Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? (45172 Views)

Lady Poses Nude With The Holy Bible In Viral Photoshoot: Media React / Do You Know That 'dab' Dance Move Is Anti-christ Demonic? Here's Why! / Absolutely Shocking News About the NIV Bible! All Must Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by An2elect2(f): 12:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
No matter what I tell you about this verse, I am not sure you will change your mindset towards it. You cannot understand the Bible since you don't believe in it. Do well to read the whole chapter, it will enlighten you on what led to that statement.

I am laughing right now. According to your interpretation, that verse simple means the kingdom of God would be taken from the Israelites and handed over to the Ismaelites? Think again sir....

"Never argue with stu.pid people, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Never argue with a muslim.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2015
Confirmer:

Have you not considered the Quran? The miracle of all miracles. You are here debating about the authenticity of versions of your bible. The Quran has been in existence for over 1400 without any alterations! You weren't there when Jesus did all the miracles but we have the miracle of Quran with us forever. There is no book in the world that is learn by heart and off hand like the Quran. The simplicity by which it's being "crammed" is nothing but divine.

if recitation is the only proof the quran had has its divinty from the almighty then the ifa oracle reiters are divine too. shame on the moon god for sending a silly prophet without any miracle
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by babymillenium(f): 12:59pm On Jul 12, 2015
Mark 7:16 is already in that Sam bible. The 16f is just like a reference.go down the page it will take you back to 4:23 where you will see that same verse. And again holy spirit is in that bible. Soo many bible do reference but the difference here is the still put it down then also out down the reference.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Stevosty: 1:06pm On Jul 12, 2015
The HOLY BIBLE is a complete and error free God's words like no other, what you think is a problem are Bible scholars who tried to to translate the bible for easy understanding, assimiliation and to today's English, even when some tried to edit some words they gave reasons i.e footnotes. I personally don't always use the KJV but NKJV, NIV, Amplified and the likes even when I have all.They all convey same message

1 Like

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by kellyJames5(m): 1:12pm On Jul 12, 2015
Nuella222:
Write ur own bible with 'Eze goes to school' or 'Ali and Simbi' english. Bet me u'll never b confused in ur entire life again. grin

If I could turn back the hands of time.......my heart. Will still KILL for you lipsrsealed grin
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
Confirmer:

Have you not considered the Quran? The miracle of all miracles. You are here debating about the authenticity of versions of your bible. The Quran has been in existence for over 1400 without any alterations! You weren't there when Jesus did all the miracles but we have the miracle of Quran with us forever. There is no book in the world that is learn by heart and off hand like the Quran. The simplicity by which it's being "crammed" is nothing but divine.

Yours is a BOOK, but the Bible is "THE WORD OF GOD", so the difference is clear. You can carry a book in your head and it does nothing to your heart, just like you can carry a mathematical formula in you heard from Secondary school days until you die and may never ever use it again. However, the WORD OF GOD is stored in the heart. You heart renders it daily into your life and it affects your behavior such that you are transformed from CARNALITY into SPIRITUALITY, from UNWORTHINESS INTO WORTHINESS, from SADNESS into JOY, from CRISIS into CHRIST, from HATRED into LOVE, from DEATH into LIFE, from ETERNAL CONDEMNATION into ETERNAL LIFE. The list is inexhaustible, you just name it and God will do it. This is the greatest MIRACLE of them all!!!

Give HIM (JESUS-CHRIST) a chance today and you will realise that what you cram CANNOT show you the LIGHT, but only THE MASTER, THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, can. HE says, "Behold, I stand at the door (your heart), and knock. If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" Rev. 3:20. He continued, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matt. 11:29). In order word, you do not need to CRAM any book.

God Bless you my friend and I pray you see the light soon as many of your brothers and sister have.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by drstan(m): 1:28pm On Jul 12, 2015
christaddicted:
THE NIV WAHALA!

I have had to address privately questions bordering on the NIV and the name of Jesus. Some of the inquiries are through my inbox while others are direct.

I didn't consider it worth troubling myself about but since the faith of many is being rattled I'm obligated to talk. FIRST, let me say that I've used NIV all my life and find it very good. I also find it worrisome that those calling it names demand that it be torn or burnt. NEXT, let me say that the Bible does not warn only against removals from but also additions to the Bible. Having said that, the critics have not proven to us that the KJV with which they judge the other versions is not an addition to the word of God.

