Jul 12, 2015
Lordave:
well, very few people take the bible serious.

But before you move this topic to front page, ensure you do the same to the original thread so that the original OP won't feel cheated.

I beg to differ• It is still the most widely read book.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by BizBayo: 10:42am On Jul 12, 2015
haftob:
If u read the original bible transcripts written in Aramyc,u'll become a muslim. But it's nt easy to come across these transcripts as they are stocked in the vatican library and nt available to just anybody as it's very confidential because of the contents.

why would it make a person to turn muslim after reading the aramaic?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by shomutuski(m): 10:49am On Jul 12, 2015
ideatoprince18:

If you really want to understand search for the truth, and truth you shall get... First clear your mind of being biased. The quran will remain the way it is, regardless of western oppression. The bible has changed from 4 different version: jv, kjv, niv etc. No offense. I challenge you to search for the truth.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ideatoprince18(m): 10:50am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Lmaoo. I don't debate with people like you. You know so little. cheesy
Please go deep in your research next time.

One love.
.....I made a mistake answering you in d first place....I noticed u are logically declined
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Rilwayne001: 10:52am On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
See this guy ooo. I quoted from your quran. The Bible and the quran agree to that fact. He was given blessings but na ordinary blessings them give am. If I quote from the Bible you won't believe me, so I took time to quote from your quran.

"And Isma'il and Elisha, and Jonas, and Lot: and to all We gave favour above the nations : (The Noble Quran, 6:86) "

"And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation. (From the KJV Bible, Genesis 17:20-21)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by shomutuski(m): 10:54am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

The wife of Abu Lahab is a stern enemy of the prophet. She set road traps serveral times for the holy prophet and made him suffer.
Your sense of justifying the words of the wife of Abu lahab to meaning Satan is the lord of muhammad shows how u lack reasoning. She saying that is just as mockery of the prophet. So then Allah revealed to muhammed that he is with him so as to calm his mind from the slander of the Wife of Abu lahab. And mind you Quran 111 is there for u to know the stance of Abu Lahab and his wife.

benefit him!
fibre).

Go and make your research about the deeds of Abu lahab and his wife to the prophet. They were strong haters of the prophet.

Did you see what dat fvcker did He changed everything, from lahab wife to prop(pbuh). There's no way for all this unbelievers except by Allah's mercy.
Suratul baqarah- Allah has sealed their hearts and their ears, and on their eyes is a covering. and for them is a terrible punishment.

So try again.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by voltront: 10:54am On Jul 12, 2015
sportsmaster:
KJV is still the most consistent Translation.
hmmmm. The word "consistent" should worry every christian, does this mean that there different variation out there? If yes, which is the correct one. If no,why the variations in the first place?.......Food for thought.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by shomutuski(m): 10:59am On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

benefit him!
fibre).

So try again.

Did you see what dat fvcker did He changed everything, from lahab wife to prop(pbuh). There's no way for all this unbelievers except by Allah's mercy.
Suratul baqarah- Allah has sealed their hearts and their ears, and on their eyes is a covering. and for them is a terrible punishment.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman In University Of Ibadan For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / Reno Omokri Writes About Wedding, Christianity And Church / William Kosco: I Will Never Give Biden Communion, Over My Dead Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.