THIRD, the criticisms assume the KJV is the original bible. That is not so. The KJV like the NIV and other versions, is a translation from the original manuscripts which are in Hebrew, Greek and aramaic. To verify the accuracy of any version therefore will require comparison with the original manuscripts and not other versions. To do this one has to not only be versatile with the original languages but also the science of translation known as TEXTUAL CRITICISM.

I happen to be introduced to elementary knowledge of textual criticism while doing a masters degree in theology at the evangel theological seminary Jos. I can tell you that I've not yet found any reason to rate the NIV anything less than the best scholarly work on translation of the bible.

I know that ZONDERVAN is nothing but a printing press. It is not responsible for the translation of the Bible. It also has published many other sound Christian literature as well as many ungodly ones. NIV was a work done in 1964/65. From the claims of the critics Zondervan was bought over in 1998, 34yrs later. How can that nullify the accuracy of the NIV. AGAIN, I observed that all the "missing" texts are footnoted by the translators.

FINALLY, I have been around for sometime in this race. This is not the first time it's coming. it wont be the last. I think that this is an attack on the Bible. The devil does not want the Bible in the people's language. He fought it at the beginning killing Tyndale and co for translating the bible from the vulgate (the Latin version by Jerome) to English. NIV employed the principle of dynamic equivalent in translation which simplifies the language without losing the force of the truth as in the paraphrases. The KJV is the product of literal translation and is limited to the Masoretic texts of the Bible.

My take is own as versions as you can afford and use the one that best guarantees the understanding of the truths therein.

This is not exhaustive but I hope it can give you peace in these perilous times. God bless you all and keep you blameless until his coming day.

Bishop cnc
thanks you nailed it. this is a war against the body of christ and as christian, and this can make some to fall, i pray God help us,
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Confirmer(m): 1:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
Xetima:

Yours is a BOOK, but the Bible is "THE WORD OF GOD", so the difference is clear. You can carry a book in your head and it does nothing to your heart, just like you can carry a mathematical formula in you heard from Secondary school days until you die and may never ever use it again. However, the WORD OF GOD is stored in the heart. You heart renders it daily into your life and it affects your behavior such that you are transformed from CARNALITY into SPIRITUALITY, from UNWORTHINESS INTO WORTHINESS, from SADNESS into JOY, from CRISIS into CHRIST, from HATRED into LOVE, from DEATH into LIFE, from ETERNAL CONDEMNATION into ETERNAL LIFE. The list is inexhaustible, you just name it and God will do it. This is the greatest MIRACLE of them all!!!

Give HIM (JESUS-CHRIST) a chance today and you will realise that what you cram CANNOT show you the LIGHT, but only THE MASTER, THE CHIEF CORNERSTONE, THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, can. HE says, "Behold, I stand at the door (your heart), and knock. If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me" Rev. 3:20. He continued, "For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light" (Matt. 11:29). In order word, you do not need to CRAM any book.

God Bless you my friend and I pray you see the light soon as many of your brothers and sister have.

Calling it a book doesn't make it less of the word of Allah and the bible (the various versions) is also in book form. The Quran is engraved and stamped in our hearts and Allah has promised that He is going to protect His message (Quran) from any kind of alteration. Delete/Erase/Wipe all the book form of the Quran in this world and we still have the Quran in our hearts because it has been memorized. Can you honestly say that about the bible? Peace be unto you.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Confirmer(m): 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2015
folafola:

if recitation is the only proof the quran had has its divinty from the almighty then the ifa oracle reiters are divine too. shame on the moon god for sending a silly prophet without any miracle
stop taking unnecessary space and let the intelligent folks contribute.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by fairprince(m): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2015
Pls I would encourage everyone to actually conduct a research on their own. I have taken pains to go thru some of those verses on the Bible (NIV) in my phone and saw that all the verses are there with notes. Pls click on the notes and see for urself. They are all there

Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by fairprince(m): 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2015
That is John 5 verse 4 inserted in the same place in NIV
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by SirAlfred(m): 1:38pm On Jul 12, 2015
smileythe life you live is the most important thing and not what you read. The scripture says categorically that "you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." what is bad is bad, we all know it, we have conscience. so when you live a life that is in conflict with the will and plan of God. then you have problems.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Yinbanjonic(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Ishilove:
I came across this thread that left me alarmed and sweating because the NIV is my favourite translation and it is what i read 95% of the time:

https://www.nairaland.com/2442956/absolutely-shocking-all-christians-must

I was alarmed, especially when I cross-checked my own copy of the NIV bible and discovered it was true. But then, another Nairalander countered the above with this:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35732940

I was relieved, and a bit confused. This comment by another Nairalander on the same thread added to the befuddlement:

https://www.nairaland.com/2430755/disregard-all-messages-social-media#35740192

Now, with all these arguments and counter-arguments, I am wondering what to believe. I however wonder why anything should be omitted from the bible.

Let's discuss.
the verses you mentioned above is in the NIV because am also using NIV but I have known how to read it and if you notice at the end of those verse u will see an alphabet so just trace the letter and the verse number down of the bible page u are reading and you will find all those verse u said is missing.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Cool83(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
Doing what is written there is the most important, lets be the doer of the word
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by haftob(m): 1:55pm On Jul 12, 2015
BizBayo:

why would it make a person to turn muslim after reading the aramaic?
because of the contents,that's where u'll see dat Jesus talked about the coming of the prophet of Islam and he never talked about the trinity and from it u'll also realise Jesus dint die on the cross but was taken to heaven by God.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by coderXO(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Don't be an Olodo... They are talking about the 2011 version.

Hmmm, you can come sit with me two minutes let me un-dress your ancestors and generations with olodo knowledge.

Mtschew.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by BizBayo: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2015
haftob:

because of the contents,that's where u'll see dat Jesus talked about the coming of the prophet of Islam and he never talked about the trinity and from it u'll also realise Jesus dint die on the cross but was taken to heaven by God.

you are not a christian, so it doesn't matter if you believe the Bible or not.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by J4parry(m): 2:29pm On Jul 12, 2015
EverestdeBliu:
Simple, just 3steps...
1) learn and understand the Hebrew language,for the Bible was originally written in Hebrew.
2) Get the original Bible,untranslated and read the whole from word to word.
3) Before venturing into 1 & 2,pray for the SPIRIT's guidance and divine understanding and interpretation of His word.

Old testament was written in Greek while New Testament was written in Hebrew, so learning only Hebrew will only give you an understanding of the New Testament.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Idolys(m): 2:39pm On Jul 12, 2015
For any book to be called word of God, it must be able to stand the test of time because the God's words will surely stand for ever.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by mildflame: 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2015
[b]Isn't it strange that Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, Pastor Kumuiyi, Pastor E. A. Adeboye etc still uses the NIV in their devotionals? We can't claim they were ignorant of the fact some texts were missing (used in footnotes

Who tell U say PASTOR KUMUYI de use NIV?

All of the comments on this thread r purely academic, those of you swearing, cursing in favor of the bible totally lack d holly spirit. The bible is not a text book, novel or ordinary book that is to be read and understood like any or every other book. Without the INSPIRATION and HOLLY SPIRIT UNDERSTANDING you can never grasp the bible
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Idolys(m): 2:47pm On Jul 12, 2015
Cool83:
undecided
Cool83:

Come, let us make our father drink wine,
and we will lie with him, that we may
preserve seed of our father.
And they made their father drink wine that
night: and the firstborn went in, and lay
with her father; and he perceived not when
she lay down, nor when she arose.
And it came to pass on the morrow, that
the firstborn said unto the younger, Behold,
I lay yesternight with my father: let us
make him drink wine this night also; and
go thou in, [and] lie with him, that we may
preserve seed of our father.
And they made their father drink wine that
night also: and the younger arose, and lay
with him; and he perceived not when she
lay down, nor when she arose.
Thus were both the daughters of Lot with
child by their father. So both of Lot's
daughters became pregnant by their father.
(Genesis 19:32-36)
What is the moral can we derive from this??
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Stevosty: 3:05pm On Jul 12, 2015
Confirmer:

Cramming and comprehension are two different things, cramming cannot be said to be miracle. The Bible has no alteration the problem some of you have is the translation trying to make you understand the Bible, they are one and same. The Quaran made mention of miracles performed by Jesus, in other words what you call a miracle attested to the fact that Jesus was and is a miracle worker, seek the truth and the truth shall set you free.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by gnykelly(m): 3:09pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Take a look at this verse. You all should know that mohammed was a descendant of Ismael.

“And when he (Abraham) had separated himself from them, and from that which they worshipped beside God, We gave him Isaac and Jacob; and We made them both prophets; and We granted unto them (benefits of) our mercy; and We granted unto them a lofty tongue of truth.” (Maryam 19:49)

Please oooo, did you see Ismael in that verse? This verse Is from the quran. So, if Ismael wasn't made a prophet during the time of Abraham, who gave mohammed the right to become a prophet?

then go back and read verse 54 of same chapter.

"and also mentioned in the book(the story of) Isma'il:he was (strictly) true to what he was promised, and he was a messenger (and) a prophet."

half knowledge is bad.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by gnykelly(m): 3:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:
Take a look at this verse. You all should know that mohammed was a descendant of Ismael.

“And when he (Abraham) had separated himself from them, and from that which they worshipped beside God, We gave him Isaac and Jacob; and We made them both prophets; and We granted unto them (benefits of) our mercy; and We granted unto them a lofty tongue of truth.” (Maryam 19:49)

Please oooo, did you see Ismael in that verse? This verse Is from the quran. So, if Ismael wasn't made a prophet during the time of Abraham, who gave mohammed the right to become a prophet?
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by gnykelly(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2015
MEILYN:

then go back and read verse 54 of same chapter.

"and also mentioned in the book(the story of) Isma'il:he was (strictly) true to what he was promised, and he was a messenger (and) a prophet."

half knowledge is bad.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Geoff3ky: 3:20pm On Jul 12, 2015
It wasn't omitted, though on the app it is. Check the hard copies of the bible, the missing verses are written under, at the bottom of the page.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by bezimo(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2015
Whatever Bible you use or have, If its not king James Version which is the first original English translation.You are probably reading a doctored or watered down scripture content.I have always known this.So I am never interested in any other so called version of the Bible that is said to be translated recently.The NIVs etc.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by folafola(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2015
Confirmer:

stop taking unnecessary space and let the intelligent folks contribute.
taking space or not the the fact remains that in QURAN given to MOHAMMED sent by ALLAH and revised by JUBRIL as the case may be does not show any sign and wonders. so simple and straight if you want to proof me wrong kindly do stop saying recitation is the MIRACLE of quran, that is absurd.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by seuner: 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2015
I am amazed that....even as Christians, we are confused, whether NIV is antichrist or not....whether u write 20 pages epistle against NIV. I will study it as far as it is 'helping me to conform to d image of Christ'....The 'letter' killeth but the 'Spirit' giveth life. continue looking for letters in NIV, while I keep finding life in it.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by ustavo(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
U say dat Muhammad was not mentioned in d Bible but do u know dat it was mentioned and his name translated. When jesus was talking of the comforter who did u think he was talking of, do you know d meaning of muhammad: the comforter. Now check if ur Bible mentioned d comforter or not. Seek for d truth and it shall set u free. Why translate Mr. Black to Mr dudu.
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2015
mubarakopeyemi:

Go back to school and learn comprehension
The wife of Abu Lahab is a stern enemy of the prophet. She set road traps serveral times for the holy prophet and made him suffer.
Your sense of justifying the words of the wife of Abu lahab to meaning Satan is the lord of muhammad shows how u lack reasoning. She saying that is just as mockery of the prophet. So then Allah revealed to muhammed that he is with him so as to calm his mind from the slander of the Wife of Abu lahab. And mind you Quran 111 is there for u to know the stance of Abu Lahab and his wife.

Go to Quran 111 Surah al masad verses 1-5

1. Perish the two hands of Abu Lahab (an uncle of
the Prophet), and perish he!
2. His wealth and his children (etc.) will not
benefit him!
3. He will be burnt in a Fire of blazing flames!
4. And his wife too, who carries wood (thorns of
Sadan which she used to put on the way of the
Prophet, or use to slander him).
5. In her neck is a twisted rope of Masad (palm
fibre).

Go and make your research about the deeds of Abu lahab and his wife to the prophet. They were strong haters of the prophet.

So try again.
I'd love to see the look on muslims face when mohammed appears on the last day and says "ya all have been punked grin
Re: Is The NIV Version Of The Holy Bible Anti-Christ? by akeensbussy(m): 4:11pm On Jul 12, 2015
sportsmaster:
KJV is still the most consistent Translation.

lair, KJV is also an error itself..the translation of KJA was supervised by King James himself during translation and he order the removal of some words. the KJV was taken out of The Bishop Bible. Read about KJV and the Bishop Bible on Wikipedia.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman In University Of Ibadan For 'Help From Above' (Photos) / CAN Mourns TB Joshua 72 Hours After Death / Celestial Member Dancing Naira Marley 'Soapy' During Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.